The Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

Wot Bo, Angkor School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

2070 Total Reviews

Very clean bed and bathroom. Shower has strong water pressure. Plenty of power outlets per bunk. Average buffet breakfast. WiFi connection inside the dorm rooms is very weak and intermittent but you can report it to them right away to have it fixed. I just didn't have the time to report it though since I'm always away and immediately doze off once I return to the hostel. Internet connection is a lot better if you're in the lounge or on the ground floor.

Could not fault this hostel! Fantastic facilities - pool, bar, restaurant, tours/rentals, etc. Staff, including tuk tuk drivers associated with the hostel, were friendly and helpful. Breakfast included with private room was good. Very impressed and would definitely return.

I had an amazing stay here, would like to have stayed longer really! Staff were amazing, really clean place, massive lockers, cheap drinks, good food and tuk tuk drivers great plus free pick up from the coach! 30 mins to angkor wat, 5mins walk to pub st. My only slight gripe was my bed being a little hard but I guess that is the standard in Cambodia having now stayed elsewhere! Over the last 14 months I've stayed at some great hostels but this for me is the best.

Staff were very helpful. The room was clean and fresh. The atmosphere was great! Definitely stay here!! Only a short walk into pub street...

Room was clean and had good air conditioning. The social area was great for making friends and happy hours were good. Staff was attentive and there were many tuktuks available to take you around. Just a short walk to pub street and the night markets. One of the best hostels I have stayed in!

Seriously everything you need from a hostel as a budget traveler. The hostel staff were super helpful, and I spoke with many of them. They helped arranged everything for me, bus out, tours, advice. Breakfast is great, although I do enjoy fresh brewed coffee but this is not a problem - they had all I needed. Pool, game tables, three movies a day, yoga. Dorms were clean and cool so were bathrooms.

Located at the river bout 5 min walk to the pubs n restuarants. Great facilities, pool and pool table. Only complsint is the wifi signal was not strong and hard to get a spot in order to skype family without signal going

Hi - we have an extensive WiFi network covering the whole the building connected to fibre optic, super huge bandwidth. Occasionally modems need resetting - we do have signs around the place asking you to tell us if it's not working properly and we would have happily fixed it for you had you've told us. Hope you're still enjoying your travels! :-)

Top notch

Most amazing hostel I've ever stayed in! Really nice pool and bar area downstairs, food and drinks are cheap, clean rooms, friendly and caring staff, just a short walk from everything, they offer shared tuk tuks for the temple tours at a good price, and organize everything for you from quad tours to travel tickets. Plus the wifi access is excellent in the entire building.

• 14th Nov 2014

I have to say my expectation was pretty high fr this hostel but I was disappointed! Firstly, I couldn't find my way to the hostel and one local lady gave many calls to pick me up but no one turned out. Secondly, I booked this hostel because of the pool but it's almost indoor pool¬ really clean. Room was good and AC works so well, indoor bathroom was bonus!Expensive tho!!

Thanks for commenting positively on cleanliness & AC & bathrooms. Our address is well known around town & is written clearly on our confirmation email, as is a request to send us your arrival details (by email) if you want to be picked up. You failed to do this. Our pool is mostly undercover (as shown in photos on this site). It stays refreshingly cool during the sweltering temperatures here. As for the swearing & personal insults to our staff, (yes we had them removed), How dare you! Respect.

The place to stay in Siem Reap! Everyone cared about you. I was called by name by a couple of the staff starting on my first day of arrival! Super ideal place to stay - close to the old market and pub street. Hang out at the bar whenever you get a chance!

Great location very close to town but not loud at night. Great facilities, enjoyed using the pool and the pool table. Free pickup from the airport and free use of the bicycles. Staff were friendly and helpful, buffet breakfast was good too.

Great Hostel! Perfect and clean facilities, even in the dorms. It has a swimming pool, cinema, bar and restaurant are open all day long, much space to socialise and also to be on your own, ... They also support locals in a lot of different ways. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed!

The facilities here were second to none. They have the pool of course, but also movie showings in their 'cinema' several times a day and yoga classes as well. It's the backpacker version of a resort and I greatly enjoyed my stay here!

Good location, airport pick up is handy. Bar, restaurant, pool, yoga room, cinema room, lots of organized trips in set price tuk tuks- very reasonable and easy to socialize with others staying.

• 10th Nov 2014

Great hostel and I would definitely stay here again. The owners have really put a lot of effort into what makes a great hostel and they care about the guests as well as their staff. The pool was fab, as was the cinema room. I met lots of people here and we all agreed it was an excellent place to stay. Each dorm bed has a light, access to a socket and lockers under the bed and the beds are very comfy. The hostel is very clean and I felt safe there too. Thank you - I really enjoyed my stay :)

You're very welcome. Thanks for the nice review.

We had an amazing stay there. Highly recomend this hostel.

Great place with amazing buffet breakfast, and staff is very friendly and welcoming.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Very easy to meet people, either in your room or in the bar/hangout area downstairs where there is always someone. Very convenient to have the bar downstairs as not only is the beer cheap but the food was nice to have. The breakfast wasn't the best, but it was only $2. Very easy to book trips to the temples here as well. The town is just a 5 minute walk away and there's a gas station right across the street for anything you need.

Booked 2 nights but stayed 5. Big hostel and easy to meet lots of people; helpful staff can assist you with everything you need to visit/book. Dorms are a tad cramped, but everything is pretty new and quite clean. Fans and AC in each room; restaurant (overpriced) and pool downstairs are nice additions. Pool table, cinema- it really is a pretty rad place; at $8 is isn't cheap but you get a lot. Would stay again.

Glad you enjoyed it here. You stayed in the basic dorm where we try to cater for those on tighter budgets. Our deluxe dorms for a couple bucks more give you plenty extra space and ensuite ablutions for 6 people - these dorms are where the SRH really kicks butt in the whole 'luxury hostel' concept. Still, we're not snobs - we want everybody to come and check out our beautiful Hostel. Maybe I'm biased but, as a passionate traveller myself, I think it's real value! All the best! :-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7