The Australian Hostel Reviews

23 Abd El Khalek Tharwat, Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

Great place to stay. Very friendly stuff. Specially Ehab. Very clean eveyday. Will be back here for sure when I come back to Cairo

Nice host Ehab, he was very helpful and kind. Help us to arrange the tour of desert , Giza and louxer. High quality tour, definitely recommend. Amazing facility!! We had a great time here Thanks!

So basically this place is a great place to stay in Cairo. Its smack in the middle of town, close to pretty much everything and easy to find. Staff is very friendly, no curfew, the rooms are good, clean and air conditioned. Its actually in an older building in the middle of town and we were expecting it to be loud and abnoxious but nope, not at all. Great service for value... This hostel's number is on my phone for my next visit to Cairo

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Lebanon

Great location, incredible staff! Upon arrival Ehab, Ahmed, Islam, & Assuma didn't hesitate to welcome me, bringing me to wedding celebrations, helping plan tours, taking me to explore local markets, & teaching me Arabic {fil mesh mesh!} The hostel is close to many attractions & is surrounded by restaurants, coffee shops, & boutiques. It was very clean, had comfy beds, & great accommodations- laundry, fridge, stove, wifi, & toilet paper {above the fridge} good for westerners. Highly recommended!

Great location and very helpful staff. This was my 3rd time to stay here.

I didn't spend much of my 5 nights there, but found the place accommodating and comfortable. Would recommend to others. Did not include breakfast.

Small but nice hostel with great staff.

A great place to stay! Very nice staff, clean areas, big rooms with comfortable beds. Breakfast and a great location so close to downtown for such a low price is amazing. Highly recommend this place for a cheap, well-kept hostel literally up the road from the Egyptian Museum.

on the whole it's ok.

Light too weak in room for reading. No heater in room. Too little hot water. No chairs in entrance. Elevator did not work.

• 15th Jan 2015

thank you for your Comment. we will add reading light in the rooms. for the chairs i belive we haveichairs all over the hostel as we show in the Fotos. maybe the elevator was proken but its working again. we do have hotwater around the 24 hours. hope to see you again in our hostel.

Location is excellent. No lockers in rooms. Staff are friendly. Not much of an atmosphere.

Great location, the place is safe. Come to Egypt! The organized tours were great with reasonable price! Friendly staff, especially EHAB, he's fun, friendly, smiley, hard worker and so is everyone else. I had fun and I'd highly recommend this hostel for budget travelers!

• 1st Jan 2015

Good value for money, also good location, the airport pick up was great and save , clean room, great hot water, clean bathrooms.

• 28th Nov 2014

Hostel is located in a noisy area, you can heard noise the whole night and people 's smoke in your room. There are no information about breakfast time. The receptionist is sleeping deeply in working hours. They are so kindly, but is missing to provide good information.

Nice place, arrived at 5am and they put me in a bed for a few hours in the morning and let me stay in a twin when only booked a dorm, nice staff showed me to the bus stop for the pyramids would stay again

Had an excellent stay at the Australian hostel the place was awesome ! Clean loverly people and couldn't ask for a better group of staff ! If ever in Cairo defiantly look into this place !!!!

• 27th Aug 2014

I've stayed in quite a few hostels and this is by far my favorite of all them! The staff here are friendly and accommodating. I stayed here far longer than I intended to (close to one month) and was never made to feel that I've over-stayed my welcome. They have a genuine interest in you and in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. I highly recommend. *tip: the hostel is on the 4th floor, but if you take the elevator you'll need to press 3.

• 29th Jul 2014

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. My room did not have any visible dust or dirt but it felt a bit unclean. My biggest issue was with the wifi. I could not connect to the wifi from my room. Also even when I would bring my laptop and connect to the wifi and the main area, I still had connection problems. Their breakfast consist of one fried egg and 2 rolls of bread with butter on the side.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Best staff ever,, clean room and hot showers, Great location walking distance to all the sights, , i met some amazing people and would definitely stay there again.

I really liked my stay at the Australian Hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. My airport pick-up and drop-off were perfect. My only complaint has to do with the wifi service. I was in Cairo for my exams and I needed to have unlimited/uninterrupted access to the internet as part of my final preparations for my exams, but I was disappointed to find out that the wifi service was unreliable (poor signal, sudden disconnection, no access etc...).This must be fixed!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7