Thessaloniki Studios Arabas Reviews

Sachtouri 28, Thessaloniki, Greece

This place was like a home away from home. Met some amazing people, and was able to hang or with them on the patio and just chat, then explore the city. The location is great, and everything is very close walking distance. The staff is amazing, and we ended up spending a lot of time with them as well. Very homey atmosphere, and I would definitely suggest everyone to stop by and check it out! I'll be back!

We booked day of arrival, didnt seem aware of our booking, found us a room that we had to lug our bags up a tiny spiral staircase to some attic before he changed his mind and we had to move rooms again - room was tidy, clean, no air con/fan, to get hot water had to turn boiler on 20min before you wanted to shower, locked in our room for half an hour, dodgy lock!! Built up a massive sweat getting there, steep uphill climb! Wasn't terrible but better placed to stay in Thessaloniki.

I stayed for originally only one night but ended up staying for three and I meet some amazing people, two of which I'm now currently travelling with, anyways the place is amazing! The staff are so friendly and helpful. I made so many new friends here and the atmosphere is fantastic from chilled out to electric. The cocktail night was a great ice breaker and so much fun! I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone and i will :) Thank you to all the staff for having me!

• 17th Sep 2015

A very good atmosphere and may be the best place to stay within theslonikki. The staffs are friendly and also the hostel is located within walkable distances from the main places to visit.

great atmosphere for meeting new people and very friendly staff. As I arrived at 1am, it was a litle difficult to find it (my only complain)

The staff was kind and very helpful, but our room was crowded with a table and three beds that blocked the way out to the balcony, and the toilet and shower are in a weird setup. Location is nice, at the heart of the old city.

Awesome Hostel! Very social with a big garden where you can sit out, having (cheap) drinks from the hostel bar and meeting new people. The owner is also very friendly and helpful.

I had a great time in Thessaloniki, the staff were super friendly and knowledgeable about the city, and there was a friendly atmosphere at the hostel, a nice bar and outdoor area, would definitely recommend.

It was a nice time. The Stuff is very friendly and you can ask everything you need to ask. Thank you.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were clean. Bed was comfortable. Convenient free parking. Good location in the old town and about 20 mins walk into the city. They have signs saying no noise in the courtyard after 11pm but we were kept up by one of their organised events until 1am one night and couldn't get to sleep which was annoying.

I quite liked the hostel. The staff was really helpful and helped me search for the bus I needed to visit a nearby village. The room was big enough, I was glad they did not have AC but fans and although it was hot and had to sleep with the doors wide open it did not bother me that much. For those who have allergies they have a lot of stray cats everywhere but again as a pet lover I did not care that much. They have big enough lockers but you have to have your own padlocker, or borrow one I guess

Is a nice place to be with nice people. Difficult to find.

Crazy and stupid to make the customer PAY to make a payment! Whatever your bank deal is, the payment by card should be free OR you could advice on your web site that you deal with cash only. Yep, there was kitchen + fridge also in the room as promised on the website BUT we were told not to use them. For extra PAYMENT (again) people could use the gas stove outside in the garden. Otherwise, the staff (the French girl) was super helpful.

LOVE IT, favourite so far! Lovely laid-back vibes, friendliest most welcoming staff. Hot water/pressure ace, much space for outdoor cooking, separate to drinking area. Invited out on a group activity 1st night and secret tip-based walking tour recommendation was awesome (they are illegal in greece). Many tame cats. Old town location quiet and beautiful but 10-15 min easy walk to Thess city. Room hot but not suffocating, plenty of windows. Access to discounts+lots of travel info, brilliant WIFI

We had much better hostels on our trip, as the beds were quite untidy and saggy already. I also missed a good atmosphere out there, but we might just had bad luck the time we were there. We also got wrong informations about the free tour, as we were told the free tour is not running (but which actually was) at this day. I think the price is not worth the value you get.

Im sorry if you felt like this way guys,although I usually read the exact opposite reviews.We are always trying our best to improve in all sectors. The good atmosphere is what you make out of it.The daily events and the walking tours are announced on the wall in the reception and in the entrance every day-it is strange that you got wrong info. Anyways,the value for price you get here everyone can realise for himself not from the only bad review you gave us.

I loved staying at Arabas. The staff was really nice and could answer all our questions about the city and had also advice for fourther trips in Greece. When we had problems with the AC in our room, they fixed it fast. I would definitely stay there again, because the atmosphere is very relaxed and nice. I definitely recommend the hostel to everybody who has not too high expectations regarding the comfort of the bed or the size of the room. hannah

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Great hostel and great staff, would definitely start there again should I ever return to Thessaloniki.

thanks mate we will be waiting for you

staff was excellent. they helped a lot about touring the city. there was no problem about the hostel.

It's one of the bests, probably the best actually, hostels I have ever seen for socializing. The bar, the common area, they almost force you to make friends. It's very well kept and beautiful but if the owners are reading, something more could be done about the mosquitos (electrical repelents maybe) and the heat in the rooms. If you come outside of summer none of those will be a problem though

Wouldn't recommend. Very poor facilities. Bathrooms were just very cramped wet rooms and you had to PAY to use the kitchen and air con in some rooms. All clean though. Breakfast good value. The two female staff members were great but the male was pretty useless. We weren't talked through a map at check out and weren't even offered one until we asked about getting to the bus stop to leave. Location is the middle of nowhere really. Security was poor and bed was broken.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4