The Island Hotel Bali Reviews

Jl. Padma Utara, Legian, Kuta, Kuta, Indonesia

Nice hostel! Great place to meet people, really love the cafe and the common areas. Great breakfast, free massage. The place felt sort of like a new hip mansion, v clean n well maintained. hot water down 1 day though..small issue. I didnt really like that the location of the hostel was tucked at the end of a alley about 50m away from main road. Nt so great to walk alone at night. Other than that the location is a gem just about 10mins to legian beach, lots of restaurants n shops around.

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Genuinely cannot recommend this place enough. I wouldn't stay anywhere else

• 2nd Dec 2014

Had a very good stay. The swimpool is nice! Good to met new people. It's clean and comfortable. Only wifi doesn't work very good, but that's Bali.

• 21st Nov 2014

Great place but you will have to walk a little to get to the beach. I only stayed one night but I loved the beds and there was a pool right in front of your dorm. Enough showers and toilets for everybody. Delicious breakfast. VERY friendlich stuff, they also speak very good english. Would love to come back one day.

Good price for what you get. Breakfast: toasted bread(really good), marmelade, honey, fruit and one cup of coffee. Neat facilities, comfy beds, not for people with a light sleep though. only the bathroom was a little mouldy. all in all good place if you want to stay in legian

From the minute I arrived, the staff always had a smile.....even after my 1000 questions. Sorry Sam. :) Love the bed set up with my own little bit of privacy and was really comfortable. Luckily had a great group of guests staying at the time so lots of laughs to be had. See you back here soon The Island.

The Island Hotel Bali is a very good place to stay. The dorm was very comfortable and clean. Although it is a 12 bed dorm room it was quiet at night. The breakfast was very nice and the staff is extremely friendly! I really enjoyed my time there and can definitely recommend it! Thanks a lot! :)

• 7th Nov 2014

This was far & away the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I am only upset by the fact i came here on my last night, I wished it had been my first. The place was so cute and really welcoming as we're the amazing staff. They went out of their way to help me feel welcome, as I was travelling alone. It is obvious by all the people I met who have stayed at The Island many times just how cool the whole vibe is. There are many hotels in this area but this fantastic place really stands out. Loved it!!

• 3rd Nov 2014

The hostel is located at the end of a very narrow and dark alley. You don't want to walk through it alone at night. The staff were quite rude, aside from the cleaning ladies. Atmosphere is decent depending on the people staying there. Dorms are pretty clean and set up nice with the curtains. Feels private. Wifi is usually down and non-existent anywhere else but the cafe. It has a pool but overall not worth its price. There are better hostels out there.

Great hostel, slightly off track when arriving in the dark but after a walk around it's fairly easy to find. Good pool facilities and the en-suite bedroom was great value for money. Common room / bar makes it easy to meet people.

Nice place, walking distance to the beach. Plenty of bars/restaurants/shops nearby. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast a bit spartan. Room was clean, but sheets were really old and grey-colored (but smelled ok). The only thing I wouldn't recommend is the free welcome massage: i got badly scratched on my arm and the oil they put was really stinky.

Great place with a good atmosphere. The beds are extremely comfy and I wasn't backpacking! Lockers are big enough to hold a carry on suitcase plus there is a container for each person underneath the beds. The pool is a great place to hang out and meet people and a welcome escape from the beach. The only downside for me was that the communal bathroom downstairs wasn't very clean - particularly the sinks although I saw the cleaners go in every morning. I would definitely recommend this place.

Receptionist very friendly but breakfast lady was very rude and short. Nice pool, facilities, poor wifi - overall enjoyed our stay in a private room, clean and simple even provided shampoo and towels .

• 7th Oct 2014

Charming hotel that is beautifully decorated, and well kept. Nestled in a sleepy, quiet street, in Legian neighbourhood, it is within walking distance of the action: beach, restaurants, and shops. An excellent choice for a stay in Bali. Budget friendly, good food at the coffee shop. Lovely pool and ample common space to unwind. Friendly staff. Rooms/dorms are super clean. Highly recommend.

• 6th Oct 2014

I had a fabulous time here--it's comfortable and easy to meet people. The pool and decks are really nice and make it worth the money!

Great stay... again! Just back from the Gili's and had my last night in Bali before heading home. Thanks for organizing my boat ride to Gili's Sam, went perfectly. : ) Love The Island and all the crew there. See you again soon. x

Good place, although is kind of hard to find it and you have to walk to the places you want to go.

The Island Hotel is a good hostel. Relatively pricey and certainly not the best hotel in south-east Asia as I read somewhere else. Somewhat hard to find. Staff was not as friendly as I'm used to in Indonesia. Wi-fi does not work most of the times, staff is indifferent about it. Dorms were clean and are beds are made up daily. Guests are provided with lockers, which is the only line of defence against thieves. I think the hostel is overpriced, but that's probably because of the pool.

Excellent place. Met the best people here. Staff were great, the cafe was convenient and the hostel is situated quietly in the street of Kuta.

Excellent hostel, clean and attractive. The pool is fantastic and the food is also pretty good. My only complaint is unfortunately in the property next door their is a rooster that starts crowing at about 4am and does not stop until sun-down. It is a loud and persistent bird that even my ear plugs could not block out. This is unfortunate for the hostel as there is little they can do about this so I suggest avoiding rooms 109 and 110 that are closest to the rooster.

« first « Prev 1 2 3