The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Nice hostel right in town with a pool. Definitely a party hostel and therefore, first floor room on the corner was extremely loud ... didn't make the best room for waking up for sunrise at Angkor Wat.

Had an excellent time here! It's very sociable and in a prime location. The staff are great, especially Elliot who is hilarious and makes sure everyone has a great time. It is a little bit more expensive than other hostels but would definitely stay here again

nice hostel, nicer than the one in siem reap if it comes to having a pool (Phnom Penh has none). The rooms were comparable and the staff was very nice. The service and the kindness of the employees was very nice. also good food and drinks at their own 'rooftop' bar.

This is a cool Hostel. Especially with the pool and rooftop bar. I did have an issue whilst staying here and talked to the manager as soon as I could. He was very professional and pro-active. He did his best to correct the incident and I appreciated this greatly. This chain also has a beautiful guest house around the corner from the Monkey so if you prefer a bit more privacy The Naga is for you. Great staff.

compared to mad monkey in Phnom Penh the cleanliness and whole interior is bad! we expeted the same quality of room but it wasn't at all... :(

I cannot express how incredible this place was. I enjoyed it and the city so much I extended my stay by one day (I would have for longer but only had so many days to travel). You meet so many cool people there and have a blast. The rooftop beach bar is pretty tasty for lunch and a great place to start out your night. With the hot and humid torture, it's great they have a pool so you can just hang out, drink and lounge to great music. Will stay here again if I come back to tour more temples.

Stayed 3 nights at The Mad Monkey. It's a nice hostel with a good vibe. The pool is a bonus and the sunbed sofas which were always available. The staff were ok, we weren't told much when we checked in but they were helpful when we asked for info on tours etc. The room was good, clean and safe and the rooftop beach bar was very novel and nice to chill out in. Would recommend and stay there in the future.

Great party environment with fun grenade scoreboard. The less than ideal showers beside the toilet are kind of gross. Drunk loud travelers can become kind of annoying when they barge into the room at night. Staff are happy and helpful

As all Mad Monkey locations, the Siem Reap location is great! really nice pool

Just like the Mad Monkey hostel in Phnom Penh, this is also a very very nice hostel. Nice rooftop beach bar. A pool. Good vibe in the beachbar. Many different things to eat. Close to the center and pubstreet. Big lockers under the beds. Nice staff. Stayed only for 1 night. Next time i visit, i will stay more nights for sure!

One of the best hostel I went in my life. Big pool, nice beach bar on the rooftop, great staff, close to the pub street and city center. I loved all the time I was there!

Location is perfect. Value for money.

Great location, only 5 minute walk from the buzz of Pub Street's bars and restaurants! Staff extremely helpful and friendly and the swimming pool was well needed after a day of wandering Angkor Wat! Food is expensive but very good, beach bar is always lively and has an event each night!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

If you're looking to meet people is the place where to go. Loads of people around the pool by day and everyone is at the rooftop bar by night. It's 10 minutes walk to bar street and the market.

Had to move out of hostel they put us in another hostel as our room had a mosquito nest and smelt like something had died in the room !

Good hostel, liked it a lot, best hostel in southeast asia i've stayed so far, a bit loud if u dont like partying but why wouldn't you do that?! 😊

Awesome hostel, sometimes attracting the wrong people though and the noise is quite annoying until 12pm. Would definitely stay here again and again though. We left our bags here for 2 weeks as we went across Cambodia, and then picked it up again when we stayed here the 2nd time round. Staff are always so great and accomodating!

this is a party hostel, so hopefully you won't be so uncomfortable like me when you're getting waked up by a bunch of drunk kids in the middle of the night who are shouting and singing in the room and trying to convince every random sleeping person to go party with them no respect....

Had such an amazing stay, met so many great people there and the staff were so helpful!!

Great spot to meet ppl. And party. Roof top beach bar, a lot of fun! For a good Sleep not the spot, late night noise early morning construction. Bathroom in our room was sub par, but Overall we had a great stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5