St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

It's just the cheapest Hostel, it's not the best, maybe the better option, but so full of people and not good place for a good sleeping. And on the last, they still ask some money for donation, what i find very uncomfortable, as we even don't know if they would pass it forward.

Great hostel! Has a hostel bar which creates a great atmosphere and great staff. The hostel it's self could do with a good clean but was a good place to stay especially as a solo traveller

What really bothered me was that the place was rather dirty. I have not seen any clean toilets. Showers didnt look too good either, and the floors could use some vacuuming. Also the tables in the cafe were a bit messy. I really missed having a plug or reading lamp anywhere near my bed. The toilets dont have a sink to wash your hands, instead I had to go to a different floor. The cafe downstairs is nice though, comfy seats and nice, cheap beers. All in all bit pricy for what you get.

Good hostel overall. Facilities were clean and the dormitories were nice. However, upon arrival we were hit with a "hidden city tax" that we had to pay in order to get the room. They should include this "tax" DIRECTLY in the advertised rate here and not give you that surprise upon arrival, because that's not honest.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The room felt dirty and the bathroom was below expectation

Great hostel, good bar. Made some friends at the beer tasting, and they have a few more activities. Walking distance from Markt and Burg. The bed is nice and spacious (most comfortable I've been in on my trip) with a curtain and locker underneath. Friendly staff and good bar atmosphere, though it might not be great to have a room right above the bar. Luckily I had a room in the building next door. Great stay overall, definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Bruges!

It's a bit far from the train station (30 mins walk), but it's near to the main square in the city center. Except the weak wifi in the room, everything in the hostel Is fine and the price is reasonable as well !

Very nice place, i would stay again

I liked the hostel, it was very nice and clean. The staff members were very friendly but the bartender charged us 40 cents more than the price in the menu (maybe there was some tax, or the menu was not updated idk). My bed was very comfortable and the room was clean, there was also a sink and lockers in the room but u have to bring your locker (or buy one at the front desk). I really liked the bar the design is awesome with the clocks and how everything is set up. And the breakfast was nice.

Loved the pod style beds that come with their own charger points, light and privacy curtains. And the showers were an absolute joy, hot and clean and spacious. Would stay here again

It is a really nice place to stay! Super friendly staff and great atmosphere! The only drawback is that the toillets are not so clean!

St Christophers was an average hostel. It didn't feel very clean and we had to go through the restaurants bathroom to get to our room.

Awesome bar downstairs to try a heap of Belgian beers. Can walk to the main squares in a few minutes. No wifi in the bedrooms is a bit of a nuisance.

Hi! Thanks for your time! Beer is the strongest side of Belgium and we are happy that you enjoyed our fine selection! We look forward to improve WI-FI everywhere. Near future we will be able to show you our improvements! Safe travels!

Brilliant hostel. Staff were so friendly and so much fun! Had a brilliant 2 nights there, wish i didnt have to leave when I did! Will definitely be back!

Great hostel with friendly staff, good rooms and a fun bar. The all of the staff that I met were good to talk to and quite knowledgable of the area. The room I was in had good beds and a locker for each, though you need your own lock. Bathroom was good too, great shower and always pretty clean. It seemed a bit further out than some other hostels, but Bruges is so small that it makes little difference. The free wifi and breakfast were nice touch

Hi there! Thanks for your comment! Great to hear you our staff helped you out! Housekeeping team is always glad to hear they do a good job! Indeed we are just 10 minutes walk from the main square through beautiful historic part of Bruges. We look forward to see you again! Take care!

WiFi doesn't work in rooms, which is frustrating! Even in the bar it was patchy. Location is good, about 10 minutes walk from town. I really liked the curtains on the beds!

Hi! Thank you for your time to leave a review. Its great to hear you had a good experience in our hostel and sorry to hear about the noise though. Belgium beer is not only good, it's also quite strong. We wait to see you again!

The bar was amazing, and the facilities were pretty good. Only drawback was the absurd amount of drunk people yelling and throwing up outside the building throughout the night. Can't blame them them for that though so otherwise it was a great experience!

Hi! Thank you for your respond. We are happy you enjoyed our pod dorms! Indeed WI-FI is currently accesable in our bar anc comon area. We undestand your frustration and look forward to increasing conectivity through the building very soon. Thank you for your stay and safe travels!

We just spent one night in St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel. We did check-in online which I highly recommend because we has avoided too much time to get the room keys, we just paid the city tax and received some advices how to use the hostel facilities. The hostel lobby is placed together with the bar which gives a very nice atmosphere. The breakfast is served also on the bar. The doublebed room is very nice, clean and provides equipment to keep it warm. The staff could be more friendly.

The Hostel had a friendly environment. Having a bar in the Hostel is a nice touch because it allows you to relax in the lounge after a long day. However, the loud music from the bar overflowed into the lounge area making it a little distracting for people trying to do other things. This wasn't too much of a problem though, just slightly annoying. The location is a little out there, but as Brugge isn't that big, it's not much of an inconvenience. The rooms were clean and enjoyed my stay

Thanks for your feedback, good to hear that you enjoyed the Bauhaus atmosphere and we appreciate your thoughts on the music volume in the common area. Hope to see you again, regards.

This is my second time staying at Bauhaus the first in a dorm then this time I stayed in the apartment. It was very clean and I was impressed by how spacious the kitchen/ dining area was. We weren't planning on cooking but the kettle came in handy for drinks. My only complaint is that the plumbing in the bathroom wasn't great, leaky tap and one of the sinks was blocked. But aside from that great value for money and enjoyed my second stay. Great location too only a short stroll into centre.

• 28th Feb 2015

Thanks for your review, it's great to read that you came back to us for a second visit and checked out our apartment rooms, our maintenance team have worked on the plumbing issue you encountered :) Hope to see you again, regards.