The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

This was my first stop on my Eurotrip and I liked everything thing about the hostel. The best thing was the staff, everyone was so chill and helpful. I took their *free bike tour (pay what you want), the bikes were great and the guide very knowledgable. He even let us tag the graffiti walls after. The bar downstairs is also a plus, it's a great place to meet locals and other travelers. I would recommend the hostel to anyone :)

SUPER nice staff, everyone was so helpful!

• 15th Jul 2014

The Walrus Hostel is terrible. (only good location) Shower wasn't working on our floor and was being renovated (tradies working from 9am each morning which woke us up) Window in our room did not shut properly and we were next to the train tracks which were extremely loud and hard to go to sleep. No fan or air con in the room so it was extremely hot 24/7. The basin in the room did not work. This place is a straight up dive, avoid at all costs.

Not so bad

Staff were friendly and helpful, however, after coming back to the hostel after a night of sightseeing, we were feeling grossed out by the hair and pubes in the sheets. It seemed like they had not been cleaned since the last people. The staff gave free earplugs with the room, however, they didn't block out the noise from the trains going past the window. Wouldn't stay again.

A few of the lockers in our room were broken and so only two of them actually were lockable. Also, at times there were not enough showers/bathrooms which I understand you can't really change but it was a little frustrating at times. Apart from these things it was a lovely hostel, everyone was really friendly and helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

Lovely staff. Great atmosphere and location.

• 6th Jul 2014

Absolutely amazing location! 5 minute walk to Big Ben and the London Eye! The staff here are some of the friendliest and helpful people I've encountered at hostels. Beds are super squeaky and bathrooms are small, but everything makes up for it. I would definitely stay at this hostel again.

Ok so I LOVED this place. It's basically an English pub with a hostel on top but you don't hear noise of you need sleep. The only negative was that the lockers weren't big enough for a backpack which meant you needed to store your stuff under your bed so being a padlock or something. The staff was amazing though!

Very good location, Excelent staff, Poor kitchen and showers

• 2nd Jul 2014

Hard to find the first time, but after that you are 15 minutes walking from the big ben. The crew is very friendly and you have discounts in the bar below the hostel. Careful for asking a nightlife advice, they sent us to the gay neighborhood in London

It's very good hostel, the pub is very funny and beer is good

The awesome location right next to Waterloo station and the great staff make the Walrus a perfect place to stay in London. The rooms can be a bit noisy sometimes because of the trains outside so earplugs may become your best friends. But apart from that it's one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Watching football (or soccer, if you are from Australia) during the World Cup in the pub was a really cool experience. Definitely recommended!

Was a great place to stay aside from two main things... The constant sound of trains from Waterloo Station and not enough bathrooms. Great atmosphere in the pub and the staff were very accommodating.

I didn't realize that the hostel's windows look out on to the train tracks, so that part took some getting used to, but nothing that earplugs couldn't fix. The location is impossible to beat!! They aren't kidding when they say it's 5 minutes walk from Big Ben. The Waterloo station being so close is also a huge plus since it connects to most attractions without transfers. Location is definitely the highlight of this quaint bar/hostel!

This place just screams London. It's a fairly old building but it has a very English feel to it if there is such a thing which was cool. The location is nice with a quick walk to Westminster and the staff are great as well. Quite a decent hostel.

Fantastic!! Would absolutely stay again.

• 25th Jun 2014

The staff was wonderful. They let me leave my bags because I was there before check-in. It was decorated nicely and clean. Within walking distance to metro, Big Ben, etc.

Street facing room with train running right underneath, beds crammed in tiny room with no room for bags, Many flights of stairs, just basically run down

This hostel was beyond what we expected. Staff members constantly went above and beyond to make the stay as comfortable as possible. The location was perfect for exploring what London has to offer. Expect to make friends here.