The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

If u plan to stay there for a while, it's kind fo perfect !

the kitchen was small and it was difficult to find from MRT howshanpi station if you dont know where but it was very good for money.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Japan

One of the cheapest places to stay in Taipei. You get what you pay for though, showers are dirty, but beds are fine. Staff are good...when you an find them. Mostly long-stay guests, so don't expect any backpacker atmosphere. No aircon.

Good for the amount of money I paid.

THE BOSS is a MYTHOLOGICAL figure capable of drastic and sudden decisions. Someone says THE BOSS is an old guy... someone says THE BOSS is a young girl. Someone says THE BOSS can heal illnesses. One morning THE BOSS rised the price from 300 to 400 because she stated through the prophet: "I don't agree with gaza war!" But she rolled back the decision in the afternoon: "I like hong kong protest." They refused to give back the money... because, you know, hostel gods DON'T need 2 EXPLAIN!

The hostel was great including the staff and general facilities however the air con was only on for a few hours (9-3am and 8-9am) at night and off everywhere in the hostel during the day. The air con facility is ticked on the front page of hostelworld and I don't think it is fair to tick this if air con is only on for 7 out of 24 hours. I woke up during the night uncomfortable and unable to sleep due to the heat.

At first, I was excited and nervous. But later, I feel great here. I like it. Not too for from MRT you can walk :D

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

I loved my stay here at the meeting place. Very enjoyable time and I will stay here again in the future and also recommend this hostel to other people going to Taiwan.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location was good. There are metro, train station, a night market nearby. The facilities are more than complete, esp in the kitchen. If you are a traveler who love cooking and sharing food to others, it was really a good place to you! Besides, the atmosphere was really good. There are different activities at night, such as, singing karaoke, watching movie, dancing etc. But, here was not very clean. But, with the prices of NT350, it's super worth!!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Nice people and nice hostel! I had a very good time there!

Nice place, but it's not very clean, and atmosphere is not great.

All good . But it's hard to find the entry. Air-conditioner is turned off a little early.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

The people I met there are very nice and I enjoyed spending my nights with them talking, watching movies and singing. The only thing that made me no so comfy is that the air con only works from 9pm to 3am and 8am to 9am, which made me literally being woke up by sweating everyday. But overall, it worths the price and I will stay here if I go to Taipei again!

A great little hideaway in Taipei. More importantly, the staff is very helpful and friendly. I stayed a whole month and loved it...now thats saying alot! Would recommend The Meeting Place Hostel to anyone. - Mr. Delicious

Placement of additional signage visible from actual street address would make hostel easier to find! ;)

Great place for meeting meeting people from other countries. Movies and karaoke nights in the common area were great too. Nice staffs. Air-conditioners are turned on only from 9pm-3am. If you cant live without air-con, dont choose this place.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

MEOOOOOOW meow meow meow! meow meow meomeow? ^(=T_T=)^ ("Cheers, I enjoyed getting my tummy pet! but could you do bring some whiskas next time?") Schrödinger, TMP's freeloading cat.

The staff are nice and the hostel is near the train station, very convenient :)

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Meow meow meow meomeomeomeomeow meow meow! Meow meow meow MEOOOOW! ("we enjoyed your presence as well, hope to see again soon!") Schrödinger, TMP's freeloading cat.

Location is quite good, 10 min walking from Songshan railway station. It seems that one male and one female are managing the hostel, but the reception desk is empty most of the time. I have no idea who I should ask for help. Room, toilet, kitchen and bathroom is not very clean, "budget hostel" should not be an excuse. I did not see a window at anywhere of the hostel, therefore bad ventilation and no sunlight at all. Most of the guys are long term stay. It's better than staying in the NetCafe.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • China

Really helpful and friendly staff, nice beds/rooms, perfect atmosphere for the first time traveler. Also, great prices!!!

Cheers mate! hope you're having a ripper time in Taiwan! Kerrick, TMP receptionist.

What a nice hostel,close train station and metro.staff r really nice.huge common area can watch movie and play xbox!