Stary Pivovar Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Plzenska 229/9, Prague, Czech Republic

The girl at the front desk seemed like she did not know what she was doing, especially when she collected our money. We really could have given her less money (we did not) and she wouldn't have known. I think it was due to the language barrier (her English was not great).

The reason I hated this Hoatel was because its just one big room: no separation between the bedroom area and the livingroom area. So if you can't go to bed until all 11 of your roommates decide to stop drinking and go to bed. This could be at any time - THERE ARE NO QUIET HOURS! And since the hostel is literally in the middle of nowhere, on the side of a highway with woods on both sides the other guests have nowhere else to go.

I chose to stay here for my last night in Prague because it's close to the airport; however, it's not easy to actually get to the airport from here. Staff gave me 2 different sets of directions, neither of which were very clear, and both different than google's directions. Also both staff said it was difficult to use public transport to reach the airport from here but neither offered to call or help with getting a cab. Guy working at the restaurant was very nice. Facilities were fine.

Its really a hotel with one 10 bed dorm. Mind you the hotel is really nice and the dorm is great. 15 min tram to centre of city, plus night bus. Would reccommend no problem.