The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Great bar and amazing party-hostel! The food and drinks are expensive but good. Staff couldn't really speak much English and sold overpriced tickets.. The room was ok; really high top bunks though. There were lockers under the beds for the backpack. My room had very loud and annoying people so I got woken up several times..

Great, fun place for young people who want to party and see the sights.

LOUD at night. don't intend on getting any sleep on a Friday or Saturday night as people are running up and down the stairs drunk. (bar is on the fourth floor)

• 16th Jan 2015

Somewhat of a partyhostel but not to an extreme. The pool is lovely but the rooftop bar filled with sand is even better. Really relaxing place to hang out and meet fellow travellers. The food served at the rooftop was very tasty. The beds in the dorms were big and comfy. Each bed had its own lockers, light and wallsocket. The bathrooms in the dorms could have been a bit cleaner. Also stayed in a twinroom and there the bathroom was cleaner. Can get pretty loud at night so bring earplugs.

This place had a chill vibe with a bar as a the common area. They had ok food but it was a little pricey. The rooms were clean but no hot shower.

Staff went beyond the call od duty. Made us feel very welcome overall the best hostel experience I have ever had.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good atmosphere and great pool!!

Stayed here 4 nights. Too much emphasis on partying, started blasting music at 10am next to the dorms. Nice pool and rooftop beach bar with tasty food. Desk staff wasn't spectacular. If you're looking to party, this is great. If you're looking for a nice neutral chill out area without constant drinking, look elsewhere.

my first experience with a "party hostel". great experience! they keep everyone very entertained up at the bar. great staff!!! all good things. could be a little more secure but could be hard with the bar upstairs. over all a very fun experience! big comfy bunk beds!

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights. Overall it was a good fun hostel, although it was very noisy at night (and we had a private room away from the party area). Normally we would be fine with this, however, we planned to get up early both mornings for Angkor wat and sightseeing. So we didn't get much sleep... Our only complaints / issues revolved around other guests being loud and obnoxious, and the lack of enforcement of 'quieter hours' by the staff. Nice rooftop bar / restaurant.

We loved our stay here! we ended up extending for another 2 nights. Great party backpackers with an awesome rooftop bar with great staff working the bar up there! Has a good size pool also with bar next to it, 5 minute walk to pub street and plenty of shopping restaurants near by. Bathroom facilities could be better but we were not so fussy( had a lot worse )

The place to stay in Siem Reap!

Great place to stay, especially as a solo traveller - easy to meet people...the roof top bar is lovely - although the food was kinda pricey around $10 for brekkie...

Great few night there in a private, well run hostel and good crowd in the bar that doesnt stay open past midnight (you go to town after that!) Never used the pool but they run theme days and nights and felt it was good value.

Totally recommend. Place had a great feeling and was brilliantly run. 5 stars.

• 16th Dec 2014

Only downsize was the bathroom. We stayed in a double bed ensuite and the water from the shower had a very strong smell of iron. Every night they have a activity up in the bar, so if you're not up for partying don't expect to sleep easily because of the noise. Good pool, nice terrace and good food!

Great place to stay and meet people. Awesome party atmosphere, a little expensive but it's worth it for a night at least!

Brill hostel in good location on a budget. And the pool was an added bonus.

Absolutely loved it here! The rooftop bar is amazing, met so many great people there. Hostel is clean, staff is so friendly and they have a pool! It's definitely the place to be, people from other hostels in town hang out there as well. Almost always fully booked so make sure you book in advance

Second time staying here. Stayed in a private room before which was okay. This time, I tried staying in a dorm room. I think they're probably renovating or something. They had to transfer me from an 8-room dorm to a... 12?-room, I think. Just wish I wasn't placed in the top bunk which was too close to the ceiling I couldn't sit up straight. But it's cool. Had a good time staying there.