St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

We loved our stay here! The bar downstairs was amazing, and the hostel ran activities pretty often. Really easy walk into town too. The beds were really comfortable and the showers were great too! Highly recommended.

It took forever for us just to check in and often there was no staff at the front desk (I was once told to wait because "he had just gone out for a smoke"). The first shower I took was absolutely freezing and then when I went to a different shower the next time the floors were gross and everything smelled mouldy. The breakfast was hardly a breakfast, but at least there was coffee.

No wifi in the rooms, which is a bummer. The shower and toilet facilities aren't great, but the rooms are very clean. Lockers in the room don't all lock, and only one power outlet in a 6 bed dorm actually worked.

Good hostel, comfy bed, should have wifi in rooms not just at reception

Great place, clean and tidy , atmosphere lively but chilled out at the same time , staff awesome :)

Hostel was located in a great area of town. Really easy to find and lots of great small bars on the same road. Pod bunks were fantastic and the room we stayed in was really well set out. There was a bar attached to the hostel which sold really cheap beers. Keys weren't working properly which was a bit of a pain but the people who worked at the hostel were always about to help.

Great bar and social area, close enough to town to head in and out. The corridors and dorm rooms were a bit smelly though and could have been cleaner- but overall a good experience.

Something about this hostel is a bit seedy.. don't get me wrong, I had an amazing time in Bruges, and the bar/common area is pretty cool to grab a beer and meet people. But everything else just seemed a bit dirty. Wifi only good in the common area, lockers medium sized (bring your own lock). Decent location, about a 10 minute walk to the main square. Bruges is small though so you're pretty set. They should also have actual directions to the hostel, you can't always rely on a random bus driver..

Freakin' awesome!!

It seems like they have two buildings, an older one and a newer one.I was I the old one.There was one toilet for our floor, so for at least 20 people.There were 2 unisex showers and 2 female showers, 2 of which were out of order.No hot water. 3 of the 12 lockers were broken or had no door. Staff was friendly.Close to he center and easy to get to from the train station. I met people staying in the new part and they loved it. I guess it depends which building you're in.

The bed that i was assigned was not available, i was told they were going to remove the stuff that were ln the bed but that never happened, i had to go one more time to the desk and finally i got assigned another bed. But everything good over all. Breakfast is free :)

I slept in a pod bed, which are basically bed-sized hotel rooms: each bed has two electrical outlets, a light, and a thick curtain between it and the rest of the room. There's no wifi in the rooms, though, just the common area. The hostel had an event (in English) every night I was there, I think-- a beer tasting (10 euro), pub quiz and walking tours (free). Bathrooms are cleaned 4x daily. The biggest downside was location: 30+ min walk from the station, or 15+ from town center.

St. Christopher's hostels have privacy curtains on the beds, with electric sockets and lights, which is nice, but makes others in the dorm forget that they are in shared space. People talked, some loudly, well past 2AM, even though there is a nice common area/bar open all night where they could have done so without disturbing people who wished to sleep. Wifi was good in the common area and nonexistent in the dorm. Bathrooms were clean. A relatively short walk from the train station.

Five minutes walk from the main square, this hostel is everything you could ask for! the bar/cafe is cheap and always full of young people! the showers are exceptionally clean as are the dorms. However, there are only 2 doors between you and the street so if someone accidentally leaves the first one open then anyone could just walk in. still a great hostel though!

BED BUGS!!! At least the staff was very helpful and gave me money to go wash all my clothes and gave me a new bed. The rest of the hostel was okay. Decent breakfast, the rooms were decently clean. Bathrooms were nice. The free walking tour was hilarious because the guide was such an idiot. Do it for entertainment.

Great bar downstairs that offers very reasonable food/drink. At least the bathroom near me was male/female which was weird at first but you get used to soon enough.

Great hostel - very busy when I was there so good vibes in the common area. Free breakfast in the morning was pretty basic but decent. Would stay again.

About a 10-15 min walk into city centre. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm. Room had lockers and a basin. Shared showers and toilets were tiny.

I love st Christopher's however the rooms here were so hot! Could not sleep at all and got eaten alive by mosquitoes! Everything else was great except the location it was too far away from where anything was which made it hard to get places was in a bit of a dodgy area.

• 25th Jul 2014

We had an awful stay in St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel. The rooms were way too hot. Beds, towels etcetera were dirty and smelly. In the room they've put a box with a toilet and shower in it, like there are on festivals and construction areas. Together with the outstanding high price of the room (45 euros per person per night), it was by far not worth it. Sorry, but I have nothing positive to say.

• 25th Jul 2014