St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

The bathroom was really too small, difficult to have a shower or hang the towels anywhere. A very simple accomodation, suitable for not more than one night.

• 29th May 2015

Loved the bunks with the curtains.. Was nice to have some privacy for a change.

everything was great, except the hall and dorm had a funky smell. Not enough to deter me from coming back as everything else was A+....usual St Christophers, never dissapoints...

I LOVED Bruges, and I LOVED the Bauhaus even more. Ended up extending my trip an extra day because the experience was so much fun. Super lively staff, great bar (one euro off beers for all guests), VERY clean facilities, great wifi connection, and super fun maps for the city of Bruges and neighboring cities like Brussels and Antwerp. The place is filled with lots of energy and the mood of the place just feels cozy. Definitely would return. Great free breakfast in the morning too!

Very good atmosphere (cosmopolitan), in the reception with pleasant music. Very kind staff working in this hostel, funny people everywhere. Very happy to spend 2 days in this wonderful magic town accompanied by a very nice environment.

• 27th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Nice staff, clean hostel. Nothing to complain about.

• 27th May 2015

It was okay. For this price the breakfast was quiet good, the "hall" was okay. It was a little bit noisy because of the pub downstairs. The shower was acceptable. The only problem was the room and its isolation. The room was used, and they did not repaired a lot in there. I have heard every doorslap downstairs so the soundisolation was not that good. Thank God for earplugs!

Wifi hardly worked and pillows bedding were terrible pillow very very thin

We were bumped from the pod beds we booked due an "emergency" which we later do Und out was just overbooking but our room was still nice and we had a 50% discount so it was appreciated. The free breakfast was great.

There was a terrible stench in the hallways and throughout the rooms. The beds that we were assigned were already taken by other people, and when we asked reception they said we will have to grab whatever was left, which was a partially broken bunk bed. The wifi only works in the bar/reception which is in another building. Brugge is a beautiful town, but this hostel was lacking in the same appeal. Smelt awful and very dirty in the bathrooms and dorms.

Fantastic place to stay right in the heart of Brugge with like minded travellers.

I wanted to like this hostel because it was in the center of Bruges, however there were several concerns I had. First of all, there was no wifi in the building I stayed in. Then the outlets wouldn't kept plugs in them; they just fell out. Also the showers were freezing 3 out of 3 times I took a shower. Plus, the red head bartender was rude and obviously didn't want to be there; it really detracted from our trip. Cannot recommend this hostel unless these issues are fixed.

The Hostel is about 15min from the town centre. It is lovely, clean and check-in was very easy. However, the first 2 days we had no hot water. We signaled it at the reception the first night obviously & were told someone would look into it. However we never heard from anybody and despite the water still being cold (not lukewarm, cold!) the second day did not push the matter as we had too much planned over 2 days to be willing to. It was therefore a nice surprise to have nice hot water.

• 23rd May 2015

No complaints, everything about this hostel was nice. The bar is separate from reception so there's still somewhere to hangout if you want a different environment. Met lots of friendly people.

This place was a bit of a let down.. Staff are alright, nothing special, once you find them to check in, everybody seemed to be waiting for staff to come back to reception everytime I was there. Breakfast was good. Rooms were a bit boring... My POD bed didn't have a curtain and the walls in the room are filthy.. Bathrooms beside our room smelled so bad. WiFi never worked in the room only seemed to be around reception. Bit of a walk to everything.

This was really convenient to find because it's not too far from the city center and it's by the windmills. My only concern is that my room had a leak so when I would walk in the door is either slip on the ground or get water on my head.. But regardless of that fact I had a great time here meeting people and enjoying the city!

For the money I think this is a good hostel, location is not too far from the old centre and everything is walkable. The hostel has a busy bar scene at night and its easy to mingle. However I would say as far as a couple staying in a private room - we probably would have been better off going to a budget hotel. There is no wifi in the rooms, and the halls all smell a bit like sewer. Otherwise though our stay was fine, especially for the price.

Had a great stay at St Christopher's In Bruges. We had booked an 8 bed dorm, but we're offered a 10 bed superior with curtains and plug outlets. We went with the 10 and it was worth it as you had so much privacy and we hardly saw many other people in our room. Showers were clean, the bar is super cool with an awesome walking tour guide/beer tasting host! Breakfast was good.

The roof was leaking in the hallway and in our room all day and night. Free breakfast was a plus. Close to city center

It was a very average hostel, it's great to meet people yes. But don't expect much. The power points in our room would only work if you learned something against the point, even then you would wake up with no charge, our dorm door didn't close properly either and the share toilet blocked for far too long. But as for the beds they where comfy.