The Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

Wot Bo, Angkor School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Great Hostel! Clean and nice and with a great athmosphere.

Great place. Location is perfect, facilities are great and everything looks new. The swimming pool is a plus. Perfect.

Everything was great here except I found the bar music a bit too loud all of the time and the hostel is surrounded by buildings being worked on so a lot of building work noise. However, you would miss this if you spent your days discovering the beautiful temples (I just so happened to have already done this). Pool was gorgeous, wifi was good, food ok (just go to restaurants or Pub Street within walking distance).

HI! We reckon we've got THE best playlist from indie classics to latest remixes& everything either side & in-between. We keep it chilled daytime but we don't mind turning it up of an evening- we do have several chill spaces. The only construction nearby is across the rd - when it bothers us we ask them to relocate their tools & you must've missed our daily chef's specials - tho we're always happy to point to some of our favourite eateries in town. Have fun! :-)

My favourite hostel of the trip ! Having a pool and cinema on the premises was perfect. Staff were lovely and helped us to quickly organise our trips, and the atmosphere at the bar/dining area downstairs was always buzzing with people, an easy way to meet new faces! The Siem Reap Hostel won 10th best hostel in the world and best hostel in Cambodia so celebrations were had during our stay. Would return !!!

This place is amazing!!! Great location, quiet yet only 5-10min walk to pub st, staff so friendly!! Good food from the bar, trips well organised, rooms huge

We only stayed here for two nights but it was a great place! Very clean, lots of people, great drink specials at the bar! I would definitely stay here again!

• 2nd Feb 2014

The Siem Reap Hostel was amazing! The staff especialyy Dreiss were so nice and accomodating to all the guests needs. They also had tours and trustworthy tuk tuk drivers to get you from place to place and and to whatever you want to see in Siem Reap. If I ever go back to Siem Reap, I will definitely go back to The Siem Reap Hostel. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Sick hostel, nice bar and pool

When in Siem Reap, I won't stay anywhere else. Period.

I am glad to leave some feedback for this hostel. This is a really good hostel in everything. All the staff were very nice and friendly and the facilities are very comfortable and clean. It is near the Old Market, so I could do some shopping easily and had fun hanging around at night. I want to appreciate the staff's kindness here.

I think that the hostal can be more clean, probably some smal details....Breakfast was delicius and other than that my wife and I were, pretty good satisfied with the service

Nice hostel with very friendly personnel. The rooms are big, the bed comfy and the common area nice. However the cleanness of the bathrooms is not so great, it smells because of humidity. The swimming pool looks great but it is actually covered, so you can't really enjoy the sun. they have an army of smily and fair tuk tuk drivers. you can also borrow bikes for free.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Our bathrooms are cleaned every day ^& we in management work closely with housekeeping staff to achieve best results - many others have commented positively on this recently. Lately we have been subject to town water shortages in Siem Reap & we've been having to use bore water - sometimes it has iron in it & can smell a little rusty but it's perfectly safe for bathing. Re the pool: very, very nice in in the warm months ahead. All the Best :-)

Good: very good location, short walk to main shopping/eating area. Friendly and helpful staff. Pretty clean. Booked an 18 bed dorm but it was split in two parts so didn't feel huge which was a positive. Bad: only 2 toilets and 2 showers between 18 people which after a sweaty day at angkor wat meant waiting a little while. No locks on the dorm doors. Wasn't much of a vibe while we were there.

Best hostel I've ever stayed. Great rooms (6 bed); and really good common area, including a swimming pool and a bar! (happy hour with 50 cent beer) Helpful staff and no problem at all with Tuk Tuk drivers. Short walk from the Pub Street.

Well run hostel. Staff and managers are really friendly and helpful. Beds have good mattresses and huge lockers below. Nice bar to socialise. 5 min walking distance to bar street. Several Wifi-Routers on all floors, internet OK fast. The hostelburger is a feast. Has a tourdesk with all tours to Angkor Wat, but they gladly help to organise more spontaneous tours with local tuk-tuk-drivers. They have reliable drivers at hand. Don't miss "beng malea" temple. I enjoyed my stay very much.

Great buffet breakfast included in price of our room and also one free load of washing which was very appreciated! I would say our room was more budget hotel spec than hostel which was amazing. Very lively bar with loads of atmosphere and the whole hostel was immaculately clean. The staff could probably do with being a bit more cheery. About a 5 min walk into centre.

I stayed in three hostels in Siem Reap. I see why this is the best one.

Over my two-week trip to Cambodia and the Philippines, this was my favorite hostel! All six of the girls in my dorm were solo travelers, which meant that there were always people to go out to dinner with, tuk-tuk about with, and share stories with over happy-hour beers downstairs. Next time I'm in Siem Reap, this is where I'll stay! (It was funny, though... in my five-day stay, I never saw anyone use the pool! :D)

I am very happy I chose this hostel.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

Such a great place, I've been staying here for 2 weeks now and I've really enjoyed it. Great AC, pretty good wifi, very friendly and accommodating staff. I usually go somewhere else for breakfast but for $2 you can get fruit, cereal, pancakes, and coffee. Cheap drinks, movie room, yoga room (when there's not class you can just use it on your own). There are a lot of great places to stay in SR but for the price you're really getting a lot at this hostel. I definitely recommend.