The Oldmill Holiday Hostel

Fabulous 338 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Nov 2016
6.9

Someone ate my brand new, labeled giant tub of Oreo ice cream!!!! To say I was bummed was a major understatement. Guys - watch your ice cream! Also, this was the first hostel from my 5 month travels were after checking out at 10am I was told I must leave the hostel and could not use the wifi nor leave my bags for a few hours.... Odd, very odd! Facilities were perfectly fine!

• Czech Republic, Female, 25-30
27th Oct 2016
7.4

I have stayed here just for one night. The price was average for bed and it is situated in gret location! I really liked the staff at reception. They were really kind, helpful and cheerful. Only one thing - I would appreciate wider choice of food for breakfast. Maybe, they had it but it was a little difficult to find all the stuff. Anyway nice, stylish place.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
8th Oct 2016
3.7

The Staff was friendly but a lot was wrong during our stay. 2) There was 1 room (on another floor) who kept us awake all night (Saturday night). They were screaming & shouting. Supposedly a stag party. We did og down to ask them to keep it down. but it still continued. Also E-mailed reception - no action taken?????/Reply ????. No night receptionist. This Ruined our stay massively, also resulted in us having a bad day after. but we still had to pay 30 euro's for the awful night. and more.

• whitlock19837548
  • England, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
13th Sep 2016

Pros: Very central. A nice big room. Big kitchen. Cons: Breakfast was simply bread and jam. The room could do with more than 2 plug sockets for a 12 bed dorm. Also there is no way to dry your hands in the communal bathroom.

11th Sep 2016

This was my third consecutive year at the hostel. For me the greatest asset is the ability to park my car(free) right outside the door and the short walking distance to some of the greatest traditional music venues. I always go to Westport when I visit Ireland and will always stay at The Old Mill so long as they continue to maintain their present standard.