The Burren Hostel (Sleepzone) Reviews

Lisdoonvarna, The Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

The staff at the Burren Hostel were phenomenal. They honestly gave you the feel of a family, not a staff interacting with their customers. I was in the dinning room, and they even invited me and another guest over for a little wine and conversation. Because of this, as well as because of the hostels large rooms, nice, functional kitchen, and almost restaurant looking dinning room, it really felt that you were not going into a backpacker hostel, but a home. The best stay I've had at a hostel.

• 19th Mar 2015

Not a lot of people staying when I came, so the atmosphere was a bit lacking. The staff, however were so welcoming and it didn't take long for the place to feel like home.

Thanks for the kind review - we're just open for the season !

There were only a few visitors @ the hostel, so most of the rooms were not heated, our room included. We had about 10°C inside. The repairs on the wall should be more cosy. There was mold on the wall around the windows and a moist air in the room, depends all from heating!

This is a big hostel but it was almost empty while I was here. It made it a bit like the Shining, but I had a comfortable stay nonetheless. I imagine that in the summer when it is full it has a completely different atmosphere. You can't beat it as far as location goes if you're trying to do some hiking in the Burren and visit the cliffs.

We'd definitely recommend the Burren Hostel. Aoibhinn's been such a DARLING!

It was just great! The building is amazing and we really enjoyed the stay there :)

The hostel is well situated and very convenient to everywere, the staff are really nice and very helpful, the hostel is very clean and the facilities were excellent, for the money you pay the value is excellent ,and the light breakfast is a real bonus. I will return next year with a bigger party of people.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Thanks you so much for your lovely review. Yes I agree with you, our hostel indeed excellent value for money. Really looking forward to seeing you and our other regulars again next year for the festival!! Take care Aoibhinn

View all Cliffs of Moher Hostels