St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

I just had a worksite bathroom put in the corner of my room. The sink clogged, and the shower was a push button one. So you push the button to get a few seconds of water at a set temperature. Not good. Apart from that the room felt really clean and basic. Wifi in the room would have been good. It had a pub as a common area, where there was wifi which was ok. The common area had a nice feel, especially if you like drinking.

• 10th May 2014

Hi, thank you for your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere downstairs! We apologize again that we had to access your room to fixed our showers during your stay. See you next time, safe travels!

Guide from train station to the hostel can be further improve. Bed was good except for having a 'flat' pillow. New and clean toilet and nice breakfast. Late breakfast crowd can run out of seats. Still a good hostel to live in.

Hi there! I'm happy you had a nice time at the Bauhaus. The way to our hostel is really easy. Just take bus nr 6 or 16 from the train station and in 10 minutes you are on place! Bus driver is always helpful as well :) But by the way thank you for the information about it. I will look on it right now. Safe travels!

Loved the atmosphere of the bar and how we were located right above it. The free breakfast was AMAZING, thank you. The only thing is I wish there was wifi in the rooms. However, making us come down to the common room to use the wifi forced us to be social, which is good :) Very clean and safe, thanks!

Really friendly hostel, fine for solo travellers with big common room/ bar area. Beds were very good, enough showers and loos to go around and a decent breakfast- bit of a trek from the station but not too far from the centre :)

the games are awesome, the atmosphere is awesome, it is within walking distance of the mail city center but it is so good.

Very fun and well located hostel. They offered great details of what to see and what to do including discounts at the pub.

This hostel is in an amazing location and there is a great vibe in the bar/reception area with a mix of locals and travellers. The bar and reception area seemed to be always busy, mainly due to the fact that wifi is only available there. I was in a 6 bed female only dorm which had basic facilities, including only 4 working power points. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and met some wonderful people. I will definitely recommend this hostel!

Showers had used pads, used condoms, and hair everywhere. Staff, when asked, said the cleaning people would 'get to it'. Hot water only sometimes in the shower, and water all over the floor in the hallway because staff couldn't be bothered to put up buckets for the leaky roof. Not cool! Our room was clean at least, though the door was wide open sometimes. Breakfast was decent, and the pizza from the bar was delicious. Sweet atmosphere in the common area. Work needs to be done!

Hi! Our hostel is located in the historical part of the city and our building is historical treasure as well. That's way we can't fix some things by our-self. But the professional plumbers work at the hostel right now and all work should be done really quickly! Feel free to come again and check it out! Thank you for your comment and I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere! And of course I want to apologize for all inconvenience! Safe travels!

Bauhaus it's a good place2stay, seems like an historic hostel now under the brand of St Christophers, which assures quality, rooms OK but there are soo many of them you can get lost easily, common areas and bar OK, staff is nice and friendly, breakfast is all right with bread juice milk, pate and philadelphia cheese, nutella. Location is ok but not prime, you have to walk a little bit to reach city center. Close to city gates and cool windmills. Would stay again here, good value for money!!

Good atmosphere. Some of the staff were so so nice. The guy making the 5 euro pizzas was a bit angry, and it takes ages to get them. Would stay here again though. The bar downstairs is an awesome place to hang out.

Thank you for your opinion about our staff! We trying our the best! I' pretty sure that the bartender wasn't angry! Probably he was busy but the issue will be raised internally! Sorry for that and hopefully next time he will have more time to talk with you :) thank you and take care! see you at the Bauhaus!

for students and young people

Thank you for your opinion! Many different people stay with us and we are glad that everybody can find something nice for themselfs as you! Thanks and safe travels!

the facilities are awful and suck, only two plugs in one room. BTW the waiters are nice.

Hi there and thank you for your review, we are glad that you were please with our staff, this is really important to us. In the smaller rooms we indeed have less power sockets but you can always ask the staff to put up a multiplugs in you room if needed. We also have multiple power sockets in our common area where you can charge your device whilst using it. Thank you, safe travels.

Good facilities with lockers under the beds and separate lights, plugs and a curtain for each bed. Our door wouldn't shut properly though and when I asked staff they didn't seem concerned and told us we could play with it to close it properly. Our food was allow extreeeemeley slow one night and what seemed to be the manager was very rude abouti it instead of accommodating. They had live music some nights and lots of people around so there was always lots going on!

• 2nd May 2014

Hi, Its great to hear you had a good time at the Bauhaus. We have a pizza oven that can only hold 4 pizzas at the time and on busy period it can take a while for you order to come. Glad to hear you enjoyed our live events. Safe travels!

Awsome place to stay, great staff and great atmosphere.

Best hostel I've ever been to, really nice experience! Good facilities, awesome atmosphere and friendly staff. Additionally, the city is wonderful.

good location, WC is very clean, the room was good, but the door was creaking very loudly

Wonderful environment... You've got to stay here when you come to Bruges. Loads of activities sponsored by the hostel so it's very easy to meet people.

Loved the atmosphere here and the people were awesome. The pub crawl group the night I went celebrated my birthday and made a lot of great friends.

• 28th Apr 2014

There's no elevator so watch out if you're on the thrid floor with a big suit case! Hopefully, a member of the staff helped me!

This was a good hostel. The staff were nice and helpful, the breakfast was pretty good and the bar next door was really cool. But the rooms and bathrooms were fairly dirty and broken doors everywhere. It was an alright stay for 2 nights but i wouldn't stay any longer than that.