The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The showers and toilets were so disgusting just generally dirty and the showers dripped on you with cold water. The place had a cool vibe - sociable and relaxed, very chill. Kitchen stopped serving at 6 though which was disappointing - but the food was average. I'm rating high because pai ❤️

I had a GREAT time at the Mad Monkey. It's a party everyday so be ready. But it's fun and an easy way to meet people, especially if you're traveling solo. The food is delicious. The vietnamese coffee you can order in the morning, so yum! Yes, you should book this place asap. Also, there's a pool! #BROWNIEPOINTS

Was a really fun hostel with great staff, only thing I would say was that the pool needs to be open til later as it closes at 7.

the hostel is pretty, and the location is convinient. if you dont care about the noise, it's a good place to go.

Simply the best! So many cool people chilling at the pool, great music and an excellent rooftop bar experience! This is the place to be if you're looking for great times.

Really good hostel, I enjoyed my time here tremendously. I would recommend it to any person that wants to meet new people and add a party vibe to their traveling. However I certainly wouldn't recommend this place if you just wanted a quiet holiday, because you aren't going to get one there!

This is the coolest hostel in Siem Reap. The pool area and the bar in the rooftop make it worth staying there. The food is delicious too and at very good prices. It is located 5-10 minutes from Pub Street, which is the cool area in Siem Reap.

Great time here. Wifi doesn't work well in the rooms though. Pool is amazing, rooftop beach style bar is like no other, have to share one bathroom and shower between 8 people though which got annoying and this place is always full.

I absolutely loved my stay. We booked an extra night. The bar is great for meeting people and has a great atmosphere. It's a close walking distance to pub street. My room was very clean. Everything worked fine. I would recommend.

Wouldn't advise a private dorm

I'm all for party and having fun but there is a limit to what I can take. The room and bathroom were straight nasty and smelly. I never saw anyone come in and clean. The staff at reception are lazy and not interested in their job. You better have some sleeping pills because the havoc and chaos at night is deafening. There are better hostels at cheaper prices..

Overall, it was a pleasant stay except for the part where the water heater in our dormitory wasn't working. We have informed the management but was told that nothing will be done since we're checking out the next day itself. To me, regardless of whether we will be there longer or leaving the following day, what's broken has to be fixed. That's how it should be if you wanna earn a World Class Service standard.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The staff are unfriendly and bordering on rude. Please and thank you go a long way. The pool, bar and food were good but the room/hostel was crawling in cockroaches. This was not just because it was Cambodia... As any other hotel/hostel we stayed in didn't have such problems.

• 21st Jun 2015

Great hostel, great for meeting people as they have seperate bar area and pool. Clean enough bathrooms would reccomend staying here

Great hostel! Nice location next to city center and pub street! Facilities very good with an awesome swimming pool and a great rooftop bar. Staff spoke decent english and was very helpful. The atmosphere was very nice, and really easy to meet other travelers! Recommended!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! I stayed in a private room which was ok but the atmosphere here is what definitely made me fall in love. Nice size pool with a bar next to it. There's another bar on the roof with sand which makes it fun. Events every single night. Not far from Pub St if you wanted to party after pregaming at the hostel. I met so many credible people!

We paid for a superior/deluxe double room, it was clean when we arrived. During our stay however we had various infestations of bugs. Our shower was broken and smelled of rust. The upstairs bar was a great place to hang out and meet other travers. The food was also great, but it took over 30min to get our food each time we ordered. Our friends stayed in a 6 person dorm and their room was nicer than ours.

Really good social atmosphere. Pool area is awesome for meeting people as well as the rooftop beach bar. Pretty decent food and not too expensive. Would definitely stay here again.

Loved my stay here. Everything was great, the only issue was the bathroom could have been a big cleaner. But the hostel has a great atmosphere and is in a good location.

Great location to get around Siem Reap and to Angkor Wat. Bar is hopping, as is the nightlife in Siem Reap on Pub Street.