The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Really a hostel to party and drink, if you're there for other reasons and want to sleep at night as well, choose another hostel. Cool pool and hang out area tho, as well as great location.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in Asia. The pool is the best one I've seen in a hostel and is always kept clean. The party atmosphere is also on point. Special mention to Ellie, the manager, who is a really genuine and nice girl and who treated us really well while we were there.

The window was broken in our room and that let a lot of mosquitos in..2 night's in a row we had to get the room taped and sprayed..

• 27th Dec 2015

Great hostel, one of the best I've stayed at! I had a double room with AC for new years. Spent 5 nights here. Pool and pool bar is awesome! Rooftop beach bar is also awesome! Had a great time there! Super easy to get to know other people! Everything you need can be arranged at the hostel. 10 min walk to pub street. Clean room, great staff. Would definitely stay here again!

A great party hostel that also understands people's need to sleep! Theres enough space for people to do both :) staff are helpful and the place has an epic vibe. Security was ok although others would leave door unlocked, so auto lock doors would make this place perfect! A bit pricy also :(

Good vibe, location is great, staff were helpful and friendly. Located right in the middle of everything. Walking distance to most things. Drinks near the pool and rooftop bar!

Perfect location and a great place to meet people

Awesome hostel with a great atmosphere. The rooftop beach bar and the pool set this place apart. Would highly recommend.

Very friendly staff. Nice affordable food and drinks. Rooftop bar is the best i have ever been to and sweet pool! Much much better than phnom pen mad monkeya

-Rusty pipe. Could really taste & smell the rustiness of the water when brushing my teeth. -Broken toilet handle -Thin wall/ door. Could clearly hear other guests talking outside at the wee hours of the morning.

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

The hostel ia really dirty, rooms are full of dust, bed sheets are not clean, the staff is really not polite and dont help you. We left our clouthes for the laundy and they said it would be ready in the afternoon of the next day. When we went to the reception to take our clouthes back they said it was not ready and that they would only give us back in the next day. We also asked for a taxi and they booked us a tuk tuk. It was really bad for us, because we needed one CAR early in the morning.

Real party vibe, but you can still sleep fine if you want. Great facilities. Location is fine to, close to the centre and all the action, but not noisy at all.

Excellent hostel and the general staff were excellent as was the manager. I had an issue with losing my phone/ having it stolen but the manager helped with the CCTV and the phone was eventually returned to me. Good pool and rooftop bar but it is a 5-10 minute walk to the main pub street. That aside I can't complain.

Loved my stay here, what an awesome place to kick off my travels. Rooms were clean, pool was clean, the set up was great. It was so easy to meet people. The sun beds on the balcony were such a great touch. Friendly staff, willing to help you with anything and everything! Would recommend 100%. Best place in Siem Reap for sure!

One of my favorite hostels! The workers are so nice, and they have something upstairs on the rooftop bar that makes it super easy to meet people! Every night I stayed I had so much fun. The pool is great for the heat and the rooftop bar has great food and is a fun place to chill and meet people. Such a good hostel!! Stay here!!

Expensive but the pool was nice and the bar was fun and we met some fun people - however the shower wasn't great but the rooms where nice.

one of the best places ive ever stayed, a very fun hostel with a great atmosphere

• 5th Dec 2015

Staff was at times not that helpful. They offer tuk tuk tours, which is good but the prices are not so cheap (I moved later to another hostel and they offered much better prices). Beds are quite big and have locker, reading light and plug. However the door of my locker was extremely difficult to open and close and made a lot of noise, not so good when you get up early/get back late and everyone wakes up because of you. Definitely a party hostel, but in the dorm it was quiet at night.

Not the place to stay if you want peaceful sleep but if you're looking to party and have a great time than this is the place for it!

• 1st Dec 2015

Quality party hostel. Two bars and rooms are still extremely quiet. Pa the bartender is the man.