The Oldmill Holiday Hostel Reviews

Barrack Yard, James Street, Westport, Ireland

The hostel has a lot of character (old mill), the staff was very accommodating and the overall atmosphere was very good. Bathrooms could be cleaner - shower cabins did not drain properly. The second night there was some commotion by some young residents and there was none to respond to it. Overall, an excellent place from where to explore Croagh Patrick, Westport House, and the county of Mayo.

Had a fantastic stay here! Staff was very helpful and friendly. Located right in the center of town. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here!

Rooms are very basic and small though clean enough. The place could do with a bit of renovating, the hall leading to my rooms had an unpleasant musty smell, probably from the old carpets, the light just over the shower in the men's bathroom was not working and you had to shower in relative darkness. The kitchen was quite comfortable, clean and well equipped as well as pretty modern. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Overall I was happy enough but not terribly impressed with my stay.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

I had a fantastic stay here! This place had the biggest and cleanest kitchen I've ever seen in a hostel and was open with the common room, which made it easy to meet lots of travelers. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. I highly recommend a stay here!

• 12th Jul 2014

this was a classic hostel--clean dorm room and excellent kithen/common area with lots of interesting people. the staff were friendly and accommodating.

Thanks so much for your positive review! Thank you

It was a really good hostel. We were very surprised!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Thank you ! Please tell all your friends about us! We love positive reviews and we hope to see you again sometime

This hostel was wonderful! The staff was wonderful, the breakfast was delicious (the man in charge makes awesome muffins), and the location was right on the main drag. Two thumbs up!

• 21st Jun 2014

Thank you Meghan! for your positive review - it is good for all of us working here to get such positive feedback. We'll keep baking those muffins!

Great Hostel, staff is extremely helpful and friendly, stayed in a dorm, nice common room, feshly baked yummy scones for breakfast :)

• 17th May 2014

What a great place to stay! Not far from Croagh Patrick Mountain and great in town location.

It was good standard, nice staff!

i stayed for one night. For me everything was perfect.

Nice place all in all but could do with some improvement. Kitchen is huge, which is great but they are lacking in equipment. Good security on the doors but no room lockers. Atmosphere was a bit dull as they close reception at 11 and that then makes everyone move into main building. This causes a lot of noise.

Cute hostel, friendly people, clean, good facilities.

Very friendly, and Central.

Worm and friendly, great stay.

Had a great time at this hostel, it was a bit quiet when I was there but they had just opened for the season so that is understandable. Thee were still people around and the staff was quite friendly. Beds were comfy!