9.2
Superb 87 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 87 Total Reviews
The Otarunai Backpackers Hostel Morinoki Located at 4-15 Aioi Otaru, , Hokkaido Otaru.
Japan
Hokkaido Otaru 047-0028 4-15 Aioi Otaru
92% 87
43.1913674 141.0034865
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th May 2016
8.0

Morinoki was a chill, fun, slightly hectic little place. The staff were friendly and helpful despite limited English (and my minimal Japanese); make sure to ask them for their recommendation of a sushi restaurant! The walk from the station is a pain though. Grab a cab if you can afford it.

• India, Female, 31-40
7th May 2016

I think the Morinoki Hostel is the cutest, cosiest hostel in the world! It has so much character that I wished I was staying there for longer! The owner of the Hostel stays there and is warm and helpful. He guided me to try out a really,cool authentic sushi bar that was kinda obscure but it was the best sushi that I had ever had and totally made my birthday. The hostel has a dog and cat, so a big plus for animal lovers. Its walking distance from the Otaru music box museum and canal.

7th Feb 2016

I though the hostel was very nice and the owners and staff were courteous and polite. Everyone made me feel at home. However, the rooms are all open so other travelers were often walking through. Furthermore, each bunk bed only had one thin curtain that was too short to allow privacy. I hope the hostel might be able to install locks and new curtains to make the hostel feel more secure.