The Burren Hostel (Sleepzone) Reviews

Lisdoonvarna, The Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

The only thing that went wrong at staying at the Hostel was that our eggs and cucumber were stolen. Other than that, everything was on point, never stayed at such an awesome hostel.

• 23rd May 2015

Friendly staff, and comfortable beds. Only a 15 minute drive to the cliffs of Mohr. Very difficult to find however, make sure you look up good directions before you go!

The staff were incredibly helpful and super friendly! The hostel is a quick bus ride to the Cliffs of Moher and other awesome nature locations. The whole place has a really homey and comfortable feel to it :) Would 100% stay here again for the service and the experience.

Really nice staff, nice room! It was quiet and that´s actually great for a change after visiting big cities :)

We loved the hostel, and the room with the fire was so cozy and nice. However we did not get a key at arrival, and ended up having €50 stolen from us. Besides that, excellent

• 7th May 2015

we enjoyed our stay!

It was a very warm welcome from Aoibhinn (Hostmum)!!! She is great and so helpful and full of funny stories! The house is huge, so a lot of people can stay there - but you can also enjoy privacy. It's a 20 minutes drive through the countryside by bike to the Cliffs of Moher.

• 11th Apr 2015

Thank you very much for positive review - it is great that guests can still find a quiet corner here. Glad you enjoyed your bike trip. Hope you will return someday again. Aoibhinn

The staff were very friendly. Hostel was walking distance from the excellent Roadside Tavern renowned for Irish Traditional music an even the odd Blues gig. Free entry too! Unfortunately our Private room was between two doorways which banged alot each morning from 7am onwards. They would need a pad on each to reduce noise and the closing aparatus needs to be aTV adjusted. Also the shower drain had a sour smell. These small repairs would make all the difference to a great hostel.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Thank you for review, I was here on reception for your entire stay and did not know you had issues – it would have been great to know at the time – to fix them. We have done our utmost to silence the doors with oil – paper / pads etc – I think we need new doors or hinges?? Tourists are up early, trying to get the most out of their day. I was totally unaware of the drain smell and we could have easily fixed that. Regards Aoibhinn

My stay in The Burren Sleepzone has been fantastic!!! The house is wonderful, the Lady who runs it is just gorgeous, the kitchen is really well equiped, the dining and breakfast room is great, the rooms are clean, cosy and have everything you need - apart from that, the staff is just AMAZING! I've never felt that home on travels! ..so I came back. Unscheduled -- and if I'd ever come back to Lisdoonvarna, I'll have a home! The Burren Hostel is just one of a kind! Love to all of you! Louisa

It was a great stay ! The staff is sooo friendly I almost felt like home. Everybody is really helpful, the rooms are nice and clean. Really one of the best hostel I've stayed in! Thanks for everything

• 21st Mar 2015

Aw thanks Rosie - we enjoyed having you here immensely - come back soon!! Regards Aoibhinn

The staff at the Burren Hostel were phenomenal. They honestly gave you the feel of a family, not a staff interacting with their customers. I was in the dinning room, and they even invited me and another guest over for a little wine and conversation. Because of this, as well as because of the hostels large rooms, nice, functional kitchen, and almost restaurant looking dinning room, it really felt that you were not going into a backpacker hostel, but a home. The best stay I've had at a hostel.

• 19th Mar 2015

Thanks John for the really lovely review and we enjoyed having you here and hearing about your interesting life in Italy. This is actually a home as the staff live here - so we are like one big happy family and that vibe does come through to the guests - which is unique!!

Not a lot of people staying when I came, so the atmosphere was a bit lacking. The staff, however were so welcoming and it didn't take long for the place to feel like home.

Thanks for the kind review - we're just open for the season !

There were only a few visitors @ the hostel, so most of the rooms were not heated, our room included. We had about 10°C inside. The repairs on the wall should be more cosy. There was mold on the wall around the windows and a moist air in the room, depends all from heating!

Hi Thomas and Barbara, thank you for your review. Please bare in mind that we close this hostel for the winter for 4 months and the heating does not go on and the building does take a few weeks to heat up - but apologies if you were cold but if we had have known we could have given you lots of extra blanets and an extra electic heater. March in Ireland can be cold. I hope that you shall come a warmer time next time. regards Aoibhinn

View all Cliffs of Moher Hostels