The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The food was very expensive and staff not that great at giving advice on things to do or places to go. I paid extra for a private room as it was halfway through a long trip. My bathroom was filled with ants. And the power cut out a few times, no air conditioning and no way to open window. The pool is AWESOME though. Definitely necessary on a hot day. Just wish the rooms had a little more insulation. Can hear everything outside, even at 5 a.m.

In the whole time I stayed at the Mad Monkey in Siem Reap (5 days, 4 nights) they NEVER cleaned our room. I even asked why was it so different from the Phnom Penh MM, because I stayed there too and the rooms were unbelievably clean. I booked this hostel after staying in the other one expecting I was going to get the same standards and same thing, but I didn't. Starting for the exchange rate (4,000 in PP and 4,100 in SR), the food and even the staff are much better trained and helpful.

Fantastic value for money hostel, friendly staff and simple rooms!

• 13th May 2015

Staying at The Mad Monkey was the best decision i've made! You get to meet a lot of people. It's near to Pub Street and staff are very friendly. The bed and lockers are big.

Amazing hostel with great staff and great pool!

Best hostel in siem reap!

• 6th May 2015

Great hostel atmosphere. However the water quality seems to be a little poor. There's a metallic smell for the showers and taps.

I loved Mad Monkey Siem Reap. The atmosphere was great.

Really good place to meet people and have a fun few nights. Swimming pool is nice to relax by during the day in the heat.

This hostel is definitely a party. Don't come here if you want to fall asleep before midnight. After midnight though, the place goes dead silent as the bar closes and you move to the bars (or go to bed if you want). A lot of people planned to stay a few nights and ended up staying like a week.

Nice hostel right in town with a pool. Definitely a party hostel and therefore, first floor room on the corner was extremely loud ... didn't make the best room for waking up for sunrise at Angkor Wat.

Had an excellent time here! It's very sociable and in a prime location. The staff are great, especially Elliot who is hilarious and makes sure everyone has a great time. It is a little bit more expensive than other hostels but would definitely stay here again

nice hostel, nicer than the one in siem reap if it comes to having a pool (Phnom Penh has none). The rooms were comparable and the staff was very nice. The service and the kindness of the employees was very nice. also good food and drinks at their own 'rooftop' bar.

Good location, good security, good facilities (bar/pool). Staff were alright not great.

loved this hostel and it was so nice that there was a swimming pool coz it's so warm in siem reap. its a 10 minute walk from the pubstreet and nightmarket. rooftop bar is good for pre gaming and they serve really good food! they can also book tours (sunrise angkor wat) and bustickets for you. staff is really friendly. they only thing is that it can take a while till your food is ready, we waited for a hour, but they gave us a free drink for it. Would recommend this hostel to other people!

This is a cool Hostel. Especially with the pool and rooftop bar. I did have an issue whilst staying here and talked to the manager as soon as I could. He was very professional and pro-active. He did his best to correct the incident and I appreciated this greatly. This chain also has a beautiful guest house around the corner from the Monkey so if you prefer a bit more privacy The Naga is for you. Great staff.

compared to mad monkey in Phnom Penh the cleanliness and whole interior is bad! we expeted the same quality of room but it wasn't at all... :(

I cannot express how incredible this place was. I enjoyed it and the city so much I extended my stay by one day (I would have for longer but only had so many days to travel). You meet so many cool people there and have a blast. The rooftop beach bar is pretty tasty for lunch and a great place to start out your night. With the hot and humid torture, it's great they have a pool so you can just hang out, drink and lounge to great music. Will stay here again if I come back to tour more temples.

Great hostel for meeting people and going out. And I would recommend going out every night your there as the bar on the rooftop keeps going till 1/2am which I've been told you can still hear in your room. Rooms are fine, clean decent enough size. One of the best hostels I've stayed in for social atmosphere and going out. And a nice pool and lounge area to chill out

Stayed 3 nights at The Mad Monkey. It's a nice hostel with a good vibe. The pool is a bonus and the sunbed sofas which were always available. The staff were ok, we weren't told much when we checked in but they were helpful when we asked for info on tours etc. The room was good, clean and safe and the rooftop beach bar was very novel and nice to chill out in. Would recommend and stay there in the future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5