The Chocolate Five star Hostel and Crew House Reviews

506 SE 16th Str, Fort Lauderdale, USA

As soon as we walked into our room, we wished we could cancel our booking. First of all we were given the wrong room key and walked in on a couple in bed. The room they then gave us was filthy, the light bulb was missing from the roof, the blinds didn't cover the windows and one of the beds was so old it was ready for the trash! So, to make our week livable, we grabbed a bulb from a lamp, taped magazine pages to the windows and placed jib board under the saggy mattress. This is not 5 star.

Fun party by the pool, room was quiet tho

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Bangladesh

girl in office was helpful

• 31st Oct 2014
  • American Samoa
  • All Male Group, 18-24

parking and wifi are free

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

this was my first time ever staying in the hostel I was so disappointed the beds were hard the hostel it self was not clean I felt very uncomfortable.

• 29th Oct 2014

I have been in a lot of Hostels and this by far was the worst I have stayed in. The place was a old apartment building so each unit had a kitchen, one bedroom and single bath. It was supposed to be a 6 bed dorm and 2 nights into it they added a 7th bed when there was very little space to begin with and the place had not been cleaned for some time. The beds were old and I cold feel the coils in my back and I am a small woman. The best thing that came from this was meeting a few very nice roomies.

• 29th Oct 2014

my room was nice and clean. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the Chocolate Hostel. meet a lot of cool travelers and I would recommend it to anyone who is traveling to South Florida.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Austria

This was not a crew house/hostel, it was filled with bums and people that were permanently living there, treating it like it was their personal home and that you were invading. There 'guests' that were staying there were very disgusting, one man trying to punch a female and the police getting involved. I never felt safe there. You had to provide your own toilet paper, there was no housekeeping, stunk of smoke everywhere, dirty and uncomfortable beds, aircon didnt work. Worst stay ever!!!!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Cool Cool Cool Place. Loved it here!

• 11th Sep 2014

Great place with Rad People. Super Friendly staff

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Bangladesh

The stay was fine. We were just staying the night on a layover and it worked perfectly for that. Not somewhere I would want to stay at for too long but it does the job!

Love this hostel! I will be back again, next time in South Florida!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

I loved the Atmosphere of this place! So much fun to just hangout around the pool!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Austria

More suited to older (30-40) crowds.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Good price for the night. Close to airport. Mia was helpful with instructions on what to do and how to get around which was great. Air conditioning wasn't working and no fan so i was roasting all night and wasn't comfortable. No towels. Kinda run down place but i guess that's what you get for the price. Some strange racist dude staying there for a long time now. He's a little unhinged.

Everyone was friendly and they play music all the time. We had fun.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

place has a nice setup. converted apartment building so each dorm has its own kitchen. super convenient when traveling on the cheap

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Costa Rica

fun place with a community feel. everyone that works there is nice.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Armenia

Stayed here on a layover between flight and cruise. Super close to the airport and can walk to port. wish I had more time to check out fort lauderdale.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Bangladesh

Late check in was easy. Basic and clean accomodations. Social place.

• 9th Aug 2014