The Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

Wot Bo, Angkor School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

This has to be my favourite hostel after 9 months of travelling! Very clean, helpful and friendly staff, bar and pool area a great place to meet other travellers, shared tuk tuks are a great idea, love how the owners really want to help the local community.

We had an amazing stay there. Highly recomend this hostel.

Great place with amazing buffet breakfast, and staff is very friendly and welcoming.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Very easy to meet people, either in your room or in the bar/hangout area downstairs where there is always someone. Very convenient to have the bar downstairs as not only is the beer cheap but the food was nice to have. The breakfast wasn't the best, but it was only $2. Very easy to book trips to the temples here as well. The town is just a 5 minute walk away and there's a gas station right across the street for anything you need.

Booked 2 nights but stayed 5. Big hostel and easy to meet lots of people; helpful staff can assist you with everything you need to visit/book. Dorms are a tad cramped, but everything is pretty new and quite clean. Fans and AC in each room; restaurant (overpriced) and pool downstairs are nice additions. Pool table, cinema- it really is a pretty rad place; at $8 is isn't cheap but you get a lot. Would stay again.

Glad you enjoyed it here. You stayed in the basic dorm where we try to cater for those on tighter budgets. Our deluxe dorms for a couple bucks more give you plenty extra space and ensuite ablutions for 6 people - these dorms are where the SRH really kicks butt in the whole 'luxury hostel' concept. Still, we're not snobs - we want everybody to come and check out our beautiful Hostel. Maybe I'm biased but, as a passionate traveller myself, I think it's real value! All the best! :-)

Superb. Best place ive stayed thusfar.

The bathroom was nice and spacious- great shower head. (We had a private ensuite) we were in walking distance of the markets and pubs streets but far enough away not to hear the craziness. The staff was friendly and helpful, including their Tuk-Tuk drivers who offered fare prices.

Great hostel with lots of ideas for day tours and the whiteboard is great to find people. Tuk Tuk drivers were great and really friendly (particularly Radi) although prices are set so no bargaining which means it can be pricey if you're alone.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment. We've set our prices as we believe in providing a fair income for our drivers - we take no commissions from them & in return they provide reliable honest service to our guests. You're welcome to try & save a couple bucks on the street but we can't guarantee what you'll get & hey -is it really that expensive for a days work? As you mention, we have a whiteboard for solo travellers to sign up for sharing tours - a great way to save $ & share the fun! :-)

Not the cheapest hostel, but one of the better. Spacious rooms, very clean, good beds. Nice pool, good athmosphere, easy to meet people. The only thing that they could improve on is an included breakfast, since I now payed $4.5 a day for bacon, eggs, baquette and an orange juice. All in all makes that this is not the cheapest option (you can probably get a hotel room in town for the same price), however I would still recommend anyone to stay here.

Hi & thanks for the review. We believe, as experience travellers ourselves, that you are getting what you pay for with our unmatched facilities, beautiful rooms and range of services. Re food prices, we provide a healthy, all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast for $2 that includes fresh fruit, juices, pancakes, toast & spreads,cereals, tea & coffee. We make environmentally sensible choices (such as not using palm oil) which can cost a little more. Again, I reckon it's worth it. All the Best :-)

Great place to stay - would stay again! Very clean. Staff helpful. Organised tuk tuk to pick me up from bus free of charge.

Great social atmosphere. Good food and drinks. The bar area has a nice vibe with good music and a nice, clean pool. Rooms are a bit cramped and there are only two toilets and showers on the dorm floor to share with 30+ people. It seems they are doing some renovations so hopefully that will change soon. The staff and owners are very nice and seem to do a lot for the Khmer community. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again!

A great place to stay! Easy too meet people, and it really had everything - bar, pool, loads of places to chill and hang out, movietheatre, pooltable, and great opotuneries to go exploring the temples!

Loved the location of this hostel - walking distance to the market area of town but far enough away to be quiet. The breakfast is the best thing about the hostel! The pool and bar are cool but theres something lacking for the ultimate atmosphere. Extra services like laundry, massage, cinema room, etc are great.

Hmm perhaps you were after a party hostel - there's plenty of choices in town for drinking games & pub crawl action. We have loads of cool common spaces(pool,bar, restaurant, great tunes, pool and foosball tables) if you want to make new friends, as well as chill stuff (cinema, yoga room,hammocks, day spa & clean beautiful rooms) if you need downtime. We do score consistently higher for atmosphere than any of our rivals - check the other reviews here! Hope you're having fun! :-)

really great hostel! very social place, so it was easy to make friends as a female traveler. still quiet enough to sleep when you felt ready. would definitely stay here again!

Loved this hostel!! A little more pricey than others but worth it in my opinion. Good communal areas for meeting others, helpful friendly staff, nice pool for cooling down, good food, cheap drink, good location, clean, secure - locked dorms and big lockers for everyone. Can't recommend enough and would stay here again if I'm back in siem reap!

It's a good hostel with good location and facilities

The hotel was nice and I was picked up from the bus stop for free so that was also nice. I was glad to find out that the room was spacious and the bathroom was clean.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Great pool , breakfast and people

Everything I could hope for in a hostel. The common rooms are always bustling and busy with new people to meet. The staff are friendly and helpful. I did want to check out early and the gal at the front desk wouldn't refund me the last night I booked, which was annoying. Showers were a mosquito breeding ground but made showering ~interesting~. There was no hot water my first night there. Floors were often dirty but they let you wear shoes inside. AC was strong, WiFi was good. Toilets were clean.

Hi & thanks for the great score! We have a 24hr cancellation policy as stated here on our Hostelworld site - guests are welcome to book longer than they may think they need & they can cancel by 2 pm the day before departure at no charge. Problems with mozzies & hot water are things we love to know about so we can fix them asap - we want your stay here to be great. Floors are mopped daily & it does help if everyone uses the mats (at the foot of every stair) on the way up. Hope your having fun!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in ever. Great facilities, helpful staff, tour sign up board and big bunks. Make sure you attend the documentary screenings in Cambodia that are on in the cinema every evening at 6pm.