Sunshine Bedz KL Reviews

65 B, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Awesome location ! Nice atmosphere. I liked the 2 guitars available to everyone. Partied like hell by night (missed a 11am flight the next day...) The dorm bed (in C1) came with 2 plugs, a reading lamp and a big locker and more lockers in the main lobby still a locking system on the dorm door could be a good idea (a digicode to avoid the lost key problem) Clean (no-shoes policy) but it smells at the entrance... Toasts and jam breakfast was just ok but a fridge is available for your own food.

I enjoyed my stay in Sunshine Bedz.. This would gonna be my home in KL.. 😉

The location is very good-right at Bukit Bintang and across from the Monorail, 100m from the free KL busses, around the corner from Jalan Alor food street, and a few spots away from McDs if you need to grab some early breakfast before heading out to the airport!! The workers are knowledgeable and friendly, no matter what time of day. There are plenty of toilets and showers so even if there is a wait for any of the facilities, you don't have to wait long. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Had a really good time here and met awesome people! And thanks to Patrick who always made me laugh with his little jokes. If u are travelling alone this is the perfect place to stay and if u wanna be alone dont come here, too many great people and activities to chill and relax!

• 18th Aug 2014

This was a perfectly ok hostel. Nothing bad about it, nothing amazing about it either. Beds were comfy and the rooms have AC. Powerful showers and clean bathrooms as well. The area is good for exploring the rest of the city, as you have a bus stop for the free bus service very near by. The staff were helpful, and gave me useful information when I asked for it. Overall, a perfectly pleasant stay. Would stay here again.

A great location and well priced too. Only thing is that our room (6 bed dorm) was like a sauna because the air con was not working properly so I couldn't sleep at all. Showers and toilets were clean and had good pressure on the water. I would recommend it to others.

Okay hostel. Doesn't feel secure- lots of people in and out, front entrance constantly opened, no keys for dorm doors. Staff are cold, slow and not very helpful. One of them just seems to walk around with his shirt off asking people whether they like ladyboys. Also not very clean, internet poor, air con weak and no drinking water. On the plus side has a good party hostel vibe, cheap and great location, but I won't be staying here again.

Thank you for staying with us. We wish to note that our front door is controlled by our staff. All our dorms also have steel lockers for your use and secured by your own padlock. We apologize if our staff did not meet your expectations and shall motivate them to do better. We do have a vending machine with water. All our ac have remote controls and the temp is normally controlled by guest in the rooms. Hope your stay here will not affect your view of Kuala Lumpur.

I personally liked the place. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There should be a person employed to carry the baggages of the clients. Clients can pay that person if they want to take that service.We were on the 3rd floor of the building and i had to carry all the baggages by my self to the 3rd floor. it was terrible for me. Other than that every thing was good.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Sri Lanka

The hostel had a great atmosphere - lots of areas to socialise which is great for solo travellers! And the staff are great - the Slovakian couple were just perfect, so knowledgeable and kind! Thank you guys!

Great hostel, good location and helpful staff.

Thank you very much for your kind review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and in KL. We look forward to seeing you here again soon! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team ~

Loved this hostel! awesome Location and i met the nicest people here! would love to go back, 100% recommondation!

• 13th Aug 2014

I read reviews in hostel world and booked this hostel. The facilities , location of the hostel , attitude of the staff , etc were simply superb. The rooms were well kept. Breakfast was really good. And we were guided on our way to different attractions.I would say one can enjoy your stay in Kuala Lumpur if you stay in this hostel. For foodies, Jalan Alor is just behind this hostel. Hence you can enjoy a late night's dinner and walk back to hostel.

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We're glad to hear that you had such a great time staying with us. Please remember to pass our name on to your friends and other people you meet while traveling. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to KL! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team ~

Best hostel. keep it up.

Thank you for your awesome review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team ~

I spent here four nights in a small but kind single air conditioned room. Best features are location, low prices compared with quality, fast free wifi and nice social room. Highly recomended b

• 11th Aug 2014

The place inside is very good to stay: clear, almost new furniture, good showers and so on. The location is pretty good but if you have 2-3 days there and wanna visit cities close to the KL - it's better to stay near KL sentrall because you'll always need to get there first.

This is an excellent place to stay. The location couldn't be better, as it's right in the centre of everything and just beside the LRT too. The rooms are clean, big enough and you have a huge locker beside each bed. The big plus is that ALL the staff are super friendly and always there to help you with anything you need. I originally booked for 2 nights and ended up staying for 5. Wifi always worked too. Having stayed in hostels all over SEAsia I can't recommend this place enough. Stay here!

The atmosphere, the location, the cleanliness, but most of all the staff made my stay at Sunshine Bedz KL unforgettable. A group of the most amazing people ever! By far the best hostel I stayed in during my travels. If you would like to stay in a place that feels like a home away from home and really like to party, you should stay here! Really, don't hesitate to book this hostel :). I really loved my stay here!

• 9th Aug 2014

Thanks for your amazing review! We're glad you were able to be part of the "Sunshine Bedz Family" during your stay in KL. Please remember to mention our name to your friends and other travelers that are coming to Kuala Lumpur. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team ~

Awesome! Great stay, great people, great night activities (if you want), absolutely clean, awesome!

• 9th Aug 2014

Thanks for your amazing review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and joined in on the social activities. Please remember to mention our name to your friends and other travelers coming to KL. You and your friends are always welcome here at Sunshine Bedz! We look forward to your return! ~ Sunshine Bedz Team ~

location is good , around the area a lot shopping central , good choose to stay in this hostel . i will come again

Patrick and the team at Sunshine bedz are fantastic. On arrival they were so welcoming and explained everything I needed to know about the hostel. There is information everywhere and if you need to know anything all the staff are so friendly and helpful! The dorms, bathrooms, showers and eating area are spotlessly clean, you almost wouldn't believe it's a hostel. Staff are constantly making sure there is toilet paper, soap etc! Thank you guys for a wonderful stay :-)

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels