St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

We had a double bed room and was beautiful. Pretty view over the rooftops. Comfy amd nice. No complaints.

Great hostel! The staff is very helpful; especially Will, who is always there for you. The hostel has a bar, so it is very easy to socialize; at the same time you can had a bit more privacy than in other hostels. Definitely a good value for money

Fine hostel, location is ok

Thanks for you respond! We are in the heart of Bruges, close to the canal, restaurants and supermarket. We are happy you noticed that. See you next time!

I've stayed at many St Christopher's & this one just doesn't live up to expectations. You cannot order food (only pizza) but they also have no kitchen for guests so eating out is your ONLY option. Basic rooms which is fine however the prices are way too high for what you get. There are not enough showers and toilets to cater for the amount of people staying there.. No wifi in the rooms and some of the staff were not very friendly nor helpful. Not what I would expect from St Christopher's!!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear we didn't fallow your expectations. Just to explain - we have minimum 4 showers on each floor. It had to be very busy day. Sorry that made your staying not that nice as you expected. Btw I hope you will come to Bruges one more time and you will try our hostel again! Safe travels!

The music of the bar was too loud and didn't stop until 2am. Our room was just above it, and couldn't sleep until that time. They should report on the website about this. Besides this, people were very friendly and the mood was nice.

Hi! We are very glad you had a good time at the Bauhaus despite the noise. Next time just come downstairs and ask our staff for free earplugs or if its not enough ask them to put down the music. We are always open for any requests! Thank you for your staying and see you again!

Located at far end of town from station. Pub downstairs. Rooms was very rundown, with paint coming off ceiling and falling on top bunk which was not very far from ceiling. Pros: cheaper option, breakfast was very good ! , pub downstairs is great to hang out

St. Christophers house was a great place to stay. The bar in the main room had great beer and cheap food which was a definite bonus. The free breakfast was great, it is just a little out of the way from the main part of Brugge.

No complaints here. Everything down to the free breakfast and cheap ass pizza deals were great!

Room door didn't close properly. No real common area and the wifi was not the best. Bit far out but a simple walk to get to the main part of town

We stayed in a private twin with ensuite for 4 nights. It was on the 3rd floor in the white building next door. The room was okay, the beds were average. Pillows were flat and had been well used. The room also had a terrible smell to it. Even if we left windows open all day and night it still smelt bad. Spoke to staff about it, and all they could offer was a twin private room with shared bathroom. We stayed in our room. Wifi only in bar/common area. Good vibe in bar and good place to meet peeps!

Hi! It is nice to read that you came downstairs to ask our staff for help. That is always the best move. By the way, sorry we couldn't do anything more for you but during the summer time we are almost everyday fully booked. Still nice you found yourself at the bar :) Happy travels and see you in future!

Wasn't the best place I've ever stayed at, the reception and bar area is nice but the room I was put in wasn't that nice! One power outlet in the whole room!

Hi! I'm sorry to hear you've been not satisfied by your room but that's great you felt good vibs at our bar. We offer as well pod dorms! Each bed there has its own plug, light and curtain for more privacy. Depends of standard what you chose. If you will visit our hostel again just let us know about your expectations and we will figure all out for you :) Take care!

This hostel provided the most fun of anywhere I travelled throughout my Europe Trip. Matt (from Sheffield - unsure of his last name) was so knowledgable and fun, being sure to keep everyone included while showing us the sights and traditions of Bruges. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting, and I found St. Christophers was nothing but a good time. I highly recommend - and do the Beer tasting / Pub crawl with Matt & Lex!

Resepion staff 👎

Hi! I'm very sorry and very surprised as well. Our hostel is highest rated in staff and if you felt uncomfortable with something I can only excuse at this moment and promise it was exception! Come visit and check us again! Take care!

Good hostel though a good 15 minute walk from the historic town center. Clean, great breakfast and happy hours. Very helpful staff.

Hi! We do our best to make you happy :) good to hear you noticed that! Thanks and always for your service! Bye!

This was a really cool hostel to stay at. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the city center, which was the only down side for me, besides not having ensuite bathrooms. The lockers in the room worked for my friend, but my backpack was too big so I couldn't use them. The bathrooms in the hallway are small, so I'm glad I didn't shower the one night I was there. The breakfast was small and average, and the wifi only works in the lobby/bar area. We had a great experience here though!

Hallo! We offer quite huge showers to be honest... sorry to hear it didn't follow your expectations. I'm very glad it didn't overshadowed your staying :) Take care!

I've stayed in plenty of hostel and this has been the worst. Only 1 power point for a people. We checked in and the room hadn't even been made up it was a mess and had to wait 2hours till it was done. Holes all in the wall. The shower are always dirty and is not very private. Would not recommend staying here.

Hi! We offer different standards of the rooms. We have smaller dorms where you have just a few plugs, what is usually enough for 4 people, but we also offer superior pod dorms where each bed has a private curtains, plugs and lights. It is a pity that room what you chose wasn't that nice as you expected. Sorry!

The hostel beat all of our expectations. The rooms were very clean and the lockers next to each bed kept all of our stuff safe. Great atmosphere and location. Would definitely stay there again.

Rock on! Thanks for your opinion! Feel welcome whenever you want. Safe travels and see you soon!

Most things were good for the value as in all st christophers, but as most hostels from this chain they lack friendliness in their staff (at least one person who wont be nice or helpful), bad sewage smells from bathrooms, no internet in rooms (only at the bar area). I was in Bauhaus 6 years ago and you can tell the difference now that it has become st christophers, no free beer samples this time for example. Overall good experience but could be better if its one of "Europe's famous hostels"...

Hi! Good to hear you had a nice staying in overall. Since we become St-Christopher we improved all of our rooms, facilities, showers etc. but yes, it is true we not offer any drinks for free. But we offer many other things like ear plugs, hairdryer, ironing gears and breakfast. Sorry it wasn't enough this time. What I can promise, if you will visit us in next 6 years, you will have the same good vibs and atmosphere! That's the heart of Bauhaus :) Isn't it?

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent location, clean and comfortable twin room. Everything you could want from a hostel.

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you for motivating us! :) Take care and safe travels anywhere you are!

I want to thanks all people in Bauhaus Hostel...I hope to meet again!

• 3rd Sep 2014

You welcome! Always for your service :) just ask! We wait to see you again as well! All the best!