St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Really nice hostel. I had the pod beds which were super nice. Only downside to the cool beds was that my adapter (US) didn't fit. I know this was a problem with one other person too. The bar is nice. Location is really good, although you have to walk a bit from the train station. The common area is the best feature in my opinion. It's really easy to meet people as long as you get off your phone.

• 20th Jun 2014

I had a great time there! Bar was nice, staff was nice, atmosphere was really great. Breakfast was good. Only thing that I have something negative to say is about cleanliness (toilets and showers).

Staying in the apartment was awesome! Enjoyed having a kitchen and a living area.

• 20th Jun 2014

Great hostel.. Only problem is that rooms got no wifi

Really fantastic place with great staff and a great atmosphere. It's about 10 minutes' walk from the city centre, but as Bruges is small enough to walk from one end to the other in half an hour, that really doesn't matter much.

• 19th Jun 2014

For the money, this was a decent stay. However, were I to return to Bruges, I would not stay here. The staff were short with us and the entire hostel smelled like sewage.

A great atmosphere, really pleasant hostel in a beautiful area. The only issue is the basic rooms, not enough plug sockets when you have rooms of 8 etc sharing one plug. Great value though with a great breakfast included.

• 18th Jun 2014

The pub/hostel atmosphere was very welcoming. Booked another St Christopher's after my stay :)

Absolutely love the bartender lex, give that man a promotion, his bants were cray... The hostel was pretty good too

• 17th Jun 2014

Awesome atmosphere with very friendly and outgoing staff, great hostel for meeting other travelers. Fun bar area and lounge. Location was slightly removed from the main drags, but the hostel was fun enough to make up for that. Tiny showers in our room (not sure if anybody over 5 foot 10 could actually fit in it) but beds were clean and comfortable.

really like the hostel but the staff at the bar, even when it was empty, was terrible.

• 14th Jun 2014

I had a really nice stay here. The pods are a great idea - for the first time in a hostel dorm room I had complete privacy! The beds and rooms are big and spacious, always clean and the hostel is in a pretty good location just a 5 minute walk from the center of Bruges. The common room is a bar/cafe so there are always people there to talk to. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Bruges!

10 minute walk from the city center, but Bruges is a small and beautiful city so the walking is fine. No wifi in the rooms but other than that everything was great!

Enjoyed our stay here despite a few things. We found it very difficult to find a working toilet and shower anywhere near our room. We eventually found a toilet but there was no basin anywhere near it. Location was good only a short walk into town. The bar had a good atmosphere for meeting people. Would be good if wifi worked in the rooms.

Really good lounge area to meet people. Each bed has a curtain for privacy. Outside of the center of town, but in a very nice location and it makes for a short and pleasant walk.

Brunette staff was very very nice and helpful . Clean bathrooms and comfy beds

• 11th Jun 2014

Decent hostel, but quite run down, the bathrooms are mouldy and it's a bit of a walk into town (not huge though, Bruges isn't that big). Not many showers and wc between rooms. Great bar and fun vibes kinda makeup for it's shortcomings. Kinda.

Overall great place. Friendly staff, good bar, not too far from everything, and really clean.

No kitchen (you can request cutlery plates and there is a microwave in the bar), can't drink your own alcohol. Swipe card on the main door needs practice to work. Wifi only works in the common area, not the rooms. Otherwise top notch.

Great place, good showers and good rooms, very worth the money, we had a great time when we stayed there, I recommend it to anyone.

• 9th Jun 2014