St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

We checked in at 4pm and our room still hadn't been cleaned/sheets changed.. I thought this was a bit odd. Communal areas are good. Wifi only available downstairs. There was 1 toilet and 1 shower on our level for a number of rooms but apparently there are more on other levels. Overall it was a good hostel.

We enjoyed the staff and the room was clean. The bar was awesome and we enjoyed hanging out and sampling the excellent beer and good wifi. The breakfast was acceptable but not great. The bathroom was tiny and no counter space or places to hang our towels. I would recommend installing a few shelves or hangers.

• 25th Sep 2014

This is a rather an average hostel, with average cleanliness, but fantastic staff. The place doesn't have power sockets in the rooms and the showers are terrible

I haven't seen or stayed at a bad St Christopher's yet. This one has a good bar and ample room to lounge about/meet people and the breakfast was nice. I stayed in one of the older rooms (which was like a regular hostel room) and in one of the "pod" rooms (which was very nice and modern) and both were clean and spacious enough. The shower design is a bit stupid and the main bathroom sometimes smelled of puke and cleaning supplies but neither were too offensive to ruin my stay. Not bad for the $$$

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! The pods were fantastic and you got your own light and powerpoint, I can't understand why all hostels don't do this! Bed was super comfy, so hard to get up in the morning. Online check in was great, made it easy. Great common area! Showers and toilets were super clean. Wifi worked in our room which was good. Location was great and loved the walk in. Supermarket and food shops all around. Definitely recommend it!

On the beds is very difficult to find the numbers.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

It is hard to review this hostel because the common area and bar are fantastic but the living areas i.e. bedrooms and bathroom need a lot of work. Also they moved my things from one room to another without asking. This hostel could be really really good with a bit of work.

I slept in the 12 bed room. They split it up into 3 seperate rooms though so it felt like a four bed room. The hostel is very clean and adorable. The only problem was that the common room was also a bar, so you didn't really have a place to go relax and they don't have a kitchen. But there is a grocery store 3 minute walk down the road which is very convenient.

It is nice to be able to book a St. Christopher's knowing that they pretty much look alike in different countries, you know what to expect and they don't disappoint. The staff was the best part, they were super helpful and had answers to every question. A little far from the train station, in case you have a big suitcase like I did. Brugge is not that big but the hostel is exactly on the other side of the city. The rest was perfect!

The hostel is in a really good position in the town, in approachable distance to the very touristy city centre. It was immaculate and the room we had (a private double) was very large and pretty and with nice views. The rest of the appartment was also very clean and confortable. Everyone was friendly, in general terms we have no complaints at all.

Was dificult to dip sleep in the room with 10 beds, people arrive during the night and the bed can be noisy. The bathroom was very clean and the breakfast was really good for the price. I spend one satuday night only.

Excellent hostel, good share room and amazing breakfast.

Old hostel, but a great value for the money. Very basic but great deals in the bar and the staff was willing to share great local spots to see. Rooms were very quiet and while the showers were small, they we're clean enough. It was very open during the day, but the room doors had locks onThem so it was safe enough. Laundry facility two buildings down. I'd stay again!

We had a great stay in a private twin room. Clean room, with nice little details like a kettle and tea/coffee. Wifi didn't reach the room - was available in the common area but wasn't always usable. Staff were friendly

The common area/bar is really cool, and breakfast is great!! We had a double room which had a window facing a different hostel's bathroom, so that was awkward. The cleaning staff also sat in the hall outside our room once for a few hours which was also awkward. All in all I would go back!

Very old house, which I found interesting. But I'm pretty sure some people might get bothered about that. The location was not the best, as well, but it was fine.

We had a double bed room and was beautiful. Pretty view over the rooftops. Comfy amd nice. No complaints.

Great hostel! The staff is very helpful; especially Will, who is always there for you. The hostel has a bar, so it is very easy to socialize; at the same time you can had a bit more privacy than in other hostels. Definitely a good value for money

Fine hostel, location is ok

Thanks for you respond! We are in the heart of Bruges, close to the canal, restaurants and supermarket. We are happy you noticed that. See you next time!

I've stayed at many St Christopher's & this one just doesn't live up to expectations. You cannot order food (only pizza) but they also have no kitchen for guests so eating out is your ONLY option. Basic rooms which is fine however the prices are way too high for what you get. There are not enough showers and toilets to cater for the amount of people staying there.. No wifi in the rooms and some of the staff were not very friendly nor helpful. Not what I would expect from St Christopher's!!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear we didn't fallow your expectations. Just to explain - we have minimum 4 showers on each floor. It had to be very busy day. Sorry that made your staying not that nice as you expected. Btw I hope you will come to Bruges one more time and you will try our hostel again! Safe travels!