The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

BED BUG FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I slept at The Walrus Hostel for 2 nights and got bed bug bite then I have to change to another hotel. It is really unpleasant experience. Please pay more attention to the cleanliness issue!!! 在床铺发现跳蚤并被咬了 卫生状况堪忧 值得注意

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • China

Well located, clean and with very helpful staff. Long stairs make kind of exausting to get in and get out of the bedroom, especially if you get a room on the fourth floor.The bar is cool, but it's difficult to meet people. In general, it was a good experience.

The outlet for recharging 3C products, cellphone/camera/NB, seems not enough and some outlet is hard to be reached for some beds.

• 1st Oct 2013
  • Taiwan

Great location, nice pub, beds pretty "springy"

The best hostel London with awesome staff and great atmosphere.

an excellent experience

• 28th Sep 2013

Very clean and excellent location. The staff are awesome and very helpful. Overall it was a great experience however i have 2 points of minor feedback to improve the hostel. 1. The mattresses need an upgrade. The first day I woke up with a really sore back. 2. Would be good if the hostel organised more social events to mingle with other travellers. Aside from breakfast this was a little challenging. But overall a great hostel

Everybody was very nice and cool. It was not comfortable the storage room for luggage, you have to ask the crew every time you need something from there. Breakfast is great and the crew also, they give you good advice to plan your day.

• 22nd Sep 2013
  • Argentina

Very nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Great location, very close to the most important attractions in London. I'd recommed this hostel for 100%. :)

great location, good rail connection- -waterloo, westminster or north lambeth. lovely staff,very welcoming. hostel lovely and clean

Excellent Staff, Good Location. Horrible facilities but you can't be too fussed with one or two nights at a hostel

• 18th Sep 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel has a good location and close to the tube. The rooms are extremely small and you can barely find space to put your stuff. The atmosphere was not great when I was there but that can depend of the time of the year.

Disgusting. I was supposed to stay 7 nights, but left after 4. It was very run down. No living room/dining area (if you didn't want to sit in the bar). Beds were old and seen their best days. "private" rooms were essentially part of the dorm but had a curtain. No secure locker to keep valuables. Horrible. And I have stayed at lots of hostel - eewwww. Oh, and showers were disgusting and mouldy and old.

The staff And location are the best! But the toilet always dirty!

Great hostel and staff. They were really helpful and kind. Comfortable and clean bed. The location is very close to the underground, so it's easy to get there. And there's breakfast!

I really really loved my stay here in London to kick off my UK/Ireland tour. The Hostel was a 5 min walk from Lambeth North Station where I did a ton of my travelling by tube. Though I will be honest, you need to have toilets that won't clog up so easily especially after going number 2, just a piece of constructive criticsm. But other then that, the staff are not only great but know how to have fun with the customers like myself, plus I got to see a good chunk of London. Thank you.

I enjoyed my stay here. The hostel was very near a train station with easy access to many of the London tourist attractions. It would be nice to have larger lockers to store your belongings in, but overall I felt safe leaving my non important items unsecure. The atmosphere and staff were great. I would stay here again, and I would recommend to others.

I'd stayed the hostel for 4 days. At first the reason I booked it because It was recommended as the best hostel in London on the website "Hostel World". so I booked it, but I think everyday staffs do not clean all of the toilets. Besides, when toilet bowl was clogged for several days, it didn't get solved. So for me using a toilet was very bad. Please mind clearness of all of the roos in this hostel.

The rooms where small and the lockers where also tiny. The bathroom wasnt really clean and the state of the building looked old. The staff was helpful though, and we loved the guy in the bar.

Best and friendliest staff you can possibly think of!! We could have breakfast on our arrival day. Free towels and luggage storage and location is perfect - 5 minutes walk to the Houses of Parliament. Only negative thing are the mattrasses. Need to be renewed urgently, not comfortable at all and very saggy. However I would stay there again!