St Christopher's Inn - Bauhaus Hostel Reviews

135-137 Langestraat, 8000 Bruges (Brugge), Bruges, Belgium

Myself and 3 friends stayed here in a private 4 bed with our own bathroom. The room wasn't the cleanest. One of my friend's bedsheets had what appeared to be a bloodstain on it. I never have the highest expectations for a hostel in comparison to a hotel but I still prefer the place to be cleaned. The location was within walking distance to the main square of the small city, which is convenient. WiFi was only available in the lobby, and not in the room. I will say that the bar is pretty nice for

The perfect place to stay in Brugge, a short walk from the two squares, but that isn't a problem when the town looks as gorgeous as it is. The planned nights out are amazing! They are run by Kai who is an amazing dude. Highly recommend this hostel.

brilliant staff were very helpful and happy to assist with bookings etc of site.. when i had problems with my secruity key, staff walked me to the door to make sure the new one was working before they left. breakfast was awesome, rice crackers for people who are gluten free would be awesome, brought my own. excellent experience ended up staying extra night due to it, staff didnt know re discount voucher i was sent, which was a surprize, luckly i had proof

Bathroom stunk. Water leaking from cealing. Only bad things I could think of. Everything else was spot on. Best environment for a hostel I've had yet!

Awesome fun hostel. I stayed in a superior room which was fantastic, with power points at each bed and curtains for privacy. Great events on at the hostel such as walking tour, beer tasting and pub crawl make this a great place for solo travellers to meet new people.

The best place in Bruges to stay.

• 12th May 2014

Great party hostel, with awesome pod beds. Bathrooms are big and generally very clean. It was my first hostel experience and it was really great. Also their beer is quite cheap so don't skip a chance to taste great local beers! Location is a bit out of town but its okay since you can cross Bruges in like 30 mins max. I would definitely go back, I had a great time.

Good place and extremely cheap in regard to the overall quality of the place. No wifi in the rooms though, only at the bar. It's a way to keep us there and drink their beer, which is not so bad anyway.

Amazing place to stay the night and to meet new people. The environment is amazing.

I just had a worksite bathroom put in the corner of my room. The sink clogged, and the shower was a push button one. So you push the button to get a few seconds of water at a set temperature. Not good. Apart from that the room felt really clean and basic. Wifi in the room would have been good. It had a pub as a common area, where there was wifi which was ok. The common area had a nice feel, especially if you like drinking.

• 10th May 2014

Hi, thank you for your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere downstairs! We apologize again that we had to access your room to fixed our showers during your stay. See you next time, safe travels!

Guide from train station to the hostel can be further improve. Bed was good except for having a 'flat' pillow. New and clean toilet and nice breakfast. Late breakfast crowd can run out of seats. Still a good hostel to live in.

Hi there! I'm happy you had a nice time at the Bauhaus. The way to our hostel is really easy. Just take bus nr 6 or 16 from the train station and in 10 minutes you are on place! Bus driver is always helpful as well :) But by the way thank you for the information about it. I will look on it right now. Safe travels!

Loved the atmosphere of the bar and how we were located right above it. The free breakfast was AMAZING, thank you. The only thing is I wish there was wifi in the rooms. However, making us come down to the common room to use the wifi forced us to be social, which is good :) Very clean and safe, thanks!

Really friendly hostel, fine for solo travellers with big common room/ bar area. Beds were very good, enough showers and loos to go around and a decent breakfast- bit of a trek from the station but not too far from the centre :)

the games are awesome, the atmosphere is awesome, it is within walking distance of the mail city center but it is so good.

Very fun and well located hostel. They offered great details of what to see and what to do including discounts at the pub.

This hostel is in an amazing location and there is a great vibe in the bar/reception area with a mix of locals and travellers. The bar and reception area seemed to be always busy, mainly due to the fact that wifi is only available there. I was in a 6 bed female only dorm which had basic facilities, including only 4 working power points. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and met some wonderful people. I will definitely recommend this hostel!

Showers had used pads, used condoms, and hair everywhere. Staff, when asked, said the cleaning people would 'get to it'. Hot water only sometimes in the shower, and water all over the floor in the hallway because staff couldn't be bothered to put up buckets for the leaky roof. Not cool! Our room was clean at least, though the door was wide open sometimes. Breakfast was decent, and the pizza from the bar was delicious. Sweet atmosphere in the common area. Work needs to be done!

Hi! Our hostel is located in the historical part of the city and our building is historical treasure as well. That's way we can't fix some things by our-self. But the professional plumbers work at the hostel right now and all work should be done really quickly! Feel free to come again and check it out! Thank you for your comment and I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere! And of course I want to apologize for all inconvenience! Safe travels!

Bauhaus it's a good place2stay, seems like an historic hostel now under the brand of St Christophers, which assures quality, rooms OK but there are soo many of them you can get lost easily, common areas and bar OK, staff is nice and friendly, breakfast is all right with bread juice milk, pate and philadelphia cheese, nutella. Location is ok but not prime, you have to walk a little bit to reach city center. Close to city gates and cool windmills. Would stay again here, good value for money!!

Good atmosphere. Some of the staff were so so nice. The guy making the 5 euro pizzas was a bit angry, and it takes ages to get them. Would stay here again though. The bar downstairs is an awesome place to hang out.

Thank you for your opinion about our staff! We trying our the best! I' pretty sure that the bartender wasn't angry! Probably he was busy but the issue will be raised internally! Sorry for that and hopefully next time he will have more time to talk with you :) thank you and take care! see you at the Bauhaus!

for students and young people

Thank you for your opinion! Many different people stay with us and we are glad that everybody can find something nice for themselfs as you! Thanks and safe travels!