The Island Hotel Bali Reviews

Jl. Padma Utara, Legian, Kuta, Indonesia

Room was old and dirty. Pictures you see were taken years ago.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Belgium

This place is a little heaven in the middle of busy Bali. Perfectly located where everything happens, it is protected enough from the crowd: perfect compromised between party and quiet. Hostel is beautiful, super clean, dorm is the best I stayed in with space, comfy beds, privacy & lockers; & there s super nice common areas: ROOFTOP BAR, POOL and a good restaurant with nice vibes in the evening. Super easy to meet people here and the staff is absolutely wonderful of kindness. I m amazed. BRAVO.

Loved my stay at the island backpackers! The pool was so nice after a day of surfing or diving. The beds were the comfiest beds I've had in a while. The staff was quick to respond to my emails, and even picked me up from the airport when I arrived 2 hours late! The walk to the beach was like 10mins. The only issue was the WiFi, it was weak and cut out often when I was in the middle of online homework. Aside from that I will definitely be back here soon.

We were a group of 5 girls and we really enjoyed our time at the island hostel. It is possibly a bit on the pricier side but I would say worth it for the pool and pool area. Really chill but also good for going out in the evening. Would stay here again!

This is a beautiful hostel with clean, modern rooms and a gorgeous pool and common areas. Their restaurant is nice and the prices are fair. Christie who works in reception is very friendly and helpful, but some of the other staff was actually unhelpful. We were disappointed that the doors remain unlocked and "security" is lax-- there are lockers, but anyone can come and go as they please. It's also a bit of a trek to the beach or clubs, but nice if you want somewhere quiet and peaceful.

Had such a great time here! As soon as I checked in I met a groups of guys from the US and Aussie girls who I ended up travelling with for a week. Great social guests. Loved the pool. Had no issue with the bathrooms though they were great. Food really great value and taste. Would definitely recommend. Super easy from airport.

Hostel in walking distance from the beach. The pool area is really nice and there is a good vibe. The place is clean and the stuff really great. Legian is not the most pitoresque place there is but it's ok for partying and to make your first experience on a surf board.

What a place! The hotel is fantastic, amazing pool and plenty of space to tan around it too! Breakfast is complimentary and to a high standard, as is the lunch and dinner menu which is as well priced as you will find outside the hotel, if not cheaper without quality being compromised! Rooms clean and a locker provided for valuables too! Originally booked for 4 nights but we extended to 8. The location means you can zip around kuta / seminyak / Bali... Highly recommended!

very nice hostel with friendly staff and in a quite alley. The rooms are spacious and clean. There is a nice chill area around the pool where it's easy to meet people. I would definitely recommend this place.

For us this hotel was a great stop off point to relax and recouperate after the 17hr flight from England :) very relaxed but professional atmosphere, great food and drink and in a nice location. The rooms were very clean and well equipped. We wanted to go back on the way home but it was all booked up (because it's fab) :D

• 26th May 2015

The hostel was fantastic, very nice staff, great food, very clean and great atmosphere!

• 7th May 2015

Guys if you want party, dont go to that hostel, is really far away, and I got lost 2 times :(

The pool was great, and the hostel looked beautiful. The crowd was much calmer than I expected for Kuta. The people that stayed there did not seem like much fun to go out. They were just staying there cause it was a beautiful, relatively cheap hostel.

Such a lovely hotel, really friendly staff, really clean and beautiful pool area. Great if you're looking for a more quiet experience when u sleep in busy kuta, on a path just off the main road, close to the shops and about 20 minute walk to the main night life strip. Would suggest not turning up after dark alone as it's down a little pathway away from crowds

Nice place with friendly people. You can escape the noise of Kuta in this little Oasis

• 29th Mar 2015

This is the second time I have stayed here and it will always be my first choice for this area, it is handy to / from the airport. It is a hidden gem.

Nice Hostel, awesome pool and stuff! Nice restaurant with breakfast! Close to the beach and 25 minutes walk to Sky Garden. Super clean and cosy dorms and privates!! Feels like home every time

The Island is a great place to stay if you'd like a hostel that feels like a hotel. The facilities are excellent and very well maintained. The pool is beautiful and the rooms are of a high quality. The atmosphere is a little disconnected compared to other places I've stayed. The staff are a bit off hand with directions and help, so expect to do most of that on your own. Overall great value.

It's just not my kind of hostel. I stayed in the mixed dorms for 3 nights and had 1 good night's sleep there (mainly because the first 2 nights I barely slept from noisy ppl at odd hours of the night). The hotel is aesthetically pleasing and the food is great. But the bathroom near the dorm upstairs is filthy and smelly. There were blackouts each day I was there, one lasted for about 3 hours (no wifi, no lights) :(