The Chocolate Five star Hostel and Crew House Reviews

506 SE 16th Str, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Nice place close to the airport. the public bus is very convenient and the stops are walking distance from the hostel. I stayed in a dorm room and it was quite nice. I enjoyed the pool and the movie night on thursday. Would come back.

• Ukraine

We thought the hostel was great because of the atmosphere, the room set up and the overall community. The room was complete it had a kitchen which was really useful since we l like to cook. The staff was friendly and they had a Hindu theme party with free food. The free wifi and parking is a plus. I recommend it to other backpackers.

• South Korea

Cool place to stay in Ft Lauderdale. Combination location, nice clean rooms. The other travelers are very nice and the girl who works there is also helpful.

• 10th Apr 2014

A lot of fun. They were having a party the night I was there. Good time for sure.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Came for a layover between flight and my cruise. Everyone was really social. Wish I had more time to stay.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Crazy people partying every evening and every night. However you dont hear much of it in the rooms, so i could sleep through. The rooms are very well planned out, but dirty. The mattresses are very old, ithe bathroom is not cleaned every day I guess too.

Just what I was looking for. Great group of people!

• 30th Mar 2014

The idea of the place is good. It has a pool, good open common area and kithcen in blocks of 2 rooms. but The office there only from 9 to 12 and from 15 till 21 which was sometimes not comfortable. Crazy partying crowd drinks and screams a lot in the yard every evening. However, the rooms are on the quiet side. We stayed in 2 different blocks and our naighbors didn't care about doing their dishes and cleaning after themself in bathroom or shared area. That was the most annoying thing.

this hostel rocks. it has been one of the coolest in the USA. my dorm was nice and it had everything any traveler would need. the parties were nice. met a lot of really nice people. the girls working there are very helpful and accommodating. definitely a nice party hostel, the chocolate was one of the highlights of my trip across the USA, hope to see you soon guys !!!!!

• 24th Feb 2014

I traveled with my girlfriend and our private room was more than we expected for a hostel. It had a king size bed and a kitchen in the apartment, it was clean and nicely decorated. We also enjoyed the pool area and the friendliness of both the staff and fellow travelers.

• 24th Feb 2014

We liked the Chocolate for the nice ambiance and all the cool people we met, aside from the inexpensive price for Fort Lauderdale, the room was clean and it had everything we needed for a few nights. The hostel is well located and the free parking and wifi is a plus.

• Austria

nice atmosphere and nice clean rooms. the location is quite convenient, close to the main touristic spots in the Fort Lauderdale. I enjoyed the pool and the other travelers were quite friendly. Would recommend.

• 24th Feb 2014

Bad location, bad service, but what is really unacceptable is cleanliness. Filthy room. Had used toilet paper under the bed! Missing bulbs and maintenance!

The rooms are awesome! We are a couple but stayed it two seperate male/female dorms. Rooms clean, spacious, incl a kitchen and the beds were comfortable. The guests were friendly and staff helpful. However, a couple of the long term guests were very loud, dodgy and obnoxious (in a bad way) when they were out, all the guests were socializing and having fun, when they got back everyone left (these guys threw glass bottles, yelling, turned themselves on fire etc) unpredictable. Bring earplugs!!

Hi The hostel charged me twice for the night I spent there!!! they charged me on feb 5, 10 days before I arrived there!!! and then, when I stayed there, I payed again, I did not know that they had already charged me. I am still waiting for an answer from Hostel World and the hostel and the refund. Appreciate your help

Probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Suitable for transient workers, but definitely NOT a travellers' hostel.

Good experience for us .

the staff was really friendly, the dorm room was nicely decorated and the other travelers were very friendly and welcoming. the hostel is only 15 minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale airport and there is a bus that takes you to the hostel for cheap.

• 20th Jan 2014

It was a nice experience. I really like my room for the price and its location was ideal. Will definitely recommend and come back.

• 20th Jan 2014

first time in ft lauderdale and I am glad I stayed at the Chocolate. There was a lot of nice people around, my private room had a nice and comfortable bed and I enjoyed the movie night! Would recommend it to any fellow backpackers

« first « Prev 1 2 3