The Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

Wot Bo, Angkor School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Stayed in two other hostels while in Siem Reap (didnt know if was a Khmer New Year in April) and this one was my favorite! The indoor pool and bar area is a nice chill area set up so other travelers can meet and talk to each other, Pub street is about a 8 minute walk across the river so is pretty convenient if you wanted to go there as well.

The attendants were friendly and knew places to check out including the best routes to take to get there and pricing of transportation. It was very helpful for someone new to the area. Thanks for being incredible assistance!

Siem Reap Hostel is a great opportunity to stay for short and long time. The staff is extraordinary friendly and helpful. They have well organised tours & TUK TUK Drivers with fair prices. The hostel has very nice balconies to relax and chat to other travellers. The bar is very welcoming to have a drink or two. The cleaniness of the room was not very good. The staff does not clean properly behind doors and in corners. But it is still acceptable for the price.

• 5th Apr 2014

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The atmosphere is so good and everyone there wanted.to have a good time. The pool is a plus when you have been at Angkor Wat the whole day. I loved it here.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel! Friendly place, pool, bar, probably the best hostel I stayed in so far. Not sure it was worth paying the extra for the 6 bed dorm.

It would be convenient if they were to add a shelf unit in the shower area. Aside from that, everything was wonderful.

This hostel was one of the best places I've stayed in Asia! The tours, bar & rooms were great value for money. The staff were really helpful & friendly. I loved every minute of staying here. The location was perfect, there was loads to do & I would definitely stay here again.

• 1st Apr 2014

Thanks Bun Hak for your great hospitality!

Great hear such nice things about our hard working staff - and they love it too. Happy trails.:-)

The good thing about this hostel is the location, you can practically walk to the city center. Although around midnight the streets to the hostel didn't have much light. The vibe of this hostel is OK, though I don't really like the attitude of the staff. It is correct that English is not their first language, but a lot of South East Asian countries that don't have English as their first language and still manage to give excellent manner without good English. PS. Bring small changes in USD.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

HI there, thanks for getting back to us on this. Sorry for the misunderstanding about pick up from your bus from BKK, there many services these days & you hadn't told us which one you were on - our staff are working at what can be a tough gig in our bustling Hostel & generally they get much praise for their efforts.Personally I'm very proud to work alongside such dedicated, hard working young people. All the best.:-)

Highly recommended. Clean dorm, nice bar area (with swimming pool), very good location (5-minute walk to main city attractions), helpful staff, possibility to book tours or bus rides directly from the hostel.

• 28th Mar 2014

LOVED the pool and the 2$ breakfast buffet!

Worth staying. Value for money is acceptable since they do charitable works. Staff could improve a little bit more on customer service. Should add big signs in dorm room about importance of silence and respect for fellow backpackers.

Great location, staff, and atmosphere. Free pick up from the airport and only a five dollar return ride back to the airport. Travelled alone, didn't want to stay in shared room. I rented a pvt room for two- on my own ($34) and it was completely worth it. Very spacious, really big bathroom, and own balcony. Also free laundry services if you have a pvt room. Honest people. I dropped $300 USD outside the hostel and their tuk tuk driver came up to me and handed me all my money back!

• 25th Mar 2014

One of the best hostels. Its a little bit more expensive but it is totally Worth it. Very very clean and with new facilities. The Pool is a pleasure after visiting the Temples.

I've stayed in over 60 hostels/guest houses over Europe and Southeast Asia and this is one of the best. They get it. - Do the little things to make your guests happy! Hell, even bike rentals are free. Who does that? And a free pickup from the airport. If I was ever thinking of opening up a hostel I would use this one as a blue print. Also, the owners showed genuine concern for me when I became severely dehydrated and took care of me going above and beyond. Thanks again!

You're very welcome - thanks for the nice review and glad you're feeling better! Cheers :-)

Nice, friendly hostel. Great location, only 2 minute walk to markets and Pub street. Dorm room was clean and had great air con and fans. Hostel gave us push bikes for free for the day. Also organised day exertions and out bound buses. Has a pool which is great in SIem reap as it's so hot!

Loved the pool and cinema room. Staff really friendly and willing to help. Also our affiliate tuk-tuk driver D was great for exploring the temples.

The cleanliness can definitely improve, but it's ok since it's in Cambodia and you are much better than other places we visited. We Chinese really like some boiled water to make some tea. It can only happen when we are having breakfast. It will only take a few bucks to buy some thermos.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • China

Hi & Thanks for the mostly positive review. In regards to the tea, we happily serve hot water for tea from our bar 6am until 11pm. I'm sorry we didn't make that clearer. Our cleaning staff have been receiving good praise here lately, even through this hot & dusty season. Thanks for keeping us on our toes though. We are always striving to improve.

Great place to stay, everyone there are really helpful and the bar/pool area is really good fun. I would definitely head back.

Really enjoyed my stay here, would definitely return here if I were to go back to siem reap!

• 21st Mar 2014