The Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

Wot Bo, Angkor School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

1937 Total Reviews

Fantastic free pick-up service. I arrived at 10.30pm and the driver had waited at the bus terminal. Great location, close to the old market. Staff is helpful giving all sorts of info. All rooms have AC and huge lockers. Love my stay in the 6-person dorm but won’t recommend the mixed dorm. People talked and laughed loud after they came back from pubs at 3am and the room was messy and filthy with clothes and bed sheets on the floor. Breakfast is not included and there’s no kitchen to use.

I highly recommend this Hostel. The staff were kind and very helpful, the facilities were clean, and the atmosphere was amazing. The hostel offered a lot to do including free bikes, a billiard table, a pool, and cheap yoga classes (I loved Thomas!). The bar always had people and the $2 buffet breakfast was tasty and convenient. I also really appreciated that the hostel was very helpful in planning excursions to the different temples and ruins.

• 12th Sep 2014

Pretty good chilled out bar area, very nice rooms with good ac and comfy beds. They also do the free airport pickup and free bicycle rentals that are very handy.

I stayed here for three nights with two friends. We were very happy with our stay and we would definitely stay there again if back in siem reap.

This is a good hostel to stay at. It helps the local people and is located close to Angkor wat, pub street and the local circus performance. I think as a lone female traveller, I did not think the staff were particularly helpful or made me feel safe. They gave my room number out to a tuk tuk driver infront of me which worried me. If they were a little more willing to give information about the local area, this hostel would be even better.

This place is as good it gets. Even swimming pool available. Great common area, cheap drinks, good food, fast WiFi and the rooms were clean and large, the beds great. Could not wish for anything more. Planned stay was 3 days, ended up 7.

The Siem Riep Hostel is a very nice place to be. The bar with swimming pool serves nice drinks and food. It is also a good place to meet other travelers. The price is a bit high but you also get a lot for it! Pool, Cinema en very clean rooms with AC.

I have nothing bad to say about the siem reap hostel. Facilities are huge, with chill out space for everybody (hammocks, pool sofas, etc). Probably the most entertaining yoga class i have had or will ever have. Gus and grease?? Were amazing and gave us great advice on where to go, eat, drink, plus lots of insights on khmer culture and traditions. We had the most amazing tuk tuk driver (Heang) and a great time at the bar meeting other travellers. Only about 3 blocks away from pub st. Thanks guys!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

One of the best hostels we have stayed in across south east asia.

As a hostel, they have more than a typical hostel can offer. The people are warm and very accommodating. One thing I liked most is the free pick-up from the bus station. :-)

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

I stayed at The Siem Reap hostel for 3 nights, and the best thing about the hostel is its location (Its just a five minute walk from pub street) . the rooms were nice too, i was staying in the 18 dorm, and the only complaint i had were the washrooms, they weren't clean most of the time, and there was problem with the lock on the shower door too. The bar area was extremely lively, with a nice swimming pool and great food too!

Hiya, thanks for the review. The shower rooms for the basic dorm you stayed in are cleaned 3 times a day - they do have some iron staining in the tile grout which is scheduled for renewal in coming weeks. Have fun! :-)

I had an amazing stay in The Siem Reap Hostel! My room was clean and i love the pool! :-) Would definitely come back and stay here again. Although the lady at the counter could be a little bit more friendlier. Nonetheless, one of the best hostels i have ever stayed in! Good job!

Good place to meet people if you are travelling on your own (big common room there is a board where you can sign up to share a tuk tuk to the temples) . However staff and atmosphere not very welcoming. The price is quite high compared to other hostels/guesthouses.

• 4th Sep 2014

Hello! It's a good place to meet people as we provide a luxury hostel experience we believe is real value with our cool facilities unmatched in the region -they're listed here on our HW site along with the prices. Sure, there're cheaper hostels in town but they ain't us -which is why we were awarded #1 in Cambodia & 10th Best Large Hostel Worldwide at this year's Hostelworld Hoscar awards. Our staff take great pride & joy in their work - check all the other comments on their efforts! XO :-)

Excellent hostel that packs everything you would need in a hostel.

Everything you need from a good hostel. Great location, excellent staff and really clean. Tuk Tuk drivers and tours were excellent. Highly recommend!

Lovely staff, so helpful. Rooms were such good quality.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • MPlain123

Excellent hostel... Great staff, great atmosphere, a lot for money, awesome location. The owners give a lot back to the community and treat their staff as they should. Will definitely be going back. Best place to stay in SR.

This hostel was perfect for our needs. We only had 2 nights in Siem Reap and managed to fit most activities in due to the expertise of the staff, the tuk tuks outside the hostel, and regular activities on offer. We stopped in a dorm with air con, and it was everything we needed. Lovely spaces outside the room as well for a chill out... Brill! Very happy.

Great hostel!!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Helpful staff, fantastic atmosphere, and good value for drinks and food. Oh and there's a pool!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7