The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Way too much noise (and very bad music). Rooms are clean, the pool is nice but if you are not searching for a place to drink shots and party hard, you can find way better. It's sad because the place is nice and the roof top is awesome, but it makes you feel as if you were in an american teenage movie...

• 29th Dec 2013

This hostel was downright amazing! If you are travelling southeast asia I would recommend you stop here just for the hostel experience. The hostel is unbelievable. It has a pool, swim up bar, upstairs bar with sand floor, beer pong, excellent food and all for an amazing price. To top all of this off the hostel is running bar specials as well as different trips every day. I don't know what more you could ask for from a hostel. Definitely go here!

One of the best hostel i have ever stayed at. Great common area, awesome swimming pool and really cool bar! Perfect to meet people Great location

Mad monkey is a great hostel offering cheap clean rooms, lots of activities at very reasonable prices, lovely people and a great atmosphere. The upstairs bar provides cheap drinks and good meals along with regular free shots and is a great atmosphere.

Mad Monkey is amazing! Great rooftop beach bar, pool, good rooms & perfect location. I had a great stay, fantastic place to meet people, enjoy the sites and unwind on bar street.

This place is great - would definitely stay here again! The rooftop bar is the best place to hang out and meet people - plus the bartenders are the greatest people. They make the Mad Monkey feel like a home away from home. Good luck with the Grenade Challenge!!

I had a fantastic time, my room was cleaned properly daily and the bed was comfortable. Fantastic bar and restaurant, pool, beautiful art on all the walls and the vibe of the whole place is excellent making it my favourite place I've stayed so far in the world.

• 1st Dec 2013

Such a great place to stay, I loved the staff and the owners are awesome! The staff love working there, you can tell. The food is delicious, drinks are cheap and music is good!

Can't complain at all. Good value for your dollars!

• 1st Dec 2013

Very welcoming hostel. Great staff. Pool is awesome. Upstairs bar had great character and played good tunes. Enter the '10 Grenade' Challenge at your own risk.

Great stay! The pool was awesome because siem reap gets so hot during the day!! The rooftop bar was a blast! Beer pong was too much fun! Would highly recommend staying here! Rooms were a bit loud not much of a sound barrier but nothing that ear plugs can't fix!

The Mad Monkey in Siem Reap was a fantastic experience. Whether you are visting Angkor Wat/Angkor Thom City, or just soaking in the city, the Mad Monkey is the place to be. The combination of the pool/rooftop bar make the Mad Monkey a great destination for younger backpackers.

Had a great time at the madmonkey in Siem Reap!! the rooms were sufficient and the staff were awesome. The roof top sand bar takes the cake though. Spent a few too many nights up on that roof and stubbling to bed. Thanks guys for trip ill never forget!

I had room #37 and oh my!! It was LOUD and chaotic starting at 9pm every night. It's my fault for booking the party hostel, but getting this room exaggerated it all even more. Full of very young immature acting kids, but I should have read more reviews and put two and two together. If you are not into the EXTREME young party crowd, don't book here. I am all about having fun but this was just too much. My room had a lot of ants in it, too. The beach bar IS cool...but only during the day.

Very lively atmosphere, great for making the most of Siem Reap nightlife. The young local staff are really friendly and clearly enjoy what they do which adds to the atmosphere, especially the fantastic roof bar. Only downsides are really poor shower in the dorm, and being woken up by staff chatting to each other loudly in the dorm at 7.30 each morning, waking us all up. If you want to have fun and meet lots of people, I highly recommend this place.

Excellent guesthouse. One of the best I've stayed in. Clean, comfortable rooms, good bar, great food, good atmosphere and the swimming pool is a real bonus. Good location too. Just a couple of mins walk from the main area of bars, restaurants, markets, etc.

Would probably stay here again. Great staff and location. The pool and two bars were great. My only complaint was these tiny little ants in the washroom crawling around. I found one in my luggage yesterday (week after I left)

• 20th Nov 2013

Perfect, but you should be aware of enetering a Partyhostel :-)

One of the best hostel I stayed in during my travels. Would stay there again.

Wicked place to stay with fun party atmosphere, loved the roof top bar. Located perfectly. AC and showers would definitely benefit from improvement though which is the only reason I could not give max score for facilities.