The Oldmill Holiday Hostel Reviews

Barrack Yard, James Street, Westport, Ireland

The Oldmill Holiday Hostel is in a very central location, within a 5 minute walk of pretty much all the pubs and restaurants. It has no curfew and the staff are friendly and very helpful. It has a great look with it's rustic stone exterior but it is contemporary and clean on the inside.

Thank you Gary, I think you explained exactly what we are about

Second time this summer staying in the hostel. It is grand and handy for weekends and for getting yourself a base to do walks, cycles or climbing Croke Patrick. They are strict on the check out time which is fair enough and the person in charge asked us to leave the kitchen at around 11.30am on the day we checked out which again is fair enough as we were due to go that day.

• 15th May 2015

Thank you Patricia for the excellent review :)

A great place to stay. One other man in my dorm and he did not snore. Brilliant location near Matt

• 10th May 2015

Thanks Pete Great review :)

* Lockers in the rooms would be ideal * Hooks/Seat or something to put your things on in the showers is needed

Great hostel, Tasty bread for breakfast, Friendly staff...& two guitars...Yay!

Great Place wonderful staff, was made welcome the second i arrived and made feel at home as the week progressed. Everyone was great but special mention to Anthony and Hannah. just really nice people went out of their way to make sure i enjoyed my stay. An absolute pleasure to stay.

• 19th Apr 2015

crowd of lads came in at 5am and kept everyone awake.there was an american in the room next to me going absolutely bananas about it from 5am to 6am.apart from that it was fine.

• 11th Apr 2015

Great Hostel. Booked two beds in a 10 bed dorm for a tenner each. Ended up having to ourselves. Nice clean property, great location in the heart of town. Clean, freshly renovated premises and facilities, you could still smell the paint. Plus the receptionist, Erin, was one of the nicest people working in a hostel we met on our trip. Small inconvenience: The Showers were boiling hot, and the toiket seats really really low. Other than that perfect. Will stay again for sure.

I liked this hostel a lot. It was very clean and the staff were nice and friendly. the kitchen facilities were the best I have seen in Ireland and there were loads of pots and pans, fridge space etc. The showers were hot and clean. My bed was pretty comfy, the only thing i would say is they dont have a rail on the beds on the top bunk which is something I am never great with. other than that though no compliants and i will definitely stay there again when i am back in westport.