Sunshine Bedz KL Reviews

65 B, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I loved this place! It has a very homely feel to it, everyone get together and chill out, play some music, talk together and have a few beers before going out in a group to the partying around if we like.. I absolutely ENJOYED my stay here..some of the best experiences I've ever had. Got a bit noisy at night being next to the big street with cars going by all night, but overall nothing to complain about.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • India

We're happy staying in Sunshine bed. Looking forward to use hostel world for any reservation on my future travel. Thank you.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Sunshine Bedz isn't a great hostel, but it gets the basics right. Comfortable beds with individual reading lights and locker (byo padlock). Air con is effective. Breakfast is basic toast and jam with instant coffee. Plenty of food vendors downstairs. Its biggest strength is that it is very social and a good place to meet other travelers. Always heavily booked, so reserve for your whole stay, or you may need to move somewhere else.

Facilities were amazing - lots of space in the sink/washroom area, big showers and we never had to wait for a shower even though the hostel was fully booked. The hostel is a two minute walk from one of the largest malls and has lots of little Indian and Chinese markets and street food just outside the door. Plus the bus stop for the free bus that takes you all over KL is steps from the door.

great place to stay !!

It was great having you with us too. cheers

Clean hostel and good location. No complaints to speak of. Would stay again if I'm in KL.

Very good facilities, good bed, towel and linen included,free tea and coffee. Located very centrally vlose to street food market (although to avoid if you don't like having too much movement around). Staff friendly but very new so I couldn't really get any personal useful advice from them (they ll just hand you the recommendation book). Easy to meet people in the kitchen area (but not much sunlight coming through).I would probably stay there again!

Hope you enjoyed our malaysian food at the market. As we have 7 staff members and some are new, we will in the future ensure that the newer staff will redirect you to the more experienced staff to give you more insights of Kuala Lumpur. We hope however the recommendation book did give you some idea of whats here and how to get there from the hostel. We enjoy the kitchen too. See you again soon. cheers

you need a taxi driver to the airport, ask for the old chinese man who works with the hostel! super nice guy!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Good place to stay in KL. Location is perfect, the hostel is clean, the beds are good and the staff is nice. There is also an area to relax and meet other people. Beside that there is good food close to the hostel..

location is great because it's right at the middle of everything and conveniently located.

Please take my review with a grain of salt, as it is my first ever time outside of Australia, and I travelled solo. So, there's not a lot for me to compare to. However, as a first experience this place was fantastic. I stayed here for 4 nights and would have stayed longer had it not been fully booked.

Nice place, good neighbourhood, Nice rooms. Confortables new beds. Silence after 22h. Thats very good. The staff is always changing cause they are helpX volunteers, so they dont know very much the city, in order to help you. But they were very kind.. Good place

The location is perfect for everything: street food, sightseeing, going out, shopping, you name it! But do not use google maps for directions, it will fail you miserably. The hostel has a vibrant, lively atmosphere so it is very easy to meet new people. They serve basic breakfast, which is enough to get you going in the morning. Loved this place, will stay again if I come back to KL!

Hostel was good all in all. unfortunatly no real common area and no water boiler... rest was just fine.

We appreciate your review. The staff would have gladly had a chat with you in one of our 3 real common areas or the kitchen.And a hot water boiler at the breakfast area that is nearly always full. We hope however this did not hamper your stay with us and look forward to your return. Danke!. Sunshine Bedz Team.

Very good hostel. Patrick the owner is very friendly to customer as well as his employees. Velly and ellie are great girls who are willing to help people in their day to day activity and make people feel welcome. I met lots of people which were open and enthusiastic about meeting me and exploring the surroundings. Thanks guys for everything, it was definitely worth it!! If im ever in KL again I know where to stay!

Hey cheers for the positive feedback! We really enjoyed having you stay with us and hope that you come back soon! Keep Safe ~ Sunshine Bedz Team~

Great place right downtown KL, great value for money

Such lovely staff, especially the slovakian girl. Great for a solo traveller.

Thank you for your awesome review. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope that you will remember us whenever you reflect on your travel experience and you are welcome back if you pass through Kuala Lumpur again in the future. ~ Sunshine Bedz Team~

Cockroach in the bedroom the first night!! Pulled out the bed to find two traps so hostel appears to have a problem with them? Fleece blanket way too small to keep warm with the aircon on. Terrible ventilation in our room which results in a stale smell in the room all the time. Breakfast aweful. Toilets and showers were kept clean. Staff were polite. Good location if the monorail was working up to Sentral but it was not while we were there. Prepare to lug luggage up LOTS of stairs!!!

Thank you for your feedback. We have a no food and drinks policy in the hostel to prevent pest in the rooms. We also have traps to capture the rest as we do not really want to poison the rooms you sleep in. All our private rooms have AC and a remote control so you can control the temperature. We are sorry you did not enjoy our simple breakfast of coffee, tea and jam on toast. It was just to start your day and enjoy Malaysian food available everywhere outside. Yes, on the 2nd floor we are.

Finding the hostel was easy due to the good directions on their website. Upon arrival I was a little intimidated by the mass of shoes blocking the front door and the number of people just inside, but as if was breakfast time, the number of people around was understandable. I was concerned that the door for room D could not be locked as it meant anyone from the hostel could wander in and out - a big negative for the overall security. Loved being able to easily store my luggage after check out

• 5th Jul 2014

Thank you for your constructive review. We will look towards organizing the shoes at the front door. As security is one of our top priority, We wish to note that everyone coming into the hostel has to be buzzed in. As our staff sometimes are a bit too efficient they buzz you in before you even push the doors when they recognize you. Every dorm also has steel lockers and you are advised to bring your own padlock or buy one at the hostel so only you will have the keys. Look forward to your return.

I don't usually stay in hostels, but in KL I always come back to Sunshine bedz for its friendly

• 3rd Jul 2014