This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.2 Yiwu Road, Guilin, China

helpfull staff

Thank you for your comments, we will continue to provide you with quality service, welcome next time again.

The hostel is very noisy, but it's cheap and the location is good and staff are friendly

Very friendly staff

Very clean and friendly staff. thanks

Thank you for your praise, we will continue our efforts! Welcome to choose the old place again.

Had a very nice stay, TOP had a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere

We only stayed one night as we were passing through Guilin, but what a great choice! Amazing location right by the lakes, superb room, super helpful staff. Seemed to be lots of trips and things going on. Recommended!

Thank you so much to stay our hostel. Wish that you have a nice trip in the future.

The atmosphere in this hostel is strange, there seem to be a lot more mainlanders and families than younger travellers, it doesn't feel like a hostel. The common room is set out quite strange so people don't really hang out there. You have to put a key card in to get electricity so you can't charge anything unless you are in the room, which can be annoying. The staffs English is ok but they aren't the most friendly. It's clean but a very average hostel.

Thank you so much to stay our hostel. Sorry for the inconvenience brought by our hostel,we apologize once again. Hope to stay our hostel again. We believe that you will have different experience when staying our hostel. I wish you a happy life!

We had a great time at This Old Place International Youth Hostel! It's nice and clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The only negative thing I can think of is that it was very cold outside of the rooms and in the common areas but the AC in the room was great and the showers had really hot water! We actually booked our accommodation in Xingping through them and we got a discount since they belong to the same company. I can really recommend staying here!

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

I really love This Old Place! That I can still experience old Guilin in the midst of rapid urbanization is such a plus!

Excellent hostel right in the middle of the most scenic part of the city. Staff was really friendly, and it's located within walking distance of the touristy food and souvenir street and right next to a beautiful river park.

Super helpful staff

We LOVED staying here! The location is awesome, the prices are very affordable, and the views from the rooms are amazing. We stayed in one of the family suites and we had a great view of the water, palm trees, and karst mountains in the background. The staff were extremely helpful and nice, and gave us lots of advice on how to get to the places we wanted to see, as well as helping us book a trip on the Li River. Plus, they had kittens!!! Only complaint is the happy hour drinks were tiny.

This is Guilin This old place Hostel. We have read your comments in hostelworld.com towards our hostel. Thanks for your suggestions. We are always trying our best to promote our service. If you have any other suggestions to us, please tell us. Thank you again. Best Regards Guilin This old place Hostel

great! the dumplings were great!

Great location for a hostel, within a 20 minute walk to the bus station (for those going on to Yangshuo or taking a long-distance bus to other places) and central train station. The staff were very helpful when I asked questions about activities in the area. My only complaint is that I came in January, when Yangshuo was a little cold, and the room's heating system can only be activated when you are in the room (you put your key-card in a little slot by the door which activates the power).

• 17th Jan 2015

Great location and very clean facilities. Rooftop balcony has great views and can imagine it being fantastic during summer! Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Guilin

The view from the rooftop is quite nice. And when you come back in the evening you pass by the lake promenade with all the small lights. That looks great. The staff was ok but could have been nicer.

Love it, love it, love it! They helped me on my trip since day one. I sent them a bunch of emails asking all kinds of stuff and they answered every one of them. They had everything they said they will and the atmosphere is just great. Everything was super clean and I loved the signs reminding you of saving water and energy. One of my top places to visit. Also, breakfast was awesome and with a good price.

Good location and very comfortable beds.

The location is good right next to the lake and walkway. The staff were all very friendly English is common among the staff I dealt with. Food wise everything I ordered was good and the I thought the prices were reasonable. I have no complaints other than the bed was hard but that is just the way China is. Order breakfast the night before I found this unusual but not a problem once you know.

Excellent location close the small lake .Quiet and peaceful. Very easy to go to bus station.