Sunshine Bedz KL Reviews

65 B, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great location close to restaurants, bars, malls, monorail station. Walkable distance to Puduraya bus station. Stayed in the deluxe dorm that has aircon, yet price was the same as in standard dorm! Good spacious lockers. Unisex toilet/shower facilities. Free breakfast, but very simple. Plugs next to beds but few in common area. Wifi interrupting, and limited signal in dorm.

Good place, nice staff, friendly people, very clean. everything good

Everything good, staff were friendly & helpful. I really enjoy everything during my stay there. Thanks

Not so bad for location, but the Internet was not so reliable. The staff was helpful and is basically in the middle of everything.

I stayed there for a short vacation with my friends, my intention to stay there was to enjoy the hostel ambiance and meet some new friends, and i did it!! The hostel is located at a very strategic position, close to everything i need. The staffs are really helpful during my stay and they are very kind! :) I love their room preference, where they provide some private room then my friends can feel comfortable to stay there. I'm sure i will come back to stay next time!

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Your comments are what we love to hear! We hope you stay with us next time you visit Kuala Lumpur. You’re always welcome back here and let your friends know where we are. Happy travels ~ Sunshine Bedz Team~

The owner and his staff are very nice and friendly, they make a good effort to keep you welcome and to meet other people in the hostel. The place has a very good common area and the toilets are very good.

Cheers for rating us so highly! It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay at Sunshine Bedz Kuala Lumpur. Have fun on the rest of your travels! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team~

Really good hostel, great staff and a fantastic location. Will stay here again if I'm back in KL. I've stayed in reggae mansion before in KL, I like there as well. That feels more like a hotel and this feels like a real backpackers, just like it should.

Really nice hostel, clean, secure(lockers in rooms - bring your own lock), nice central common room. The vibe was relaxed friendly and sociable travelers. The hostel was quiet but friendly. Also the advice on what todo in the city was good. The Wednesday night visit to the skybar opposite the petronas towers was well organise and a nice event to meet up with lots of people from the hostel.

• 13th Oct 2015

There are great lockers! Just no locks on the doors to the dorm, which is normal. So actually this is a great hostel - right near public transport and Jalan Alor! Coconuts for dayzz! Also they let us hire lockers and lock our bags there when we went off for a few days/nights. I think it was around RM10 to hire a locker when we weren't staying there, it was so handy! Thanks guys

Very quiet even when busy. Spacious rooms. Air con wasn't working but we were upgraded for free and they fixed it straight away. Free coffee/tea. Very friendly staff. Great location. 5 min walk from various shopping malls and 15min walk to the Petrona Towers. 1min walk from the monorail. Perfect.

Thank you for your kind review. It was great meeting you and we really enjoyed having you stay with us. Take care. ~ Sunshine Bedz Team~

The place is convenient, just above Mc D and a couple of meters away from KFc and changkat street. Its just by the bus station where you can get free Go KL buses to see the city. The staff is amazing and they speak very good English and very helpful. Besides the Internet misbehaving at night. The place is amazing I'll definitely go back.

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

This place was actually pretty great, we ended up staying here again when we returned to KL. The rooms were pretty basic and you were attacked by mosquitoes if you stayed at the back of the hostel but the air con was amazing and the showers and toilets were super clean. I saw them being cleaned at least a few times throughout the day. It is really central to all the places you would need to or want to go, most of which are in walking distance or the monorail is just across the road.

Very clean and helpful staff. Great location. Would highly recommend staying here.

Should have a laundry service (which guests can pay to use)

Unsure why this hostel has such high ratings and recommendations I completely regret staying here and would advise other travelers to avoid as there are plenty of other safer and cleaner hostels in KL with friendlier staff. From the moment I stepped inside Sunshine Bedz I felt as though I was a burden to staff. The man behind the counter did not welcome me but instead proceeded to explain all the things I could not do in the hostel. The rooms have no keys so anyone can walk into any rooms. AVOID

We apologise for not living up to your expectations. We will improve our check in procedures. Please note we have 1) A No food and drink policy (except drinking water) 2) No smoking in the room. 3) Strict No Drugs policy. All our dorms have large steel lockers and you are advised to use your own padlocks. Our entrance is electronically controlled by our staff. We are staffed 24/7. We wish you the best.

Great location in KL and awesome staff.

Everything is perfect. If something to improve is the one control for both light and vacuum in the private room. In fact when you have air-con you don’t need the vacuum. The room is still warm even though the air-con is turned to coldest. Why? Because the vacuum sucks out the cool air! When you turn off the vacuum the light goes off too. Please have separate control for the light if you must have the vacuum. Thanks.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Brunei

Only bad thing I can comment about is that you do have a mosquitos always flying around because the back end of the hostel is open. Other then that.. a fantastic hostel.

Security is not as tight as anyone can get in from the main entrance. Location is completely central, close to everything you'd need in the city centre. Staff - Sonya and Fizz (were crazy helpful and friendly) - apologies if recall name wrongly here! Atmosphere - the place to meet people. Very clean (hard to see for some I believe due to the place doesn't look sparkling new). Value for $ - 5/5. Facilities - not giving 10/10, only cos I been to some hostel in Taipei with crazy facilities.

It is good location and near monorail,going to airport it might be 1 hour only by using monorail and Airport EKexpress... The bed and shower place is very clean,and also near KLCC, next time will choose again!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels