St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

A decent hostel overall - dorms are basic but clean and adequate, fairly basic wash facilities, the bar is reasonably priced with a good atmosphere, good location.

I loved this place!! Great social atmosphere in the bar area, and lots of nightly activities to take part in. The staff are brilliant! So friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was sufficient. Eggs, toast, cereals and tea and coffee. There is no guest kitchen but there are cheap bar meals or places near by. It's a short 10 minute walk into town. Would definitely recommend this place- wish I had stayed longer.

The only complaint I can think from my stay here were some of the people that were also staying at the Hostel, which isn't their fault in the slightest. The staff, however, did an excellent job keeping them under control, even kicking them out of the bar when they got too ridiculous. They have awesome pub crawls for pretty cheap, or if you don't feel like getting completely wasted, a great bar downstairs. The whole place just looked super cool too. I didn't have any trouble with noise.

• 18th May 2015

Only really good for a sleep, they need to fix some issues, 1. Our dorm door would not close properly so anyone could walk in 2. Top toilet got clogged too much it was revolting 3. The showers only stay on for 5 seconds..... Otherwise it was ok

It was a cool hostel, I met people easily especially with the walking tour. I would have liked to have a kitchen because it was hard to find good food, the restaurants have limited hours, and the front desk weren't very helpful helping me find things to do or places to eat, not that it was easy to find an affordable restaurant for a recent graduate in Amsterdam. But I did enjoy my time at the Bauhaus Hostel and it was close to all the places I wanted to see. A very solid hostel.

I could not imagine a better place to stay- WOW- from the staff to the facilities, this place was amazing. The bar atmosphere and the hostel vibe is relaxed and fun and the staff is so friendly. They have a ton of helpful resources and activities to get you active and social. Fell in love with Bruges and will most definitely stay here upon returning

Great hostel!! The bar is really cool and they have activities most days of the week. Everything is close in Bruges so the location doesn't matter. The showers were really cold though

The staff were not as friendly as we would have liked. The atmosphere wasn't like a typical hostel, and the showers were cold throughout the duration of our stay.

Had a great stay here. Staff were friendly, everything was clean and modern. Breakfast was good, there were eggs and a good selection of spreads etc. beds are pretty comfy and can walk into town in about 10minutes so good location

Really cool place. Awesome staff who were very welcoming and always keen for a chat. Good bar full of positive vibes and reasonably priced alcohol. Easy 5 minute walk to city centre. If you are going to Brugge I would strongly recommend you stay here.

You just can't expect a fancy place for that price. It is not. But if you set your mind it will meet your expectations.

Hostel is in a good location and is attached to a cool bar but my room smelled horrible. The second building smells like a sewer, it is unbearable. I had to leave after the first night. I can't recommend this hostel.

Good location, walking distance from all the attraction in Bruges. The breakfast was really nice and the bar below has a great atmosphere.

Toilet very short and not enough shower. Lot of extras. Poor breakfast

staff made every effort but lights didn't work, entrance to building damaged. location is good but reception is dark and tired.

• 10th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel. Comfortable rooms, close to town and breakfast was included. I had a superior room with pod beds which was excellent. Wifi only available in the bar, but the connection was very good. Only issue was that the layout of my room wasn't particularly good for meeting new people. Other than that it was a great hostel.

Our bunk smelled terrible as if a sewer ran through it. It also was against a stair case so was very noisy all night. The bathrooms were disgusting with broken toilette, soapless soap dispensers and suspicious brown stains on the only working toilette. The showers were ice cold if they worked. This was a very nice hostel (friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, etc.), however the cleanliness and smell of the facilities was a major detracting factor for us.

A very good stay. A place to hang wet kit would be good, but we were lucky to stay dry. No real negative points. Great!

Showers cold and stairwells smelt ridiculously bad!

• 7th May 2015

One of the worst rooms that I have stayed in. It smelled rancid in the room and nothing was done about it. Beds were ok and location was quite far from what bruges had to offer. Breakfast was ok. Overall, I would say spend a little bit more and find another hostel in Bruges.