The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Had a great time there :) The staff is so friendly and helps you with everything. I can really recommend this hostel and also its bar. It is easy to find and really in the heart of the city (from our bathroom I was able to see Big Ben). It is clean and I felt very safe there.

• 29th Oct 2013

Although not very clean, I think it was clean. But if you care too much about hygiene, you may have a problem because of the shared bathrooms and toilets. I never heard that train sounds or noise for 4 nights but maybe it was just me. By the way they offer free earplugs. Staff is amazing. Very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect, you do not need to take any kind of public transportation to see most famous places. But if you want to use tube, it's approx. 2 minutes by walking.

Impeccably clean hostel for old building standards, staff was cool and really friendly; steps away from the Big Ben. Hearty breakfast, surprisingly quiet at night (even though those beds tends to be a little creaky) and very, very safe environment. Best value for my money hands down! Would definitely come back again.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Spain

Staying at the Walrus was my best hostel experience yet and one of the highlights of my trip. The staff was awesome — very helpful, cool people likely to grab a pint with you at the hostel bar when their shift is over. The location is great — walking distance to Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and South Bank. If you wish to go elsewhere, it's literally 300 meters from the tube station. The atmosphere was the best. Met lots of really cool people in the bar, one of whom I went sightseeing with!

very satisfied

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Czech Republic

This hostel was a lot worse than we expected. The woman who checked us in cared more about her plans after work than checking us in, and after a long day of travelling and carrying heavy bags its very inconvenient. The beds were very uncomfortable, you could feel all of the springs. There is no common area, just a bar. The showers were so gross, I even found a mushroom growing out of one of the stalls. The area is very sketchy. Would never stay at this hostel again.

Living quarters were a bit cramped and beds were not as comfortable, mattresses were a bit lumpy. The water pressure in the bathroom wasn't too great either. But either way, it was a very warm atmosphere and the friendly staff made it so much better. Really enjoyed my stay here!

Great place to stay! Staff was beyond helpful

Near all the main attractions. Very friendly and helpful staff, the bar is a nice hang out place, and the facilities were well maintained. The included breakfast was really nice also. Great experience overall!

An unique building in an amazing location. The staff are friendly, and you can hang out with locals and travelers alike at their bar, on the ground floor.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »