The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Awesome hostel..staff are great and very helpful. Easy to get to from the airport $8 tuk tuk maybe 30 min ride. Tours are great we definitely recommend the temple bike tour if you are active. Good prices at the restraunt and down the street from the market! Would stay at again for sure.

Absolutely the best place to stay in Siem Reap. Awesome atmosphere and its a great hostel chain because it gives money back to the communities.

Perfect hostel if you're looking to meet people and have some fun. I was travelling alone so it was great to meet people in the rooftop bar, it was the best night I had in Cambodia! Apart from the party, it's ideally located, very clean and comfortable for a hostel and has a really nice pool area to cool off. The only small tip I would give is that it won't be a peaceful stay, so don't choose Mad Monkey if that's what you want.

Amazing hostel with such a great vibe & easy to meet people. The upstairs bar is heaps of fun. The beds are nice & big & all have power outlets. The gorilla dorm never seemed to have toilet paper. I wouldn't trust the security guards. I got home one night & lost my bag... Only to find they had "found" it but there was no money left in it hmm. Anyway still would highly recommend!!!

Mad Monkey is a must! If you are staying in Siem Reap you have to stay here. It is clean and well priced. The atmosphere makes it perfect for making new friends and making the most of your time. Not to mention how amazing the staff is. Unfortunately when I showed up there was a mistake with my booking online. Understandably things happen and they were more than accommodating. They apologized endlessly and gave me my own beautiful private room. I will recommend this hostel to everyone.

Great pool, rooftop bar and staff. Lots of free shots, had a private room which was nice. Perfect for those who want a bit of a party, siem reap isn't too great for a night out so it's nice to have a cool bar at the hostel. Your allowed to use pool and bar even if you don't stay here so if I was to do it again I would stay in a cheaper place and then come and use the facilities!!

The Aqua Dorm is not a good spot to be if you don't like constant noise. I was in a 12 bed dorm right beside the pool so I heard every word of nearby people's conversations, as well as very loud music during the day. The pool is kind of crowded, but there are nice day beds on an upper level. Bar upstairs was nice. Staff very average. None of them particularly made me feel welcome or understood. Beds hard but clean. Good place if your number one priority is to be in the center of a party.

Great facilities! Pool to relax during the day and a rooftop bar to meet people at night. I definitely recommend stay here.

Great hostel, rooftop bar and pool are amazing, the staff is friendly and the beds are huge. Shower was a little smelly and dirty, but could have been much worse. The price is a little high for Cambodian standards, but the free beers and shots they hand out regularly at the bar compensate for that! Would definitely recommend!

Great bar and amazing party-hostel! The food and drinks are expensive but good. Staff couldn't really speak much English and sold overpriced tickets.. The room was ok; really high top bunks though. There were lockers under the beds for the backpack. My room had very loud and annoying people so I got woken up several times..

Great, fun place for young people who want to party and see the sights.

LOUD at night. don't intend on getting any sleep on a Friday or Saturday night as people are running up and down the stairs drunk. (bar is on the fourth floor)

• 16th Jan 2015

Somewhat of a partyhostel but not to an extreme. The pool is lovely but the rooftop bar filled with sand is even better. Really relaxing place to hang out and meet fellow travellers. The food served at the rooftop was very tasty. The beds in the dorms were big and comfy. Each bed had its own lockers, light and wallsocket. The bathrooms in the dorms could have been a bit cleaner. Also stayed in a twinroom and there the bathroom was cleaner. Can get pretty loud at night so bring earplugs.

This place had a chill vibe with a bar as a the common area. They had ok food but it was a little pricey. The rooms were clean but no hot shower.

Staff went beyond the call od duty. Made us feel very welcome overall the best hostel experience I have ever had.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good atmosphere and great pool!!

Stayed here 4 nights. Too much emphasis on partying, started blasting music at 10am next to the dorms. Nice pool and rooftop beach bar with tasty food. Desk staff wasn't spectacular. If you're looking to party, this is great. If you're looking for a nice neutral chill out area without constant drinking, look elsewhere.

my first experience with a "party hostel". great experience! they keep everyone very entertained up at the bar. great staff!!! all good things. could be a little more secure but could be hard with the bar upstairs. over all a very fun experience! big comfy bunk beds!

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights. Overall it was a good fun hostel, although it was very noisy at night (and we had a private room away from the party area). Normally we would be fine with this, however, we planned to get up early both mornings for Angkor wat and sightseeing. So we didn't get much sleep... Our only complaints / issues revolved around other guests being loud and obnoxious, and the lack of enforcement of 'quieter hours' by the staff. Nice rooftop bar / restaurant.

We loved our stay here! we ended up extending for another 2 nights. Great party backpackers with an awesome rooftop bar with great staff working the bar up there! Has a good size pool also with bar next to it, 5 minute walk to pub street and plenty of shopping restaurants near by. Bathroom facilities could be better but we were not so fussy( had a lot worse )