St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

the stairs to the rooms are quite narrow; otherwise it's been a great experience. we will surely come again!

• 31st Oct 2014

Hi! Thank you for your coment! Great to hear you want to come back again! Feel always welcome! Safe travels!

What do you expect if complete random people have access to property and they do not let the guests sleep by making noise till 4 in the morning. Strange place with no hospitality and no sleep. Horrible.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • India

The bar is great!

We glad you like it! See you next time and take care!

The ambience was great however the rooms dont have the bedside plugpoints and lights as promised. Moreover the lockers require a padlock so buy your own. The bathrooms are shared and most had broken doors. Also they don't have a kitchen, just a microwave to heat the food. I'd say go for the pod beds over the 6 bed dorms at the same price. Overall i enjoyed myself because of all the buzz in the hostel, but yeah the facillities were poor to say the least. Dont rely on free breakfast.

Apart from a weird smell in one of the stairwells, it was nice and clean. The curtains on each bunk were good. Good breakfast provided and helpful staff.

Staff were extremely helpful. Tons of showers/toilets and power points. Clean rooms. Location about 10-15min walk from Grand place.

Thanks a lot! :) We always try to do our best! Great you saw it! Safe travels!

We didn't have much like being assigned a bunk (we booked pods but were given bunks without curtains. We were then moved and given a bunk that wasn't bolted to the wall like the others so the whole thing swung noisily back and forth at the slightest wriggle. The staff were super nice in trying to help although I'm just not sure regular maintenance or inspection of bunks is carried out before offering them to guests (e.g.none of the reading lights worked either). Everything else was great though.

All of the staff was very helpful- above and beyond, but especially Willie. The common room was a great place to meet people and the beer tasting was great. It was super busy ALL the time, so not really a good place to make calls or anything quiet, but fun. Made it a little dirty- lots of flies. Ros were great. Especially having a curtain for each bed and it's own outlet! Right on the edge of the main city- but it is very small so easy to walk everywhere

Can't be better! Thank you a lot! Take care and safe travels! :)

Enjoyed absolutely everything! Laundry service is just next door which turned out to be good news.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Ukraine

Great to hear good news :) it was awsome to having you! See you again! :)

The hostel is very nice, with many extra services available, such as walking tour, beer tasting and a restaurant/bar inside the hostel. The breakfast was also ok. I would recommend it!

Thanks for recommending us! :) Have fun during your travels as you had in Bruges! :)

Loved it and the atmosphere in the attached bar was just awesome. The free sight seeing trip around Brugge was brilliant and found out so much in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I have never stayed in a hostel before thought they were for young backpackers but I was wrong. Will try hostels again BRILLIANT

• 19th Oct 2014

This hostel has beds with curtains! It also has a great free breakfast, and a great social vibe in the common room. It's attached to a bar, which was alive at night. The facilities are great, except that there's no WiFi in the rooms, and the outlets next to my bed were too slippery to keep my charger in. The bathrooms are nice and clean. It's located a good 15 minutes walk away from the main squares in the center of Bruges, which was a little annoying. Very social hostel.

Best location and the bar makes it perfect

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Loved this place! The common room was great, really cosy and social. Free breakfast always makes people happy :) Short, pretty walk into the centre of Bruges. I had a pod bed which I thought was awesome and was great for privacy. Thanks!

St Christopher's Bauhaus was my favourite all round hostel after 2 months of backpacking. The rooms were clean and modern, strong reliable wifi signal, and the bar was so social and an amazing way to meet people. I stayed there for a week and I found the staff very accommodating. Jeoran and Ugo in particular, very friendly and happy to help out with my all my questions about trains and fun things to do. Overall the friendly staff really contributed to the amazing homey vibe of the hostel

• 13th Oct 2014

Great rooms but no kitchen and an unfriendly breakfast policy.

Loved this hostel. The bar and reception have good character. Cheap pizza and drinks at the bar, and music playing for a good atmosphere. We hired bikes from the hostel for the day for 9 euros which was the perfect way to see Bruges. The only problem was that there wasn't wifi in our room and the toilet was a bit smelly, but otherwise I would definitely recommend!

The main building has no kitchen or meeting room, is only pub on the ground floor. Hard to do something yourself to dinner, a microwave but it's just so much. Breakfast is good.

Hi! Cool you liked breakfast. We offer plates, forks, knifes, frige and microwave for our guests. We also serve delisious 5 euro pizza! Sorry to hear it did't fulfill your expectations! Take care!

Really great atmosphere, met lots of awesome people. Also within 10min (ish) walk to the major attractions of Bruges. It's really far from the train station, but there's a bus. It's clean, the rooms are nice and have curtains for privacy. The staff was occasionally not very friendly. But the bar was good, and they have most of the amenities. (Except a kitchen. It's just a microwave, so plan for that.) Would recommend it though, overall really good hostel.

This is a great hostel. Location in Bruges is fantastic. I had my bicycle and the staff was very accommodating with helping me secure it at night. Rooms were clean and adequate. They have a bar in the hostel with a great selection of Belgium beers as an added bonus. The lobby is not real big and gets pretty hectic at times but the staff does a wonderful job. Wi-Fi in the lobby worked very well. Breakfast was quite simple but adequate.