The Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

Wot Bo, Angkor School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

cool vibe and the Aussie guys who work there are great. The Khmer staff are pretty rerrible though. The manager, if that what he seems impatient and is not very warm. when I asked about other places to see in the area he offered zero feedback...thankfully the Aussies are there. The bathrooms are not particularly clean.

I would have loved to have given this hostel 100% across the board. The staff are awesome, the place is clean, has really good food, lots of activities, spacious rooms and lockers, aircon, pool and warm water (none of which are a given in Cambodia). Sadly, wi-fi was more than spotty most of the time and I was in the middle of a visa application, which made dealing with it a real pain in the ass. But if you can live with wifi that glitches out every ten seconds, then this hostel is awesome.

Had a great 3 night stay at the Siem Reap Hostel. Stayed in a 6 bed female dorm, the beds were spacious

Awesome -- good food, fun environment, helpful staff. Highly recommended!

The Siem Reap Hostel was everything we could have asked for. we were picked up from the airport only to be brought to our room which I'd classify as a spacious hotel room. The place was always being cleaned, the managers Gus and Dreisse were exceptionally helpful, and their staff were pure class (shoutout to Pisset and Pov). The place has great eats, a 3 hour happy hour and a refreshing salt water pool. Perfect complement to trekking Angkor Wat. Can't say enough good things about this place!!

Thanks much - we'll be giving the boys at the bar a bonus for looking after you so well! Cheers! :-)

Staff is a bit uneven, from a bit gruff to super friendly. I loved the bulletin board to share temple rides, many solo travelers, so it is easy to make contact.n Location is only 5 min from Pub street - a garish western 'Spring Break' outpost (Disclaimer: I am 20 years older than that crowd) - but a longer walk from the (somewhat) less touristy parts of Siem Reap. Price for small dorm at $10 is higher than average + gets you a private room at the less hip Backpacker hostel a few doors down.

This is like a perfect hostel! It's like they went through the list of what makes an amazing hostel and ticked off all the points. This is such great value for money and the buffet breakfast is great and the meals they serve are awesome (although a bit more costly then eating out). Staff are friendly and helpful, and the place is constantly being cleaned. A+++++ I've been backpacking for 10 years and this is one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at.

Very helpful staff who can help you with all your travel needs while in Siem Reap, makes everything easy. Nice tuktuk drivers as well. Great location.

Staff was extremely friendly. Nice bar / restaurant and all kind of activities in the hotel.

Many reasons its super popular and even voted one of the best hostels in SE ASIA. The pool is nice and never in use! Cheap 2$ breakfast buffet is a super good deal for siem reap. Reasonably priced hostel, great overall.

The hostel is ok for Cambodia. They have a nice cinema room , the pool indoor so water is cold in the morning , very good for the tours to the temple because you can share a tuc tuc with others from the hotel Wifi is no very good

The breakfast is amazing and for only $2, a great way to start the day! Really clean and a fantastic location.

Loved my stay at Siem Reap Hostel. The manager, Gus, as well the entire staff were helpful and kind. The pool was a delight after several hours of touring Angkor Wat. The Khmer food from the restaurant was delicious: I exp. liked Chicken with Basil, and the Stir Fry Mixed Veg dishes. The $2 buffet breakfast was great value as there was so much fruit to choose from. My only negative was being unable to escape from the tuk tuk driver who picked me up at the station. He claimed he was mine:(

One of the best hostels I have stayed at so far. The staff are so helpful and friendly. Wonderful pool and bar area that you can meet new people or just relax. Extremely safe and well looked after. I will be sure to come back. Thank you Siem Riep Hostel.

You're welcome - from all of us here! Thanks for the great review. :-)

Definitely in the running for our favorite hostel of the trip. Everything was clean and friendly and sociable. We were 3 people out of a 6 person dorm and the beds were great, there were lights and power at each bed and lockable storage for an entire backpack per bed. Really great. The hostel picked us up in a tuktuk at the bus. We requested the same guy to take us around Angkor Wat the next day and he was amazing! I wish I hadn't passed his card on so I could recommend him here.

Excellent hostel, great facilities and info on the various things you can do in Siem Reap. Has its own cinema which was cool, although we didn't get the chance to use it. Staff are v helpful

Not really much to complain about. Clean rooms with big shower. Breakfast was not included in the dorms.

A short walk across the bridge from great food and shopping. The staff are all very helpful with planning day trips. Request Ramone as your Tuk Tuk driver...we loved him! You'll be grateful for the pool after hours in the heat.

Smashing pool, staff, and 50 cent beer. Loved the extra activities available (especially yoga) and having an extensive bar/restaurant in the building.

The tuktuk pick up is a great service!