The Pelican Larry Hostel Reviews

Calle 20n#6an-44, Santa Monica Residencial, Cali, Colombia

It is all good, especially the staff ( who make or break any place). I am still here 4 days later,so it must be good!.

• 11th May 2014

Staff really helpfull and friendly. Location really great (between the bus station and the city center) Quiet ať night. Kitchen well equiped. Bikes to rent. Supermarket ať 10 minutes by walk...all you need as a backpacker is in this hostel.

All staff is really friendly and helpful. The facilities are relatively good but they have to do something about the bathroom on the upper floor which has no door to the corridor and the inside doors are flimsy and remind be of primary school - absolutely no privacy!

Don't know what to say really, it's a basic hostel that has what you need for a reasonable price but there's nothing to stand out. Kitchen by the patio is nice!

Many cockroaches is our room. Very few people staying there and mainly males! Other than that: ok.

Decent hostel with helpful staff and close to lots of bars! Only 15 mins from the centre. Recommended

Enjoyed myself. Thanks for everything.

A great Hostel with great staff!

• 13th Dec 2013

Carolina very helpful with where to go and what to do/see in Cali. Other staff were also helpful. TV room (good choice of movies!), kitchen, very slow computers. Location is next to all the salsa clubs. The atmosphere wasn’t great during my stay (there wasn’t a lot of people), so I switched hostels (which was a very good move).

This is a fine hostel. I just did not like that they claimed in their profile there was a free Sunday BBQ, free breakfast, a pool and good wifi when all were untrue. I would have been happy at the hostel if they hadn't blatantly lied about their facilities.

Great hostel and very friendly staff. Enjoyed the free dancing lessons aswell.

Very friedly and helpful stuff which made this stay really a pleasant experience. I highly reccomend!

Excellent hostel! Safe, clean, very confortable beds (2 mts!), good shower, nice garden for chill out and meet other travellers!

Extremelly nice staff, especially Carolina is so nice she gave us many good recommendations where to go in Cali and as we came to Cali for salsa she told us where we can take some classes and enjoy the nighlife. I love the atmosphere there and they also offer free salsa classes. I felt soo good in that hostel.

The helpful staff at Pelican Larry make all the difference! Also, it is close to stores, salsa clubs and restaurants of all price ranges. The salsa classes were fun and the teacher was very patient and thorough. I liked the outdoor area for eating and socializing as well. It is a bit run down, but still holds up to lots of use!

Really cool place and the staff was really good with helping you out this is a must stop while in cali...

Nice place. Good location in a nice part of town. Feels pretty safe although the lockers are all pretty much broken in Dormitory 4. Hot water in the showers was broken for the first day which was eye opening. The hot water came on last two days with strong pressure. Cali is cool. Chipichape Mall is close, river/park, market, cathedral, all close. Tres Cruces peak is a hell of a climb. Take 2 water bottles on a hot day. Takes way longer than 45 minutes. Paragliding is cool but kind of a trek. WDO

Average stay. The good points: the staff were excellent. Faultless. The bad points: the kitchen was filthy. Overall a bit of of clique happening in this hostel were the long stayers dominate but over all it was a functional if slightly drab stay.

Great hostel with super friendly staff. The facilities are all really good, kitchen is big and clean and has everything you need in it. The location is good, and everything you need or want is within walking distance. Its a great hostel.

I liked Pelikan Larry so much, I went back again - first time I've done that. I think the AWESOME day staff contribute a lot to the great atmosphere of the place. The girls at the front desk and the cleaning staff and just awesome people, and Beatriz the salsa instructor is a sweetheart. Beds are super comfy, and bathrooms and lovely and clean. Best shower I've had in ages! Like the long table in the communal area - great for meeting other guests. Kitchen good enough.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7