St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

the bathrooms where out of order in half the building, the girl at reception is useless, just an overall bad hostel

If you're going to be out until morning, by all means head to this place. It does the job. If not, you're not going to sleep here. They play music at f***-you volume until 0600. I particularly enjoyed trying to fall asleep to Smells Like Teen Spirit. The barman was a c***, but the guy checking us in was nice enough. Despite having 'checked in' via the online service, we still had to fill out the usual reams of forms on arrival, which was disappointing. Good party hostel, else f*** it.

Unfortunately we had to leave hostel but it seemed a good one. Staff was good but it is really hard to find front desk to check in. And there was only one lady and many travellers. One of the bad stuff was: there was a staff who are trying to invite people a beer tasting night at the bar. He was really pushing people like "why don't you want to join? you don't like having fun. okey you don't like having fun". Is that only way to have fun? the Staff should know where to stop. he was annoying.

This place had very friendly and helpful staff with a great atmosphere in the bar in the evening. The security facilities were just a cage under your bed which you pop your bag in and then padlock. But as it's a cage it would be easy to get fingers in and slide things out of the gap between the lid. The beds were great which included a good night light, a curtain and sockets. Although the mattress and pillow weren't too comfy I still had a great nights sleep! Would definitely reccommed

Very nice staff, seem to try their best to help people and getting solo travelers to socialize more. Very good breakfast as well. The curtains within the bunk beds are a great idea, whish more hostels had those. Clean bathrooms and a safe environment.

Hello, thank you for your comments! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad that you loved our Pod Dorms, we're looking forward to welcoming you again! Safe journey.

Some bedrooms seem older and some showers were not in service, otherwise, good hostel!

Hi, thanks for your comments. If you prefer the newer pod dormitory be sure to specify “Superior” Pod Dorm when booking, you'll get a little lamp, curtain and power point just for you! Happy travels.

Great location and lively bar are the main pros. On the other hand, there were just 2 power outlets in a 8 bed dorm (both of them by the sink), I couldn't rent a towel because none of them were available. Use a BIG padlock, otherwise your locker won't lock.

Hello , thanks for your opinion – we're glad you enjoyed our great beer! We're sorry you couln't rent a fresh towel though, we're going to get some extra ones to avoid disapointing! Hope to see you again, safe travels.

Female at check in counter is EXTREMELY SLOW, could not use my universal power adapter to charge my phone because it keeps falling over. This has never happened in any other hostel before. Location wasnt near the town centre but it was easy to find because the bus drivers are very warm and friendly and happy to help.

We're sorry you felt check in was slow, our team take care to ensure everything is correct and welcome all to the Bauahus. We don't fully understand the problem you with your adaptor, but fear not just ask our team, we are always happy to help; charge phones or laptops by usb or using the sockets we have in our reception area. From the train station we are an easy 15 min bus ride or if you prefer a little strole, 25 minutes through the beautiful streets of Bruge, or longer if you drink a beer :)

I stayed here for 2 nights (Thursday and Friday in April) and it was quite good. The beds were comfy and big for a hostel with a curtain for privacy. I had just come off a month long bender with my best mate from home (Australia) so I didn't get amongst the bar, but the atmosphere down there was pretty good. I have no doubts this would be the best hostel in Bruges, I'll stay there again if I go back. Ps. If you visit Belgium, go to Leuven during the week. Great town!

Hello, how's things? We love you comments, thank you! We're glad you enjoyed the Pod Dorms and of course our Bauhaus atmosphere! The team are looking forward to seeing you next time and joining us in the bar with a few strong beers ;) see you, safe travels.

A good hostel that ticks all the boxes, the pod rooms are nice and give a sense of privacy even in a dorm room. The included breakfast is good and the staff are friendly. The pub quiz was fun, maybe a few more free activities like this might help improve the atmosphere a little as I found the prices for the pub crawl and beer tasting a little expensive for my taste. Internet doesn't reach the rooms either which means the common area is a little like a quiet internet cafe at times.

Hello , thanks for your opinions. We're glad you enjoyed the dorm rooms and the staff made you feel welcome! The tours and tastings are run by an independant company CHIT and at the Bauahus it include a selection of premium Belgian beers. We understand about we'll be sure to pass on your thoughts about price :) With summer just around the corner we have many live bands on the way, we cant wait! Hope to see you here again, safe travels.

It;s a hostel for young people, definetly, the staff is very helpful and friendly, the hostel it's close to the centre, BUT we had ONE toilet for at least 5 rooms, the showers were not working for 3 days(we had to go to another part of the building ) and the sheets, I'm sorry to say but, they look like they have been used for 100 years. All the doors are squeaking (that's easy to fix) so imagine how fun was during the night when people arrived in their room after 12 o'clock.

Hello, thank you for your opinions. We're glad the team welcomed you but we're sorry to you felt disapointed by the facilities, some bathrooms we're indeed out of order during your stay - our team are here to help and will hapily direct you to the nearest facilities on these occations. Safe travels!

Excellent hostel. Would recommend it to anyone travelling through Bruges. Staff were very helpful and they had a great quiz night when I was there!

Hi, how are you? Thank you so much for your comments, it's great to hear the team made you feel at home and that you enjoyed the Bauhaus quiz night, did you win any beer? We hope you come back to see us again, happy travels!

There were only a few ppl in the hostel when i stayed there so the toilet n bathroom is veryvery clean! My bed has a curtain n electric plug which is good n it was the reason why i choose to stay in the 10ppl dorm. However! There was no wifi in the room, so kind of wasted the curtain n the light coz I cant surf the net on my bed!!!! Plxplx add the wifi! Plus u can only use it in reception which is closed from 00-08. And no kitchen. Breakfast is acceptable though. N a little far from center

Hello, we really appreciate your comments! We're glad you enjoyed the privacy of our Pod Dorms, though sorry to hear you felt let down by the WiFi. We'd really love to increase the WiFi coverage and this is something we look forward to improving in the near future. We would like to note that reception and the bar are closed between roughly 1am - 7am on weekdays, and roughly 4am - 7am at the weekend (dependant upon events). Though our night porter is on hand to help throughout :) Safe travels.

a very good hostel, our private dorm was fantastic! the bar which is part of the hostel ist quite cool, the staff is friendly, helpful. it's close to the city center.

Good hostel, screens in front of the beds are really helpful, included breakfast is good, location is a 15 or 20 minutes walk from the Belfry. Bar attached to the hostel if you're interested in that.

Excellent staff!. We forgot our ID cards in the hostel reception, and they sent us by post without no problem. The bar is also well-attended being a very strong point to stay in this hostel. I recommend!

Hello, how are you? Thank you for your comments :) Great to hear that you enjoyed our bar and were happy to hear you got your ID cards back safely. We hope to see you again, hey bring some friends! Safe travels.

I've stayed in a few St. Christophers along my trip, and this one had the bar with the nicest atmosphere, which goes a long way when you're trying to meet people. I always wish that there is a kitchen, and the staff were on the whole, nice, if not stellar, but this is probably the nicest hostel in Bruges

Small toilet for the number of guests... the rest is fine!

• 25th Mar 2014

Generally I don't make comments about hostels however the Bauhuas was exceptionally good so I'll make an exception. When my girlfriend arrived late at night I discovered that I had accidentally only booked one night in the dorm. The owner who was working the desk and I started talking and he was quite an interesting guy. In the end, because no one was staying in the double apartment he upgraded us to there for the night. Besides that act of generosity, it was overall a great place to stay.

• 25th Mar 2014

Very good hostel. Quite clean. Curtain, locker, plug and light with each bed which is very nice. Negative points would be no wi-fi in the rooms, no kitchen, no washing machines. The key to our room did not work so anybody with the key of the building could enter...