The Chocolate Five star Hostel and Crew House Reviews

506 SE 16th Str, Fort Lauderdale, USA

this hostel was a great stay. the bedroom was comfortable and clean I had a a very good time meeting other travelers.

• 16th Jun 2014

nice place, rooms are very private even if you stay at the dorm. the set up is quite nice, kitchen, bathroom common area. we also enjoyed the ambiance of the outdoor garden as well as meeting some very interesting characters. the sfaff arranged a personalized guide of places to go in town, since we were only staying for 2 nights.

• 15th Jun 2014

Overall my stay at the chocolate was great, the sleeping accommodation was clean and very comfortable. Mia was really cool and inviting. I recommend to any traveler

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

By itself, the hostel was nice. The only thing i didn't like , were some of the people (older men) who were hanging around their the most of the time. A thing i would change or (in their case renew it) would be the map of the hostel and the sights around it. It was hard to read and i wasn't always sure, where the things are located.

• 7th Jun 2014

the hostel was more than we expected for sure. there is a very inviting hostel community, made up of people from all over, some students some locals and some travelers, we really enjoyed that. the outdoor garden and pool are really great to hang. the vibe is very chill. my room was clean and housekeeping was really helpful as well as the staff. I liked the feel that it was not a corporate kind of hostel but more family oriented.

• 25th May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Chocolate Hostel, I was not expecting so much of Ft Lauderdale but I ended up having a better time than in South Beach, much more laidback and relax, the hostel is close to the main attactions in the city, close to airport and to the party area of downtown. stayed in a female only dorm. I was pleased with the size of the room and the facilities.The atmosphere at the hostel is quite inviting easy to meet people an socialize, The girl and staff working there is very nice.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Philippines

Absolutely one of the best stays in a hostel I have ever experienced! Staff are great, the hostel is clean, there is nice kitchen in the dorm. people very friendly we love the patio by the pool. Room is a good size the pool is nice and has lots of deck chairs, The atmosphere is cool, the music, the people, and there is always something to do!

• 23rd May 2014
  • Ecuador

Thank you for all the good service!

• 26th Apr 2014

At the Chocolate Hostel I just felt welcomed!. I must say the sunny sunsets at the pool enlightenment my days as a guest . The service was outstanding as I am a surfer from Hawaii I felt so close to the ocean. The room was well decorated, I have stayed in different Hostels but truthfully I hadn't felt so welcomed. Thanks to the GM Mia, Having a laundry room really made my stay comfortable.

• Uruguay

nice hostel, the dorm was clean and big, lockers kitchen and free internet. the hostel is well located and the other travelers are very nice as well as the people that work there. close to the airport and main places in the city.

• Greece

Nice and clean accommodations for the rate. very well located. I particularly liked the fact that if you wanted to socialize and meet people you could just hang out outside by the pool area or if you wanted peace and quiet you could just go to your room. the night I arrived they were playing a movie on a projector outside and it was quite nice. Would recommend to any traveler.

• Argentina

the hostels location was ideal, close to the airport and downtown area of ft lauderdale. I stayed at a dorm with other travelers and had a very nice time. The girl that works there is very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the look of the hostel .

• South Africa

nice place for travelers. I stayed at a private room with a big bed, the apartment was spacious and it had its own kitchen which is really nice after being traveling in a car on a roadtrip. The atmosphere is quite inviting we liked the pool area during the day and enjoyed the music playing outside.

• South Africa

The beddings had holes and ver wery old, the mattress was scurfy and dirty and a band had there rehersal in a room next to ours till 2am. so sleeping was a big problem. never again.

Nice place close to the airport. the public bus is very convenient and the stops are walking distance from the hostel. I stayed in a dorm room and it was quite nice. I enjoyed the pool and the movie night on thursday. Would come back.

• Ukraine

We thought the hostel was great because of the atmosphere, the room set up and the overall community. The room was complete it had a kitchen which was really useful since we l like to cook. The staff was friendly and they had a Hindu theme party with free food. The free wifi and parking is a plus. I recommend it to other backpackers.

• South Korea

Cool place to stay in Ft Lauderdale. Combination location, nice clean rooms. The other travelers are very nice and the girl who works there is also helpful.

• 10th Apr 2014

A lot of fun. They were having a party the night I was there. Good time for sure.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

Came for a layover between flight and my cruise. Everyone was really social. Wish I had more time to stay.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Crazy people partying every evening and every night. However you dont hear much of it in the rooms, so i could sleep through. The rooms are very well planned out, but dirty. The mattresses are very old, ithe bathroom is not cleaned every day I guess too.

View all Fort Lauderdale Hostels