St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Can't recommend this place enough. The staff are infinitely helpful and friendly. It's got the best atmosphere for travelling and it's cheap for what it is. Like any hostel it's rough around the edges. But your not staying in a hotel after all. It's comfortable and relaxing to chill out in the day. And it's not far at all from the bars in Bruges at night. 5-10 mins walk max. If you're like me, travelling solo and reading reviews for the best hostel. Book this place. It's made my time in Belgium!

Big hostel with many buildings. I was in a superior 10 and really appreciated the privacy curtain and the personal outlets and light. Would be better if rooms had wifi. Breakfast is basic toast and cereal. They need to update directions on the bus about which stop to get off at. Asking shouldn't be the only direction. Hostel is walkable to most major attractions.

Hi, it's great that you enjoyed our pod beds. We will review the online directions to the hostel and make sure the bus journey is clear for new guests. We are also expanding our breakfast to include fruit in addition to our current selection of juices, eggs, cereal, spreads/jams tea and coffee. Thank you for your feedback. - The Bauhaus

solid place in good location. nice bar

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at so far! Very cool atmosphere and great staff and bar. Good breakfast too, lots of variety. The beds were very nice and had little curtains for privacy which I really liked. I loved Bruges so much, and this place had lots of cool and interesting people to meet.

15 min walk from the city center, the bar was always popping. The rooms were nice and the atmosphere was cool. The pod beds with curtains added a level of privacy and relaxation that was awesome to have and I really enjoyed that. I really liked this hostel and would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it. I wish every hostel were like a St. Christopher's.

No wifi in bedroom,no power supply from power point on my second night of stay

Hi, Unfortunately we are unable to offer wifi outside of our common area at this time but hope to offer that service in the future. Thank you for providing us with feedback, we rely on guest communication to maintain our standards. The power supply in your room has now been fixed. - The Bauhaus

Upon arrival, the only toilet I could find was broken and the lights in the bathroom weren't fully working. Furthermore, during my stay here, someone went into my room and stole my backpack which had many valuables in it and the staff were not very helpful.

Hi, thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay. I am very sorry that the hostel did not meet your expectations. It is our understanding that the staff responded to your situation by calling the police immediately and notified the manager and maintenance staff to check the room lock and security camera footage. We will contact you privately for more information regarding the staff handling of the incident and apologise again for any inconvenience you experienced. - The Bauhaus

Breakfast too late

Great atmosphere and beautiful setting. Within comfortable walking distances from a laundromat, a supermarket and many cafes and bars. Lockers were big enough to hold large backpacks and suitcases. Many spacious showers. Enjoyed the included breakfast every morning. Prices for drinks at the bar were very reasonable. Small annoyances were bad lighting at one of the beds as well as a faulty locker in our room.

Really nice location in a beautiful town. Make sure you book a superior room with pods. Something was seriously up with the sewers and the staircase in the second building absolutely stunk!!! Only wifi is in reception area. Was a cheap hostel for this end of Europe.

The lounge area was really cool, they offered a beer tasting and had food in the reception area. The beds were comfy and offered privacy with a curtain. The bathrooms were not the cleanest, but the shower was nice. The location was good, in a small city everything was walkable.

This is a good hostel - with a bar downstairs that was actually fun and not only a hostel bar. There is no wifi in the building next door where a lot of the actual rooms are, only in the building with the bar which has some rooms, which was inconvenient.

Great place to meet people. Staff is friendly and really helpful. The walking tour is fun. Unfortunately the pub crawl is only from Monday to Thursday so I missed that.

No wifi in the room, no charger site near to the bed. Not enough shower room, need to wait or go to another floor. You must eat your breakfast before 10.

No wifi in the rooms, staff didn't know how I could get a bus/taxi, bar is fine but doesn't have many comfortable places and isn't one of the best for meeting people, and the hostel is located outside of the center. One of the only options in Bruges but really needs to improve to be worth the money.

There's no kitchen in hostel, but you can ask stuff for hot water and to microvave some food. Free breakfast and taproom downstairs can partly reward every drawbags ;)

Good pub runs every night, good social atmosphere, bike rental on site. Free breakfast (toast and egg!) and courteous guests. Great location and friendly staff, Would stay again.

• 17th Jun 2015

Hi, Thanks for your feedback, we´re glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you visit us again in the future. - The Bauhaus

No wifi in rooms, there weren't enough bathrooms and they're not very clean, my room had no lockers that worked properly. Wouldn't recommend this place.

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are currently arranging the installation of brand new lockers and will take your comments into consideration when reviewing our cleaning practices. Thank you. - The Bauhaus

Great place. Very friendly people. Very easy to meet new people at the hostel bar.

Hi, Good to know that you enjoyed your stay and met some new people in the bar. Come back and visit us again soon! - The Bauhaus

Had a good stay good atmosphere lockable storage is available biker friendly has cycle/motorcycle parking just outside dont get the massive head on the 🍺 but just a local thing i reckon

• 16th Jun 2015

Hi, Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the close motorcycle parking. The large beer head is indeed a local thing, so you can rest assured you got your Belgian beer served Belgian style ;)