The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Epic stay at mad monkey - male sure you book as they get booked up quickly! Swimming pool was wicked too. Definately a party hostel - hostel bar great for meeting people. Comfy beds too and ample locker space!!!

An absolute cracking hostel full of party vibes and really helpful/friendly staff. Would love to stay again. Cheers mad Monkey!

It was my first time to stay in a hostel and I am absolutely happy I chose the Mad Monkey Hostel. Prior to my arrival, they were quick to respond to my queries. Everything was a breeze during my stay! The rooms are basic, yes, but I have to say the location is perfect. It's a short walk away from the Pubstreet and the sand bar is always so much fun! I would definitely stay at The Mad Monkey hostel again... In fact, I can't wait to plan another trip!

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

If you want to meet great people, socialize like crazy and have basically everything you need at your fingertips this is probably the place for you.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Mostly early 20s people there. Great party atmosphere the pool side bean bag area is what makes this hostel for me, after a day of walking the temples that pool is divine!

Water supply in the toilet has a rusty smell. Other than that, near perfect with everything. ;-) From: Fat Jo.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Pretty good. Will go again.

Best place to stay in Siem Reap! Elliot and Sophie are amazing too! Great pool good food, Tuk Tuk driverscl are awesome, can't fault it here. This is a great party hostel! Make sure you do AW at sun rise and visit the New Hope School!

The staff was not very helpful.

The classic backpacker bar/hostel. Clean dorm rooms, young, helpful staff, sandy floor rooftop bar, ice block cooled pool. It's like Melrose Place for backpackers, not a quiet hostel, music doesn't turn off until midnight.

Good hostel if you like partying or if you are with a group of friend.! I was there as a couple and I would advise it less because of a lot of noisy people and bad isolation of the most expensive rooms. I had a more sihanoukville feeling than a cultural sometimes. But maybe you should be just lucky about the amount of drunks present like in SHV. Location is perfect and the pool is really nice.

Hello, My stay was okay. The showers were a bit rubbish. The hostel was very good for socialising but i think it all depends on your character. A lot of drinking which is good if you like that kind of thing. Pool was fun and always full of people. I would give it 6/10

We stayed here a few nights in a mixed dorm and had a great time. It was so nice to have a pool to relax by and the rooftop bar had a really fun atmosphere (with free shots!) and there were good drinks offers so it was pretty cheap to drink there before moving on to other bars. The hostel and bathrooms were clean and the location was good-not far from the restaurants and nightlife. The only down side I can think of was that the breakfast in the hostel was quite expensive.

• 1st Apr 2014

Rooftop bar, nice swimming pool, and great food (get the BBQ chicken and bacon wrap). Don't stay anywhere else.

I DO recommend it! Nice place, friendly staff, swimming pool and cheap beer, close to main spots of Siam Reap and easy acces to Ang Kor.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Just wanted to work there it was that good of a vibe!!

Great place to party. I am not a party person but after the bar closed at midnight it was better. Like the other Mad Monkey in Phnom Pehn, they promote alcohol consumption yet have rules about inappropriate behaviour and charge a fee for those who get sick. Mixed messages all around.

This place will be the nicest hostel in Siem Reap you will find! I was very impressed with the friendly staff, cleanliness, (soap wash of bean bags by the pool, consistently wiping sand off tables at the bar, cleaning of fronts of countertops - very detailed), maintenance/upkeep (repainting of walls and raking of sand at rooftop bar), security guard at night, availability of well-mannered Tuk-Tuk drivers, and highly effective AC. The food at the bar is amazing. Ate there at least once a day!