Stolas Hostel Reviews

Av 14, Calle 35, San Jose, Costa Rica

The hostel is located in an upmarket area. It is surrounding by smart villas and fancy houses. The hostel is well worth its money. The staff, especially Andre is amazingly patient and helpful with the guests. I would definitely stay here again if I visited San Jose.

hostal stola was awesome! super clean, pricy, pretty, nice quite location and great stuff. I really enjoyed my stay at stolas and hope to come back there someday.

Helpful and friendly staff. Even offered me a beer for writing a review of them, though Hostelworld wouldn't let me until 2 days after I left. Nice neighborhood, close to a supermarket and bus stop that goes right into town. A little hard to get to, but that's honestly probably for the better considering the location. Fully stocked kitchen which was nice. Hard to find those in hostels.

Great Hostel, perfect home from home. The owners know there stuff, know how to party and know their customers needs... all of this together creates a great vibe in the hostel. Not in the centre but that just adds to its charm, stayed once and went back for a nice warm welcome after travelling the beautiful country.

There's a good reason why this place is rated number 1 on tripadvisor. Awesome staff make you feel like you are staying with friends and this place is so small you feel like you're at home. In a safe location in an upmarket residential area just outside downtown, but with all the amenities you'd need. I can only recommend this place!

Great hostel, and the guys were so helpful to myself John and girlfriend Sarah. Even dropping us up to the bus station in their car. So friendly and helpful!!

• 17th Nov 2012

We were only staying one night as we were flying the next day but would happily of stayed longer, everything is clean and new, the beds are really comfortable, great facilities and staff couldn't be more helpful.

• 8th Oct 2012