St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Nice and quiet place, not the cheapest but kind of worth it. And in the breakfast they have nutela :D ! Close to the centre, also really clean and tidy.

Thanks for your review, please do come back and see us again.. we have lots of Nutella :) See you next time, regards.

Fun hostel. I was staying in the second building (next door to the bar). There was a damp smell to the building but I guess that's to be expected in a place like Bruges when it's been raining non-stop. The privacy curtains and power points for each bed were good. Breakfast was decent, as were the pizzas for sale in the bar. The best part for me was the staff- Piotr sat with me and made a list of the best places to try Belgian beer, and all bar/reception staff were super friendly and helpful.

Hostel was clean and in a convenient location. Great "classic hostel" breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Lockers in the room didn't lock. Other than that security issue, very enjoyable stay at this hostel.

Decent hostel for the price. Bathrooms were clean. Privacy curtains on beds which was wonderful and blocked out light. The location was a small walk to the main area/shopping. Overall good experience.

The only problem we had was about cleanliness. The hostel at all was very clean, but our bedroom had a very bad smell (I don't know, maybe mold or something like that). Othewise, the rest of the things we enjoyed a lot, a very good place to stay!

Wifi isn't available in your room which makes the area downstairs less social. Breakfast was poor but room was very clean and comfortable. Great location and generally a good hostel (minus the noise)

Hi! Usually we are very, very social hostel. I believe it was accidental day and not too many people in the hostel. You should come here in summer! :) Take it as an invitation! For breakfast we serve a few types of jam, pate, cheese, sweet rolls, two types of cornflakes, coffee and tea. Petty to hear it wasn't good enough for you :( thank you for your stay and opinion! Safe travels!

Really nice place! A lot of fun. Comfortable

• 4th Jan 2015

Basic stay with basic breakfast. Need to cater for people with food allergies. Music being played loudly until 3am is inconsiderate to other guests trying to sleep on a Sunday night. Wifi isn't available in the bedrooms which is frustrating as it means the 'social' area in the bar is just full of people on laptops

Hi! Sorry to hear that our hostel hasn't been following your expectations. We work on free access to the Wi-Fi in all rooms, but its not that easy to do it in 16 century old building. Hopefully if you will back here again you will be able to serve on internet also in your room. Take care!

I thought the layout was really nice. For the rooms it was slightly confusing at first but made sense after a couple trips. The only other thing I would change is that the front desk makes it clear that there are assigned beds.

• 2nd Jan 2015

A little far from the city center and the directions weren't too easy to follow, but other than that we loved this place! The breakfast was good and the atmosphere was great. Very clean. All the staff were friendly and helpful!

It's expensive for what you get. The bathrooms are tiny and there is not hot water running if you wanna take a shower. Also if you want to get some sleep is impossible as the rooms are on top of the bar so there is music playing till 2 in the morning. They give you ear plugs at reception but still doesn't make a difference.

Hi! Thank you for your opinion and i'm sorry for all inconveniences with noise in your room but about hot water - you just need to be patient. It takes a while to warm the water up by the boiler. If it still doesn't work - come to the reception! We can always show you another showers. Safe travels and see you again!

nice vibe at the bar (which is the reception of the hostel) and friendly staff that introduced beer to us. :)

We stayed here for 3 nights over New Year’s. We had a number of issues with this hostel. We stayed upstairs in the main building. The showers were FREEZING COLD all the time. There weren’t enough toilets upstairs. We could only find 1 toilet and it dint have a wash basin to wash hands. Also there was a USED TAMPON on the floor of this toilet for over a day! Some of staff were cold and unfriendly. The 2 English guys there were particular useless. There was a rude local guy in the bar too.

we stayed in a room of four and really enjoyed ourselves, The hostel has a great location and brilliant bar area. Really good value for money.

• 30th Dec 2014

Awesome hostel, great location, good value for money. Overall, very nice staff. However, one staff member was the most terrible person we've ever met. The staff member with the red hair actually attacked one of the guests when he was accidentally behind the bar looking for his keys. In addition, he was incredibly rude, was unwilling to serve drinks and overall had a stinky attitude towards his guests. I do not understand why such a person works at a hostel.

Hi! Thank you for your comment! Its great to hear you liked us! Petty, you have been an witness of this accidental situation at the bar and we already talked to our staff about it. It won't happened again. That's sure. Thanks for your stay and see you again!

More cleaning in toilets and showers (which are in the same location) and some beds are noisy (they grin when you move) nice staff and facilities.

Thank you for your opinion! Great to hear you liked our staff and hostel in general! We will put more attention on cleaning. Thanks and take care!

Muy buen hostal en Bruges!

Gracias! :)

Great location only a 10 min walk from the main square. Room was really spacious and clean. The staff are excellent, really friendly & helpful especially Valentine and Peter! I will definatly be back!

:D thanks! it was great to meet you too! Good music is never bad, isn't it? :) Take care and see you again! P.

I really like staying at the St. Christopher's Inn. The environment was very friendly and the staff was quite nice, too. PLUS the breakfast was amazing, with nutella and all this bunch of tasty things. It was nice staying at a hostel whichs downer part was also this really cool bar. All the great belgium beer I was looking for to taste was just down the stairs. Also, the location is really good, because the hostel is within a walking distance from every part in town. Really recommend it!

!!!!!!!!!!!ROOM 3!!!!!!! If you stay here dont stay in the building of the bar! I Will never ever stay in Bruges at st. Christopher's again! I arrived in my room and was shocked the room was the worst I have ever stayed in. Ever and I have travelled to over 35 countries. The beds were terrible, the room was above the bar, I like to party but also like a good nights sleep. It was impossible to sleep in our room with the bar running late at night. The photos shown on the website are not the beds

Hi! Thank you for your opinion and of course we apologise for inconveniences with your room. But we have to disagree with you about the photos. They are all actual and showing exactly those kind of beds as you can find in the room. Safe all your travels and take care!