Sunshine Bedz KL Reviews

65 B, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

As always a pleasure to stay in this guesthouse when I can't book in Istana! The employees are soooooo nice and helpful! Always with the smile!

Thank you so much for your kind review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us and that you found our staff to be helpful. We always appreciate to hear such positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team ~

Friendly and helpful, and walkable distance to the towers and many other sites

I had a great stay and met tons of nice people at your hostel. I really enjoyed my stay, and you are my prefered hostel in Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you so much for your encouraging review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please mention our name to your friends and hopefully we can welcome you back here again soon! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team ~

I've stayed at Sunshine Bedz on several occasions and I always enjoy my stay. Will be coming back for sure. Great atmosphere for meeting other travelers and the staff is great. Felicia, Peter, Viera, and Ally are really friendly and helpful!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Good location, friendly staff, good common areas for backpackers to meet each other and make plans. Great accessibility to both a great "food street" as well as the nearby "bar street" so you'll have all options. Facilities clean, easy to access and get around, very close to metro station. Affordable and recommended. Front desk staff was incredibly helpful w/ logistics and planning - very friendly and professional. Great place for backpackers and short term travelers!

The place was alot more cramped than I expected, and the whole taking off your shoes thing kinda sucked because the shoe area just smelled awful. However, the A/C did work properly and my room was relatively quiet, although the blankets and towels left much to be desired. For one night it wasn't a big deal, but I don't think I'll be coming back here for extended stays.

Great staff, great location, great atmosphere! Thumbs up!

• 21st Jul 2014

I had a great stay at Sunshine Bedz, the staffs were very friendly and conscious of creating a friendly and comfortable atmosphere around the hostel. The beds are a bit old, it is scary to climb up sometimes but overall, the facilities are good. It is pretty hard to find (be prepared), but the hostel is very well located, there are 3 free lines bus running by (the GOKL) and a whole street of restaurants with reasonable price.

Nice place, cheerful staff. Rooms are unlocked so you do need a padlock to keep your stuff in the lockers, but you can buy one there.

Clean hostel in an excellent location in the centre of Bukit Bintang

Thank you for your kind review.

Really close to a monorail st, food area, and walking distance to the twin towers. During my stay, I saw different types of travelers; a solo, a group, or a family with young children. I got a bed next to the common area and it was really noisy at night hearing people talked so loudly, but I think the situation can be really different depending on who the other guests are.

This was my second stay in this hostel. I have enjoyed my stay here along with few other friends. Very friendly hostel with wonderful location. Just a walk away to twin towers, KL tower and to many other attractions. It's lot better than what it was three years ago when I was in KL. Enjoyed GoKL free city bus with WiFi. Eat and happening street "Jalan Alor" is lane behind the hostel. All in all, it's a great hostel, clean and comfortable. Will stay here again if ever I am in KL. Loved it again..

The location was perfect, but don't search the address in Google maps, you will end up walking a few kilometres too far! Being right next to a train station was super handy and especially near the walk to the Petronas Towers, It made getting lost difficult! Security wasn't really there, there are no keys into the dorms meaning anything you didn't lock up is available for anyone. All in all though a really great hostel and I will definitely be staying there again next time!

Simply one of the best hostels I've ever been. Friendly staff, especially the owner Patrick, cheap beer and it's easy to meet new friends. The facilities are modern and clean, you never have to wait for a shower. The place is close to the Petronas Towers (5 to10 min walk). Streetfood, McDonalds, Burger King and Starbucks are very close.

Thank you for your very encouraging review. We are happy to have met you and look forward to your return. cheers

Guests should be given keys to their rooms. There should be larger cooking area for residents to prepare simple meals.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

I stayed at Sunshine Bedz for 5 nights and had a great experience there. The staff and management are very friendly and actually take the time to get to know you as an individual. The hostel is very clean and well maintained including dorm rooms and bathrooms. The hostel is situated in a fantastic location. The monorail system is just a couple minutes walk from the hostel making it easy to travel anywhere in the city. Highly recommend staying here.

Great hostel, perhaps a little bit overpriced for what it is. Staff were mostly friendly but not overly helpful or anything.

all in all i really loved that hostel!! good location! super clean! safe! comfortable beds! the only thing i wasn't that happy about were the people who worked there. sometimes i found them friendly and helpful and sometimes i had the feeling they were more interested to have fun for themselves then taking care of the guests. if i should be back in KL i definitely stay at sunshine bedz again!!

I loved this place! It has a very homely feel to it, everyone get together and chill out, play some music, talk together and have a few beers before going out in a group to the partying around if we like.. I absolutely ENJOYED my stay here..some of the best experiences I've ever had. Got a bit noisy at night being next to the big street with cars going by all night, but overall nothing to complain about.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • India

Sunshine Bedz isn't a great hostel, but it gets the basics right. Comfortable beds with individual reading lights and locker (byo padlock). Air con is effective. Breakfast is basic toast and jam with instant coffee. Plenty of food vendors downstairs. Its biggest strength is that it is very social and a good place to meet other travelers. Always heavily booked, so reserve for your whole stay, or you may need to move somewhere else.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels