The White House Hostel Reviews

Markievicz Road, Sligo, Ireland

The best thing that can be said for this hostel is that it's in an excellent location, right in the heart of sligo. The beds aren't particularly comfortable, every window in the place seems to be open 24/7 so it's cold, and the bathrooms were dingy. The rooms don't have locks on the doors and people leave them open all the time - anyone in the hostel can walk into the room at any time. Also no lockers so I felt like I had to take my stuff with me every time I left. Staff were nice enough.

The bed was horrible-lumpy and springs coming through mattress. Bathrooms could use more attention.Good location but because of poor bed,I can't recommend this hostel.

white house hostel sligo ireland the best irish hostel i ever stayed in

no warm water in bathroom

The hostel was clean but when I got there at 2:15 it was closed. They close from 2-5. The bathrooms were clean but my room was cold. I was told that the heating works but my room was cold.

Accommodation very basic. Basic facilities did not work; such as toilets in one bathroom; wash hand basins with no hot water; showers in general bathroom. No plugs in wash hand basins. Insufficient power plugs in dorm rooms to charge phones. Duvets tho laundered were marked with blood spots. Would not recommend. Good points were location on river, parking available for 1 or 2 cars, relatively cheap.

Very bad bed

• 15th May 2015

I had an excellent time in it and the owner (Margaret) is just lovely. I highly recommend it.

• 1st May 2015
  • Mexico

Excelente ubicacion, muy limpio, encargado fue amable.