The Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

Wot Bo, Angkor School Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Our stay in the hostel was amazing. The facilities were great, the location was perfect, and the staff was supremely nice.

Top hostel! Schone kamer en badkamers, zwembad, bioscoop en gelegenheid om yoga te volgen. Het ontbijt voor twee dollar was ook top en lunch en avondeten ook. Het zat overal dichtbij en anders kon je ook gratis een fiets lenen. Zeker naar toe gaan als je naar Siem reap gaat:)!

For one the staff didn't know how to be rude and couldn't fail at providing answers to my many questions, so I had to leave without my normal complaining. On top of that, the showers were super huge and private when all I wanted was a dirty crowded space. Also, at other hostels there is nowhere to make out and get handsy with fellow travelers but this place had a cinema, yoga room, many balconies, an awesome pool and a bar so I had to have the best time ever. Worst place ever to have a bad time.

Glad you weren't an absolute nuisance when you were here and didn't have an awful experience like so many others don't. All the Best ;-)

Very good hostel, facilities and everything. What is more important, the staff aleays so helpful and nice. Not much to say, but that this is an excellent hostel and you wont regret staying here!

I had to leave Thailand for a quick visa renewal but decided to check out Siam Reap at the same time. I was a solo traveler and this hostel was perfect for me. They have sign ups for tuk tuk tours of the temples able to fit four people each. You just throw your name up on the whiteboard and other people will hop on your tour with you saving you a bit of money and you can meet some new friends.

the staff here are amazing and the atmosphere is perfect for meeting new friends I have already recommended this place to some of my friends.

Really enjoyed the hostel itself as the rooms were nice, bar/restaurant was good (50p beers) and it has a pool. Strangely though there isn't much atmoshpere in the place and the bar was often dead by around 9pm. Location is slightly further out from Pub Street and the market than other hostels but Siem Reap is so small this isn't really an issue. If socialising or partying isn't an issue for you then this place is perfect.

Hi, thanks for the kind remarks.We had some huge nights at the bar during your stay - I'm not sure how you missed out. Please check the many other comments about how easy it is to meet people here! That said, we don't claim to be a full on party hostel & we like it that way... The markets are exactly 350m from our front door. Pub St only 100m further on which is about as close as you can be to still get a good night's sleep when you need it. All the Best! :-)

Great location easy to get around. Lovely pool nice bar etc. staff were pretty friendly helpful bunch. Wifi was pretty average but hey this is Cambodia!

Thanks for the kind words. In regards to the wifi, we have an elaborate array of wireless routers that cover every inch of the building & the fastest fibre optic connection available, but yes, like you said, this is Cambodia, where neither stable power or water supply is guaranteed, let alone internet services! I'm glad you understand that our staff do their best in what is still primarily a 3rd world country & I think they do a great job.

Amazing hostel - I loved it there. Super clean and only a 5 minute walk to pub street. Everyone there was super friendly and they had sign-up boards for tours so it was very easy to find people doing all the activities there (and they also have a bar/restaurant on the first floor which is great for meeting people as a solo traveller). Last but not least, having a pool is the best after a long hot day out.

Excellent place for solo travellers...everyone ao sociable and there's a nice communal bar area to hang out in too. Perfect place to explore angkor wat as its easy to meet people to share cost of trip with. Would also recommend getting the guide!

• 31st May 2014

Wonderful social atmosphere, easy to meet other solo travelers, recommend the circus - hostel reception sell tickets, the hostel serves great food and drinks and very reasonable indeed, had a slight issue with one of the tuk tuk drivers who collected me from the airport / apparently he was annoyed at me as I didn't take him the following day? Nothing major - this is a superb hostel and which I heartily recommend.

• 28th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Rooms were quiet and cool, with good blackout curtains and good bathrooms

Nothing to complain about. One of the beat hostels I stayed in SEA!

Awesome $2 breakfast. Very good Internet. Well run place that always seems full. Try to request a bottom bunk in advance because getting up to the top bunk is more awkward than normal.

Good hostel with many facilities in affordable price. Buy the hot shower didnt run well, in my opinion

• 25th May 2014
  • Indonesia

I had an excellent stay in this hostel. Staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful. Complete facilities and sometimes I felt like not leaving the dorm at all (lol) because of the comfy atmosphere and friendly people. Free bike rentals (but sukhar told me at the last minute!) and I'd gone a long walk already for 2 days. Location is very accessible and every tuk-tuk driver knows where the exact location is. Will definitely come back here! :)

Thanks for the great review! Hope to see you again. Happy Trails

I've traveled the world and this is the BEST hostel I've ever stayed in. All the little things that hostels should have, it has. The little extra cost is well worth it. Big dorms (I was in a 6 bed dorm), with decent beds that dont squeak! Awesome pool, bar that's not noisy late at night, travel desk. Staff aren't always particularly friendly but still very helpful. Thanks for a great stay!

Simply amazing, staff, information, location. Perfect.

Probably the nicest hostel I've found. I sprung for a private room, which was much larger and more comfortable than I expected. But the guys I talked to in the dorm room seemed satisfied with what they had. The room was perfectly clean. Great social scene. There's a lively pool/bar downstairs where you can meet other travellers as well as smaller common areas. Staff works hard, gives guests all kinds of support (bookings, advice). Reserve early. Thiwpplace fills every day, even in low season.

Great, good breakfast, helpful staff, free bike rentals, cute are and close to the airport.

• 22nd May 2014