The Otarunai Backpackers Hostel Morinoki Reviews

4-15 Aioi Otaru, Hokkaido Otaru, Japan

Best hostel I've ever stayed! Wonderful place!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Macau

located on very high level, but not a problem walking alone to hostel at night is a little scary Anyway very beautiful hostel very friendly staffs very good atmosphere very cute corgi

Felt more like a home than a hostel. Probably the best hostel Ive stayed in a long while. Really enjoyed my stay there! Great cooking space, really clean, staffs were nice but busy most of the time. There are pets (a dog and a cat) which I really like. Hako, the dog is really cute and well behaved he doesn't bite, so i won't recommend this place if you detest dogs and cats. One down side is they do not have lockers. But overall, its really cosy and i really really really love this hostel a lot!

One of my favorite hostels that I stayed at over 3 months! I was given a recommendation from a previous hostel owner and I'm glad I found it. Its located on top of a hill very near to a temple. At night from the chill space (which is so comfortable) you can see the surrounding houses on the hills with all their little lights. The staff were very accommodating and spoke great English! I hated leaving this place so much.

Lovely hostel in Otaru. The staff provides a Japanese style breakfast for 390yen if you tell them the night before. The atmosphere is very homily. Halfway through breakfast, a worker came in with jumbo shrimps from the market and cooked 2 up for us for free!

• 6th Jun 2014

Had a lovely stay here! The staff are very kind and helpful, everything is clean, and the beds are very comfortable. The location can be a bit confusing sometimes, but within a good distance from restaurants, convenience stores and sightseeing. I would definitely stay here again. It feels just like home!! Thank you!

View all Hokkaido Otaru Hostels