St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

A good hostel, in the heart of Brugge. Facilities were alll fine. All staff were lovely except one of the bar workers, didn't understand customer service! Would definitely stay again.

Thanks for your thoughts, we always look to improve and training is continuous, we'll get the guys together and ensure service standards really are consistent :) Looking forward to welcoming you again, The Bauhaus.

Nice rooms and showers! Also pretty close to the center.

Thanks for your review :) see you next time, The Bauhaus.

This hostel was pleasant, although common areas have a fly problem, and the wifi does not work in the rooms. However the rooms were large and comfortable, with a sink. The bathrooms and dorms were always clean.

Thanks for your comments, our WiFi currently serves the common area and bar only, but we cant wait to expand the access further! Don't worry, we've fixed the fly problem you mention - a little less humid weather helps that too :) Safe journey, The Bauhaus.

Really enjoyed our time here. Rooms are spacious, bathrooms clean- all you need! Great bar which brought heaps of vibe to the hostel

Thanks for your review, we love to hear this and look forward to welcoming you back to Bruges one day, happy travels! The Bauhaus.

Great hostel, would recommend. Atmosphere is great. Downside is the lack of a kitchen. Also staff were not overly helpful when it came to tourist info.

Thanks for your opinions, so great to see that you'd recommend us :) We hold many sources of local and regional information, but we're sorry that on this occasion we could not fully meet your expectations, please do come back and see us again! Safe onward travels! The Bauhaus.

It was tough only having access to the wifi in the main building, but the bathrooms were really great. It is located outside of the touristy part of Bruges which was a huge plus for me.

Really nice and close to the city center. This hostel has a great vibe.

• 5th Aug 2014

I thought it was impossible to have any privacy in a hostel, but they've got sleeping pods(!) which are awesome. Bathrooms are really nice and very clean. Love the lobby area - real comfortable. Everything was great.

We loved our stay here! The bar downstairs was amazing, and the hostel ran activities pretty often. Really easy walk into town too. The beds were really comfortable and the showers were great too! Highly recommended.

It took forever for us just to check in and often there was no staff at the front desk (I was once told to wait because "he had just gone out for a smoke"). The first shower I took was absolutely freezing and then when I went to a different shower the next time the floors were gross and everything smelled mouldy. The breakfast was hardly a breakfast, but at least there was coffee.

No wifi in the rooms, which is a bummer. The shower and toilet facilities aren't great, but the rooms are very clean. Lockers in the room don't all lock, and only one power outlet in a 6 bed dorm actually worked.

Good hostel, comfy bed, should have wifi in rooms not just at reception

Great place, clean and tidy , atmosphere lively but chilled out at the same time , staff awesome :)

Hostel was located in a great area of town. Really easy to find and lots of great small bars on the same road. Pod bunks were fantastic and the room we stayed in was really well set out. There was a bar attached to the hostel which sold really cheap beers. Keys weren't working properly which was a bit of a pain but the people who worked at the hostel were always about to help.

Great bar and social area, close enough to town to head in and out. The corridors and dorm rooms were a bit smelly though and could have been cleaner- but overall a good experience.

Something about this hostel is a bit seedy.. don't get me wrong, I had an amazing time in Bruges, and the bar/common area is pretty cool to grab a beer and meet people. But everything else just seemed a bit dirty. Wifi only good in the common area, lockers medium sized (bring your own lock). Decent location, about a 10 minute walk to the main square. Bruges is small though so you're pretty set. They should also have actual directions to the hostel, you can't always rely on a random bus driver..

Freakin' awesome!!

It seems like they have two buildings, an older one and a newer one.I was I the old one.There was one toilet for our floor, so for at least 20 people.There were 2 unisex showers and 2 female showers, 2 of which were out of order.No hot water. 3 of the 12 lockers were broken or had no door. Staff was friendly.Close to he center and easy to get to from the train station. I met people staying in the new part and they loved it. I guess it depends which building you're in.

The bed that i was assigned was not available, i was told they were going to remove the stuff that were ln the bed but that never happened, i had to go one more time to the desk and finally i got assigned another bed. But everything good over all. Breakfast is free :)

I slept in a pod bed, which are basically bed-sized hotel rooms: each bed has two electrical outlets, a light, and a thick curtain between it and the rest of the room. There's no wifi in the rooms, though, just the common area. The hostel had an event (in English) every night I was there, I think-- a beer tasting (10 euro), pub quiz and walking tours (free). Bathrooms are cleaned 4x daily. The biggest downside was location: 30+ min walk from the station, or 15+ from town center.