The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 44, Rome, Lazio, Italy

A bit of a walk or metro ride to tourist attractions and nightlife but ad good as you will get in Rome. Great bar, excellent atmosphere and good food and reasonable prices. Bathrooms a little outdated but they do a good job of keeping it clean. Make sure you get some earplugs from reception. Would definitely recommend it.

Thanks so much, we try our best to make our guest's stay at The Yellow unforgetable. As you've said we have free earplugs at our reception desk for the ones that want to get some rest, next to our candy (very addictive candies by the way..). Although it is a bit of a walk to the attractions and nightlife, from Termini station your able to catch any bus or metro that can take you to your destination in a couple of minutes. Hope you're back soon for another Yellow night!

The "no food and drink" rule in the room is annoying, and it will be better to have a stove in the kitchen. Also, the bunk beds are too short, the one who sleeps in the button always bump his/ her head.

Thanks for your comment!We appreciate you take your time to tell us your opinion. Allthough we do not allow you to bring food or drinks in the room( (for security and sanity reasons), we do allow you to keep your food in the kitchenett area(inside the lounge room). We offer free labels, a fridge and a microwave. As of the drinks, we do offer a variety of drinks at cheap prices in our bar. We're sorry to hear you didn't like your stay, hope to make it up to you next time. Regards, G.

Just pure fun peeps if Rome... Excellent bar and hostel

Cold showers, dirty rooms and bathrooms, lazy staff. Pretty poor hostel.

The hostel itself was ok. Beds are comfortable and the size of the rooms are good HOWEVER the smell of the room was terrible and almost impossible to stay inside (it was clear that this problem came from a guest staying in the room). We asked reception to do something but they laughed. It was the worst smell I have ever felt in my life. Later they brought air freshener to the room and we had to keep spraying it throughout the night. Never coming back again. PROs: nice bathroom. Well located.

Good Location, next to Termini Station, good couple room for the price, I enjoyed my stay there. The wifi is not good, the shower was terrible.

• 6th Nov 2013

The place was okay. The kitchen sucked. The common room was great as was the book exchange. The security isn't all that good. Anyone can just walk in the hostel and roam around. Location is awesome, five minute walk from the Roma Termini. The staff was super nice.

The female staff in particular(Australian woman mostly who work the front desk are extremely rude. Whenever someone or I needed directions/help getting around the city they acted as if they were very agitated every time we tried to approach them. A specific recollection I can refer to was when someone I didnt know was assisted then walked away the Australian woman started talking in aterrible disrespectful manner about the woman to her coworker. I felt very uncomfortable and my stay was ruined

• 6th Nov 2013

Hey, sorry to hear you experienced rude staff, but we try to always help everyone as much as possible. Of course, some moments are harder than others. We hope you enjoyed bella Roma and this experience didn't ruin your holiday. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

So far the best hostel I´ve been at! Once more thanks to the staff, which was very nice and helpful! The room had nothing else but 6 beds and a cage for each of it underneath but actually we didn´t needed nothing more. The bathroom and the toilets were clean, as well as the rooms(cleaned every day between1 and 5p.m.). There´s a nice pub on the first floor where you can drink your coffee in the morning or a beer after a long walking day or just to hang out! Recommend for young and party people!

You've definatly gotten the message that The Yellow wants to give out to all of our guests! we're so happy you've enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back here soon! ;)

best hostel in Europe! good location, great staff, very clean and a great bar!

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Chile

Awesome review! Glad you enjoy your stay! ;)

A lot of fun and awesome location! Definitely recommend.

VEry good place to stay, make friends... and they have an awesome pub!!!

Great place to stay i really enjoyed my stay in there.

The room stunk as hell...there was a random Canadian guy sleeping on the floor of my room everyday even not paying for it and the staff didn't do a damn about it. The bar was alright...go to the bar but stay in another hostel.

The bar and availability of cheap food made the Yellow the highlight of our trip in Italy for places to stay.

The Yellow is amazing, I high recommend it. There is just some problems that they can make it better. At my room, the restroom didn't look the door, and the bath was really small. As well, my friend that don't speak very well english went to the reception and the receptionist was not nice with her. When we arrived in the hostel, there was some durty in the room and restroom. By the other hand, people there were nice, the bar is cool, and is in a place not to bad. We can go to center by foot.

Great location! The bar is a nice place to meet people from all around the world :-) Maybe a bit noisy at night due to noise at the street (not because of the bar) but they have earplugs at the reception when needed

Loved it, although the drinking got a excessive!

• 26th Oct 2013

Very nice place!!! Much better than the other hostels nearby.

Party hostel. There's a club in the basement, and a bar on the sidewalk. Everyone is very social. Most staff was very helpful, but a couple were uninterested. Rooms were average, under bed lockers weren't really secure but I never had any problems. Bathrooms were ok, I spent one night in the girls dorm and 3 nights in a mixed dorm - girls bathroom was nicer except sometimes there was no hot water. Good wifi. Good coffee. Good atmosphere.