The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

The Walrus was the perfect place for my brief stay in London while I attended a conference. The staff were great and the breakfast was very welcome each morning!

Great location and friendly staff. Unfortunately it's too close to the (very noisy) train station, sleeping at night is difficult..

i stayed 1 night with my friend and we both enjoyed the hostel and the atmosphere there: u cant find a better hostel with the money you pay at Walrus. additionally we checked out in the morning but the staff still let us use the facility for all the rest of the day (shower, kitchen), that is very handy ... and finally staff is very helpful, highly recommended...

• 7th Mar 2014

Totally recommend.

Great recieving when we arrived with a tour of the hostel, tips of activities and suggestions of bars, restaurants and clubs. The staff were great during the stay. I'll definetly recommend the hostel for others.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

The staff were really nice and very helpful, it was really clean and a good location, but the beds were very uncomfortable. That's my only criticism.

The staff was fantastic - very kind, friendly, willing to help with directions or any issues. The only complaint I could make is the backache I was walking around with after sleeping on those springs.

• 24th Feb 2014

The stay was amazing. There can be some maintenance to the rooms a bit. The fan in my room look to be held together by a piece of paste or gum. Other than that i really enjoyed my stay. My room's amenities were especially squeaky (bed, door, etc.) but we all made due. The staff is impeccable and cleanliness is not at all an issue.

• 19th Feb 2014

Great staff, very helpful, clean rooms and sheets, plenty of breakfast and a fantastic location. Highly recommended!

• 8th Feb 2014

Location, it is actually impossible to get a better location in London. It's no more then a 5 minute walk to most the famous landmarks. The walk into the city ever day past parliament and the London Eye you can't go wrong! If your feeling lazy there's 2 tube stations within about 2 minutes. Staff is awesome, breakfast is good. I've been here before and will come here again. Always feels like home. Also a cool bar downstairs a great place to mingle with the locals.

Awesome location,a mighty fine spread for breakfast and great customer service by the lady who did the check-in, thanks!

• 31st Jan 2014

The water pressure in the showers wasn't very good, and the mattress was the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on. However the location was great, the breakfast was good and the staff were amazing, the combination of which more than made up for any other issues. I'd definitely recommend it.

Great staff, but small rooms! Still It's the best choice!

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Actually, i stayed at Horse and Stables because was a problem in the bedroom in Walrus. And i recommend, great staff, it's clean and it's realy close to underground.

• 24th Jan 2014

Great location, friendly helpful staff, great bar with discounts for those staying there. Well stocked kitchen, with a fully working oven. Bar is mainly filled with locals, which can be great if you want to sample a traditional English bar setting on a Friday, Saturday night! Breakfast was decent and seeing as it was free, you cant really complain. Great coffee. Met some really great people, had a really great time. No communal area specifically for backpackers other than the kitchen.

need a hanger for clothes in the room

Was very happy with my stay here, the fact that its so close to the main attractions is great! Only thing for me was that i was staying at the 4th floor, and with my super heavy suitcases (the stairs are pretty narrow as well) it sucks to take them up/down, however michael in the reception helped me take them up (thank you so much), but taking them down myself in the morning wasnt that funny. the staff is great, and either than that i dont really have anything negative to say about this place.

Unfortunately I couldn't stay in the hostel The walrus that I had booked many months ago because they had a inconvenience with the roof of the room that I had chosen. so they decided to move me to another hostel. This hostel was the Horses&Stables which is half block away from the The Walrus Hostel and it was ok. Breakfast included, small rooms, no kitchen, and you can't buy food and eat in there. There is a bar downstairs and they offer a 10% discount. No places to watch tv, such as living roo

All perfect except for the cleanliness, just one toilete for floor and its very durty

the reception/bar staff were extremely friendly and very helpful, the 18 bed mixed dorm was an okay-average room due to their lack of space and lack of electrical socket in the room. the bathroom upstairs was clean and what an amazing hot shower! there are underground station and also bus stop nearby this hostel. also they offering discount at the bar downstair.