Thessaloniki Studios Arabas Reviews

Sachtouri 28, Thessaloniki, Greece

This hostel was great for meeting people and the staff were great. It worked for me. Negatives were one locker for 6 people in a dorm, no air con and voracious mosquitoes. The owner cooked up some nice food available at reasonable prices. Drinks were also very reasonably priced.

The hostel us not really comfortable, not really cleaned but the atmosphere is nice. You have a small garden to relax yourself. Not easy to find the hostel!

Really enjoyed the staff at Arabas, Mama Dora absolutely cracked me up and allowed people to sleep on the couches in the lounge area if beds were full. They were also really helpful in planning our trip to Mt Olympus. The location though was a bit of a trek up the hill though.

The owner of the hostel is really friendly and cheerful. The location is good, an easy 10 min walk to the center. The rooms are quite packed with as many beds as possible so if people is quite' there shouldn't be a problem to sleep ... I had a great time here meeting people. The only thing I complain are mosquitoes, I was nearly eaten by them during the night!

Staff is very chilled and nice. Location a bit hilly but easy to walk to. Rooms are nice and hostel is generally welcoming. Would recommend it!

The hostel is quiet a hike from the train station, but its worth it. Upon arrival, I found a cosy hostel, with a good atmosphere, friendly staff who are happy to help, and a lot of likeminded travellers.

Very helpful crew, possibility to cook and great spaces outside for sharing ice cream and wine. Free Walking tour of the old town, very recommended, useful tips galore. Totally recommend :)

Great stuff, great people at this hostel, this is the one to go to in Thessaloniki!

Manager was a very helpful guy.

A good hostel! A little bit far away from the city centre! But everything ok!

Really cool and chill hostel. It's not "cheap", but it isn't too expensive either. The people there are really cool and the way the hostel is made, everyone hangs out outside at the same place so it's easy to meet people. The location is not bad, not too far from the center and pretty close to a few restaurants. I would recommend this hostel if you go to Thessaloniki, I had a great time there.

So nice staff and so good atmosphere. Just one thing find the hostel first time, it was hard fır me and many people. Don't believe google map direction. It doesn't shown not true direction :) They provide free city guide and good activities. other things are so nice... Totally recommended hostel...

I only can recommend this hostel: the atmosphere and vibe is just amazing, you will even prefere to chill at the hostelgarden and meet new people instead of checking out the city like it happened to me on my 2 night stay there. The staff was very helpful and kind, plus they serve some good breakfast and - more important - beer for some fee!

Arabas rocks! Everyone who worked there was extremely cool and accommodating. I recommended it to other travelers who were going to Thessaloniki. Everyone we met there was very cool and sociable. I really quite miss staying there, sad to be back home a bit... Haha. Highly recommended!

• 18th Jul 2014

Studio Arabas was the first hostel in Thessaloniki, and is now one of only three. It is a great place with a good vibe, it's easy to meet people here. The owner Costas is amazing, he's super friendly and he tirelessly helps everyone out with information not only about Thessaloniki but the whole area. The room was nice, only problem was that wifi didn't work too well in the room, it works well in the common area though.

Great place. Lovely staff and in a beautiful neighbourhood (though it's a bit of a hike from the train station). Good wifi that reached the rooms. Easy to meet people if you're travelling solo. I'd stay here again.

Great stay here. Really social hostel in an interesting area of the city (but is up a very big hill!). Rooms were big and clean, our dorm even had an outside patio. No air con but there is a fan. Friendly staff.

It was a really pleasant stay. The persons working there are extremely kind and also the general atmosphere is favorable to meet people. I really appreciated my stay in this hostel! there is also a touristic tour organized by the hostel and it's very interesting, the guide has shared with us his passion of the city.

Good value for money, but be prepared to pay extra costs for cooking in a shared kitchen (which I consider ridiculous) or a laundry. Staff is just perfect. The owner answers all your questions without being bored saying it all over to every guest. Everything was ok, but I didn't enjoy the room. It was 3 bed dorm with a window connected to the reception (sic!), so they woke me up every day at 8am with a music coming from there. You shouldn't put guests in that room.

I want to go back to Greece just to stay at this hostel. The hosts were so friendly and hospitable. Good space to meet a lot of people and hang out. The hosts stayed out to socialize (and dispense wisdom) as well. Cheap breakfast and cheap booze!

• 4th Jul 2014