Sunshine Bedz KL Reviews

65 B, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

After 4 months of (bad) hostels in Australia, this B&B in KL was like a hotel! Very clean, free towels, free breakfast, fast internet and a very comfi bed! Had never been in KL before, so booked this hostel purely on the reviews on hostelworld (especially the location) and I have to say: the location is awesome and so is the hostel in general! Go there!

Not joking one of, if not, the best hostel I've ever stayed in staff were extremely helpful beds were nice and had a homey feel to it and the location right in the heart

Hostela beshe izbran ot men edinsteno po review tata koito prochetoh v internet. Kato pristignahme v KL ni otne pomalko ot 1h da stignem do nego ot KL international airport. Opusanieto I napatstviata biaha perfectni. Hostela se namira na super miasto, blizo do pazar palen s mestna hrana, Kulite ,metro s 2 dumi Perfecten. Staite biaha chisti , banite sashto.Ima miasto za relax kadeto chovek moje da pogovori s dr patuvashti I da obmeni opit. Imashe zakuska koeto me iznenada sashto) preporachvago

Overall, I would stay there again. Some of the staff were very unhelpful as far as getting around and city and just general knowledge about KL, but it was a nice place in a good location!

Clean and friendly, a good place for one or two nights

Patrick was a great help in helping me decide what to do in my very short 6 day visit to Malaysia. The rooms are comfortable, clean and safe with lockers where you need your own padlock. Great fun meeting people from all the over the world here in the hostel. Location was good with easy access to the monorail.

A little expensive double room for being a one without window.

The hostel Wads great! Rooms are incredible with very comfy beds and pillows. Common room is good to get to know people. The only thing is that breakfast is just cheap toast and you have to walk to the showers but all in all I would definitely stay here!

• 13th Dec 2013

Would be good if hostel provides some maps at the reception to give away. Wifi is weak. Generally, enjoyed my stay with clean room, bathroom and communal areas!

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

Great place to stay - 100% recommended! Thanks Patrick & staff

Right next to Jalan Alor food street, which is awesome. Great atmosphere, always tons of travelers to meet. The air conditioning in the dorms means none of the usual dorm stench. The staff rocks. The free breakfast is merely adequate, but the place IS right next to Japan Alor food street. Walking distance to the Personas towers, as well as all the major malls and the bus station. Decent common areas, although if it's raining the noise can be deafening. Did I mention Jalan Alor is RIGHT THERE!?

I only stayed in KL for two nights, so staying in a central location with good access to public transportation and high speed internet access were my main concerns. This place suited these needs very well. Breakfast was alright and a decent common area made it easy to get in touch with fellow travelers. Staff was friendly and helpful. Nothing to complain about at all- I'd stay here again for sure.

I love Sunshine Bedz! - Its located in the heart of the city at Bukit Bintang. Staff is very friendly and helpful. All attraction are just 5 to 10 minutes walk away including shopping, good food, petronas towers and more. The beds were comfortable and clean. Definitely will be back.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • Pakistan

Entrance looks a bit dodgy, but rooms and bathrooms comfortable and very clean. Very close to monorail station and walkway to petronas towers.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Located near major attractions. A bit hard to find at the moment with all of the construction and massage girls crowding the area. Spotty wifi, but overall a great place to stay.

I didn't really like sunshine bedz (sorry!) I thought our room, which had no window, was a bit dirty and grimy. Same with reception, there's not much work done to it, I was expecting more from the reviews. Location is good, you're in one of the central parts of KL and very close to a metro station and a mall which has it's own rollercoaster inside!

Staff is really helpful and nice. I feels home strait away. All simple but good value for money

Wifi was poor for a city location - it was better on the islands in Thailand! Rooms around the common area could be loud until everyone went out (if they did) in the evenings. No individual bed lamps so had to use main light to see which woke the whole room - this was quite frequent as a lot of people arrived/left during the night for international flights to KL. Overall was a good location but could do with a bar. Showers/bathrooms/beds were excellent and all very clean.

The good: The staff was friendly, the room was clean, there were nice little common areas scattered throughout the hostel. The bad: The room's AC unit did not work very well. There was no tables in the room and only one of the 6-8 electrical outlets worked. The ugly: It was up a stairwell from what I think was a whore house disguised as a massage parlor.

• 5th Dec 2013

I had a one night stay, left my luggage behind while I ventured into another city and came back for another 3 nights stay. The room was simple and neat, toilets always clean. Patrick and his staff were all very accommodating and friendly. Too bad I was sick and didn't have much voice to talk to them. But I totally enjoyed my stay there. Will not consider a second place to stay if I am ever back in KL, Sunshine shall be the only place of consideration! Thanks guys for everything when I was there!

Thank you for choosing to stay with Sunshine Bedz Kuala Lumpur and your fantastic review! We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Hope you have your voice back. ~ Sunshine Bedz Team~

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels