The White House Hostel Reviews

Markievicz Road, Sligo, Ireland

Unfortunately we did not have a good stay here, we have stayed in many hostels and this has been the worst one yet. Our room was not private - understandable there was a miscommunication - but we paid for a room that locks. The host (a girl) was very rude and unwelcoming. The room was not clean; I think I left with flea bites. The bathroom was unclean and there was no toliet paper or soap. Also no towels, if this is custom their should be a warning. This was not a great experience.

• 13th Sep 2015

Great location and price, clean and friendly. Suited very well.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Nice place! Small and homey. Nice big and clean kitchen. Close to town centre. Only thing was staff wasn't there to let people in between 2&5, and I had to act as door opener because I stayed in for the day.

Sound old spot

The staff were very unpleasant and the level of cleanliness very low. We were givin bed sheets on arrival to make bes ourselves. Mattresses and duvets very badly stained. Also an awful smell permeated throughout the whole hostel. I will definitely not be staying again and would recommend that other people look elsewhere.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

The best thing that can be said for this hostel is that it's in an excellent location, right in the heart of sligo. The beds aren't particularly comfortable, every window in the place seems to be open 24/7 so it's cold, and the bathrooms were dingy. The rooms don't have locks on the doors and people leave them open all the time - anyone in the hostel can walk into the room at any time. Also no lockers so I felt like I had to take my stuff with me every time I left. Staff were nice enough.

The bed was horrible-lumpy and springs coming through mattress. Bathrooms could use more attention.Good location but because of poor bed,I can't recommend this hostel.

white house hostel sligo ireland the best irish hostel i ever stayed in

no warm water in bathroom