St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

We stayed in a private twin with ensuite for 4 nights. It was on the 3rd floor in the white building next door. The room was okay, the beds were average. Pillows were flat and had been well used. The room also had a terrible smell to it. Even if we left windows open all day and night it still smelt bad. Spoke to staff about it, and all they could offer was a twin private room with shared bathroom. We stayed in our room. Wifi only in bar/common area. Good vibe in bar and good place to meet peeps!

Hi! It is nice to read that you came downstairs to ask our staff for help. That is always the best move. By the way, sorry we couldn't do anything more for you but during the summer time we are almost everyday fully booked. Still nice you found yourself at the bar :) Happy travels and see you in future!

Wasn't the best place I've ever stayed at, the reception and bar area is nice but the room I was put in wasn't that nice! One power outlet in the whole room!

Hi! I'm sorry to hear you've been not satisfied by your room but that's great you felt good vibs at our bar. We offer as well pod dorms! Each bed there has its own plug, light and curtain for more privacy. Depends of standard what you chose. If you will visit our hostel again just let us know about your expectations and we will figure all out for you :) Take care!

This hostel provided the most fun of anywhere I travelled throughout my Europe Trip. Matt (from Sheffield - unsure of his last name) was so knowledgable and fun, being sure to keep everyone included while showing us the sights and traditions of Bruges. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting, and I found St. Christophers was nothing but a good time. I highly recommend - and do the Beer tasting / Pub crawl with Matt & Lex!

Resepion staff 👎

Hi! I'm very sorry and very surprised as well. Our hostel is highest rated in staff and if you felt uncomfortable with something I can only excuse at this moment and promise it was exception! Come visit and check us again! Take care!

Good hostel though a good 15 minute walk from the historic town center. Clean, great breakfast and happy hours. Very helpful staff.

Hi! We do our best to make you happy :) good to hear you noticed that! Thanks and always for your service! Bye!

This was a really cool hostel to stay at. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the city center, which was the only down side for me, besides not having ensuite bathrooms. The lockers in the room worked for my friend, but my backpack was too big so I couldn't use them. The bathrooms in the hallway are small, so I'm glad I didn't shower the one night I was there. The breakfast was small and average, and the wifi only works in the lobby/bar area. We had a great experience here though!

Hallo! We offer quite huge showers to be honest... sorry to hear it didn't follow your expectations. I'm very glad it didn't overshadowed your staying :) Take care!

I've stayed in plenty of hostel and this has been the worst. Only 1 power point for a people. We checked in and the room hadn't even been made up it was a mess and had to wait 2hours till it was done. Holes all in the wall. The shower are always dirty and is not very private. Would not recommend staying here.

Hi! We offer different standards of the rooms. We have smaller dorms where you have just a few plugs, what is usually enough for 4 people, but we also offer superior pod dorms where each bed has a private curtains, plugs and lights. It is a pity that room what you chose wasn't that nice as you expected. Sorry!

The hostel beat all of our expectations. The rooms were very clean and the lockers next to each bed kept all of our stuff safe. Great atmosphere and location. Would definitely stay there again.

Rock on! Thanks for your opinion! Feel welcome whenever you want. Safe travels and see you soon!

Most things were good for the value as in all st christophers, but as most hostels from this chain they lack friendliness in their staff (at least one person who wont be nice or helpful), bad sewage smells from bathrooms, no internet in rooms (only at the bar area). I was in Bauhaus 6 years ago and you can tell the difference now that it has become st christophers, no free beer samples this time for example. Overall good experience but could be better if its one of "Europe's famous hostels"...

Hi! Good to hear you had a nice staying in overall. Since we become St-Christopher we improved all of our rooms, facilities, showers etc. but yes, it is true we not offer any drinks for free. But we offer many other things like ear plugs, hairdryer, ironing gears and breakfast. Sorry it wasn't enough this time. What I can promise, if you will visit us in next 6 years, you will have the same good vibs and atmosphere! That's the heart of Bauhaus :) Isn't it?

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent location, clean and comfortable twin room. Everything you could want from a hostel.

• 4th Sep 2014

Thank you for motivating us! :) Take care and safe travels anywhere you are!

I want to thanks all people in Bauhaus Hostel...I hope to meet again!

• 3rd Sep 2014

You welcome! Always for your service :) just ask! We wait to see you again as well! All the best!

Enjoyed my two night stay here.Beds were comfy enough,small sink in each room/part of my 12-bed dorm.Small lockers to keep your valuables but not your whole bag.Common area had a nice vibe and a good place to meet people. Only negative was the communal bathrooms (in the rooms above the bar area/entrance) were very much in need of a small amount of maintenance.Just small things like only one of the two lights above the mirrors worked,two of the showers were out of order and one without hooks.

Thanks for saying that! Guests are the best observers in the hostel. Just come to the reception and tell us what is wrong. Many times we can fix small things like hooks straight away. Glad you had nice time in Bruges! Safe travels!

ive been twice now,ive loved evey minite there except some guests get very loud when theve had a drink which I don't mind but at 2 am it can b a bit irritating especily when traveling next day,mind that might b down 2 my age haha grumpy old man,i will b back,

:D nobody is never to old to visit Bauhaus! See you next year!

Nice clean place, full of young people. The atmosphere is fantastic there. Pity that we havent got time to really enjoy this stay. Thanks

Czesc! We soooo glad you had good time at the Bauhaus! It is true Bruges is addictive :) next time you should stay here longer! Wpadajcie częściej :)

The room and sheets were musty smelling, and there were too many showers and toilets. The toilet rooms were also tiny! And there wasn't a sink in there, you gad to go back into your door room. Not very hygienic. Otherwise great place, I enjoyed my time.

Nice atmosphere, good breakfast included, 10 minute walking from the center, great staff. They offer a walking tour for free (you leave the tip you want) with Matt, great guy! I really enjoyed it. And at night he showed us some cool bars. It's dammage lockers in the rooms didn't work, and for the others you had to pay. No wi fi in the rooms. Apart from that, great hostel!

A nice spot to stay in Bruges. The rooms were and showers were clean. It is easy to meet people in the common areas. The kitchen is mostly a microwave and refrigerator so do not plan on cooking much. I would stay again.

Pretty sure there was a leek above my bed. Faulty key cards/locks

I loved their free breakfast. Ya actally getting a bit more than just a cup of tea and a toast with butter. They have juice, different spreads, bread rolls...just excellent.

The lobby is very good, is a nice place to stay and meet people, however the rooms were dirty, there were two mosquitos smashed in the walls (dried blood and everything) the mattres had weird stains that I don't want to know what they were, the base of the bed was broken, there was a missing support, and found several hairs in the bed linen.