The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

The hostel needs renovations. A couple of squeaky beds that needs oiling. Shower room needs better ventilation. Staff's great though, very helpful and listen to concerns.

I stayed in this hostel for 4 nights and I had a great time there. It was a bit messy with the bookings when I arrived because the hostel was overbooked, but in the end they fixed it. The staff is really helpfull, especially Dave and Chris who are happy to take you on a trip or give you tips about the whole area. I would definately stay here again if I come back!

• 25th Jan 2016

We had a great time here, the staff were very helpful, Dave was very friendly and Chris took us on a guided walk to a look out point. We would definitely stay again and it was sad to leave. Until next time

• 21st Jan 2016

The hostel is pretty close to the MRT so you can easily move in Taipei on it. It is very efficient. The staff was willing to help in all moment. Even though we had some difficulties at the beginning of the stay, Mathieu tried to help us and sort all the problems out. It is a good place for its price and the staff is very nice. The best part: the proyector to watch some movies when rainy and cold outside!

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Spain

Cheap as chips and a good way to meet people. Beds squeak like worn down disk brakes but they're comfortable and clean.

• 18th Jan 2016

Nice and helpful staff who work hard to maintain a clean and relaxing hostel.

• 18th Jan 2016

Decent locations near mrt stations and super close to sweet night market. Chris checked us in and was helpful but never met other staff members. gents toilets were rank, definitely wear shoes haha as looks like a leakif urinal into middle of the room. Projector is sweet for movies ! I stayed there 2 years ago and likes it so went back. This time is seemed unorganised though and didn't help ppl partying till 5 am keeping all awake in my dorm... Even the rat in the ceiling was moving !

nice place

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Japan

Nice Place to be, to meet people or to hang out. Worth it!

Incredible stay. As soon as I arrived everyone was very welcoming. I have been travelling for a few months and I was very happy that The Meeting Place had hot showers and comfortable beds. I had the best night sleep and first hot shower in months of travelling. I would like to really recommend that Chris gets a promotion. As soon as I arrived he sat and told me everything about Taiwan and took us on trips out. Amazing guy, he is a credit to the hostel! Also the big movie screen, awesome!

• 13th Jan 2016

Such a fun place to stay and make friends. Plenty of space for socialising, and really friendly and helpful staff speaking a lot of languages between them! Right by a station so easy to find and go out for day trips in the city by MRT and elsewhere by train. Beds and bathrooms also nice and clean, hot powerful showers!

Very Helpful staff - very clean hostel (bad, bathrooms, toilets, kitchen and living room areas) - variety of opportunity to spend the evening (projector in living room, consoles, sofas), also a quiet study room - we enjoyed our stay at THE MEEETING PLACE

Even I booked a 8-bed dorm for girls, we had just a four bed room. It was really nice and the stuff was friendly and tried to help where they could. No complaints. Easy to find and close to the mrt station.

It was pretty dirty and there was no real security. Quite difficult to also change and shower as there is limited space and privacy.

• 30th Dec 2015

The staff in here is best!! Hope to see them again Maybe if I go to Taipei again I will stay in there

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

I could live here... It's very well equipped and very social with the space to be alone if you wish. The staff are wonderful, had great conversations and a fun night out. Love the lounge area, gives me that feeling of home comforts after travelling Asia for many months.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Wales

The price is very cheap in comparison to others hostels in the city but it is only a good option for those travelers who just need a place to spend nights. My room had quite poor ventilation and no windows which made it really hard to stay there for a long time. Besides that, everything was great ^_^

Be careful, I left my room for 3 minutes and someone stole 2000 TWD from me.

Overall a good place to stay, it's location is quite central, close to a night market. It's big and airy. Facilities are clean. But don't stay in the 6 bed dorm; it's hot even IF they turn on the AC, no windows and sticky beds because of the plastic matrascovers. And a two nights minimum so I didn't return here for my last night in Taipei.

It was dirty place, and showers were either freezing cold or burning hot. We didn't see the staff everyday and the maindoor was open most of the times, so anyone could get in.. I've been better places with a lot cheaper price. (also someone stole from me 1000TWD from my bag from my wallet..)

« first « Prev 1 2 3