The Oldmill Holiday Hostel Reviews

Barrack Yard, James Street, Westport, Ireland

Excellent location and amazing night life! The hostel was clean and the bed was very comfortable. However, it's not the best value for money hostel you would find.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Staff was wonderful. Kitchen is fully stocked and easy to use. Hostel has a warm, welcoming quality. The location is ideal and the old mill is such a beautiful building. I love the stone walls! The only little hiccup in the system is with the door code which is changed every day. This is good for security; however, they change the code around 10 am, but the office closes for a couple hours then, so there a period there where we're unable to learn the new code and can't yet return to our rooms.

Lovely place with great staff, communal area is perfect for meeting new people IF YOU WANT TO. Bit loud in the evening since Westport is apparently a bit of a Stag night trap but that's the town, not the hostel!

Beautiful, old stone building in the middle of town. They change the door code every evening so you have to get the latest code to get in. They didn't have a computer. I enjoyed my stay there.

Pas de petit déjeuner jusque 9h 45 car le personnel n était pas présent...et la réception de même

• 9th Jul 2015

We are very sorry that you did not get breakfast, a main member of staff did not show up for work and gave us no notice. This is a very rare situation and could not have been foreseen or prevented. We have given the staff member a disciplinary caution and we hope it will never happen again.

the hostel is such a lovely place, the people really nice and always there to help you to organise a trip. The guy at the reception called the taxi for us and organised a bike trip!. We had scones for breakfast and the rooms and bathroom were realy tidy and clean. The best hostel i went to in ireland!!

• 4th Jul 2015

The location is very good, near the station train, very clean and tidy, modern kitchen and all staff really kind and efficient.

I was very happy with my stay at the Old Mill hostel. The rooms and beds were nice, sturdy and clean. Met a great crowd of people - the common area is a nice place to be.

• 29th Jun 2015

U could easy to met friends in the kitchen

if you leave early, ie before 8am get your food the night before as the kitchen does not open till 8am...otherwise not a bad hostel in good location, cooking facilities are good...

Lockers would be helpful. You could park next to the hostel for free, but just on weekends.

Very nice kitchen and common room. However, lockers would be more than welcome...

Being locked out of the common area at 11pm was annoying as it's nice to have a bit of a chat, cup of tea etc before hitting the bed.

• 12th Jun 2015

Room: Tidy and clean. Sheets are clean, a few plugs available, reachable by Wifi and a few hooks to hang your clothes Kitchen and common area: Clean, available and the area is spacious enough to guests. Only opens from 8am-11 pm as it's on a separate building from the rooms Toilets/Shower room: very clean MAIN ISSUE: the SHOWER! It's barely usable! It's very cold at the start and gets burning hot at the end. Free breakfast - home made bread which is very tasty actually with jam and butt

Thank you for your positive review - we had the electrician in to replace a thermostat which controls the hot water - we hope this will fix the problem with the hot water being too hot -

I left my jacket in the room. I rang the hostel as soon as unpacked . The gentleman I spoke with was very helpful & rang me back within a half hour after checking with the cleaners. They posted the jacket to my address & I received it on the 11 Jun 15. We really enjoyed our time in Westport & we have booked to stay another night in the OldMill Hostel this coming Aug :)

• 6th Jun 2015

Thanks for the very positive feedback! and we looking forward to meeting you again in August :)

The Oldmill Holiday Hostel is in a very central location, within a 5 minute walk of pretty much all the pubs and restaurants. It has no curfew and the staff are friendly and very helpful. It has a great look with it's rustic stone exterior but it is contemporary and clean on the inside.

Thank you Gary, I think you explained exactly what we are about

Second time this summer staying in the hostel. It is grand and handy for weekends and for getting yourself a base to do walks, cycles or climbing Croke Patrick. They are strict on the check out time which is fair enough and the person in charge asked us to leave the kitchen at around 11.30am on the day we checked out which again is fair enough as we were due to go that day.

• 15th May 2015

Thank you Patricia for the excellent review :)

A great place to stay. One other man in my dorm and he did not snore. Brilliant location near Matt

• 10th May 2015

Thanks Pete Great review :)

* Lockers in the rooms would be ideal * Hooks/Seat or something to put your things on in the showers is needed

Great hostel, Tasty bread for breakfast, Friendly staff...& two guitars...Yay!