St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Reception dark and dingy, extremely noisy, no towels provided, no lift, only one toilet on the floor had to go upstairs or downstairs to find another toilet. Bed uncomfortable and room needed a painting. Breakfast very poor.

Hi, thank you for your review. In the evening our staff dim the electric lights and light candles to provide a cosier atmosphere. For guests not staying in ensuite rooms, fresh towels are always available at reception for a small deposit. Unfortunately, due to the traditional architecture of our buildings we are unable to accommodate a lift. We are currently renovating our older dormitories with brand new beds and artwork. Thank you. - The Bauhaus Staff

very good hostel :-)

• 5th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

Hostel was great. It was very lively even after midnight, and it didnt at all effect our sleep. The breakfast was very good and filling. I would definitely like to recommend this hostel to everybody.

this was the perfect stay. brilliant staff. brilliant discounts on food and drinks. perfect location. comphy beds. curtains. lockers. cheap bike hire. I cannot fault it at all. only downside is WiFi doesn't reach bedrooms. but the common area is so nice you'd rather hang out in there anyway.

Staff all friendly and helpful would recommend

• 2nd Oct 2015

Everything was OK: friendly staff, nice breakfasts, cool bar, spacious rooms ...great and stylish place! I loved it! Thanks

If you're in the nice rooms it's fine, otherwise your room and hallway are wet and stink, paying to store luggage is ridiculous scam for a supposedly reputable hostel. Stay somewhere else

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. During the dates of your stay we experienced a broken water pipe that caused the problems you noted. This leak and any subsequent damage has now been repaired. The additional fee for storing luggage after check-out is the result of our offering brand new electronic lockers that provide the greater security and accessibility many guests prefer when compared to less secure, free luggage rooms. Thank you for your comments -The Bauhaus Staff

The staff was great and the bar was cool. The only main issue is the rooms and the building is really in need of some maintenance. The rooms downstairs were full of mold and need some major water damage repair.

It was the second worst among the 8 hostels that I stayed during my three weeks trip in Europe. Location was quite far away from the downtown area. Shower rooms and toilets werent clean enough. The dorm I moved in was actually the attic and I felt like dying when I reached the dorm with my heavy luggage. Spacing between bunks was so limited and even for me, just 1.6m tall, couldnt sit on the bed. I didnt really enjoy my stay.

Good hostel, dorms are clean and seemed new. I liked the pod beds because of the privacy and the facilities (lights, power outlets). The staff is good, the common area is like a bar, so it's good to meet new people and to hang out. I didn't like that the whole hostel is in 3 different buildings, my room was in one building, the reception and common area is in another building and the luggage room is in another building (same street). I didn't have wifi in my room. 15 min walk from city center.

Great hostel! Staff was very helpful and in this small town its close to everything. Lots of showers and a social atmosphere. The "podbeds" are the greatest idea anyone ever had.

Pretty good hostel, especially the bar area. Great walking tour! Downside is to get to my 8bed room you had to walk through the public washroom then enter a hallway that reeks of mold and leaks. Disgusting! Imagine walking from the shower through that - never clean. Honestly dirtiest hostel I've stayed in. Some staff was great while others were blatantly rude. Someone was smoking in our room so it reeked of cigarettes and the staff didn't want to help or fix this situation. Disappointed

Friendly staff, good pub crawl, nice atmosphere. Not really sure what was the go with the 2 for 1 drinks at the bar though, fix it.

Great hostel but would really like a kitchen area to help when travelling on a budget

Very well maintened and clean hostel. It would be even better with Wifi in the dorms.

Nothing really to complain about just an average stay

Good hostel, is within walking distance from the main square and has a really nice bar. Has a very chilled/relaxed atmosphere, but not the best for meeting other travelers is you are alone. Still a good place to stay though as it is clean and the staff are helpful and friendly.

Great stay!

• 24th Sep 2015

everything good. bit more specific staff would be nice in regards to directions and such. also sending in people at 1 am wothout letting them know someone is in the room so that they be semi quiet would of been nice. but other than that it's a good stay.

I was in one of the newly rennovated dorm rooms and I loved the privacy curtains. Like other reviewers have said, there's a pretty horrible smell that lingers in the second buildings stairway and it's not right in the city center, but Bruges is only about a mile long so suck it up and walk the 15 minutes. It's beautiful there and the bar provides decent beer and 5€ pizza the free map is excellent