St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Good hostel, great staff! Loved the town, it's just lovely. Good atmosphere and breakfast! Internet a bit weak, only in reception area. I'd go back!

Location was good, about 15 minutes walk from the centre, the hostel has a nice bar/pub with a good choice of drinks. The facilities were ok - although the private room itself was large, the bathroom was the prefabricated type, all plasticky and small and looks like an airplane toilet. The shower was tight, the curtain was dirty and useless and the water would not go down the drain fast enough, flooding the rest of the bathroom. Not a biggie but for a private room, it could have been better.

Hi there! Good to hear you had a good time at our pub! Absolutely that is true our private rooms are really spacious. Sorry to hear the bathroom didn't meet with your expectations. About the drain, next time just come to the reception, please! We will find somebody to take care about it asap. Thank you for your staying and see you next time!

Everything was great about this hostel except my room. They advertise their brand new beds with sockets and curtains. I was out the back in the old rooms. Our window was a door that opened to a courtyard where is appeared they stored old bottles to be collected. It often didn't smell nice but to have some air circulation had to have it open with 8 people in the room. Also only 2 power sockets. So do check when you book where you go. Otherwise a great hostel, great atmosphere and staff.

Well located, clean and with nice staff. The dorm with pod beds was really good and to have a locker down the bed to put the valuables or even the suitcase was great. It'd be great to have a guest kitchen, I guess there's no space, instead of only a microwave, and a common rom not just the bar were other people go to have a drink. Wifi should reach the rooms, not only the bar. But it's a good hostel, with an average breakfast and I'd stay there again because it worths the money you pay to stay.

Disappointing stay after the high quality experienced at the St Christopher's Inn Paris Canal. Paid for a premium room, got no curtain. Felt awkward asking the staff questions, like it was always a huge inconvenience to them. It is also a long way from the centre and train station compared to other hostels. Will choose somewhere else to stay next time am in Bruges.

Hi! Thank you for your comment! A hostel is only 25 minutes a short walk through beautiful Bruges or easy 2 euro 10 minutes bus journey. Also, you can find a map and all information about that on our website before you come or just send us an email with your questions. We are here to help you! :) Take care and we hope you will back to Bruges in future!

This was a good hostel with a fun atmosphere. The pub downstairs and common area always had other travellers hanging about so it was easy to meet people. Along with a few of the other hostels they ran pub crawls, beer tasting or walking tours nearly every day, which always started from the hostel bars meaning you could meet the people from the other hostels as well. The location isn't right in the centre but it only takes 5 mins to walk in and it means the surrounding are quieter at night.

Great lively hostel with a mega atmosphere and great staff, a bit far for the center but it's still a very good place to stay and enjoy the city

I stayed in the 12 bed "pod" dorm. My dorm was actually in a separate building adjacent to the hostel lobby. Bathroom was clean and had plenty of hot water. Having outlets in my bed was convenient (although my friend couldn't use hers because it was too loose). Only gripe is that we couldn't drink beers in the lobby that we'd purchased elsewhere. Also, the lockers were actually cages under the bed.

The hostel was nice and relaxed. Beds and rooms were clean and reasonably comfortable. Hostel was quiet too which is nice.

Cool hostel. Nice and helpful staff. Cool part of the city. Stay here.

Bathroom too small.

• 21st Jun 2014

There was luggage and clothing in our room when we arrived, staff was nice, checked it out and wasn't sure what to do so it was left there. we left our luggage in the room and went to explore the city. when we came back our door was wide open and the other persons luggage was gone. Nothing was stolen so that was a good thing. toilet was disgusting, dirty, unclean...did not use showers. our room was above the bar, so extremely loud till at least 3am

• 21st Jun 2014

Hi! We care a lot about hostel safety. Sorry for inconvieniance with suit bags at your place. We offer secure luggage room to store your bags after check out but sometimes people forget to take it. We offer free ear plugs for everybody as well if its too noisy for you. Just ask! :) Btw. we hope you had a great staying in Bruges! Safe travels!

Wifi in the rooms would have been really great, otherwise this place was really chill!

Really nice hostel. I had the pod beds which were super nice. Only downside to the cool beds was that my adapter (US) didn't fit. I know this was a problem with one other person too. The bar is nice. Location is really good, although you have to walk a bit from the train station. The common area is the best feature in my opinion. It's really easy to meet people as long as you get off your phone.

• 20th Jun 2014

I had a great time there! Bar was nice, staff was nice, atmosphere was really great. Breakfast was good. Only thing that I have something negative to say is about cleanliness (toilets and showers).

Staying in the apartment was awesome! Enjoyed having a kitchen and a living area.

• 20th Jun 2014

Great hostel.. Only problem is that rooms got no wifi

Really fantastic place with great staff and a great atmosphere. It's about 10 minutes' walk from the city centre, but as Bruges is small enough to walk from one end to the other in half an hour, that really doesn't matter much.

• 19th Jun 2014

For the money, this was a decent stay. However, were I to return to Bruges, I would not stay here. The staff were short with us and the entire hostel smelled like sewage.

A great atmosphere, really pleasant hostel in a beautiful area. The only issue is the basic rooms, not enough plug sockets when you have rooms of 8 etc sharing one plug. Great value though with a great breakfast included.

• 18th Jun 2014