The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Brill hostel in good location on a budget. And the pool was an added bonus.

Absolutely loved it here! The rooftop bar is amazing, met so many great people there. Hostel is clean, staff is so friendly and they have a pool! It's definitely the place to be, people from other hostels in town hang out there as well. Almost always fully booked so make sure you book in advance

Second time staying here. Stayed in a private room before which was okay. This time, I tried staying in a dorm room. I think they're probably renovating or something. They had to transfer me from an 8-room dorm to a... 12?-room, I think. Just wish I wasn't placed in the top bunk which was too close to the ceiling I couldn't sit up straight. But it's cool. Had a good time staying there.

My stay was only 1 night down from 2, I cancelled one night on arrival with no problem. Huge bunk beds, storage drawers under beds, cold air con, two bathrooms in the Gorilla dorm, 10 or 12 beds I cant remember, had no problem sleeping. Room wasn't immaculate but was not shabby either, have stayed in much worse in Australia! Lovely rooftop bar with good food, and nice pool downstairs with beanbags! Computers for use downstairs, will deffo use Mad Monkey again elsewhere in Cambodia

A Great options to stay in siem reap

Booked a twin private ensuite that was without doubt the worst I've been in around Asia. No plug socket in the room, horrible outdated furniture, and the bathroom was awful. We immediately checked out and moved somewhere a lot nicer for the same price. Shame though as we stayed in the mad monkey in Phnom Penh which was awesome. The pool area looked really sociable and good so its a shame we didn't get involved in that. So I wouldn't recommend the privates here, maybe dorms are better

Best hostel i have ever stayed!

Nice staff and excellent environment. Cleanliness could improve. Great swimming pool, rooftop bar and activities.

Absolutely great place to stay in Siem Reap. Perfect location, friendly staff, fun atmosphere, and everything as promised. Love that we were also supporting the community. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• 21st Nov 2014

Overall a good hostel to stay at. No cons to add :) great especially for solo travellers.

It's a nice hostel, especially if you like parting, the bar is amazing to meet new people, and the swimming pool is good to chill out... I got a big problem with bed bugs there, not in the bed, but in the blankets, it made me dislike the hostel, but I need to admite it had a great atmosphere. And the first room they put me into, had a very bad bathroom, wich the light was almost like a bad joke...g

The rooms are bare bones, but the hostel is really fun and in a good location. The pool downstairs and the beach bar on the roof are great. Even the food is not bad. The best part of this place is the staff – they were always so helpful, and they even went out of their way when our luggage got lost.

BEST hostel I ever stayed in :)

Great place to stay! The staff was very helpful and the atmosphere was great. Tina helped me out with a driver to and around Angkor Wat, which was a great help and I had a great time. Thanks for everything!

Bugs on the computer chairs. Feels like a spring break party boys resort, than a rest place near one of the world wonders.

Amazing stay here! Basic dorms and bathrooms aren't great but you pay for the atmosphere. One of the best hostels we've stayed in - great bar and pool. Highly recommended.

My wife and I stayed here 4 days in a private room. The Top Banana rooftop bar is awesome bringing not only fellow hostel dwellers but other travelers as well. It's a great place to meet friends, share travel stories, and give advice as to where to go and what to eat, etc. Additionally, the pool was clean and refreshing and the drinks are cheap! The food menu is also cheap and delicious! The staff was also very friendly and helpful. Location is close to Pub Street and great restaurants nearby.

If you want a mildew room, without aircondition and more Sand as on a Coast. Go there... Altough Please Backpacker!! dont go there if you want to get in touch with People like you and me. The whole Hostel is for 19 year old springbreaker. Never again!

Great party vibe, beds are huge, bathroom water smelt like iron. Nice to have a pool area to socialise around and bar crawl starts at mad monkey so it is busy most evenings. Staff really friendly, only thing is dorms don't lock or close ever

• 26th Oct 2014

It is a very cool place and the staff is nice. It is definitely a party place, so avoid it if you are not in that mood! The pool is great and they have bars, bikes for rent and mostly anything you need. I wasn't so much on the party mood, so it wasn't so great for me. Dorms are small, dark and with poor ventilation. We ran out of water one night and I had to beg the staff to bring a bucket to our toilet, since it was getting stinky. It took some begging but they finally did it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3