The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 44, Rome, Lazio, Italy

I was first at the yellow over Christmas and had a good time and returned for one night but left because of a bad experience with a guest in my room. The common room with the movies is awesome. The kitchen is crappy though, not even a stove and no bowls?

Great place! Clean, good location and they have good parties every day!

Everything was great except for my iPad charger getting stolen. The rude Italian guy in our room who made a spitting gesture at me and mumbled swear words in Italian each time he walked into the room as well as going to the toilet with the door open. Also, enjoyed the position I was put it when asked by a random girl to let me use her key card to get into the luggage room. (Probably to steal things). Decent location.

Its a party hostel, very pretty, clean and modern. The privates are like hotel rooms (since they are in a different building, there is no problem with noise), with quality furniture. The staff its extremely nice, the showers did not have hot water at night, but upon telling the staff that, they gave us vouchers for free breakfast, and the hot water did work in the morning. Beware that the coffe in the bar its not up the quality that one expects from Italian coffe. Wifi works everywhere.

The Yellow Hostel was clean and fun.It's not in the middle of the historical places but it's ok to take a bus or subway.Each night they're organising parties at the bar.It's so small but enough.I would reccomend you to stay there.

excelent hostel

Nice hostel, probably the best in Rome from the ones I have stayed on previous trips to this city. Thanks to Helen she was very kind and helpful.

Very good hostel! Nice to meet people at the bar! Had a great time there!

Its a nice hostel. The shower are very small but clean. The beds are comfy and there's a bar in the hostel with cheap stuff. It was not the season, ok, but the staff did not really invite me to join any activities or joining some pub crawl. I think there was a lack at this point but in overall it's very good. I guess it's really crazy during summer.

Excellent place ... very well located... good facilities to make new friends when travelling alone.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Colombia

Great location, really near to the central train, 5 mins walk. Really kind staffs. Wifi access in room. But the shower room is not very convenient if you stay in a dorm.

Great hostel, loose security though anyone can come in and nobody really checks, but I felt safe in the area. Close to Termini. The staff was very helpful and there is a fun atmosphere it's easy to meet people. 10 euro deposit for towels, but that's better than paying for it I guess. The kitchen dooes not have a stove. Overall great hostel, I would definitely stay again!

This hostel prides itself on being one big "party" which can be good for those traveling in groups. For the solo traveller like me, I didn't find it inviting whatsoever. It felt as though you were pushing the whole "American college dorm" vibe too much for my liking, being that I am out of college. You were clean, yes, but the rooms were cold and uninviting. Overall, I felt isolated.

Thank you for your feedback, but since your stay in last October, we've made many changes with the hopes of bringing people together. We're organising tours and excursions! Also, we have new staff just here to help! Just here to make sure you're getting the most out of Rome and The Yellow. Hopefully next time we can show you a better time. Thanks again and happy travels! el.

1. Staff is terrible. They are moody and dont understand that they work in a hostel, not the Carlton Ritz. 2. The atmostphere is weak. 3. The bar is expensive. 4. You cannot bring food or drink into hostel. All of these points defeat the point of a hostel. I would highly recommend not going there.

A very nice place to live in Rome, always someone to speak with, the staff is smiling, professionnal, always here when it needed. Great atmopshere, one week spent there, just had the feeling to leave a yellow family ! Great time !

• 30th Dec 2013

Great Hostel to stay if you want to meet people from everywhere!!!

The security can be faible because anyone can enter and exit of the hostel in anytime. The reception is isolated of the entrance, you simply take the elavator and go to any rooms. But there is a magnetic card to get inside your room. However i recommend!!

Great place to stay in Rome, though somewhat far from the main attractions. The Yellow was close to the train station which makes it convenient to the airport. The staff was helpful and the food in the cafe was good. The atmosphere was great if you did not mind the occasional bunkmates coming in late at night. Planning to stay here again when in town!

This hostel was a lot of fun! It's easy to meet people, bar and dancing at night, cafe with pretty cheap breakfast. The rooms were decent. I had my own locker under my bed which is always a plus. My room was in another building (very close) from the actual hostel. They didn't tell me I needed to put a deposit down for a towel so I had to go all the way back which really isn't a big deal but I just think they should make sure they tell all the guests. Lots of fun though!!! Would stay here again!

Pretty good location close to the maintrainstation. Staff was helpful whith any question. Bar is the only commonarea and the drinks are quite expensive if not any specialprice for the day.