Sunshine Bedz KL Reviews

65 B, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Had a great time staying here! Staff was fantastic and very helpful. You could always find someone around the common area to talk to or hang out with. Common area was very warm, but had fans that helped. Rooms had AC and beds were good. Right next to all kinds of shopping, food, bars, etc. Free tea and coffee. WiFi was pretty good. I never had any problems.My only complaint was that there was construction right outside my room and it made it really hard to get to sleep.

First time in a hostel for me and as soon as I walked in, everyone was so friendly I felt at ease straight away! I unfortunately could only stay one night but will definitely return, hopefully sooner rather than later. Awesome location, right near Jalan Alor and super clean room and good facilitities. Thanks guys :)

This is my home away from home in KL, Patrick and his team always welcome me with open arms and plenty of cheek !! Fresh towels are always available for long stayers , hot drinks always on tap ! The showers and toilets are super clean, universal plugs and reading lamps in the bunks. The hostel is staffed 24hrs and help and advice readily dispensed. Thanks again Patrick, hope you had a great trip to London.

Very friendly personell, good location. When I come back to KL will stay there again!

As i was told by freinds to go there i also found it was great, and its not hard to find as sombody wrote all you need to do is to go on the monorail to the correct station and look for Mcdonalds and its practicley next door,well done Sunshine Bedz Regards Colin M

• 20th Oct 2014

Sunshine Bedz was a good place to spend a few days. I liked that they had two powerpoints for every bed and a light too. I liked that I was able to use my own padlock on the locker. Good WiFi. Very good location. Would like to see a PowerPoint added by the mirror in the bathroom though, I had to heat up my straightener in the room before I took it to the bathroom. Otherwise very good. Note: no one in the dorms sleeps before midnight. So if you're not a night owl go for a private room.

Didn't really enjoy this place. Felt cramped and dark. Nothing nice but it's close to all the good shopping. Next time I'm in KL I'll stay at a different hostel. You should too.

• 18th Oct 2014

Only stayed for 1 night , was very clean however didn't really feel that people were very friendly. It was quite hard to meet people due to the layout of the common room. and people just seemed to keep to themselves. Didn't like that the female dorm was right next to the common room and you had to walk through it to get to the bathroom. Staff were not too friendly. However good location.

The staff was very helpfull, the location is the heart of bukit bintang but they are on a second flor which is good for the noise (you don't hear a thing) but you have to carry your bags and if they are heavy with hot weather even at night and high levels of humidity you arrive like you've just showered. They have a no shoes policy which its interesting but they must open an exception for flip flops in showers. The entrance of the hostel smells like cheese since you have so many shoes there.

Stayed here 4 times! Nuf said!

It's a nice hostel to spend for couple of days. Very central but it's shame around the are under construction road working! So not feel like piccadilly circus ;) It's easy to get there and many free buses running near by. Stayed 4beds female room and wry comfy beds but a bit noisy because of Main Street!

Nice little hostel. friendly staff, good showers, clean beds. Great if you want a quiet night to get some rest. look elsewhere if your after a more lively evening.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Wales

nice clean comfy beds, bedrooms are a little small though and lack space but not a big problem. polite and helpful staff. very close to the metro withing 2 minutes. great location and good bathroom facilities. wifi is good too!

Nice staff :) (yep I'm talking about you Tracy) I loved my stay at Sunshine.

Location is good.But due to construction of Mass Rapid Transport system round the clock.It could cause some disturbances. Staff are mostly helpful.Atmosphere among tenants are good and discipline. The only shortcoming of my short stay during KL marathon was the air conditioner seemed not function well .I hardly have 2 hrs sleep..This was the first bad experience staying in backpacker dorm . Lastly I booked a 6 bed mix dorm,the hostel just assigned me to 4 bed mix without explanation..

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Not a bad word to say about this place, very well run!

It´s my third or fourth time there over the last years, so what else to say... I found some new faces among the staff, but as friendly as always. Clean place, well located at the very commercial heart ok KL (2 minutes to Bukit Bintang Monorrail), comfortable beds and lots of money exchange nearby. Just a 5 minute walk, there´s a great street with lots of budget restaurants. As I had a late flight, they let me store my backpack in one of their lockers for free. A great hostel.

The room that I had was a four bed dormitory for females. It was rather cramp with hardly any space to move at all. If you had gotten the top bunk, you will have to watch out for the ceiling as is rather low. The cleanliness was rather good, but the staffs were very unprofessional as they would flirt with the girls. Besides that, there are no keys to room that you are sleeping in. There are no rules on the noise level, as people could be outside your room talking all night.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

This hostel has a fantastic location, near to monorail and bus links, near restaurants and the night life without being too noisy. I arrived late in the evening and there was a group of people about to go out, the manager and a few of the others asked me to come out too. Very inviting.. I really liked this place, nice vibe, nice people, friendly and clean. Dorms were spacious. My only annoyance was when they turn off the aircon at 11:30, and lights, just to make sure you were out by 12!

Nothing wrong with this hostel. Located close to a monorail and not far from the majority of the cities main sights. We mainly kept to ourselves in the hostel but could tell there was a welcoming atmosphere for people who wanted to be sociable.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels