Sunshine Bedz KL Reviews

65 B, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good hostel, nice atmosphere, facilities are very tidy

The beds looked really comfortable but I wouldn't know. I spent most my nights at sunshine on the reception floor witch was also a very good nights sleep. If you take a shower make sure to press the button not turn the shower tap or it will not work,Or you can just use the tap this is also very effective. But all an all great place close to every thing you need with great people. Just watch out for that kiwi Steve guy he can be dangerous

Pro: 1. Excellent Staff: Great customer service. Steve, Tracy, and Felisha were insightful and willing to assist guest whenever possible. Enjoyed the conversations, laughs, and selfies. 2. Comfy Beds: I stayed in a 6-bed mixed(deluxe). The beds were comfortable with 2 outlets per bed. Lockers in every room. Con: 1. In the 6-bed mixed(deluxe), you are facing a major street & hear traffic ALL NIGHT LONG. I'd recommend trying one of REGULAR 6-bed mixed room. They seem to face away.

Very friendly personell, good location. When I come back to KL will stay there again!

Sunshine Bedz was a good place to spend a few days. I liked that they had two powerpoints for every bed and a light too. I liked that I was able to use my own padlock on the locker. Good WiFi. Very good location. Would like to see a PowerPoint added by the mirror in the bathroom though, I had to heat up my straightener in the room before I took it to the bathroom. Otherwise very good. Note: no one in the dorms sleeps before midnight. So if you're not a night owl go for a private room.

• 20th Oct 2014

Didn't really enjoy this place. Felt cramped and dark. Nothing nice but it's close to all the good shopping. Next time I'm in KL I'll stay at a different hostel. You should too.

• 18th Oct 2014

Only stayed for 1 night , was very clean however didn't really feel that people were very friendly. It was quite hard to meet people due to the layout of the common room. and people just seemed to keep to themselves. Didn't like that the female dorm was right next to the common room and you had to walk through it to get to the bathroom. Staff were not too friendly. However good location.

The staff was very helpfull, the location is the heart of bukit bintang but they are on a second flor which is good for the noise (you don't hear a thing) but you have to carry your bags and if they are heavy with hot weather even at night and high levels of humidity you arrive like you've just showered. They have a no shoes policy which its interesting but they must open an exception for flip flops in showers. The entrance of the hostel smells like cheese since you have so many shoes there.

Nice little hostel. friendly staff, good showers, clean beds. Great if you want a quiet night to get some rest. look elsewhere if your after a more lively evening.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Wales

nice clean comfy beds, bedrooms are a little small though and lack space but not a big problem. polite and helpful staff. very close to the metro withing 2 minutes. great location and good bathroom facilities. wifi is good too!

Nice staff :) (yep I'm talking about you Tracy) I loved my stay at Sunshine.

• 11th Oct 2014

Location is good.But due to construction of Mass Rapid Transport system round the clock.It could cause some disturbances. Staff are mostly helpful.Atmosphere among tenants are good and discipline. The only shortcoming of my short stay during KL marathon was the air conditioner seemed not function well .I hardly have 2 hrs sleep..This was the first bad experience staying in backpacker dorm . Lastly I booked a 6 bed mix dorm,the hostel just assigned me to 4 bed mix without explanation..

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Not a bad word to say about this place, very well run!

It´s my third or fourth time there over the last years, so what else to say... I found some new faces among the staff, but as friendly as always. Clean place, well located at the very commercial heart ok KL (2 minutes to Bukit Bintang Monorrail), comfortable beds and lots of money exchange nearby. Just a 5 minute walk, there´s a great street with lots of budget restaurants. As I had a late flight, they let me store my backpack in one of their lockers for free. A great hostel.

The room that I had was a four bed dormitory for females. It was rather cramp with hardly any space to move at all. If you had gotten the top bunk, you will have to watch out for the ceiling as is rather low. The cleanliness was rather good, but the staffs were very unprofessional as they would flirt with the girls. Besides that, there are no keys to room that you are sleeping in. There are no rules on the noise level, as people could be outside your room talking all night.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

This hostel has a fantastic location, near to monorail and bus links, near restaurants and the night life without being too noisy. I arrived late in the evening and there was a group of people about to go out, the manager and a few of the others asked me to come out too. Very inviting.. I really liked this place, nice vibe, nice people, friendly and clean. Dorms were spacious. My only annoyance was when they turn off the aircon at 11:30, and lights, just to make sure you were out by 12!

Nothing wrong with this hostel. Located close to a monorail and not far from the majority of the cities main sights. We mainly kept to ourselves in the hostel but could tell there was a welcoming atmosphere for people who wanted to be sociable.

Awesome staff that help us have a great stay in the hostel

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

I only stayed her for the one night. The staff was great. I didn't have a chance to use the kitchen or anything, but the fridge was a bit small. The showers had hot water and decent water pressure. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm. The beds were really comfortable and the lockers were large. It was really tricky to find, but once you found it, it was easy to make your way around to local restaurants and shops and come back. Wifi was not great and could not be accessed at all in rooms.

Locations great, staff friendly, beds are comfortable. Is an old hostel and doesnt really have any amenities. I booked based on peoples reviews and was pretty disappointed but thats not the hostels fault. Probably wouldn't stay again but thats because I prefer somewhere more modern.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7