The White House Hostel Reviews

Markievicz Road, Sligo, Ireland

pleasant friendly staff and excellent location

• 21st Jun 2014

Great value and the manager was very friendly and helpful.

• 24th May 2014

The bed is very bad.

• 21st May 2014
  • Spain

I liked the hostel. I just think that you could put key in each bedroom and a place to put the luggage.

Average hostel, at best. Room was fine, though house / furniture was old and dated. No key was provided for room, ONLY for outside door, so I felt my luggage was not secure. The gentleman on staff was not very friendly. Kitchen facilities were fine for preparing food for myself. Best thing about this hostel was the location, literally one minute from the quiet town. Value for money was only adequate, next time I'd look around a bit more for other options.

Helpful,very comfortable and home from home atmosphere.

It is compared to other Hostels which have similar prices a doss house made without love.

Very old and run down hostel. We had problems finding it because from the outside we didn't think the house was still inhabited. Beds, mattresses and blankets and many other things need to be replaced urgently. The only good thing was the warm and clean shower.