The Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

Wot Bo, Angkor School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

1952 Total Reviews

Staff were super friendly and really helpful. Fantastic hostel.

Perhaps a bit overpriced compare to other options in Siem Reap, but you'll have a great time!! Pool is a welcome break from the heat! And all the staff are generally friendly and helpful.

Hi there, we reckon you are getting what you pay for here at the SRH with our unmatched facilities including pool,cinema, pool table, yoga room, bar, restaurant and more. We aim to show what a quality hostel can offer to our guests while providing the best salaries and leave conditions for our staff. You can be sure that your good times here are assisting the local community - we love our staff and the Hostel is committed to improving their lives. Have fun! :-)

We had a very pleasant stay at The Siem Reap Hostel. There was one time that they forgot to get us a tourist guide even when we asked twice the day before. Other than that, we truly got value for our money.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

Glad you enjoyed your time here, though I should add the lack of a guide was partly due to your group not confirming with us that this is what you wanted - as a result we've reviewed how we offer this service in order to not repeat the same problem. All the Best!:-)

I love the pool and the common area, great place to hang out and relax… Staff were friendly and the room was clean. Best hostel I have been to in a long time!!

• 16th Sep 2014

Beautiful hostel, nice bar and pool area. Great for meeting new people.

Definitely a luxury hostel, I tried both the dorm and the private rooms and they were both quite good. The privates are definitely a better deal if you are not traveling alone. Great laid back atmosphere and close proximity to restaurants and pub street. One of the nicer hostels i have stayed in.

Fantastic free pick-up service. I arrived at 10.30pm and the driver had waited at the bus terminal. Great location, close to the old market. Staff is helpful giving all sorts of info. All rooms have AC and huge lockers. Love my stay in the 6-person dorm but won’t recommend the mixed dorm. People talked and laughed loud after they came back from pubs at 3am and the room was messy and filthy with clothes and bed sheets on the floor. Breakfast is not included and there’s no kitchen to use.

HI and thanks for the great score. Sorry about your noisy & messy room mates in the basic dorm, all dorms are cleaned and tidied daily but there isn't much we can can do if people ignore the signs we have on the walls asking them to be considerate of others. Breakfast is available for a nominal $2 which only goes part way to covering the cost of providing a healthy range of fruits, cereals pancakes and more. Happy trails! :-)

I highly recommend this Hostel. The staff were kind and very helpful, the facilities were clean, and the atmosphere was amazing. The hostel offered a lot to do including free bikes, a billiard table, a pool, and cheap yoga classes (I loved Thomas!). The bar always had people and the $2 buffet breakfast was tasty and convenient. I also really appreciated that the hostel was very helpful in planning excursions to the different temples and ruins.

• 12th Sep 2014

Pretty good chilled out bar area, very nice rooms with good ac and comfy beds. They also do the free airport pickup and free bicycle rentals that are very handy.

I stayed here for three nights with two friends. We were very happy with our stay and we would definitely stay there again if back in siem reap.

This is a good hostel to stay at. It helps the local people and is located close to Angkor wat, pub street and the local circus performance. I think as a lone female traveller, I did not think the staff were particularly helpful or made me feel safe. They gave my room number out to a tuk tuk driver infront of me which worried me. If they were a little more willing to give information about the local area, this hostel would be even better.

Hi, our drivers log which guests they take out for tours. This helps when there's issues like lost property. All our drivers are trusted with our guest's safety while your out & about. Similarly we trust our drivers implicitly as part of the Hostel team & I'd expect this would help guests feel safer - we are doing our best to look after you without getting in the way of having fun here in Siem Reap. We managers are here most times to help with any extra info - come & find us! All the best! :-)

This place was absolutely the best!! Great swimming pool right by the bar and community area. Easy to make friends!!

This place is as good it gets. Even swimming pool available. Great common area, cheap drinks, good food, fast WiFi and the rooms were clean and large, the beds great. Could not wish for anything more. Planned stay was 3 days, ended up 7.

The Siem Riep Hostel is a very nice place to be. The bar with swimming pool serves nice drinks and food. It is also a good place to meet other travelers. The price is a bit high but you also get a lot for it! Pool, Cinema en very clean rooms with AC.

I have nothing bad to say about the siem reap hostel. Facilities are huge, with chill out space for everybody (hammocks, pool sofas, etc). Probably the most entertaining yoga class i have had or will ever have. Gus and grease?? Were amazing and gave us great advice on where to go, eat, drink, plus lots of insights on khmer culture and traditions. We had the most amazing tuk tuk driver (Heang) and a great time at the bar meeting other travellers. Only about 3 blocks away from pub st. Thanks guys!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

No problem at all - thanks for the great review! ;-)

One of the best hostels we have stayed in across south east asia.

As a hostel, they have more than a typical hostel can offer. The people are warm and very accommodating. One thing I liked most is the free pick-up from the bus station. :-)

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

I stayed at The Siem Reap hostel for 3 nights, and the best thing about the hostel is its location (Its just a five minute walk from pub street) . the rooms were nice too, i was staying in the 18 dorm, and the only complaint i had were the washrooms, they weren't clean most of the time, and there was problem with the lock on the shower door too. The bar area was extremely lively, with a nice swimming pool and great food too!

Hiya, thanks for the review. The shower rooms for the basic dorm you stayed in are cleaned 3 times a day - they do have some iron staining in the tile grout which is scheduled for renewal in coming weeks. Have fun! :-)

Best hostel I've stayed in, they have excellent facilities and the bar was a great social aspect to meet other solo travellers. Highly recommend.

I had an amazing stay in The Siem Reap Hostel! My room was clean and i love the pool! :-) Would definitely come back and stay here again. Although the lady at the counter could be a little bit more friendlier. Nonetheless, one of the best hostels i have ever stayed in! Good job!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7