St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

The Hostel is about 15min from the town centre. It is lovely, clean and check-in was very easy. However, the first 2 days we had no hot water. We signaled it at the reception the first night obviously & were told someone would look into it. However we never heard from anybody and despite the water still being cold (not lukewarm, cold!) the second day did not push the matter as we had too much planned over 2 days to be willing to. It was therefore a nice surprise to have nice hot water.

• 23rd May 2015

No complaints, everything about this hostel was nice. The bar is separate from reception so there's still somewhere to hangout if you want a different environment. Met lots of friendly people.

This place was a bit of a let down.. Staff are alright, nothing special, once you find them to check in, everybody seemed to be waiting for staff to come back to reception everytime I was there. Breakfast was good. Rooms were a bit boring... My POD bed didn't have a curtain and the walls in the room are filthy.. Bathrooms beside our room smelled so bad. WiFi never worked in the room only seemed to be around reception. Bit of a walk to everything.

This was really convenient to find because it's not too far from the city center and it's by the windmills. My only concern is that my room had a leak so when I would walk in the door is either slip on the ground or get water on my head.. But regardless of that fact I had a great time here meeting people and enjoying the city!

For the money I think this is a good hostel, location is not too far from the old centre and everything is walkable. The hostel has a busy bar scene at night and its easy to mingle. However I would say as far as a couple staying in a private room - we probably would have been better off going to a budget hotel. There is no wifi in the rooms, and the halls all smell a bit like sewer. Otherwise though our stay was fine, especially for the price.

Had a great stay at St Christopher's In Bruges. We had booked an 8 bed dorm, but we're offered a 10 bed superior with curtains and plug outlets. We went with the 10 and it was worth it as you had so much privacy and we hardly saw many other people in our room. Showers were clean, the bar is super cool with an awesome walking tour guide/beer tasting host! Breakfast was good.

The roof was leaking in the hallway and in our room all day and night. Free breakfast was a plus. Close to city center

It was a very average hostel, it's great to meet people yes. But don't expect much. The power points in our room would only work if you learned something against the point, even then you would wake up with no charge, our dorm door didn't close properly either and the share toilet blocked for far too long. But as for the beds they where comfy.

A decent hostel overall - dorms are basic but clean and adequate, fairly basic wash facilities, the bar is reasonably priced with a good atmosphere, good location.

I loved this place!! Great social atmosphere in the bar area, and lots of nightly activities to take part in. The staff are brilliant! So friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was sufficient. Eggs, toast, cereals and tea and coffee. There is no guest kitchen but there are cheap bar meals or places near by. It's a short 10 minute walk into town. Would definitely recommend this place- wish I had stayed longer.

The only complaint I can think from my stay here were some of the people that were also staying at the Hostel, which isn't their fault in the slightest. The staff, however, did an excellent job keeping them under control, even kicking them out of the bar when they got too ridiculous. They have awesome pub crawls for pretty cheap, or if you don't feel like getting completely wasted, a great bar downstairs. The whole place just looked super cool too. I didn't have any trouble with noise.

• 18th May 2015

Only really good for a sleep, they need to fix some issues, 1. Our dorm door would not close properly so anyone could walk in 2. Top toilet got clogged too much it was revolting 3. The showers only stay on for 5 seconds..... Otherwise it was ok

It was a cool hostel, I met people easily especially with the walking tour. I would have liked to have a kitchen because it was hard to find good food, the restaurants have limited hours, and the front desk weren't very helpful helping me find things to do or places to eat, not that it was easy to find an affordable restaurant for a recent graduate in Amsterdam. But I did enjoy my time at the Bauhaus Hostel and it was close to all the places I wanted to see. A very solid hostel.

I could not imagine a better place to stay- WOW- from the staff to the facilities, this place was amazing. The bar atmosphere and the hostel vibe is relaxed and fun and the staff is so friendly. They have a ton of helpful resources and activities to get you active and social. Fell in love with Bruges and will most definitely stay here upon returning

Great hostel!! The bar is really cool and they have activities most days of the week. Everything is close in Bruges so the location doesn't matter. The showers were really cold though

The staff were not as friendly as we would have liked. The atmosphere wasn't like a typical hostel, and the showers were cold throughout the duration of our stay.

Had a great stay here. Staff were friendly, everything was clean and modern. Breakfast was good, there were eggs and a good selection of spreads etc. beds are pretty comfy and can walk into town in about 10minutes so good location

Really cool place. Awesome staff who were very welcoming and always keen for a chat. Good bar full of positive vibes and reasonably priced alcohol. Easy 5 minute walk to city centre. If you are going to Brugge I would strongly recommend you stay here.

You just can't expect a fancy place for that price. It is not. But if you set your mind it will meet your expectations.

Hostel is in a good location and is attached to a cool bar but my room smelled horrible. The second building smells like a sewer, it is unbearable. I had to leave after the first night. I can't recommend this hostel.