The Australian Hostel Reviews

23 Abd El Khalek Tharwat, Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. My room did not have any visible dust or dirt but it felt a bit unclean. My biggest issue was with the wifi. I could not connect to the wifi from my room. Also even when I would bring my laptop and connect to the wifi and the main area, I still had connection problems. Their breakfast consist of one fried egg and 2 rolls of bread with butter on the side.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Best staff ever,, clean room and hot showers, Great location walking distance to all the sights, , i met some amazing people and would definitely stay there again.

I really liked my stay at the Australian Hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. My airport pick-up and drop-off were perfect. My only complaint has to do with the wifi service. I was in Cairo for my exams and I needed to have unlimited/uninterrupted access to the internet as part of my final preparations for my exams, but I was disappointed to find out that the wifi service was unreliable (poor signal, sudden disconnection, no access etc...).This must be fixed!

The only real problem was that I was the only (foreign) guest so far as I could tell for the few days that I was there, meaning that it was a rather lonely atmosphere; obviously, the hostel can hardly be blamed for the current situation in Egypt. Otherwise, it was clean and cheap and located centrally in Downtown. The staff were helpful and had several tours available without being pushy about it.

All the staffs are very helpful. Thanks for all of them!