The Oldmill Holiday Hostel Reviews

Barrack Yard, James Street, Westport, Ireland

People in the hostel were really nice. It was clean but not like other hostel I was before in Galway but no prob. We had room next to the toilets and that wasnt a great place to hear one girl vomiting there. Breakfast was ok. It was cheap and really in the centre of the town of Westport so great choice :)

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Handsome historic building, comfortable beds, hot showers, spacious kitchen and common area, friendly staff, interesting guests, delicious homemade bread. An excellent place to relax before and after cycling the Greenway. Thanks for the hospitality - I look forward to more of the same.

I stayed in the hostel recently in the 8 people female dorm. The room, despite being full to capacity, didn't feel crammed. The hostel is straight in the town centre but a bit off the main road so there was no / very little noise coming from the street. The home made bread and toasts with jam were a nice touch.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Séjour très sympa à l'auberge Oldmill, idéal pour une pause en plein coeur de la nature irlandaise !!! Le staff est adorable et l'endroit très cosy... un rapport qualité / prix au top. Seule la cuisine manque un peu de propreté à mon goût mais c'est tout à fait correct. Je recommande pour une pause de 2 à 3 jours.

I really enjoyed my stay here. Catherine who runs the place was very considerate and helpful.

• 24th Aug 2014

Well situated off main street, Friendly relaxed staff nice to just sit in hostel in evening. Clean

Lovely place to stay! Everything was perfect! We stayed in.a 6 bed dorm and the beds were unbelievably comfortable! Unfortunately we only had one night there

• 20th Aug 2014

the room was very clean, very quiet and in the town centre! the kitchen is big and convenient to cook with the other guests. Nice ambiance

Positives: Lovely, friendly staff and great, central location. Kitchen space and facilities were good too. Met some lovely people during my stay. Negatives: Extremely noisy in dormitories and corridors -constant slamming of doors and constant loud thudding -(possibly people jumping from top bunk to floor). Also, was sleeping in room beside toilet/ shower facilities, so a lot

An awesome building, and gorgeous dorms, well stoked kitchens and super good bathrooms. Could do with personal lockers in the dorms, but the trust system seems to work here.

I expend two excepcional nights!!

Very helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for your review ,we appreciate this very much thank you with kind regards and smiles From all our staff at the Old Mill Hostel

A great hostel, one of my best in Ireland. Good atmosphere and charming accomodation. Just one thing, the common area closes too soon for me