Sunshine Bedz KL Reviews

65 B, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. They gave us many tips like where to go and what we can do. Location is really good and easy to find. They just do not have laundry facility so it was shame but all good!

Great hostel. No complaints. A little pricey unless you get the weekend promotion but my girlfriend and I enjoyed the staying in the basic dorm.

• 24th Aug 2014

I had a fabulous stay. Thank you.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Slovakia

Well I love this hostel! They just need living room and some couch and this hostel gonna be awesome!

i love their female dorm. Quite spacious, has locker and there is a clothes hunger in the corner of the room. The location is superb, you can just go anywhere from this place

Excellent location, easy to find and if not for the inconvenience of the construction of the new MRT line, I would have loved it more. Clean and the breakfast, as the reception put it, is to jumpstart your day. Starbucks and Killiney is a few steps away from the front door. Smaller restos are all just a block or two away. However since it's Bukit Bintang, expect all sorts of entertainment outside.

The place was in a great location in Bukit Bintang. It is really clean. The staff were helpful, but not always super knowledgeable. The common area is a bit institutional, so not the best for meeting people, but if you already have travel buddies, this is a good home base.

Great place, so nice people and wonderful staff, knows everything and very persistent to help you with going around in kl and the rest of Malaysia! Stay here, so good!

Great location, it's in the center of downtown and near the metro station. But the hostel itself is a little bit shabby, with very narrow stair and crowded room. Moreover, the power went off at night when I was in the shower, which was pretty horrifying.

Awesome location ! Nice atmosphere. I liked the 2 guitars available to everyone. Partied like hell by night (missed a 11am flight the next day...) The dorm bed (in C1) came with 2 plugs, a reading lamp and a big locker and more lockers in the main lobby still a locking system on the dorm door could be a good idea (a digicode to avoid the lost key problem) Clean (no-shoes policy) but it smells at the entrance... Toasts and jam breakfast was just ok but a fridge is available for your own food.

The location is very good-right at Bukit Bintang and across from the Monorail, 100m from the free KL busses, around the corner from Jalan Alor food street, and a few spots away from McDs if you need to grab some early breakfast before heading out to the airport!! The workers are knowledgeable and friendly, no matter what time of day. There are plenty of toilets and showers so even if there is a wait for any of the facilities, you don't have to wait long. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Had a really good time here and met awesome people! And thanks to Patrick who always made me laugh with his little jokes. If u are travelling alone this is the perfect place to stay and if u wanna be alone dont come here, too many great people and activities to chill and relax!

• 18th Aug 2014

This was a perfectly ok hostel. Nothing bad about it, nothing amazing about it either. Beds were comfy and the rooms have AC. Powerful showers and clean bathrooms as well. The area is good for exploring the rest of the city, as you have a bus stop for the free bus service very near by. The staff were helpful, and gave me useful information when I asked for it. Overall, a perfectly pleasant stay. Would stay here again.

A great location and well priced too. Only thing is that our room (6 bed dorm) was like a sauna because the air con was not working properly so I couldn't sleep at all. Showers and toilets were clean and had good pressure on the water. I would recommend it to others.

Okay hostel. Doesn't feel secure- lots of people in and out, front entrance constantly opened, no keys for dorm doors. Staff are cold, slow and not very helpful. One of them just seems to walk around with his shirt off asking people whether they like ladyboys. Also not very clean, internet poor, air con weak and no drinking water. On the plus side has a good party hostel vibe, cheap and great location, but I won't be staying here again.

Thank you for staying with us. We wish to note that our front door is controlled by our staff. All our dorms also have steel lockers for your use and secured by your own padlock. We apologize if our staff did not meet your expectations and shall motivate them to do better. We do have a vending machine with water. All our ac have remote controls and the temp is normally controlled by guest in the rooms. Hope your stay here will not affect your view of Kuala Lumpur.

I personally liked the place. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There should be a person employed to carry the baggages of the clients. Clients can pay that person if they want to take that service.We were on the 3rd floor of the building and i had to carry all the baggages by my self to the 3rd floor. it was terrible for me. Other than that every thing was good.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Sri Lanka

The hostel had a great atmosphere - lots of areas to socialise which is great for solo travellers! And the staff are great - the Slovakian couple were just perfect, so knowledgeable and kind! Thank you guys!

Great hostel, good location and helpful staff.

Thank you very much for your kind review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and in KL. We look forward to seeing you here again soon! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team ~

Loved this hostel! awesome Location and i met the nicest people here! would love to go back, 100% recommondation!

• 13th Aug 2014

I read reviews in hostel world and booked this hostel. The facilities , location of the hostel , attitude of the staff , etc were simply superb. The rooms were well kept. Breakfast was really good. And we were guided on our way to different attractions.I would say one can enjoy your stay in Kuala Lumpur if you stay in this hostel. For foodies, Jalan Alor is just behind this hostel. Hence you can enjoy a late night's dinner and walk back to hostel.

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We're glad to hear that you had such a great time staying with us. Please remember to pass our name on to your friends and other people you meet while traveling. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to KL! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team ~

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels