Suneta Hostel Khaosan Reviews

209-211 Thanon Kraisi, Pranakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

Great hostel, very sociable. Great location, close to Koh San Road. The cabins were quite noisy - the thin walls didn't block out the street noise. But overall a great hostel.

We signed up for a private room and were placed in a dorm room with a stranger. For a lesser price, we got a cleaner, private room and bathroom at a much nicer hostel in the Northeast block of the city. Still perplexing.

great place to stay in bagkok. staff is very helpful!

amazing location and cabin dorms.

Great hostel. Lacation and staff very nice. Recomend it 100% The superior dorm has really cool '"ndividual" spaces for sleeping.

Its a clean and confortable place in a great location. Staff is very friendly unless for the fact they sold me a shuttle to the airport for double the price it was sold in al Khao San Road ( I felt scamed). Bathrooms are clean however pretty small for all the people that is living over there

After traveling south east Asia for two months, this hostel was my final stop and it was one of the best hostels I stayed at. The staff were so helpful and friendly, the free breakfast was great, the hostel was in a perfect location with good security, and the place was really nice and clean. Couldn't have asked for a better stay.

Very good hostel in a good location. Perfect for khoasan road as it is just a few minutes round the corner which means its obviously a lot more quiet than the hostels based on khaosan road. Guests and workers all very friendly and just a great place overall.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The staff in reception was great at all times. The hostel was very clean and location is excellent, only 2min walking from Khaosan Road!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Spain

When I was back in Bangkok I went straight to back to Suneta for my second stay. Suneta is one of the best hostels I have stayed in, after over a year on the road. The facility, location, security, and cleanliness and exemplary. Excellent wifi from my dorm bed, air-con, hot water, etc. etc. - everything and more is there. The staff were exceedingly cheerful, helpful, thoughtful, and just plain cool. Not a party place but quite social in the common area. My fav. place to date. Top Recommendation.

We stayed in Bangkok for 3 nights and being the first time we were advised to stay around khao San road if we wanted to stay close to the night life. Sunetas location is perfect because you are minutes walking from Khaosan road so you can enjoy yourself and then walk away from the madness and rest if you want to.Staff was extremely friendly, room was very basic but if you just need a bed and shower this place will suit you fine. Good common area if you want to have a couple of beers.Overall good

great hostel. you will not regret

great hostel in a great location... the included breakfast is simply but it is ok for starting your day..

Only black point is that the hostel is a bit hard to find with the address if you don't know already the area. Because the cab don't know the street of the hostel and there is no GPS, they'll just drop you on KhaoSan St and you have to find it.

The free breakfast is simple but great!

Great place to stay. Not to close to Khoasan Rd. But under 2 min walk and under 10 to the express ferries. The receptionist was fantastic with tips and less touristy places for a massage and other things to do. Beds were a little hard but the cabin/dorm arrangement is good idea. And lockable which is nice. Definitely value for money and would recommend this to anyone.

Great staff. Location is excellent, very near to tourists attractions.

I stayed in the female dorm however I think the cabin dorms are the better option. Although you do have some storage room it is cramped. All air conditioned which was essential for Bangkok. Bathrooms were good and clean. Common area was good and breakfast was basic but good and well received! The staff were very welcoming apart from one guy who worked overnight, clearly because he had no social skills. The shuttle bus arrived 15 minutes late but still got us there on time!

Being my first stay at a hostel, I had a few doubts about cleanliness and security. However, Suneta absolutely blew me away. The staff were fantastic and very helpful (I had to print off some Visa documents and they were very helpful!) and the hostel was as clean as a whistle. I'd go as far as to say that the facilities were cleaner than a lot of hotels I've stayed at in the past. The atmosphere was brilliant, and the location above all was brilliant. Just a few mins from the Khaosan road.

I stayed here during the songkran water festival and it was perfect! It's right by khao San road, but far enough away to have a good nights sleep. It was nice to have a place to get away from the craziness at night. The staff were very friendly, and I love the lobby/breakfast area. It was a nice hangout area, an a perfect place to chat and meet fellow travelers. The free breakfast was simple, but good, and security was great. Will definitely return!

• 12th Apr 2014