Sunshine Bedz KL Reviews

65 B, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Really close to a monorail st, food area, and walking distance to the twin towers. During my stay, I saw different types of travelers; a solo, a group, or a family with young children. I got a bed next to the common area and it was really noisy at night hearing people talked so loudly, but I think the situation can be really different depending on who the other guests are.

This was my second stay in this hostel. I have enjoyed my stay here along with few other friends. Very friendly hostel with wonderful location. Just a walk away to twin towers, KL tower and to many other attractions. It's lot better than what it was three years ago when I was in KL. Enjoyed GoKL free city bus with WiFi. Eat and happening street "Jalan Alor" is lane behind the hostel. All in all, it's a great hostel, clean and comfortable. Will stay here again if ever I am in KL. Loved it again..

The location was perfect, but don't search the address in Google maps, you will end up walking a few kilometres too far! Being right next to a train station was super handy and especially near the walk to the Petronas Towers, It made getting lost difficult! Security wasn't really there, there are no keys into the dorms meaning anything you didn't lock up is available for anyone. All in all though a really great hostel and I will definitely be staying there again next time!

Simply one of the best hostels I've ever been. Friendly staff, especially the owner Patrick, cheap beer and it's easy to meet new friends. The facilities are modern and clean, you never have to wait for a shower. The place is close to the Petronas Towers (5 to10 min walk). Streetfood, McDonalds, Burger King and Starbucks are very close.

Thank you for your very encouraging review. We are happy to have met you and look forward to your return. cheers

Guests should be given keys to their rooms. There should be larger cooking area for residents to prepare simple meals.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

I stayed at Sunshine Bedz for 5 nights and had a great experience there. The staff and management are very friendly and actually take the time to get to know you as an individual. The hostel is very clean and well maintained including dorm rooms and bathrooms. The hostel is situated in a fantastic location. The monorail system is just a couple minutes walk from the hostel making it easy to travel anywhere in the city. Highly recommend staying here.

Great hostel, perhaps a little bit overpriced for what it is. Staff were mostly friendly but not overly helpful or anything.

all in all i really loved that hostel!! good location! super clean! safe! comfortable beds! the only thing i wasn't that happy about were the people who worked there. sometimes i found them friendly and helpful and sometimes i had the feeling they were more interested to have fun for themselves then taking care of the guests. if i should be back in KL i definitely stay at sunshine bedz again!!

I loved this place! It has a very homely feel to it, everyone get together and chill out, play some music, talk together and have a few beers before going out in a group to the partying around if we like.. I absolutely ENJOYED my stay here..some of the best experiences I've ever had. Got a bit noisy at night being next to the big street with cars going by all night, but overall nothing to complain about.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • India

Sunshine Bedz isn't a great hostel, but it gets the basics right. Comfortable beds with individual reading lights and locker (byo padlock). Air con is effective. Breakfast is basic toast and jam with instant coffee. Plenty of food vendors downstairs. Its biggest strength is that it is very social and a good place to meet other travelers. Always heavily booked, so reserve for your whole stay, or you may need to move somewhere else.

Facilities were amazing - lots of space in the sink/washroom area, big showers and we never had to wait for a shower even though the hostel was fully booked. The hostel is a two minute walk from one of the largest malls and has lots of little Indian and Chinese markets and street food just outside the door. Plus the bus stop for the free bus that takes you all over KL is steps from the door.

great place to stay !!

It was great having you with us too. cheers

Clean hostel and good location. No complaints to speak of. Would stay again if I'm in KL.

Very good facilities, good bed, towel and linen included,free tea and coffee. Located very centrally vlose to street food market (although to avoid if you don't like having too much movement around). Staff friendly but very new so I couldn't really get any personal useful advice from them (they ll just hand you the recommendation book). Easy to meet people in the kitchen area (but not much sunlight coming through).I would probably stay there again!

Hope you enjoyed our malaysian food at the market. As we have 7 staff members and some are new, we will in the future ensure that the newer staff will redirect you to the more experienced staff to give you more insights of Kuala Lumpur. We hope however the recommendation book did give you some idea of whats here and how to get there from the hostel. We enjoy the kitchen too. See you again soon. cheers

you need a taxi driver to the airport, ask for the old chinese man who works with the hostel! super nice guy!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Good place to stay in KL. Location is perfect, the hostel is clean, the beds are good and the staff is nice. There is also an area to relax and meet other people. Beside that there is good food close to the hostel..

• 10th Jul 2014

location is great because it's right at the middle of everything and conveniently located.

Please take my review with a grain of salt, as it is my first ever time outside of Australia, and I travelled solo. So, there's not a lot for me to compare to. However, as a first experience this place was fantastic. I stayed here for 4 nights and would have stayed longer had it not been fully booked.

Nice place, good neighbourhood, Nice rooms. Confortables new beds. Silence after 22h. Thats very good. The staff is always changing cause they are helpX volunteers, so they dont know very much the city, in order to help you. But they were very kind.. Good place

The location is perfect for everything: street food, sightseeing, going out, shopping, you name it! But do not use google maps for directions, it will fail you miserably. The hostel has a vibrant, lively atmosphere so it is very easy to meet new people. They serve basic breakfast, which is enough to get you going in the morning. Loved this place, will stay again if I come back to KL!

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels