The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

Had such a great time staying at the Walrus. The Hostel was in a great location and had everything we needed. The staff were super helpful and probably the nicest people we've encountered so far on the trip. The atmosphere of the Hostel was really good and we met so many people.

It could not be better! A great staff! Even the train does not disturb this place with its noise! I will come back as soon as possible!

The hostel was good but not great. Staff are very friendly and helpful. However the facilities aren't great. My bed was squeaky and a bit wobbly I had a top bunk. My mattress had a indent in the middle which meant I didn't sleep that well. I had to sleep over my pillow to fill the gap. I was on the first floor and the bathroom does not have heating so when you get up to use the loo in the middle of the night it's absolutley freezing. Apart from that location is great and breakfast is good too!

• 31st Dec 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The staff was amazing!! The greatest people on Earth! Always helping you out with a big smile. The location is also great. The bar was very nice as well and the prices were good for London. But the amenities were awful. First, we were supposed to be in a room of 18 but there were 20 beds in our room. Second, the ladies bathroom on the first flood was not heated. It was cold enough that you thought your genitals might freeze and fall off. The bedroom was also cold. The kitchen was too small. Etc.

I just have to say thank you for everythink, I had an amazing time in London staying in the walrus.

There should be more toilets and showers, there were queues to use them. The location has advantages and disadvantages. It is perfect for the New Year's Fireworks, as it is at a walking distance to the London Eye and Big Ben. However, it is next to tunnel, a railway and an underground station, so the atmosphere of the area is not so good. You can still find ways to avoid walking inside the tunnel to get to the main points of interest. Very helpful staff and would stay there again.

Very helpful friendly staff, good location very walkable distance from a lot of places or right near the tube.

The Hostel is very well located. Walking distance to main attractions. Room was OK but not so much outlets to be used. Internet in the room did not work. Hostel was slightly old and dirty. Bathroom was a catastrophe. Luckily we have booked only for one night.

I absolutely loved The Walrus! The staff are super ridiculously friendly, the location is unbeatable (right next to the Waterloo station, 5 minutes from the London Eye), the bar is super fun to hang out in. It might not be the BEST hostel for solo travelers, but as part of a group it was perfect. I highly recommend the Walrus for everyone!

This was a very lovely stay! The staff is so helpful and warm. The beds are comfortable and the showers are good. I really enjoyed the breakfast and the kitchen facilities, too. I was at the hostel for work and it was not only super-convenient for that, but also gave me quick access to so many places for the in-between times. It was nice to be able to enjoy a pint before bed, so the bar downstairs (which did not disturb my sleep) was a really good bonus! :)

• 7th Dec 2014

Friendly staff, and cosy atmosphere.

bathroom sink is always stuck, no hot water at night

Amazing location! Only five minute walk from London Eye and Big Ben. Close to restaurants and bus stops. The 18 mixed bedroom was okay and clean. It also has very big lockers in the room which is very helpful. The bathrooms are really really bad though. I took a shower in two different showers and the water was super hot in both and definitely does not have enough showers for all the guests (I had to wait in the line to shower). The bathrooms were not very clean as well.

First thing, yes, the place is right next to a major London station (Waterloo) and yes you can hear the trains. Doesn't bother me - I am a heavy sleeper. The location is otherwise very good and central - bearing in mind how big Central London is. The staff were great, and the pub downstairs helps the atmosphere. The facilities were variable in my experience, some needed better cleaning.

Fantastic staff and great location. Free breakfast was decent, also free towels and ear plugs provided. Ear plugs necessary as the hostel is almost directly underneath a railway bridge heading into waterloo station. Bar downstairs was great, discount given for hostel guests. Facilities otherwise not great - swaying bunk beds, not enough toilets/showers, on my floor the 1 toilet was blocked and the 1 shower was always cold. Ok for 1 night but I was happy not to be staying longer.

Great hostel 5 minutes from Big Ben! The location is really good. The rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was very good, you also got some fruits which is in my experience an exception in hostels in London. There is also a bar downstairs so if you want a beer but you are too lazy to go out, you just go downstairs. And the staff is just amazing, really nice, really friendly and helpful!

Good, not perfect, hostel to stay. Everything was OK, except for the noise from trains passing by. It is can be quite disturbing for somebody, especialy if he needs to sleep during the day.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Slovakia

The staff and location were really amazing. I highly reccommend staying here- the atmosphere was really good and it was easy to meet people. The only downfall was that the rooms were overheated which can be really uncomfortable to sleep in, but apart from that it was awesome :)

Everything would have been great apart from two things... Firstly at almost 2am we received a knock on our door saying that the rooms had been double booked and we were required to vacate. Luckily it was the staffs mistake and after checking realised that this was not the case at all. I dont think that it is good practice to start demanding that people vacate in the middle of the night without having your facts 100%.... The second was the railway works from 5am outside our window.

We had a great weekend in the Walurs Hostel. The London Eye is very colse to the hostel and the Hostel bar is very cool. In front of the door is the bus station and the subway station takes you only 5 minutes. I can recommend it.