The Meeting Place Reviews

1F, No.20, Alley1, Lane 768, Section 4, Bade Road, Nangang District, Taipei, Taiwan

A bit tricky to find, so read carefully the directions provided by the staff! The hostel is located farther away from the city centre, rather small and has somewhat run down facilities. On the other hand, it's one of the cheapest in Taipei. The common room is nice, provides good atmosphere. The stuff is really friendly and chill. From what I've seen, only the 10 bed mixed room has a window.

I liked that place. Staff made me feel welcome and the value for money is very good. Also conveniently close to MRT station. Cleanliness could be improved a bit though and so could the facilities. Also I feel that not all staff was too bothered to give me all the info, e.g. when I was told to go to a bank to exchange money noone warned me that bank charge me $100. Very disappointing. I loved the night market & Schroedinger, the resident cat who couldn't care less about the world around.

Very great place here! Met lots of travelers and the staff Janet is great to talk to, we even went to a few places around together,this place even got a wii and big projector for films etc! ps: manager is cool guy too!! Would totally recommend em for chill travelers

Meeting place is very convenient to stay at, location is ideal for night markets and public transport. Staff is super friendly and is a good place to meet other travelers. Hostel is pretty clean overall, but bathrooms could be a little cleaner. Overall, staff is great, location is nice, and would be a good place to stay in Taipei.

everything was perfect ther is just one minus point: the cleanliness in the women shower facilities.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Austria

Where do I start, great location close to train and bus stations . Staff where so attentive so a big shout out to Janet & michael for making my stay great . rooms are cleaned everyday, big lounge area to chill with daily movies played and a kitchen to make your own food overall a great hostel will be back again next time in Taipei.

• 10th Mar 2015

For atmosphere I wanna give a 200%.. XD People here are really nice and especially it's both good for either you like quiet place or partying and fun. Because the rooms are seperated to the kitchen(where most people usually drinks or something) so visitors don't worry about it...And you have your own private locker with a key so.. I dont know what to finish this comment lol

I only had problems about hot water and finding space in room. Hot water was only available in one of the showers and there were many things in room which limits the space my backpack or move freely.

Hi! Thank you for both staying with us, and for taking the time to rate us. I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with the water. We were having issues at the time with our gas line, but I can confirm that everything is now working fine. Regarding the room space, while we do ask all guests to store their belongings under the bed or on the shelves provided, not everyone complies. Hopefully you can stay with us again and enjoy our now better ordered dorms.

The room was super clean,the staff was very nice,definitely recommend.

Very Nice staff, not far from a MTR station (5min), rooms are very clean. The kitchen and common room make you feel home! Great place to enjoy Taipei, meet people and have fun for a cheap price!

• 5th Mar 2015

Janet was enthusiastic and helpful.

• 4th Mar 2015

This is, without overstating it, the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It's cheap and homey, and it provides everything a hostel should provide (clean sheets and towels, hot showers, good internet connection, big common room & kitchen, etc.) Michael, the manager, does an amazing job at running that place, making sure that everybody here feels welcome, showing people around, giving good advice, spending time with the guests... Janet is also super helpful. Great location, 5 minutes away from the su

• 3rd Mar 2015

Meeting Place is great place and perfect location also Janet is really helpful thx.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

It was great! Thanks guys!:)

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Russia

Very nice staff and helpful whenever I asked.

• 27th Feb 2015

Awesome place very friendly staff and good atmosphere.. excellent value for money and decent location ^_^

Good location right next to Songshan train station, convenient to the rest of the city. The place itself was a little run down and 悶, and the bathrooms could do with a thorough, top-to-bottom scrubbing. Not many locals, which meant a lot of boring been-there-done-that stories from the prototypical backpacker crowd. People barging in and out of the sleeping area all night were a pain. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly, and their cat is cute. Softest toilet paper in Taiwan.

Great place to stay! Close to mrt and night markets. Clean sheets and free towels! Large kitchen with lots of cooking amenities. Cannot wait to stay again!

I had so much fun staying at this hostel! It's a very chilled but great fun place to stay and Michael is a good laugh and very welcoming. Michael provides towels/ shampoo and the facilities are all kept really clean. Recommend to anyone staying in Taipei!!

• 20th Feb 2015

That's a nice place. Everyone is very friendly. I will stay there much more times if I travel to Taipei in the future.

• 20th Feb 2015