The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

It's a nice hostel, especially if you like parting, the bar is amazing to meet new people, and the swimming pool is good to chill out... I got a big problem with bed bugs there, not in the bed, but in the blankets, it made me dislike the hostel, but I need to admite it had a great atmosphere. And the first room they put me into, had a very bad bathroom, wich the light was almost like a bad joke...g

Great place to stay! The staff was very helpful and the atmosphere was great. Tina helped me out with a driver to and around Angkor Wat, which was a great help and I had a great time. Thanks for everything!

Bugs on the computer chairs. Feels like a spring break party boys resort, than a rest place near one of the world wonders.

Amazing stay here! Basic dorms and bathrooms aren't great but you pay for the atmosphere. One of the best hostels we've stayed in - great bar and pool. Highly recommended.

My wife and I stayed here 4 days in a private room. The Top Banana rooftop bar is awesome bringing not only fellow hostel dwellers but other travelers as well. It's a great place to meet friends, share travel stories, and give advice as to where to go and what to eat, etc. Additionally, the pool was clean and refreshing and the drinks are cheap! The food menu is also cheap and delicious! The staff was also very friendly and helpful. Location is close to Pub Street and great restaurants nearby.

If you want a mildew room, without aircondition and more Sand as on a Coast. Go there... Altough Please Backpacker!! dont go there if you want to get in touch with People like you and me. The whole Hostel is for 19 year old springbreaker. Never again!

It is a very cool place and the staff is nice. It is definitely a party place, so avoid it if you are not in that mood! The pool is great and they have bars, bikes for rent and mostly anything you need. I wasn't so much on the party mood, so it wasn't so great for me. Dorms are small, dark and with poor ventilation. We ran out of water one night and I had to beg the staff to bring a bucket to our toilet, since it was getting stinky. It took some begging but they finally did it.

It definitely lived up to the reputation as a party hostel. It was a little too much for me. Some of the people there weren't even there to see Ankor Wat. They just wanted to drink. The place was nice enough the population they cater to wasn't. It's interesting they have to post signs don't fondle each other in the pool, and you will be charged extra for vomiting.

Had a great stay here and met a bunch of great people. Party atmosphere and brilliant rooftop bar. Pool facilities great. Would definitely recommend

Fantastic hostel. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Mad monkey has a great atmosphere for meeting people and loads of fun, I planned to stay two night ended up staying 5

All the staff from cleaners to reception were super helpful and friendly. I believe the management assist an encourage non English speaking staff to learn English. It appears that most enjoy working there and that shows through with the way they interact with guests. I would suggest possibly a guest notice board where guest can leave messages for others and possibly seek a travel partner for taxis temple tours etc, many solo backpackers on a tight budget would find this helpful.

I wouldn´t stay anywhere else in Siem Riep! It has an amazing atmosphere and ALOT of activities. Siem Riep itself is actually expensive because it´s just touristy. The pool is an amazing addition the the hostel experience and the rooftop bar is great! They also help you book your mad monkey hostel in the other cities for discounted rates!

Came here just after MM in Phnom Pehn. This time had double room, was very dark and the lock on bathroom door didnt work but clean and comfortable. Food was excellent and wait staff so friendly. The biggest let down was reception staff, no personality,1 lady in particular was so hard to approach,threw constant dirty looks and rolled her eyes when asked anything. Askes for extra bedsheet as it was cold with aircon and she seemed livid we even asked. Need hospitality training from their wait staff

Great place to stay, very social, awesome pool area and sand bar upstairs. Food is really good, rooms are clean and easy to walk around city from there. All round great place to stay!

Very social! Amazing roof terrace bar an pool, great for meeting new people :)

Great spot only 2 minute took took ride to pub street (the main area with bars and food) Pool and Roof top bar is awesome with beer pong and friendly events manager. Only downside: It was impossible to shower as the water barely ran (came out like fine mist) so if your ok with that then go for gold! P.s watch your shoes at the roof top bar as mine were stollen

Amazing rooftop bar with a very lively backpacker contingent. Rooms are clean and staff are helpful. Can't ask for much more.

had a great time here ,safe hostel and friendly staff .great pool,bar and bar food

This hostel definitely has a lot going on and is a great place to meet new friends. All in all, this was the best hostel I stayed in during my whole stay in Southeast Asia. The rooftop bar is a can't miss. It gives a great vantage point of Siem Reap and it has great vibes. This is definitely a party hostel though so if you are looking for something more quiet, I would go elsewhere.

I stayed in a Superior Twin & En suite for $20-25 per night. MM is great if you want to party HARD. I'd stayed at the MM in Phnom Penh and had a comfortable time there but the Siem Reap MM is for serious partiers (not that there's anything wrong with that, just be aware that that seems like the only objective of most of those who stay there). If the words 'cultural(?) booze cruise' sound like your thing, then this is your place! The room price is up there in comparison to others in the area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3