Taipei Ximen Zebra Apartment Reviews

13 Lane 29 Xi-Chang Street Taipei City, Taipei, Taiwan

I canceled my trip to Taipei because I couldn't find any other place to stay. t was the week of 01-01-2015. I abandoned my deposit after I saw the other online reviews.

If you have any other choices, Don't stay here! This is the worst experience I am in Taiwan! Too many people stay in one house! Too noisy! And I think the hostel owner is the staff only! Maybe this is a illegal hostel! I went to the bookstore finally because I actually can not stay there for a whole night I think!

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • China

Terrible hostel, poor service, bad room condition - The hostel owner is hard to reach - She even forgot the leave the door keys for us, forcing us to go inside the room through windows - The hostel owner ran away after receiving hostel fee, didn't even check whether the key is left for us - The room facilities doesn't match what's advertised in hostelworld.com. We're supposed to get a private bathroom instead of shared one, making us uncomfortable taking turn to bath with other room

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Close enough to Ximending to be convenient, but far enough away to be nice and quiet. The management is extremely nice, and the facilities were sufficient. THE BED WAS THE SOFTEST BED I'VE FOUND IN ASIA. My only complaint is that our room was mildewy. Everything was damp the whole time, and made our things damp too. Part of this is due to the rainy weather on the weekend, I'm sure, but I think that our room had leaks. It's bad enough I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless it was fixed.

• 25th Dec 2014

The single room is a mattress with four walls around it; no room to stand without opening the door, but the spring mattress is big and comfy. Right next to the kitchen, so bring an eye mask and earplugs. Light switch is outside room. A padlock is provided, but no way to lock the door from inside. Cleaning is not done every day. Only two showers/toilets for all guests, so be prepared to wait during peak hours. Showers had some drainage issues which led to wet floors outside of the shower.

The hostel was not what we thougt it would be. We didn't pay that much, but we got a 8 bed-room (we were three persons, and we came outside of the season), there was TV, very good WIFI, to showers, to toilets, a very nice owner, free washing, sheets and on and on and on.. For a hostel, we think this place is very very NICE! And if we ever come to Taipei again, we will defently choose Leopard Garden :-)

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Denmark

ximending is a cool place for unique people. mrt: 10 minutes walk. girl at hostel is great, very nice

I stayed in Zebra hostel with three male friends, and even though they were a little anxious in the beginning (you know, the panther print is everywhere) they too loved it and wanted to go back there when we needed another few nights in a hostel. The only reason why we didn't come back was because we were too lazy to walk the 5-7 minutes from the metro station. All in all a good hostel, I would recommend it to anybody. Oh, thick mattresses, a big plus!