St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

The hostel wasn't very clean and there was always a faint smell of urine in the air. Breakfast was not that great either, there were limited choices with only bread, cereal and juice. However, the rates are quite low and it is still acceptable for a one night stay. I definitely would not stay here for more than one night.

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

The staff -particularly Peter from Poland- at reception, is a most patient and hepful, friendly person. Facilities are in serious need of attention, particularly the bathrooms and toilets. Breakfast great and appreceiated.

Only 10-15 walk to Markt through pleasant streets. Great staff at this hostel, with a lovely bar and restaurant area. We had a great stay!

• 13th Dec 2013

We had a great stay, a lovely hostel. Staff were great especially Valentina who was awesome helping me find my bag that I left on the bus. Great breakfast

Showers were not as hot as I would have liked - but perhaps if I had got up earlier there might have been more hot water - otherwise a great venue with awesome staff

• 7th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 41+

This is a perfect hostel. The people running the show are quite amazing. The activities organised by the hostel groups in the area are perfect to encourage a little bit of mingling and touring. Thanks guys... Piotr Hugo and Colleen for making this such an terrific and enriching experience at the same time. :-)

Excellent place! Great location and safe! Everything was clean and new! Awesome atmosphere as well! Totally recommend it! Great breakfast btw!

Amazing hostel

I had booked an 8 mixed dorm, and was given a 10 male dorm. After that, the room they gave me was fully packed, so they had to move me to another room which was awfull. In this room, my scarf was stolen. To compensate the mistakes, they decided to give me a flat all for me which was great). Staff (valentina and peter were great). The common area and bar also great, but lockers in rooms dindt work and bathrooms weren't clean. I wouldn't recommend you to stay there unless you book the city flats.

My only real complaint was no wifi in the room, but the bar area made up for that!

• 8th Nov 2013

Im a real fan of St Christophers, however i was a little disappointed by the Bruges location, although this may be because the bar has been set so high by the Berlin, Edinburgh and London locations. The bar was excellent, with an amazing choice of beers, but there is only a small pizza menu (4 choices) so the discount code you are given at check in becomes pretty useless. The site is not as clean as you would hope, the plugholes were filled with hair, & it cost more to stay for a weekend

Very nice hostel, perfect for backpackers. Good location, a few minutes to the center but a Iittle far from the train station. Good vibe from the staff.

I didnt really remember what was dorm room type that I've booked but when I came to Bauhaus, the beautiful girl on the receptionist gave me a private room. So, I slept very well.

it's a little bit far away from train station and the bed sheet and quilt cover quite dirty, I itch all over.

I have stayed in Many St Christopher's hostels, and to be honest this one just wasn't as good as the rest. It isn't by any means a bad hostel but there are a few key things (such as enough outlets, and the "curtain" with the bed) that I like about St. Christopher's hostels. Also, it's quite loud in the rooms as we were above the bar and the window was to the street.

Very nice hostel only a few minutes walk out of the city centre. Cool bar too.

Good bar, great breakfast, nice friendly staff. Awesome atmosphere

Stay here. The staff is awesome, the common areas are a great place to hang out, and there is even breakfast included. A nice hostel for a nice city.

• 29th Oct 2013

Well equipped hostel with a fantastic bar. Very friendly and helpful staff with lots of information about the town. The walking tour associated with the hostel was good - entertaining and informative. However, if you are put in rooms 1,2,3 or 4 ask to be moved! The bar is open very late (about 4am when we were there) and these rooms are incredible noisy! Even with ear plugs in it was noisy as the music vibrated your bed. DIdn't get the 'POD' beds advertised. Also a lack of plugs in our room.

• 28th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

This is a very chilled out place