St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Nice hostel, 10 minute walk to the centre. There is no 24 hour reception at this hostel, I have stayed at other St Christopher's and they do. So when my card stopped working in the middle of the night, I went outside to the other building (rooms are in 2 separate buildings) and I was surprised to find no one there. I couldn't get back into my hostel building and was stuck outside for 10 minutes at 3am banging on the door until someone let me in. Staff didn't care when I told them what happened.

The hostel was ok, however the staff didn't really seem interested in being there, and not too bothered in helping us.

Room was cramped and window to the roof was left open, leaving out stuff in the open. Bathrooms were atrocious, glad I only had to stay one night.

My first time staying at a Hostel, I was expecting the worse. This place is great for meeting people, the amenities are good and the location is very convenient. I would definitely stay there again if I come back. If you are a backpacker, take their walking tour ... It's a great way to discover the city and make some friends.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Adam was amazing who took us on the walking tour and a pub crawl couldnt recommend him enough

• 1st Aug 2015

Facilities were very small could hardly fit in the toilet room and I'm a small girl, and showers were small and had timers. Everything else was great!!!

Me and another friend stayed in an all girls dorm! Was right next to the shower room and loo and was very quiet so slept well!

• 30th Jul 2015

I'm glad we only stayed one night as this place was dated, far from the centre, wifi didn't really work well in the rooms and you could hear lots of noise from the street.

Best hostel we stayed in during our entire trip around Europe. Highly recommend the pub crawl to meet people and have a good laugh.

• 28th Jul 2015

Hostel is very close to town, staff are helpful

Great location and friendly staff. The atmosphere in the bar / common area is great to meet people. The free breakfast is pretty standard but get in early or you miss out. The food is cheap €5 pizzas and beers are priced well. Rooms are comfortable and the locker space underneath is ideal. Only downside we have is no kitchen facilities and when asking for a glass of hot water to make our own tea we had to pay €2 but overall a good hostel with friendly staff would recommend to stay!

A tad inconvenient to have rooms in different buildings than the reception but no big deal. Overall had a good feeling about my stay but only stayed one night. Pretty good location but not right in the city center.

Did not like this hostel. No wifi in the rooms. No common area except for the bar/reception which was usually playing really loud music and busy because everyone was trying to use the wifi. Showers were bad as they consisted of a single jet stream of water (apart from two female showers). Got really hot in the rooms at night because there were beds in front of the windows so couldn't get any breeze. Toilets were constantly out of toilet paper. Staff not knowledgeable.

The hostel had alot of good aspects including curtains on the bed, clean bathrooms and organized activities. The bathrooms had enough toilets and showers (shower design was very good). The issue with the hostel is that the room itself was the loudest I've experienced. The heavy door slammed everytime anyone went in or out to the point the floor shook. The floor also shook anytime it was walked on and the metal drawers rolled out (also incredibly loud). Don't stay here if you want to sleep.

Just finished travelling and doing my reviews of hostels. This one was the best I've been everything was perfect - staff, location, the people, the bar. Would recomend anyone to stay here!

Dirty bed, wake up with itchy red rashes across my body... A lot of unknown bugs in the room. Eg: mosquito and etc... No wifi in room... No kitchen... Internet at common area is slow... Not recommended...

Fairly good, nevertheless the bathroom was a little dirty.

There was a really good atmosphere in the hostel and the bar there was awesome! The room was alright with good lockers but the bathroom smelt and wasn't very clean. The location was pretty good, a bit of a walk to the main square but the busses were really close.

Top hostel, loved the privacy of the curtains round the bunk, power sockets and reading light. Dorms not cramped and stuffy. Really nice communal area. Excellent staff... not always the case. European hostels. Highly recommended,

• 21st Jul 2015

Very fun, good breakfast and good location. awesome free walking tour!