The Australian Hostel Reviews

23 Abd El Khalek Tharwat, Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

Good value for money, also good location, the airport pick up was great and save , clean room, great hot water, clean bathrooms.

• 28th Nov 2014

Hostel is located in a noisy area, you can heard noise the whole night and people 's smoke in your room. There are no information about breakfast time. The receptionist is sleeping deeply in working hours. They are so kindly, but is missing to provide good information.

Nice place, arrived at 5am and they put me in a bed for a few hours in the morning and let me stay in a twin when only booked a dorm, nice staff showed me to the bus stop for the pyramids would stay again

Had an excellent stay at the Australian hostel the place was awesome ! Clean loverly people and couldn't ask for a better group of staff ! If ever in Cairo defiantly look into this place !!!!

• 27th Aug 2014

I've stayed in quite a few hostels and this is by far my favorite of all them! The staff here are friendly and accommodating. I stayed here far longer than I intended to (close to one month) and was never made to feel that I've over-stayed my welcome. They have a genuine interest in you and in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. I highly recommend. *tip: the hostel is on the 4th floor, but if you take the elevator you'll need to press 3.

• 29th Jul 2014

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. My room did not have any visible dust or dirt but it felt a bit unclean. My biggest issue was with the wifi. I could not connect to the wifi from my room. Also even when I would bring my laptop and connect to the wifi and the main area, I still had connection problems. Their breakfast consist of one fried egg and 2 rolls of bread with butter on the side.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Best staff ever,, clean room and hot showers, Great location walking distance to all the sights, , i met some amazing people and would definitely stay there again.

I really liked my stay at the Australian Hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. My airport pick-up and drop-off were perfect. My only complaint has to do with the wifi service. I was in Cairo for my exams and I needed to have unlimited/uninterrupted access to the internet as part of my final preparations for my exams, but I was disappointed to find out that the wifi service was unreliable (poor signal, sudden disconnection, no access etc...).This must be fixed!

The only real problem was that I was the only (foreign) guest so far as I could tell for the few days that I was there, meaning that it was a rather lonely atmosphere; obviously, the hostel can hardly be blamed for the current situation in Egypt. Otherwise, it was clean and cheap and located centrally in Downtown. The staff were helpful and had several tours available without being pushy about it.

All the staffs are very helpful. Thanks for all of them!

Very clean, very hospitable, awesome location and very cool laid-back owners.

This Hostel is situated in a perfect location; 10 mins walk from Tahrir square & the main food district.The staff are friendly & helpful & the atmosphere is very chilled.I stayed in a dorm room which had 4 generously sized single beds, which were clean & presentable.The bathrooms were also in excellent condition with western toilets in case anyone is worried about the infamous squat toilets, which to be honest you will only find in more rural areas of the country.Wifi was also good.Great Hostel!

The elevator is a bit dodgy, and doesn't go to the second floor. Our Internet wasn't good so we were upgraded which was nice. Staff was nice. Close to KFC, a local kebab shop and a small mart to buy water.

I thought it was good value for money. The shower was hot and clean, and the bedrooms were ok! Staff was friendly and there is great free wi fi. The location helps because you can find cheap restaurants around. Although they do not have lockers and they dont have maps or information to help travelers to find themselves around.

The Australian Hostel is in an excellent location right in the heart of the Cairo downtown. The staff are so friendly and helpful, always willing to help you navigate your way around the craziness that is Cairo. The facilities there are fantastic, the wifi is excellent and there are always hot showers.

The hospitality experience staff and managerial help was truly grade a.

This place is great. The staff are some of the best people you will ever meet. They'll sort out anything you need, no worries. Rooms are neat and clean, facilities all work (the shower was great), the price is spot on and it's not too far from anything. I will definitely be staying here again when I'm next in Cairo.

Nice and helpful staff. The room was big and even though the hostel is right in the city, it is not too loud there. The Metro is close, as is the Egyptian Museum. The common room has a nice balcony to have breakfast in the morning.

This is easily the best budget hotel in Cairo! Staff was extremely hospitable, helpful, perfect speaking English and polite. The rooms are bright, clean and comfortable. This place is very close to the metro, shops and Egyptian Museum. The breakfast was fine and the breakfast area was a nice place to be.

• 20th Dec 2012

Staff was very helpful and I really enjoyed my stay here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7