The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

Good location and easy to get to now that the new MRT line is open to SongShan station. Close to Raohe nightmarket and wufenpu. Hostel has a great atmosphere and as the name suggests, it's a great place to meet people!

Hi, thanks for your kind comments and brilliant rating! It was a pleasure to have you here and I hope to see you again in Taipei in the future! You'll always be welcome in TMP!!

There were many Americans teaching English and staying in Taipei. It seemed to me that the hostel was like a meeting place for them. I didn't see any Taiwanese unlike other hostels. Staff was nice, but guests staying there very long were not so friendly to short-term guests. Their location is close to MRT Songshan Station as well as Songshan Railway Station. Because this information was not provided by the hostel, I walked from Houshanqi, carrying heavy backpacks, and it was very tiring.

Hi, I am sorry to hear you didn't have a great time with us. However, I want to thank you for your feedback as we appreciate all comments which help us to improve our service. The issue with the directions from Houshanpi has been updated on our directions. This was because Songshan MRT station had only opened a few days prior to your arrival. I hope the next time you are in Taipei you will consider TMP to stay and I will strive to ensure you have an amazing stay!!

The best backpacker hostel in Taipei. Allow me to explain: -Clean beds, showers, bathrooms -3-minute walk to the green line Songshan station to get to anywhere in Taipei that has an MRT station (everywhere) -4-minute walk to the Raohe Market where you can buy all kinds of foods and clothes -Staff is incredibly friendly, helpful, and their ENglish is perfect (almost all native-English speakers) -They have a common room with a projector screen and a great kitchen Stay here. Period.

Thank you so much for your kind comments and rating, we will all miss you in TMP!! Be sure to call again so we can continue our movie debates and I can get a few copies of your extensive collection!! Safe travels.

这是一个非常适合自助背包客的客栈。首先它的位置非常好,从松山车站或捷运步行不到10分钟,出门3分钟就是基隆河成美桥,可以在桥上眺望101,或者在岸边公园散步。松山车站旁边就是饶河街夜市。客栈内有一个很大的客厅,一间安静的阅读室,有厨房,炊具餐具一应俱全。寝室在一个相对封闭的空间,非常安静。住在这里的基本上是在台湾学习中文的老外,有的一住就是半年。

張先生,跟您聊得很開心,很高興您在這裡住得滿意;希望您的孩子可以申請到他最滿意的學校,您在台灣可以找到您中意的房子。後會有期!

Nice location and great staff, both helpful and friendly. A good place to meet people and make friends. Can really recommend this place!

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Many thanks for your review of The Meeting Place, we always love having all of our guests stay with us and I hope you will visit again so you can see our place after we have completed our ongoing changes.

A lovely place to hang out and see the sights of Taipei (and beyond). Staff are super friendly and helpful.

Hi guys, It was an absolute pleasure to host you at The Meeting Place during your stay. On behalf of everyone I would like to wish you all the best in the rest of your travels (even if they are in the homeward direction) and to say that if you ever visit Taipei again, then we look forward to having you stay with us!

The Meeting Place was awesome. The staff was very friendly and a lot of fun. I made friends easily and was quickly introduced to taipei with friends I met at The Meeting Place.

• 12th Nov 2014

It was our pleasure to host all of your group in Taipei and I hope to see you all again soon!!

Awesome time here. Micheal is awesome...clean friendly hostel...store and train station nearby. staff is great

• 11th Nov 2014

Hi, thanks so much for your kind comments and rating. While I always like to think I'm awesome, it's always good to hear it from someone else!!! Seriously though, enjoy Thailand and remember us if you ever revisit Taiwan. Your visit was far too short, and most of it spent sleeeping off jet-lag, to really experience all that Taiwan has to offer! So make the most of it now before all Western backpackers add us as a destination on their Asian experience!

住在這裡, 看到大家的悠閒,就像在家的感覺 哥哥、姐姐、朋友、兄弟、姐妹 感覺台北不是個緊張、忙碌的城市 這會是你住宿的好選擇!

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

非常開心聽到您喜歡我們的地方,希望您下次還有機會來我們這邊住住,與來自世界各地的朋友聊天、看電影、逛夜市!

Great facilities, staff, and sleep! Kitchen is big and well-stocked with cooking implements, appliances, and drinking water. Common area is big and relaxed. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Bathrooms and showers are cleaned regularly. The dorms (while dark and some windowless) are conducive to good sleep (since there's no light after bedtime.) Internet is fast, location is right of central but the neighborhood is lively nonetheless, and proximity to the night market is good. Great value.

Hi Anthony, Thank you so much for your kind comment and rating of our place. We hope to see you again any time you visit Taipei. Be sure to like our facebook page to keep in touch as you continue your travels! All the best, The Meeting Place Team

Loved it there.... Met friends for life.... Definitely going back.... They're not getting rid of me that easily! I could live at The Meeting Place for a long time... and I will when I go back to Taiwan to find a job!! The manager and the owner are the best! Couldn't have looked after me better. Cool cool place. Much love to everyone there.... Miss u guys already!! :-)

On behalf of everyone in The Meeting Place, it was also a pleasure for us to have met you!! We all look forward to seeing you again in the New Year and hearing all your stories from Thailand. Have a great time, and see you again soon!

If u plan to stay there for a while, it's kind fo perfect !

the kitchen was small and it was difficult to find from MRT howshanpi station if you dont know where but it was very good for money.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Japan

One of the cheapest places to stay in Taipei. You get what you pay for though, showers are dirty, but beds are fine. Staff are good...when you an find them. Mostly long-stay guests, so don't expect any backpacker atmosphere. No aircon.

Good for the amount of money I paid.

THE BOSS is a MYTHOLOGICAL figure capable of drastic and sudden decisions. Someone says THE BOSS is an old guy... someone says THE BOSS is a young girl. Someone says THE BOSS can heal illnesses. One morning THE BOSS rised the price from 300 to 400 because she stated through the prophet: "I don't agree with gaza war!" But she rolled back the decision in the afternoon: "I like hong kong protest." They refused to give back the money... because, you know, hostel gods DON'T need 2 EXPLAIN!

The hostel was great including the staff and general facilities however the air con was only on for a few hours (9-3am and 8-9am) at night and off everywhere in the hostel during the day. The air con facility is ticked on the front page of hostelworld and I don't think it is fair to tick this if air con is only on for 7 out of 24 hours. I woke up during the night uncomfortable and unable to sleep due to the heat.

At first, I was excited and nervous. But later, I feel great here. I like it. Not too for from MRT you can walk :D

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

I loved my stay here at the meeting place. Very enjoyable time and I will stay here again in the future and also recommend this hostel to other people going to Taiwan.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location was good. There are metro, train station, a night market nearby. The facilities are more than complete, esp in the kitchen. If you are a traveler who love cooking and sharing food to others, it was really a good place to you! Besides, the atmosphere was really good. There are different activities at night, such as, singing karaoke, watching movie, dancing etc. But, here was not very clean. But, with the prices of NT350, it's super worth!!

• 20th Aug 2014