St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Something about this hostel is a bit seedy.. don't get me wrong, I had an amazing time in Bruges, and the bar/common area is pretty cool to grab a beer and meet people. But everything else just seemed a bit dirty. Wifi only good in the common area, lockers medium sized (bring your own lock). Decent location, about a 10 minute walk to the main square. Bruges is small though so you're pretty set. They should also have actual directions to the hostel, you can't always rely on a random bus driver..

Freakin' awesome!!

It seems like they have two buildings, an older one and a newer one.I was I the old one.There was one toilet for our floor, so for at least 20 people.There were 2 unisex showers and 2 female showers, 2 of which were out of order.No hot water. 3 of the 12 lockers were broken or had no door. Staff was friendly.Close to he center and easy to get to from the train station. I met people staying in the new part and they loved it. I guess it depends which building you're in.

The bed that i was assigned was not available, i was told they were going to remove the stuff that were ln the bed but that never happened, i had to go one more time to the desk and finally i got assigned another bed. But everything good over all. Breakfast is free :)

I slept in a pod bed, which are basically bed-sized hotel rooms: each bed has two electrical outlets, a light, and a thick curtain between it and the rest of the room. There's no wifi in the rooms, though, just the common area. The hostel had an event (in English) every night I was there, I think-- a beer tasting (10 euro), pub quiz and walking tours (free). Bathrooms are cleaned 4x daily. The biggest downside was location: 30+ min walk from the station, or 15+ from town center.

St. Christopher's hostels have privacy curtains on the beds, with electric sockets and lights, which is nice, but makes others in the dorm forget that they are in shared space. People talked, some loudly, well past 2AM, even though there is a nice common area/bar open all night where they could have done so without disturbing people who wished to sleep. Wifi was good in the common area and nonexistent in the dorm. Bathrooms were clean. A relatively short walk from the train station.

Five minutes walk from the main square, this hostel is everything you could ask for! the bar/cafe is cheap and always full of young people! the showers are exceptionally clean as are the dorms. However, there are only 2 doors between you and the street so if someone accidentally leaves the first one open then anyone could just walk in. still a great hostel though!

BED BUGS!!! At least the staff was very helpful and gave me money to go wash all my clothes and gave me a new bed. The rest of the hostel was okay. Decent breakfast, the rooms were decently clean. Bathrooms were nice. The free walking tour was hilarious because the guide was such an idiot. Do it for entertainment.

Great bar downstairs that offers very reasonable food/drink. At least the bathroom near me was male/female which was weird at first but you get used to soon enough.

About a 10-15 min walk into city centre. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm. Room had lockers and a basin. Shared showers and toilets were tiny.

I love st Christopher's however the rooms here were so hot! Could not sleep at all and got eaten alive by mosquitoes! Everything else was great except the location it was too far away from where anything was which made it hard to get places was in a bit of a dodgy area.

• 25th Jul 2014

We had an awful stay in St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel. The rooms were way too hot. Beds, towels etcetera were dirty and smelly. In the room they've put a box with a toilet and shower in it, like there are on festivals and construction areas. Together with the outstanding high price of the room (45 euros per person per night), it was by far not worth it. Sorry, but I have nothing positive to say.

• 25th Jul 2014

At first I didn't want to write a review as I didn't have much to say about the Hostel. But then hostelworld kept sending me correspondence about how highly they valued my opinion, until at this point, I cannot bear the feeling of letting them down anymore. What can I say about St Christopher's Inn? The rooms were somewhat decent, kinda loud though. But damn that receptionist was hot. 100% rating, would stay again

• 24th Jul 2014

Bauhaus Hostel is really nice and the staff are super friendly. The rooms were spacious and had everything we needed. The only annoying thing was the toilets were at the complete other end of the hostel which was a pain. Everything else was great though.

The bar in the hostel is really awesome and i loved the look of the place. It was a really good place to stay!

As every St. Christopher the atmosphere is absolutely amazing. Activities and the pub in the same building as the Hostel makes it really easy to socialize and meet new friends.

Friendly and helpful staff, clean and spacious room, only problem was two lockers were broken and unusable.

A great hostel in bruges.

Great bar

• 20th Jul 2014

Atmosphere was incredible, you should mention you get free breakfast on Hostelworld! Great bonus! Thanks!