St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

I would recommend the new pod beds, they are way nicer and the facilities in the newer building are much nice. The old beds are situates weird and you have to go through a public bathroom to get to your room and it smelled weird and was not the cleanest. The second night I asked for the other rooms and it was great after that. Not too far from town, a little bit of a walk to get there from the station, but not bad on the bus.

• 5th Apr 2015

I loved this place. Adorable rooms, plenty of space. Wonderfully decorated. Wonderful food. Great staff!

• 5th Apr 2015

Had everything a hostel needed. Excellent bar and included breakfast as well. It's quite a walk from the station but still in a good place in the city. One bad thing was no wifi in the rooms but the lounge and bar wasn't far to walk if we needed it. Overall a good hostel and made some good friends there.

No hot water in my room. The bathroom is a little bit crowded.

Great place to stay in a great city! Fab hostel, lively and friendly. Left bags safely in the safe room all day long and were waiting when we got back. More variety at breakfast would be nice, but still a bonus to get free breakfast! 😊 Fantastic time.

Amazing time had. Walking tours and pubcrawls organised from hostel, staff very helpful with things to do, free maps. Free breakfast. Rooms are basic but comfy, full sized lockers, only one electric point in my room for 6 beds though. Great atmosphere in common areas and easy to meet people as a solo traveller. About a 30 minute walk to main square (but the walk is beautiful!) lovely city,quiet and picturesque but definitely a secret party scene going on behind closed doors! Beer is amazing too!

Biggest complaint is that it's not close to town. I mean, 10-15 min walk, but the city itselF is so small already. Close to the windmills. 30-40 min walk to train station. Breakfast was average: corn flakes, bread, drinks. Wifi only works in lobby. Staff never at the desk it seemed. Comfortable beds and mostly warm showers.

It's just the cheapest Hostel, it's not the best, maybe the better option, but so full of people and not good place for a good sleeping. And on the last, they still ask some money for donation, what i find very uncomfortable, as we even don't know if they would pass it forward.

Great hostel! Has a hostel bar which creates a great atmosphere and great staff. The hostel it's self could do with a good clean but was a good place to stay especially as a solo traveller

What really bothered me was that the place was rather dirty. I have not seen any clean toilets. Showers didnt look too good either, and the floors could use some vacuuming. Also the tables in the cafe were a bit messy. I really missed having a plug or reading lamp anywhere near my bed. The toilets dont have a sink to wash your hands, instead I had to go to a different floor. The cafe downstairs is nice though, comfy seats and nice, cheap beers. All in all bit pricy for what you get.

Good hostel overall. Facilities were clean and the dormitories were nice. However, upon arrival we were hit with a "hidden city tax" that we had to pay in order to get the room. They should include this "tax" DIRECTLY in the advertised rate here and not give you that surprise upon arrival, because that's not honest.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The room felt dirty and the bathroom was below expectation

Great hostel, good bar. Made some friends at the beer tasting, and they have a few more activities. Walking distance from Markt and Burg. The bed is nice and spacious (most comfortable I've been in on my trip) with a curtain and locker underneath. Friendly staff and good bar atmosphere, though it might not be great to have a room right above the bar. Luckily I had a room in the building next door. Great stay overall, definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Bruges!

It's a bit far from the train station (30 mins walk), but it's near to the main square in the city center. Except the weak wifi in the room, everything in the hostel Is fine and the price is reasonable as well !

Very nice place, i would stay again

I liked the hostel, it was very nice and clean. The staff members were very friendly but the bartender charged us 40 cents more than the price in the menu (maybe there was some tax, or the menu was not updated idk). My bed was very comfortable and the room was clean, there was also a sink and lockers in the room but u have to bring your locker (or buy one at the front desk). I really liked the bar the design is awesome with the clocks and how everything is set up. And the breakfast was nice.

Loved the pod style beds that come with their own charger points, light and privacy curtains. And the showers were an absolute joy, hot and clean and spacious. Would stay here again

It is a really nice place to stay! Super friendly staff and great atmosphere! The only drawback is that the toillets are not so clean!

St Christophers was an average hostel. It didn't feel very clean and we had to go through the restaurants bathroom to get to our room.

Awesome bar downstairs to try a heap of Belgian beers. Can walk to the main squares in a few minutes. No wifi in the bedrooms is a bit of a nuisance.

Hi! Thanks for your time! Beer is the strongest side of Belgium and we are happy that you enjoyed our fine selection! We look forward to improve WI-FI everywhere. Near future we will be able to show you our improvements! Safe travels!