Fabulous 337 Total Reviews
Fabulous 337 Total Reviews
The Oldmill Holiday Hostel Located at Barrack Yard, James Street, Westport.
Ireland
Westport Barrack Yard, James Street
83% 337
53.8002959 -9.5237731
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Nov 2016
6.9

Someone ate my brand new, labeled giant tub of Oreo ice cream!!!! To say I was bummed was a major understatement. Guys - watch your ice cream! Also, this was the first hostel from my 5 month travels were after checking out at 10am I was told I must leave the hostel and could not use the wifi nor leave my bags for a few hours.... Odd, very odd! Facilities were perfectly fine!

• Czech Republic, Female, 25-30
27th Oct 2016
7.4

I have stayed here just for one night. The price was average for bed and it is situated in gret location! I really liked the staff at reception. They were really kind, helpful and cheerful. Only one thing - I would appreciate wider choice of food for breakfast. Maybe, they had it but it was a little difficult to find all the stuff. Anyway nice, stylish place.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
8th Oct 2016
3.7

The Staff was friendly but a lot was wrong during our stay. 2) There was 1 room (on another floor) who kept us awake all night (Saturday night). They were screaming & shouting. Supposedly a stag party. We did og down to ask them to keep it down. but it still continued. Also E-mailed reception - no action taken?????/Reply ????. No night receptionist. This Ruined our stay massively, also resulted in us having a bad day after. but we still had to pay 30 euro's for the awful night. and more.

• whitlock19837548
  • England, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
13th Sep 2016

Pros: Very central. A nice big room. Big kitchen. Cons: Breakfast was simply bread and jam. The room could do with more than 2 plug sockets for a 12 bed dorm. Also there is no way to dry your hands in the communal bathroom.

11th Sep 2016

This was my third consecutive year at the hostel. For me the greatest asset is the ability to park my car(free) right outside the door and the short walking distance to some of the greatest traditional music venues. I always go to Westport when I visit Ireland and will always stay at The Old Mill so long as they continue to maintain their present standard.

• joryanjo9696
  • Ireland, Female, 31-40
25th Aug 2016
7.1

When I arrived the staff seemed very rushed and the girl checking me in was more interested in answering the phone than showing me anything, she basically opened the door and I figured things out for myself. The room was very clean but there were no lockers so I had to leave my stuff in my car. The bed was comfy but got no sleep the walls are very thin so I could hear entire conversations and loud snoring all night. I would stay again if in a groupbut not solo.

• Ireland, All Female Group, 25-30
20th Aug 2016

Not really "free parking" as there's only 5 spaces that were always occupied, but parking in the car park beside was cheap enough. And not really what I'd call a "free breakfast" as it was just a loaf of bread. But for €25 a night these are very minor things that wouldn't bother me really. Very friendly, very clean, and safe. Bang in the middle of the town.

• Northern Ireland, Male, 18-24
15th Aug 2016

Great place! Lovely staff who were easy to get on with, very laid back and personable atmosphere, clean as a whistle and generally just a really tightly run ship. Highlights included a spontaneous acoustic guitar singalong, complete with French girls providing drums (French girls who should totally get in touch if they read this, just saying) and that great bread they make for breakfast. I don't have many complaints, only minor nitpicks, (kitchen lights are a bit low, bunkbeds a bit small etc.)

15th Aug 2016
6.9

The beds are bad and so small. My back hurt every morning. There's no where for privacy in the building, and you can hear every step, door and word no matter where you are, you either get boiling hot or freezing showers, there's spider webs everywhere as well. The people were nice but most of the staff were travelers and didn't speak much English.

• Slovenia, Female, 25-30
14th Aug 2016
7.7

Very average. There are codes to access the rooms which was a bit different. The beds were not great, but the location was wonderful!