The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I absolutely loved my stay. We booked an extra night. The bar is great for meeting people and has a great atmosphere. It's a close walking distance to pub street. My room was very clean. Everything worked fine. I would recommend.

• 23rd Jun 2015

I'm all for party and having fun but there is a limit to what I can take. The room and bathroom were straight nasty and smelly. I never saw anyone come in and clean. The staff at reception are lazy and not interested in their job. You better have some sleeping pills because the havoc and chaos at night is deafening. There are better hostels at cheaper prices..

The staff are unfriendly and bordering on rude. Please and thank you go a long way. The pool, bar and food were good but the room/hostel was crawling in cockroaches. This was not just because it was Cambodia... As any other hotel/hostel we stayed in didn't have such problems.

• 21st Jun 2015

Great hostel, great for meeting people as they have seperate bar area and pool. Clean enough bathrooms would reccomend staying here

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! I stayed in a private room which was ok but the atmosphere here is what definitely made me fall in love. Nice size pool with a bar next to it. There's another bar on the roof with sand which makes it fun. Events every single night. Not far from Pub St if you wanted to party after pregaming at the hostel. I met so many credible people!

We paid for a superior/deluxe double room, it was clean when we arrived. During our stay however we had various infestations of bugs. Our shower was broken and smelled of rust. The upstairs bar was a great place to hang out and meet other travers. The food was also great, but it took over 30min to get our food each time we ordered. Our friends stayed in a 6 person dorm and their room was nicer than ours.

Really good social atmosphere. Pool area is awesome for meeting people as well as the rooftop beach bar. Pretty decent food and not too expensive. Would definitely stay here again.

Be prepared for a party hostel. If that's what you're looking for its a great stay. The bar and pool are a lot of fun and the staff encourages you to have a good time. However it's pretty loud at night if you're trying to sleep early because of an early morning at the temples.

great location, walking distance from night markets and happy pizzas. tuktuks are always available outside and i would suggest hiring one for the day and visit the temples of Angkor. would stay here again, pool is great and the rooftop sand bar was great, free beer and free shots never hurt anybody, various events during the week. had a little air condition issue but aside from that everything was great

Great hostel. perfect location to walk about the city and the staff were great. . Best western food we had in south east Asia if looking for a break from the noodles and rice. great beach themed roof bar

• 2nd Jun 2015

Awesome rooftop bar and great staff that really love their job. Great place to meet people as a solo backpacker and everything is relatively clean, overall a great place and the pool is an added plus!

Amazing pool area, roof bar and location. It's a short walk to pub street at night or the markets and restaurants during the day. This place has a resort look with a backpacker vibe. I'd definitely stay here again.

If you like a party spot, this place is live. Although my stay was very brief, there were themed nights for every night of the week. If it is too hot for travel midday, there's an in-ground pool. Set us up with a Tuk-tuk and made our stay easy and seamless.

If you go to Siem Reap, stay here. Awesome spot across the street from where the Bangkok bus drops you off. Bar gets rowdy up top, rooms are cleaned every day, and great pool area below. Wish I had more time to stay here.

We loved our stay at mad monkey! It was clean and in a great location a short walk from the night market and pub street, and a short tuktuk ride away from the temples. The hostel has a great party atmosphere but it was still fairly quiet when we were trying to sleep. We found an awesome tuktuk driver who took us all around! His name is tom and he hangs around the entrance to mad monkey. The side of his tuktuk says "Tom 25". If you see him take his tuktuk! He is so friendly and helpful :)

The food was very expensive and staff not that great at giving advice on things to do or places to go. I paid extra for a private room as it was halfway through a long trip. My bathroom was filled with ants. And the power cut out a few times, no air conditioning and no way to open window. The pool is AWESOME though. Definitely necessary on a hot day. Just wish the rooms had a little more insulation. Can hear everything outside, even at 5 a.m.

In the whole time I stayed at the Mad Monkey in Siem Reap (5 days, 4 nights) they NEVER cleaned our room. I even asked why was it so different from the Phnom Penh MM, because I stayed there too and the rooms were unbelievably clean. I booked this hostel after staying in the other one expecting I was going to get the same standards and same thing, but I didn't. Starting for the exchange rate (4,000 in PP and 4,100 in SR), the food and even the staff are much better trained and helpful.

Fantastic value for money hostel, friendly staff and simple rooms!

• 13th May 2015

Staying at The Mad Monkey was the best decision i've made! You get to meet a lot of people. It's near to Pub Street and staff are very friendly. The bed and lockers are big.

Amazing hostel with great staff and great pool!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5