Taohuawoo Youth Hostel Reviews

No.158,Taohuawu Street, Suzhou, China

The staff during the first day was nice, but in the next morning we really were in a hurry to take the train to go to Xian, so we ask in the reception to call a taxi and the said that they can't use the phone to call a taxi because they already call a taxi for someone else or something like that,,,we tried to explain to them but they didn't even tray to help us.

Good location in the city centre. Impractical to walk from the train station in the summer heat, but only a 10 minute walk from the North Pagoda bus stop. Bike rental is 25y/day for a regular city bike and 45y/day for a mountain bike. The city bike seemed almost brand new and was very comfortable and worked perfectly all day. No locker in the room, but ensuite bathroom was nice. Water purifying machines were freely available. Cool bar with live music next door, very few other foreigners.

The location was excellent. It is close to a Railway Station, and Humble Administrator's Garden and Beisi Tower were in a walking distance. All staffs were really nice. At the last day, we couldn't use an elevator since the hostel was a blackout in the morning. So one of the staffs helped us to carry our heavy luggage down from 4th floor. I will definitely stay in this hostel again next time.

Location is fairly good with restaurants and mini markets across the street and spots of interest in the city at a walkable distance. Drawback is that hostel has almost only chinese guests and staff seems to be annoyed with foreigners that don't speak chinese. Beds are ok, bathrooms facilities are poor and need to be improved.

Nice and cozy hostel with a good bar! The only problem is that the staff doesn't speak any english. (And the hairdryer on the corridor which is in use during late hours :-#

• 25th May 2015

It was a pretty place at an old traditional chinese building with a small nice garden in font. The staff was also welcoming and friendly. It's clean everywhere but except shower booths hahah..I guess I have too high expectation about cleanness..Location, for me I had no problem cuz luckily I met a local who showed me the way to the door from the bus stop but for others, I guess it cud be a bit difficult to locate it from the bus stop you get off.

It's a bit of a walk from the tourist parts of the city. The hostel is poplar with Chinese travellers and so the atmosphere wasn't great for a foreigner.

A good average hostel. The stuff didn't speak good english and often couldn't help out. A tip: if guests stay at your hostel for longer than 4 days you should offer to clean their room at least once.