Thessaloniki Studios Arabas Reviews

Sachtouri 28, Thessaloniki, Greece

A difficult hostel t find, but totally worth it.

The reception gentlemen from Italy, Davida, was tops. Very engaging and personable and we had some good conversation together. He is a jewel. Highly recommended and it is worth the hike from the train station. The place is quiet and friendly.

Perfect in its imperfection. Small hostel for socialising but no party hostel. Nice staff, took me out for nightly fun & games. Facilities basic but everything a proper backpacker with basic patience needs. Lots of character, a hostal for the chilled backpacker with an urge to meet people. Memorable stay.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

The hostel is far from the port, the centre and the nightlife spots. It is not easy to find it and it is in a really dark place, with no animation... Other way, the hostel is fine, clean and the staff nice. But the internet in the room didn't work well and I was disappointed that there was not walking tours organised or other activities.

we are just 5-7 minutes walk from the local restaurants and bars of the upper town of Thessaloniki.The upper town is the traditional part of the city so all the alleys have a special yellow light during the night.The famous streets of the city where all the nightlife takes place is literally 15 mins on foot.We organize not only walking tours in the old city,but also in the city centre and when asked, with bicycles.Music nights,movie nights and games nights also happen regularly during the week

I could tell that studio arabas was going to be an amazing hostel as soon as I stepped through the door. the owner, staff, and guests become a family, even if you only stay for one night. studio arabas is located in Ano Poli, the old city of Thessaloniki and is a short walk from the train station and city center. definitely one of my favorite hostels I've stayed in! you've gotta go!

A very friendly place up in the old town. Room was large and bed comfortable. There is a nice cozy social area inside, and a large outdoor space as well.

In the beginning, this hostel look like nice, interesting and friendly. But forget staff and cleanliness ... don't worry if you are a globetrotter ... No problem allright ... but one thing is very unpleasant : you must pay everything : towels, coffee, a very simple breakfast ... it's very expensive ... it's not the Balkans Spirit, the authenticity ... it's a money tourist factory ... so so bad ... i don't recommend this hostel ... it would have a nice atmosphere if the staff like reception ...

Our rates have always been economic,so it is affordable for the budget travelers. feel free to compare to the rest of the city choices. extra costs such as simple or ''not so simple'' breakfast are well indicated in the hostel world description. thank you for visiting and for the rest of the nice comments on staff and cleanliness

Strongly recommend to renovate bathrooms/showers

Wonderful hostel, I enjoyed my stay very much. Friendly staff and u get easilly in touch with other travellers. Absolutely recommendable!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Far from modern attractions like restaurants, shops and aristotelous square but close to the beautiful old churches and old town of thessaloniki, must go by bus to see restaurants, shops and famous square that taking less than 10 minutes, by walk is too far. People at hostel are nice, speak english well, clean hostel.

Located in the old.town. Staff were very friendly and there was a good.atmosphere. Food.and.wine.offered to me each evening I was there.

The owner of the hostel has a great calm and relaxed attitude and is doing everything to make yourself feeling comfortable. That leads to a general great atmosphere of the whole beautiful place. What makes it even more special is the tricky spot: up on the hill in the old town, a completely different environment away from city-hassle.

I loved staying at Hostel Arabas. Nice atmosphere and nice people, would have stayed longer! Rock on guys! ;)

I made some greek souvenir food shopping the day before as my flight in the next day was early. I checked out the previous night and followed all their instructions on leaving the premises. No one told me I would not have access to the kitchen on my departure due to the time. They knew my departure time and no one had the kindness to warn me! When I was leaving, I could not access the kitchen and could not collect my £15 greek food bag I was taking to my family. Very frustrating and angry.

Free coffee and tea every morning and friendly staff! Nice atmosphere in the common areas.

Hostel Arabas is a charming place with very nice staff. It's got a very hippy vibe and the facilities arn't great but for the price it's fair. I would come back again but only for 1-2 nights.

I have stayed in better rooms with better beds before. But the atmosphere in the hostel was really good.

Nice staff, Davide the italian, and a good location.Cool common area/cafe with free tea and coffee. Really good atmosphere.The only issue I must raise is that of the 5 bed 'superior' dorm that I booked for 3 nights.The room was in effect a 10 bed dorm as other guests must walk through the room and up a noisy metal staircase to get to theirs. The frequent noisy interruptions can make sleeping difficult. Much noise is transmitted through the ceiling from the room above. Not worth 15 euro per night

A very family type hostel, I liked the room and the common area. A little bit far from the center but is located in the old town so not too bad. I really liked the atmosphere with the staff and others I met there.

Everything was perfect. The staff and the atmosphere were amazing. The best hostel ever!

• 23rd Sep 2014