The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

All good . But it's hard to find the entry. Air-conditioner is turned off a little early.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Great place for meeting meeting people from other countries. Movies and karaoke nights in the common area were great too. Nice staffs. Air-conditioners are turned on only from 9pm-3am. If you cant live without air-con, dont choose this place.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

MEOOOOOOW meow meow meow! meow meow meomeow? ^(=T_T=)^ ("Cheers, I enjoyed getting my tummy pet! but could you do bring some whiskas next time?") Schrödinger, TMP's freeloading cat.

The staff are nice and the hostel is near the train station, very convenient :)

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Meow meow meow meomeomeomeomeow meow meow! Meow meow meow MEOOOOW! ("we enjoyed your presence as well, hope to see again soon!") Schrödinger, TMP's freeloading cat.

Location is quite good, 10 min walking from Songshan railway station. It seems that one male and one female are managing the hostel, but the reception desk is empty most of the time. I have no idea who I should ask for help. Room, toilet, kitchen and bathroom is not very clean, "budget hostel" should not be an excuse. I did not see a window at anywhere of the hostel, therefore bad ventilation and no sunlight at all. Most of the guys are long term stay. It's better than staying in the NetCafe.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • China

Really helpful and friendly staff, nice beds/rooms, perfect atmosphere for the first time traveler. Also, great prices!!!

Cheers mate! hope you're having a ripper time in Taiwan! Kerrick, TMP receptionist.

What a nice hostel,close train station and metro.staff r really nice.huge common area can watch movie and play xbox!

Fun loving hostel with great atmosphere. They have karaoke/movie night every friday. The staffs are very helpful and friendly. They are more like friends than just a staff! =). Was a wonderful experience. Would definitely recommend this place to those who are looking for a hostel in Taipei.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

What a nice place! Super friendly staff, very well furnished kitchen that made me feel like home, even though I never cooked while I was there. Movie projections in the evening, beds are comfy, lockers available, perfect location in a quiet neighbourhood and 1 minute walk from a cheap and cleen sport center... I spent almost a week there, that was great. I miss Schrödinger the cat!

Merci pour ces gentils mots! On est tous très heureux de voir que t'as passé un bon moment ici, tu seras toujours la bienvenue! par contre, faudra chanter plus pendant les soirées Karaoké... =) Et Schrödinger te dit "miaou"! Kerrick, réceptionniste à ses heures perdues à TMP.

The Hostel is based in the backyard ground floor ,supposed to be a garage for the named address . rooms either with no window and you never see the day light , no fresh air .Only the 10 bed dorm with fixed glass window just to see the day light .Only one employee work as receptionist . Indoor admin. work is partially done by long stay guests against partial payment .Cleaning , is done by long stay rude , un polite guy against partial payment . Thanks for the very friendly friends I met .

Hi Pat'! Let me personally thank you for helping us create such a pleasant atmosphere, everybody enjoyed your presence and your cooking =) I can promise you that we will not shy away from all the problems you've pointed out, and will look to swiftly address them (especially the rude cleaner). Thank you again for your insightful review! Kerrick, TMP receptionist

I loved this hostel! The big salon is very nice!! I'll definitely come back when I need to stay in Taipei.

Great place to stay! Good location - only short walk to nearest MRT and train station with the Raohe St night market just around the corner. It's just one of those places you feel comfortable in the minute you walk through the door. I planned to stay 3 nights but ended up staying 3 more nights : ) Good place to meet and socialize with other travellers / long term tenants - just put a bit of smile on your face ; ) Thanks very much!

Ewa, thank you very much as well. Enjoy your trip in Taiwan !

Great place to stay, very close to train and metro, easy to meet people here.

The staff wasn't flexible at all. There was a police inspection 1 day and the night before they told me that they would pay me 200 taiwan dollars if I do the check out before 9:00am, so I was totally ready before 9:00am but I was just standing in the living room. The staff came to me and said that I should leave because the police can ask me some questions and can be a problem so I left the place at 9:20 and I ask for the money and they told me that they wouldn't pay me because it was after 9.

• 12th May 2014
  • Portugal

Dear guest, we are sorry that our staff was not flexible enough and made you feel bad about our place. We sincerely apologize again and are more than willing to compensate you on that. Thanks for your understanding. The Meeting Place Team

Great common areas, decent kitchen. most dorm rooms do not have windows.

Good place, cheapest one there is in Taipei. It lacks though a more dazzling atmosphere (in the evenings, for example, instead of socializing, drinking, partying etc, people there stay in the common area just texting and using their computer), so if you'r looking to make some friends and interact with other people, this is probably not the hostel for you. There's also the fact that we guests were kicked out of the hostel because they were having some problems with the cops...can you imagine that

Excellent stay, close enough to Songshan Train station to get around Taipei. Had a great time with all the people in the hostel!

Great, the location is good and there is a big comfortable common area

This hostel was really friendly, accommodating, and convenient. The only downfall was that it was difficult to find because the directions say to walk out of the subway exit 4 to the 3 way intersection(which is more like an alley intersection)but there is a 4 way intersection right as you walk out of the subway to the right but the 3 way intersection is to the left. The people were very helpful and some people live there long-term so that brought a different feel to the place (positive for sure)

Thank you for the precious comment, we will fix the direction. It was really nice to having you!

Location is very good. Close to Raohe Night market and other places. Also has bus stop nearby so that can go to Jiufen easily. Laundry service for a box is NT100.

After travelling for over a year, every once in a while you run into real gems like the meeting place Its a hostel where you can make yourself at home: huge lounge space with projector, huge toilets and shower area, soft mattresses with proper pillows and a real office space to work in with super fast wifi What really made a difference to me though is the staff, really youthful mix of local Taiwanese and westerners who are going well above what's required. Oh, they also have a cat!

• 26th Apr 2014

A big thank-you for your compliment, I can't even find a proper word to describe how moved I am! Yes, we are the best team and with the best guests, which makes here the real Meeting Place. Our cat's name is Schrödinger, hooray!

« first « Prev 1 2 3