Sunset Guest House Reviews

Market 1 Block East, 2.5 Blocks South, San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua

Sunset Guest house was awesome! David and Dania were super friendly and welcoming. My two brothers and I stayed in their triple room and were quite comfortable. The location and price are impossible to beat. It feels a bit more like a homestay than a hostel, but that's part of why I liked it so much! Their house was clean and comfortable, and close to everything in town and close to the beach. I would absolutely stay there again if and when I go back to San Juan Del Sur!

A nice little homestay with a local family, not somewhere to party

Although not in the heart of the touristy area of San Juan (meaning it was 5 blocks away), the atmosphere of Sunset was very pleasant. Facilities are basic - shower (no hot water), toilet, and a small kitchen area. There is no air conditioning but they provide fans for each bed. I would highly recommend for the low-maintenance traveler that wants an authentic Nicaraguan experience staying with a family.

• 20th May 2014