St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Basic stay with basic breakfast. Need to cater for people with food allergies. Music being played loudly until 3am is inconsiderate to other guests trying to sleep on a Sunday night. Wifi isn't available in the bedrooms which is frustrating as it means the 'social' area in the bar is just full of people on laptops

Hi! Sorry to hear that our hostel hasn't been following your expectations. We work on free access to the Wi-Fi in all rooms, but its not that easy to do it in 16 century old building. Hopefully if you will back here again you will be able to serve on internet also in your room. Take care!

I thought the layout was really nice. For the rooms it was slightly confusing at first but made sense after a couple trips. The only other thing I would change is that the front desk makes it clear that there are assigned beds.

• 2nd Jan 2015

A little far from the city center and the directions weren't too easy to follow, but other than that we loved this place! The breakfast was good and the atmosphere was great. Very clean. All the staff were friendly and helpful!

It's expensive for what you get. The bathrooms are tiny and there is not hot water running if you wanna take a shower. Also if you want to get some sleep is impossible as the rooms are on top of the bar so there is music playing till 2 in the morning. They give you ear plugs at reception but still doesn't make a difference.

Hi! Thank you for your opinion and i'm sorry for all inconveniences with noise in your room but about hot water - you just need to be patient. It takes a while to warm the water up by the boiler. If it still doesn't work - come to the reception! We can always show you another showers. Safe travels and see you again!

nice vibe at the bar (which is the reception of the hostel) and friendly staff that introduced beer to us. :)

We stayed here for 3 nights over New Year’s. We had a number of issues with this hostel. We stayed upstairs in the main building. The showers were FREEZING COLD all the time. There weren’t enough toilets upstairs. We could only find 1 toilet and it dint have a wash basin to wash hands. Also there was a USED TAMPON on the floor of this toilet for over a day! Some of staff were cold and unfriendly. The 2 English guys there were particular useless. There was a rude local guy in the bar too.

we stayed in a room of four and really enjoyed ourselves, The hostel has a great location and brilliant bar area. Really good value for money.

• 30th Dec 2014

Awesome hostel, great location, good value for money. Overall, very nice staff. However, one staff member was the most terrible person we've ever met. The staff member with the red hair actually attacked one of the guests when he was accidentally behind the bar looking for his keys. In addition, he was incredibly rude, was unwilling to serve drinks and overall had a stinky attitude towards his guests. I do not understand why such a person works at a hostel.

Hi! Thank you for your comment! Its great to hear you liked us! Petty, you have been an witness of this accidental situation at the bar and we already talked to our staff about it. It won't happened again. That's sure. Thanks for your stay and see you again!

More cleaning in toilets and showers (which are in the same location) and some beds are noisy (they grin when you move) nice staff and facilities.

Thank you for your opinion! Great to hear you liked our staff and hostel in general! We will put more attention on cleaning. Thanks and take care!

Muy buen hostal en Bruges!

Gracias! :)

Great location only a 10 min walk from the main square. Room was really spacious and clean. The staff are excellent, really friendly & helpful especially Valentine and Peter! I will definatly be back!

:D thanks! it was great to meet you too! Good music is never bad, isn't it? :) Take care and see you again! P.

I really like staying at the St. Christopher's Inn. The environment was very friendly and the staff was quite nice, too. PLUS the breakfast was amazing, with nutella and all this bunch of tasty things. It was nice staying at a hostel whichs downer part was also this really cool bar. All the great belgium beer I was looking for to taste was just down the stairs. Also, the location is really good, because the hostel is within a walking distance from every part in town. Really recommend it!

!!!!!!!!!!!ROOM 3!!!!!!! If you stay here dont stay in the building of the bar! I Will never ever stay in Bruges at st. Christopher's again! I arrived in my room and was shocked the room was the worst I have ever stayed in. Ever and I have travelled to over 35 countries. The beds were terrible, the room was above the bar, I like to party but also like a good nights sleep. It was impossible to sleep in our room with the bar running late at night. The photos shown on the website are not the beds

Hi! Thank you for your opinion and of course we apologise for inconveniences with your room. But we have to disagree with you about the photos. They are all actual and showing exactly those kind of beds as you can find in the room. Safe all your travels and take care!

Overall good experience with nice enough bar at reception and clean modern rooms. Bad bit is rooms are in seperate building to this common area and be warned that there is surprisingly no guest kitchen

Me and my husband were really impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms. We loved the pod beds! We thought the staff were great! Really friendly, helpful and laid back.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Poland

Thank you for your comment! It was great to have you here! Safe travels and see you around! P.

We had great time there, there is a cool bar under the hostel. We had problem with the shower, the hot water was not working very well, sometimes it was on, sometimes off.

The hostel was pretty decent. I liked the curtainson the bunk beds and big lockers. The staff was nice and I liked the atmosphere of the lounge and bar. I would stay here again.

Excellent location. Close walk to everything.

really clean toilets. great reception-bar area with a good range of beers. only issue is that the wifi doesn't reach the room

• 11th Dec 2014
  • India

The perfect hostel ever!! Nice location easy to go aroun the city and see everything that you want to. Nice environment to meet people from all over the world and have nice beers and drinks...cheap ones!!! Totally recommend and would go back as soon as possible!!