St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

We booked an apartment with shared bathroom/kitchen. We thought it was very well set up and clean (lounge room, kitchen, bathroom). But the kitchen light was broken, so we always cooked and ate in the dark and the toilet, which was next to our bedroom, always got stuck on flushing. But in general it was really good. Wifi doesn't reach private rooms - not sure about dorms.

Thanks for your feedback, it's great to read that you enjoyed your time with us :) We're sorry about the light that you mention, our maintenance team is working hard throughout the hostel to resolve such issues. Look forward to seeing you again, regards.

The bathrooms and showers were not great, but as soon as I left a feedback, the hostel contacted me and told me they're addressing the issue. If they really do, there's nothing else to improve upon except for the final and major drawback: no wifi at all in the rooms. Breakfast and the staff were amazing though.

Thanks for your opinions, we're constantly looking to improve many of the offerings here at the Bauhaus and look forward to extending WiFi connectivity in the near future. Hope to see you next time, regards.

Staff amable, lockers en mal estado, pocas luces en la habitacion (solo una grande) por lo que a las 3am es molesto cuando la prenden. Limpieza regular

It would be a good idea to let guests staying above the club on club nights know it will be noisy and that there will be club-goers to navigate to get to their rooms.

Thanks for your feedback, we're sorry that on this occasion you were not informed of the club event taking place, we appreciate your comments. Look forward to seeing you again, regards.

Good bar and hostel in Bruge! People from different nationalities meet there and have lots of fun. We met pub quiz that night, and it was a tough and knowledgeable one. Pretty like the hostel.

Thanks for your feedback, great to see you enjoyed our quiz! We hope you come back and test your knowledge with us again one day :) regards.

We rented a double bed room and we had a very nice apartment with kitchen and living room shared between 3 rooms. Everything was great, but we didn't have WIFI in the room.

Thanks for your feedback, really good to see you enjoyed the apartment room :) WiFi currently serves the bar and common area though we aim to improve connectivity in the near future, hope to see you again, regards.

Nice simple place with excellent pub downstairs. Shared showers and toilets only in corridors, but they work just fine. Only via stairs access to rooms, so you need to be able to walk. No free Wi-Fi on all rooms, but hey one in pub is perfect.

Thanks for your review, it's great to see you enjoyed out bar :) WiFi currently serves the common area and bar though we aim to improve connectivity in the near future. Hope to see you next time, regards.

Loved this hostel! One of the few hostels I've stayed in where their "bar" was an actual bar with a ton of drink choices and they nice hangout area lounge area. Breakfast had a larger variety than most. The walk to city center was only about 10 min or so. Highly recommend! Also do the free walking tour!

Thanks you for your words, it's great to read that you enjoyed all we have to offer here at the Bauhaus and made the most of your time with us :) Hope to see you again, regards.

I enjoyed my time at St. Christopher. The location was great and so where the staff. It was a nice little hostel with a fair price. I felt safe and just secure. Great place to stay at, I recommend it to everyone. The only thing I did not like was not having wifi in the rooms, but it encouraged me to go downstairs and talk to people too. So, I made the most of it.

Thanks for your comments :) We love seeing that you'd recommend us! See you next time, regards.

Good hostel, a little out of the way but Bruges is so tiny that it's really a non-issue. The bar/lobby/lounge is the only area that has wifi, but it's nice and cozy and a good place to hang out. The rooms are a little bare-bones, but the bunks have curtains and lamps, which is nice - though the plugs are loose, over your head, and with no shelves beneath. Also, the floor I stayed on smelled like an outhouse in the stairwell and some parts of the hallways, but they've probably fixed that.

decent value for your money, i liked the bed pods. bathrooms and showers were pretty good as well, plenty of stalls for everyone. they had roll out cages for you toock your stuff in but my lock didnt fit. staff was pretty helpful although i saw people waiting at the desk a few times. hard to have a bad location in brugge but as far as walking goes, its pretty far away from the train station.

Thanks for your review, it makes us happy reading that you enjoyed our pod dorms and that the team helped you out! TIP just take bus #6 or #16 directly to the station ;) for only €2. See you next time, regards.

PROS: Good value for money. Not too far away from the city center. Good breakfast. Neat beds. CONS: No wifi in the rooms. Wifi range is only available in the lobby area, but its a very cosy place to hang out.

Thanks for your opinions, we hope to extend WiFi coverage in the near future :) See you next time, regards.

FAN-TAS-TIC!!! Very warm and welcoming atmosphere, as well as very chill and relaxed. 10 out of 10!!

Thanks for your feedback, glad to see you experienced the famous Bauhaus atmosphere, we love to see 10/10! :) Look forward to seeing you next time, regards.

Nice and quiet place, not the cheapest but kind of worth it. And in the breakfast they have nutela :D ! Close to the centre, also really clean and tidy.

Thanks for your review, please do come back and see us again.. we have lots of Nutella :) See you next time, regards.

Fun hostel. I was staying in the second building (next door to the bar). There was a damp smell to the building but I guess that's to be expected in a place like Bruges when it's been raining non-stop. The privacy curtains and power points for each bed were good. Breakfast was decent, as were the pizzas for sale in the bar. The best part for me was the staff- Piotr sat with me and made a list of the best places to try Belgian beer, and all bar/reception staff were super friendly and helpful.

Hostel was clean and in a convenient location. Great "classic hostel" breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Lockers in the room didn't lock. Other than that security issue, very enjoyable stay at this hostel.

Decent hostel for the price. Bathrooms were clean. Privacy curtains on beds which was wonderful and blocked out light. The location was a small walk to the main area/shopping. Overall good experience.

The only problem we had was about cleanliness. The hostel at all was very clean, but our bedroom had a very bad smell (I don't know, maybe mold or something like that). Othewise, the rest of the things we enjoyed a lot, a very good place to stay!

Wifi isn't available in your room which makes the area downstairs less social. Breakfast was poor but room was very clean and comfortable. Great location and generally a good hostel (minus the noise)

Hi! Usually we are very, very social hostel. I believe it was accidental day and not too many people in the hostel. You should come here in summer! :) Take it as an invitation! For breakfast we serve a few types of jam, pate, cheese, sweet rolls, two types of cornflakes, coffee and tea. Petty to hear it wasn't good enough for you :( thank you for your stay and opinion! Safe travels!

Really nice place! A lot of fun. Comfortable