The Burren Hostel (Sleepzone) Reviews

Lisdoonvarna, The Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

This is a big hostel but it was almost empty while I was here. It made it a bit like the Shining, but I had a comfortable stay nonetheless. I imagine that in the summer when it is full it has a completely different atmosphere. You can't beat it as far as location goes if you're trying to do some hiking in the Burren and visit the cliffs.

We'd definitely recommend the Burren Hostel. Aoibhinn's been such a DARLING!

It was just great! The building is amazing and we really enjoyed the stay there :)

The hostel is well situated and very convenient to everywere, the staff are really nice and very helpful, the hostel is very clean and the facilities were excellent, for the money you pay the value is excellent ,and the light breakfast is a real bonus. I will return next year with a bigger party of people.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Thanks you so much for your lovely review. Yes I agree with you, our hostel indeed excellent value for money. Really looking forward to seeing you and our other regulars again next year for the festival!! Take care Aoibhinn

Best crack I had in a long time

Ah Thanks Patrick - we really enjoyed having you here. Glad you had a great time. It was superb weekend!! Till next year - thank you!!

great place to stay

Great Hostel in small town with perfect start to discover the west coast. Staff is really nice and helpful. The rooms are big with enough space for the travellers. It's an old hotel, so the bathrooms are great. Only the flush is slow and little bit loud. I liked the stay and would come back. Travelling by bus is not perfect because it comes only every 90 minutes, but it's okay.

Thank you Alexandra for positive review. I have passed your lovely comments onto the staff here. Great having the large bed & bathrooms. I was unaware of the loud & slow flush?? I shall check it. Sorry about the bus frequency - not much we can do about it. Thanks again & please return soon.

5 star attention from Aoibhinn who had a big job on her hands but nevertheless put everyone at ease. Thanks to her and her staff I had a delightful stay. I had much appreciated help with travel plans and recommendations for enjoying the area..

Thank you so much Moya - it was a pure pleasure having you stay with us. Keep writing that poetry!! Till we meet again - don't leave it too long. Take care of yourself

Had a great time, defo the best hostel I ever stayed in and better than a few hotels too. Staff were great, the light continental brekkie was a bonus I didnt expect and it was clean throughout. Highly recommend the hostel

• 12th Sep 2014

Thank you Liam for staying & writing a brilliant review. Thrilled you had a great time. Please come back next year!! warmest regards

Very cozy hostel with nice rooms and food options available. Great price for all the we could get. The only complaint is that there was definitely a mold problem in the room we were in, and it was difficult to breathe at night, even with the window open. Very stuffy room and damp. They need to fix the mold problem. Other than that it was a great and the staff was very friendly and helpful!

The staff were wonderful! Bathrooms in my room could use a good clean/TLC

We loved this hostel. It was rather difficult to get to as you have to take a bus from the airport to Ennis then wait for another bus. Its entirely worth it when you get there. The people are lovely and the smoked salmon that is made across the street is delicious. Its a short bus ride to the cliffs of moher too which is great. We hope to be back there again soon!

Thank you Megan for your lovely review. Glad you loved here - we do too!! Sorry for the bus situation - not city services, I am afraid. We have indeed a lovely and loyal crew here - so will tell them what you said. The Burren Smokehouse is indeed the best salmon I have ever tried - the Honey Whiskey Fennel is my fav!! Please email me direct if you wish to book again and I shall look after you. Warmest Regards Aoibhinn

Mouldy Film corners in the dormitory room, who is allergic to that should look somewhere else. The walkable fridge is also not very well kept, nobody would store food in sth. like this at home. But as to cleanliness: I have seen much worse in Irish hostel kitchens so that would not keep me back from booking again.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you Jochen for positive review and we have taken on board your comments. Our building is a historic building so sometimes conditions do arise. We are considering a new fridge system. Naturally with the high volume of traffic cokking in the kitchen, it does get mess sometimes - it is a functional working kitchen and like all hostels it is up to guests to tidy up and clean after themselves. We hope to welcome you to The Burren Hostel again soon. Warmest regards Aoibhinn

Staff was friendly and super helpful!

• 5th Sep 2014

Thank you Gina for your positive review and we hope to welcome you to The Burren Hostel again soon. Warmest regards Aoibhinn

This was the second time we stayed here and enjoyed the experience both times. Great location. Hostel a bit rundown, but comfortable and worth the money.

• 28th Aug 2014

I came to your hostel with family and friends and everything Was great. We had two very welcomed surprizes: breakfast included and a very nice playground for our little children nearby. Thanks

• 22nd Aug 2014

We only stayed for one night at the hostel.. Lady at the reception very friendly and helpfull, took her time even tho she was very busy! We slept in a 6 dorm room, enough space in the room and clean. Short drive to Cliffs of Mohir and other sightseeing, local bar around the corner was a great recommendation!

Hi - thank you very much for your lovely positive review - which I have passed onto our team here. Pity you only got to stay one night. We were very busy when you were here. We are very lucky to be near such an amazing attraction as the Cliffs and the Roadside is a great spot. Take care & hope to see you maybe in a quieter time. Thanks Aoibhinn

Unbeatable value for money and perfect location to scout the wonderful Burren area. It feels like a family and the staff is super nice and ready to assist in any request you may have.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are very lucky with our location as there is so much to do in the area for all ages and many guests comment on the homey & familial atmosphere that we have created. Thanks again Daniele - please feel free to visit anytime again. Warmest Regards Aoibhinn

Really neat place to chill, close to the village and to a nice traditional pub. Quiet, clean dorms. No lockers in the dorms but otherwise awesome facilities and fantastic common areas. Super lovely staff.

very nice hostel, and there is a pub about 3 mins walk that's the best in Ireland!!

View all Cliffs of Moher Hostels