The Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

Wot Bo, Angkor School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Perfect stay!!!

• 17th May 2015

Nice to hear! - Thanks :-)

One of days the hostel Had no energy. Location great. Room and bathrooms could me more clean.

• 17th May 2015

Hi -by no energy, I think you mean no power: again, Siem Reap was hit by a wild storm that took out the main lines into town & we were without for 4 hours. We're in a developing country meaning basic infrastructure isn't always so great. The SRH is committed to improving the lives of some of the poorest people on the planet by providing vocational employment & training opportunity. Our guys work hard to provide standards they can, as yet, only dream of at home. All the Best! :-)

Really good hostel, one of the best in Southeast Asia so far. Very good rooms and mattress, air con on all day in the room makes a difference. The pool is a great bonus and they still have a nice bar, good food, cinema, pois table, free ioga class, and a very simple and practical tour table, that really helpes everybody. People are amazing and the environment is great to make friends. I extended my stay in Siem Reap because is this hostel too, I definitely recommend it!

• 13th May 2015

Great hostel, friendly and social, clean and good location. I'd stay here again !

The place to be at Siem Reap, the best staff in town.

Excellent hostel and very helpful staff

It's quite far from the city centre, compared to the other hostels. Also, it's not really clean, they really can work on that. But, it's totally worth your money, it's not expansive and the atmosphere is great, with a cinema, pool table, stuff like that. I think this is probably the best place to stay in Siem Reap and it's one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at.

Hi there. In actual fact we are in the top 5 Hostels for proximity to town - exactly 500m from our front door to Pub st. That said we're still No.1 for everything else! Our efforts to keep the place tidy are continual and extensive (please check other reviews), however the cheaper, big dorm you stayed in does tend to get a little cluttered with room mates belongings if everyone doesn't keep their stuff in order. Thanks for the kind words and all the best to you! :-)

This place was absolutely fantastic. As a hostel they are doing absolutely everything right. The staff was super friendly and a lot of fun to hang out (lookin at you, Dreiss!) with, and the atmosphere and setup was such that you were guaranteed to make new friends at any part of the day. We were only there for two nights and were sad to leave. Would love to work there!!

• 8th May 2015

I´ve never been at any hostel like the Siem Reap hostel in my entire life!. It's impressive how awesome is the combination of all the important factors: clean and confy rooms/beds, amazing positive energy for all the travellers, happy and motivate staff, great food, perfect location, great spots to chill quiet, free pick up at the airport and..50 cents beer!. It's an enviroment which will make u feel welcome either if u are travelling alone(my case) or you are travelling in couple or groups.

• 8th May 2015
  • Colombia

Loved this hostel. Clean, comfortable, great facilities, cheap tours and great staff. Only one tiny suggestion...maybe start using table numbers in the hostel restaurant. My order got mixed up a few times and that kind of thing could be very easily avoided :)

Lovely, clean comfortable hostel with great staff and facilities. Five minute walk to the Main Street. Cannot recommend highly enough.

I'm trying to find something to complain about and honestly can't - this is one of the best places I've stayed at. It felt like a home away from home, but with the added advantage of great communal spaces and social atmosphere. The staff were quite friendly, and the in-house travel/tour desk was really helpful for planning activities around Siem Reap

Hands down one of the best hostels I stayed at in SE Asia. Great common areas. Aircon in room throughout entire day, Movies during the day and night. I stayed in siem reap much longer than intended because of this hostel.

nice hostel, very clean. currently construction on road and power/wifi goes off frequently, but that can't be helped.

Hi! thanks for the nice review. Siem Reap is finally getting some much needed infrastructure funding - please realise we are in a developing country with a history and context very much different to that of it's neighbours- and so the roads are getting widened and paved properly. The power had some issues which are now resolved. Happy travels! :-)

I quite enjoyed my stay, staff friendly, pool always clean, rooms clean and aircon is a plus. Only problem is power went out 6 times in the 3 days I stayed.

• 4th May 2015

Hi! glad you enjoyed your time here - yes Siem Reap suffered extensive power cuts over the past 2 weeks after a wild storm caused extensive damage to the supply lines from Thailand. This is the worst we've experienced in some years here and extended problems like this aren't common, thankfully. All part of life in a developing country and the work's complete now! Whew! All the best! :-)

Siem Reap Hostel was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfy and the AC was a glorious relief from the Cambodian heat. The bar offers an awesome 50 cent draft beer happy hour and also had delicious food. It's a great hostel to meet people, as there are many social activities scheduled daily. I would definitely stay here again.

Loved the free pick up - great (& unique) service! The hostel-affiliated tuk tuk drivers are really great - makes travel easy. The staff is helpful, especially the 2pm food tour guy. He helped me with angkor tours, circus tickets, bus tickets, and my Vietnam visa. He's patient! But the lockers suck. My (normal) lock didn't fit. And there was a hole in my locker. And the dorm wasn't too clean: flies in the sink and dirt clumps on the floor. Put a mat and shoe rack in the dorm!

Hi & thanks for the kind words, particularly about our reception services. I don't really understand how your normal lock didn't fit our normal locker, we've never had that complaint before (we sell locks for $1 though). As for the crack in the locker door, it's repaired now & would have been for you if you'd let us know. There are mats at the entrance & at the base of each flight of stairs. We can't make everybody wipe their feet though.

The breakfast is poor, just only fruits, bread, and tea or coffee for 2 $!!. We wish to have some eggs or meat. The electric supply is not stable. We got electric black out for the whole morning.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Thailand

Hey! You forgot the unlimited pancakes, spreads & cereals (including muesli) & fruit juices. We provide this for below cost to our dorm room guests & free to those in private rooms. I'm not really sure why you didn't order eggs & meat if that's what you wanted. Our full menu is available from 7am to 9.30pm & there are plenty of options. Also not sure why you scored us lowly based on the city's power supply. Anyways, thanks for the review. Happy trails.

Perfect except shortcuts problems

• 2nd May 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in my experience of traveling. Very nice and helpful staff. Facilities are clean and top notch. Common rooms are big which makes making friends so easy. So many activities going on just within the hostel itself you can just spent one whole day in there if you want to. Just amazing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7