The Walrus Hostel Reviews

172 Westminster, Bridge Road, London, England

it's so noisy since it's not soundproof and near to the train station. i'm a light-sleeper so it is hard for me to sleep well. however, overall, it's a nice hostel. good location and nice staff.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere. Right next to the rail station but we got use to it after a while (kinda rhythmic and soothing). We were able to drop out bags off before check in which was really nice because we didn't want to lug those around for half a day.

The staff is excellent, even if it is in the city center of London, the problem is that there is the train station near it. Passage of train until very late. The breakfast was excellent and finally the comfort of beds is average.

The best part it was the location of it, just right in the middle of London.

This place was great! The staff literally bend over backwards to help you out (free printing, cheap beer, good advice). Felt very at home here and it's close to the waterloo tube station.

Definitely will book again, this place is great, staff brilliant, friendly etc..

The most friendly staff ever :)) They made my vacation even better :) If i ever come back to London I will definetly go to Walrus hostel. Keep up the good work :)

• 15th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Train constantly going by the hostel makes it extremely loud. Even with earplugs, we found it difficult to sleep.

The ground level is a really cool bar with great atmosphere. You get a discount on drinks while you stay there. The actual hostel is a little run down. The mattress I slept on was terrible. I stayed in the 18 person room. It wasn't too bad except one person was snoring the whole night so no one was able to sleep. The showers in our room were also not working. The lockers sucked as well. For 1 or 2 nights it's not bad. Location is great!!! Staff was very nice and helpful!

Our 1 night stay at Walrus went well. We arrived before check-in and were able to store our backpacks in the luggage room while we explored the area on foot. Can't ask for a better location. Would be nice if the lockers in the room were slightly bigger (we both had carry-on size backpacks that wouldn't fit). Some noise from train tracks, bar and road traffic/sirens but we slept just fine even without earplugs. Staff were great, atmosphere in the bar in the evening was nice. Would stay again!

Great little hostel in London above a pub- decent breakfast, fairly easy to meet people at the bar downstairs. Close to many key London sights (big ben, Westminster abbey, south bank, etc.). Shower and bed facilities were a bit below par when compared to other European hostels, but good wifi. Friendly, helpful staff- Would stay again!

Great place, superb location! (5 min walk to the Big Ben), staff was really helpful and welcoming, they are always available and happy to help you or tell you where to go or what to see, very nice people . I highly recomend staying at this hostel, this is definetly as good as it gets.

• 4th May 2014
  • Mexico

The staff was friendly and very keen to help. The room was good, clean, well lighted and ventilated. I like it has a pub downstairs, yo can have a beer there and afterwards if you go to sleep you don't feel the noise of it.

19 lads on a stag do for three days was good for what we needed

• 2nd May 2014

Small hostel in good location, very nice staff and good breakfest.

It's got everything you need. Great location, really helpful staff, good pub on the first floor, amazing breakfast, not too expensive. There should be a bigger locker, though. My backpack wouldn't fit in them.

This was the first hostel I ever stayed in and it was an amazing experience. The staff were so welcoming and always willing to help. For a solo traveler, there are plenty of opportunities to make new friends as there are always people in the kitchen or bar to talk to. The location is perfect- I could walk to the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and many other attractions. Best of all, breakfast is free and delicious!!!

We stayed at the Walrus for 3 nights and had a great time. The hostel staff are super friendly and helpful and gave us tips for fun things to do in the area. The location is perfect with easy access to tube and multiple bus lines. With their daily drink specials (mojito Monday, beer Tuesday, and wine Wednesday) we were always guaranteed a good time!

• 28th Apr 2014

+Room & showers are very clean. Some staffs are very helpful. Bar is pretty fun at night. Perfect location. The hostel is surrounded with cheap supermarkets so it was very convenient for someone on the tight budget.. -I'm pretty sure I booked 18-bed room but why did I count 20 beds in my room? The hostel wifi doesn't work very well on the first floor so I ended up having to use the one from the bar. The bed & doors make a lot of noises. Not enough power outlet in the room.

A lot of stairs. The bedrooms open with a password. Located under a train line (think noise). Rooms have just tiny little lockers, which were all occupied when we arrived (seems they don't control), so our luggage had to stay outside. A 10-person room had just 2 outlets, which were located behind someone else's bed. The beds don't have individual lights, so you will have to look for your things in complete darkness if you arrive at night. Breakfast is just ok. Near Big Ben. Nice staff.