The Mad Monkey Siem Reap Reviews

No19, Mondul 2, Khoum Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Loved my stay here. Everything was great, the only issue was the bathroom could have been a big cleaner. But the hostel has a great atmosphere and is in a good location.

Great location to get around Siem Reap and to Angkor Wat. Bar is hopping, as is the nightlife in Siem Reap on Pub Street.

This was my first stay at a Mad Monkey hostel and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It is a very party atmosphere so if you're looking for a quiet night in, this isn't the place. Very social to meet people at the bar and pool. My only issue was the staff wasn't as friendly as other Mad Monkeys but other than that a good party hostel.

Be prepared for a party hostel. If that's what you're looking for its a great stay. The bar and pool are a lot of fun and the staff encourages you to have a good time. However it's pretty loud at night if you're trying to sleep early because of an early morning at the temples.

great location, walking distance from night markets and happy pizzas. tuktuks are always available outside and i would suggest hiring one for the day and visit the temples of Angkor. would stay here again, pool is great and the rooftop sand bar was great, free beer and free shots never hurt anybody, various events during the week. had a little air condition issue but aside from that everything was great

Great hostel. perfect location to walk about the city and the staff were great. . Best western food we had in south east Asia if looking for a break from the noodles and rice. great beach themed roof bar

• 2nd Jun 2015

Awesome rooftop bar and great staff that really love their job. Great place to meet people as a solo backpacker and everything is relatively clean, overall a great place and the pool is an added plus!

Amazing pool area, roof bar and location. It's a short walk to pub street at night or the markets and restaurants during the day. This place has a resort look with a backpacker vibe. I'd definitely stay here again.

If you like a party spot, this place is live. Although my stay was very brief, there were themed nights for every night of the week. If it is too hot for travel midday, there's an in-ground pool. Set us up with a Tuk-tuk and made our stay easy and seamless.

If you go to Siem Reap, stay here. Awesome spot across the street from where the Bangkok bus drops you off. Bar gets rowdy up top, rooms are cleaned every day, and great pool area below. Wish I had more time to stay here.

We loved our stay at mad monkey! It was clean and in a great location a short walk from the night market and pub street, and a short tuktuk ride away from the temples. The hostel has a great party atmosphere but it was still fairly quiet when we were trying to sleep. We found an awesome tuktuk driver who took us all around! His name is tom and he hangs around the entrance to mad monkey. The side of his tuktuk says "Tom 25". If you see him take his tuktuk! He is so friendly and helpful :)

fun hostel, but not recommended if you are not a party person. can get rowdy. overall good facilities but the bathrooms could be cleaner.

The food was very expensive and staff not that great at giving advice on things to do or places to go. I paid extra for a private room as it was halfway through a long trip. My bathroom was filled with ants. And the power cut out a few times, no air conditioning and no way to open window. The pool is AWESOME though. Definitely necessary on a hot day. Just wish the rooms had a little more insulation. Can hear everything outside, even at 5 a.m.

In the whole time I stayed at the Mad Monkey in Siem Reap (5 days, 4 nights) they NEVER cleaned our room. I even asked why was it so different from the Phnom Penh MM, because I stayed there too and the rooms were unbelievably clean. I booked this hostel after staying in the other one expecting I was going to get the same standards and same thing, but I didn't. Starting for the exchange rate (4,000 in PP and 4,100 in SR), the food and even the staff are much better trained and helpful.

Fantastic value for money hostel, friendly staff and simple rooms!

• 13th May 2015

Staying at The Mad Monkey was the best decision i've made! You get to meet a lot of people. It's near to Pub Street and staff are very friendly. The bed and lockers are big.

Amazing hostel with great staff and great pool!

Best hostel in siem reap!

Great hostel atmosphere. However the water quality seems to be a little poor. There's a metallic smell for the showers and taps.

I loved Mad Monkey Siem Reap. The atmosphere was great.