St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Loved it and the atmosphere in the attached bar was just awesome. The free sight seeing trip around Brugge was brilliant and found out so much in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I have never stayed in a hostel before thought they were for young backpackers but I was wrong. Will try hostels again BRILLIANT

• 19th Oct 2014

This hostel has beds with curtains! It also has a great free breakfast, and a great social vibe in the common room. It's attached to a bar, which was alive at night. The facilities are great, except that there's no WiFi in the rooms, and the outlets next to my bed were too slippery to keep my charger in. The bathrooms are nice and clean. It's located a good 15 minutes walk away from the main squares in the center of Bruges, which was a little annoying. Very social hostel.

Best location and the bar makes it perfect

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Loved this place! The common room was great, really cosy and social. Free breakfast always makes people happy :) Short, pretty walk into the centre of Bruges. I had a pod bed which I thought was awesome and was great for privacy. Thanks!

St Christopher's Bauhaus was my favourite all round hostel after 2 months of backpacking. The rooms were clean and modern, strong reliable wifi signal, and the bar was so social and an amazing way to meet people. I stayed there for a week and I found the staff very accommodating. Jeoran and Ugo in particular, very friendly and happy to help out with my all my questions about trains and fun things to do. Overall the friendly staff really contributed to the amazing homey vibe of the hostel

• 13th Oct 2014

Great rooms but no kitchen and an unfriendly breakfast policy.

Loved this hostel. The bar and reception have good character. Cheap pizza and drinks at the bar, and music playing for a good atmosphere. We hired bikes from the hostel for the day for 9 euros which was the perfect way to see Bruges. The only problem was that there wasn't wifi in our room and the toilet was a bit smelly, but otherwise I would definitely recommend!

The main building has no kitchen or meeting room, is only pub on the ground floor. Hard to do something yourself to dinner, a microwave but it's just so much. Breakfast is good.

Hi! Cool you liked breakfast. We offer plates, forks, knifes, frige and microwave for our guests. We also serve delisious 5 euro pizza! Sorry to hear it did't fulfill your expectations! Take care!

Really great atmosphere, met lots of awesome people. Also within 10min (ish) walk to the major attractions of Bruges. It's really far from the train station, but there's a bus. It's clean, the rooms are nice and have curtains for privacy. The staff was occasionally not very friendly. But the bar was good, and they have most of the amenities. (Except a kitchen. It's just a microwave, so plan for that.) Would recommend it though, overall really good hostel.

This is a great hostel. Location in Bruges is fantastic. I had my bicycle and the staff was very accommodating with helping me secure it at night. Rooms were clean and adequate. They have a bar in the hostel with a great selection of Belgium beers as an added bonus. The lobby is not real big and gets pretty hectic at times but the staff does a wonderful job. Wi-Fi in the lobby worked very well. Breakfast was quite simple but adequate.

clean and spacious room, not enough shared bath rooms and toilettes, not far from city center, but 30 min walk from trains station, and no bus to the hostel in the evening from train station

Hi! We are super happy you like our location and rooms! There is a night bus every 30 min. from trains station straight to the hostel! :) That is a pity you didn't found it :( Thank you for you stay and safe travels!

Wonderful staff and atmosphere. Would definitely come back.

That's what we love! :) Thank you and feel welcome whenever you like! Safe travels!

Lockers were out of work, it takes a few minutes to get warm water in the showers, bathrooms could be more clean. Staff were frindly. I would look after something better, for that kind of money.

Hi! Sorry to hear it! But it is great you found our staff helpfull! Very motivating! Thanks!

Great atmosphere!

Yeah! Rock on! Thanks and see you again!

Good- spacious room with lots of single beds, sink in room, but only 1 Shower/toilet on floor for 5 rooms. There were others scattered in the building but who wants to go chasing after that all the time? Breakfast served in barroom with lingering beer aroma and what seemed a jumble of day-old rolls and patries, many smashed, not very appetising, but i guess to the hungry budget traveller it´s fine. There´s a supermarket a few yards down the road and also 2 bakeries.

Hi! Thanks for your opinion! Sorry to hear that our hostel didn' follow your expactations. We have plenty of the showers in the building and our cleaning staff clean them couple times per day. I have to dissagree with you about food because we always serve few kinds of fresh bread on breakfast. Btw. we are glad you liked our rooms and location! Safe travels!

Decent place. The bar and hang out area is sweet. There was a rank stick in the stairs

Hi! Thank you for your review! We are very glad that you found our hostel cozy! Feel welcome to visit us again! Safe travels!

Wifi should be there in rooms too.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • India

Hi! Thanks for your stay and opinion! We will do our best to install WI-FI in the rooms untill you will come to visit us again! Take care!

As a beer lover, I can honestly say that this was the best hostel bar I've seen and I've been to some pretty good ones all over the world. Staff was friendly, common room had a really cool atmosphere. NOTE: there was an unlocked "push to open" door that had a straight drop off all the way down to the pavement. I mentioned it to reception and the woman seemed completely unconcerned, so I dropped security a couple ratings. Otherwise, my experience was good.

Hallo! That's great you felt good and comfortable! Thanks for your attention as well! Sometimes you can discover something faster than we. I can promise it is first thing on our list to fix now! Take care!

I spend one night in this hostel with 4 of my friends, if the common room and the bar were great the cleanliness of the hostel was very poor. I first thought the comments of other travellers were exagerated but I share their opinion, the bed sheets were covered with stains, one of my friends even found bed bugs... We also noticed a very weird smell in some parts of the hostel. This is too bad that some place with a very good potential is not better maintained.

• 4th Oct 2014

Hi! We are happy you liked the bar and sorry that the room didn't follow your expectations. We will definitely keep our eye on your suggestions and we hope if you will come to Bruges again we will be able to show you all improvements! Take care!

We were in the twin bed room and it was very nice, enough space and nice beds. The atmosphere in the bar downstairs was really nice, big hostel and still cosy with all these little corners to sit at. Breakfast was also really good! The shower was not clean, i think there where fungi inside and I dont think thats good for your lungs... The bedsheets were very dirty and the blankets beneath that were yellow/brownish... I've been to lots of hostels but the sheets never been that dirty.