The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

Was great

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Romania

The place is very convenient The manager, Michael, is very funny and friendly. It is fun to be around him. :) The staffs there are generally very helpful, but I like Mitch the most. As I spends most of my time there around him and the chats with him makes me feel very comfortable, like a brother or something. :) Although is just a short few days but it is definitely unforgettable I hope I can go there again soon

Chris and the gang made me feel super welcome here. Good common area and setup. Doin good things here.

Good cheap place. Very basic, not free tea coffee brekkie, etc. Clean. Dave was only a housekeeper but wound up being like the receptionist for me by answering all my questions. Thanks!

I always like staying at your hostel. Michael especially is very great host and is always interacting and having fun with the other backpackers. Whether it's suggesting great places to go or drinking with us at night, he was a valuable part of my stay at the Meeting Place

Wonderful stay at the hostel. Friendly host that we can always go to whenever we need help.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

It's amazing that meeting many people here especially Janet and Michael, all people here is really nice. Thanks x 100 times.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Average hostel with a big common room in the center. The staff were very knowledgeable and had plenty of info on the city, and were eager to help. Within walking distance of the MRT & Raohe night market.

Good place for meeting new friends. But have to pay attention if you do not like too open and free space between men and women.

Great and friendly atmosphere! I felt comfortable instantly. Staff is great about helping you in any way. If you like meeting people while traveling abroad, I definitely reccomend The Meeting Place!

• 27th Dec 2014

It was a little difficult to find, but I enjoyed staying there and the staff were nice,

Every time I'm in Taipei I stay here. I've stayed a few nights at AirBnB locations, above a coffee shop, and at other hostels and The Meeting Place is my FAVORITE. Easy-going, social, clean, friendly staff, and located close to the Songshan and Houshanpi MRT stations, The Meeting Place has it all. And a cat to play with! Wish I could have stayed even longer. You'll enjoy your stay here =)

The cost of the hostel gave me low expectations, but we got way more than we expected. We received great service, the location was perfect because it was next to one of the best night markets and everyone was friendly!!

Good location and easy to get to now that the new MRT line is open to SongShan station. Close to Raohe nightmarket and wufenpu. Hostel has a great atmosphere and as the name suggests, it's a great place to meet people!

Hi, thanks for your kind comments and brilliant rating! It was a pleasure to have you here and I hope to see you again in Taipei in the future! You'll always be welcome in TMP!!

There were many Americans teaching English and staying in Taipei. It seemed to me that the hostel was like a meeting place for them. I didn't see any Taiwanese unlike other hostels. Staff was nice, but guests staying there very long were not so friendly to short-term guests. Their location is close to MRT Songshan Station as well as Songshan Railway Station. Because this information was not provided by the hostel, I walked from Houshanqi, carrying heavy backpacks, and it was very tiring.

Hi, I am sorry to hear you didn't have a great time with us. However, I want to thank you for your feedback as we appreciate all comments which help us to improve our service. The issue with the directions from Houshanpi has been updated on our directions. This was because Songshan MRT station had only opened a few days prior to your arrival. I hope the next time you are in Taipei you will consider TMP to stay and I will strive to ensure you have an amazing stay!!

The best backpacker hostel in Taipei. Allow me to explain: -Clean beds, showers, bathrooms -3-minute walk to the green line Songshan station to get to anywhere in Taipei that has an MRT station (everywhere) -4-minute walk to the Raohe Market where you can buy all kinds of foods and clothes -Staff is incredibly friendly, helpful, and their ENglish is perfect (almost all native-English speakers) -They have a common room with a projector screen and a great kitchen Stay here. Period.

Thank you so much for your kind comments and rating, we will all miss you in TMP!! Be sure to call again so we can continue our movie debates and I can get a few copies of your extensive collection!! Safe travels.

这是一个非常适合自助背包客的客栈。首先它的位置非常好,从松山车站或捷运步行不到10分钟,出门3分钟就是基隆河成美桥,可以在桥上眺望101,或者在岸边公园散步。松山车站旁边就是饶河街夜市。客栈内有一个很大的客厅,一间安静的阅读室,有厨房,炊具餐具一应俱全。寝室在一个相对封闭的空间,非常安静。住在这里的基本上是在台湾学习中文的老外,有的一住就是半年。

張先生,跟您聊得很開心,很高興您在這裡住得滿意;希望您的孩子可以申請到他最滿意的學校,您在台灣可以找到您中意的房子。後會有期!

Nice location and great staff, both helpful and friendly. A good place to meet people and make friends. Can really recommend this place!

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Many thanks for your review of The Meeting Place, we always love having all of our guests stay with us and I hope you will visit again so you can see our place after we have completed our ongoing changes.

A lovely place to hang out and see the sights of Taipei (and beyond). Staff are super friendly and helpful.

Hi guys, It was an absolute pleasure to host you at The Meeting Place during your stay. On behalf of everyone I would like to wish you all the best in the rest of your travels (even if they are in the homeward direction) and to say that if you ever visit Taipei again, then we look forward to having you stay with us!

The Meeting Place was awesome. The staff was very friendly and a lot of fun. I made friends easily and was quickly introduced to taipei with friends I met at The Meeting Place.

• 12th Nov 2014

It was our pleasure to host all of your group in Taipei and I hope to see you all again soon!!