This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.2 Yiwu Road, Guilin, China

Hostel has simple but very clean rooms, modern bathrooms and showers, we loved the opportunity to sit outside on the terrace, even if it's raining. It also has a big hang out area with couches, pool table, a big flatscreen, books and DVDs. Staff was nice, very helpful and spoke English quit well.

I stayed there with my family in a 4 bed family suite with lake view. Although my parents were suspicous about staying in a hostel, I told them that they would like it. And they did. This place is perfect for backpackers, cheap, great facilities, super nice staff and cheap and good breakfast but also for families. I would always go back there again. And ask at the reception for the kitten if you don't hear it screaming from somewhere. It's just too cute and makes every stay lovely!

We had a terrible experience. It is such a shame because the hostel is lovely, but the staff were the most unhelpful, horrible people we came across over our entire stay in China. Awful service DO NOT STAY HERE! They were so rude when we arrived late (delayed flight) even though we rang ahead. They twice asked to keep our passports in a safe during our stay (no way!), so unhelpful regarding excurisons, refused to make us food on two occasions, gave us wrong travel information so we got stranded.

Staff was great and helpful. There are a lot of materials available to plan your hikes, rafting trips, tours, or what have you. The wood-fired pizza was delicious and movie night was a nice touch. I would definitely visit again.

thanks for your valuable comments. Next time when you come again you will see a more better and different This Old Place.Best wishes.

best hostel during my 2weekstrip

Thanks for your comments. Next time when you come again, you will see a more better and different This Old Place.

This hostel is right next to a beautiful lake and park in the middle of Guilin and it's close to the train station and bus station. There's hot and cold water available, TV room, nice common area, etc. The rooms were very clean and ours had some heating, which was nice since we were there during an unusually cold period. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Thank you!

Hi, Thank you for your review ,we're so glad you can enjoyed stay here. Hope you happy every day! Best regards This old palce

Comfortable and clean.

Hi, Thank you very much for your review,As a new hostel your comments are very valuable for us to achieve improvement.Hope you have a nice day! Best regards Guilin This Old Place

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the atmosphere in the hostel - the breakfast tables, the pool table, the place where you can watch a movie in the evening. It was a bit cold in the rooms though.

Hi, Thank you for your review,we're so happy you can enjoy your stay in Thid Old Place, Hope you have a nice day! This Old Place

Everything is nice there,Transformation from an old hotel.rooms really big and clean. Internet worked good.simple hostel.It is not a place where you would want to stay more than couple of days.I was smacked down the walls of the roof collapse

Hi, We are so sorry about it,and thank you for your review .we would continue to improve the service and facility instrument.Hope you have a nice day Happy new year This Old Place

Because of my short stay i didn't use the shower, so I cannot evaluate them. Everything else made a clean impression, The recommendation for restaurant was great: very cheap and delicious. In general good price-benefit-relation for this hostel.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the location is quiet but good for exploring the city. I just stayed one night but enjoyed my stay very much and if returning to Guilin I will definitely come back to "This Old Place".

Hi, Thank you very much for your review .We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. We look forword to seeing you again. Thanks a lot. Happy new year! Best regards This Old Place

Everything was great!

Hostel definately worth recommending. Only in december there are not too many people.

Its a great hostel, the staff is efficent and very helpfull. The place is nice and the food is good.

Simple but Nice hotel, very well located. Only negative point...the expensive price of the taxi when it is booked by the hotel (we paid 130 instead of 70 with the meter)

Hi, Thank you very much for your review and recommend.We're glad you enjoyed your stay here. About the taxi fee :We call the taxi driver from other place come to our hostel pick up you,then directly to the Guilin ariport .Beause the taxi driver don't run the meter from Guilin city center to Guilin ariport basically,so it's more expensive . We hope you could understand. Thanks a lot. Best regards This Old Place

The hostel is great, the staff is very nice and helpful (good atmosphere!). Also it is very clean and quite comfortable. They offer tours. We did the one for Yangshuo, we had a great day though we paid for a boat ride + a hike and the guide didn't let us hike. Instead he offered us to pay 100 yuan (too expensive) to get to do another ride and see a water buffalo. This problem is not the responsibility of the hostel and they appologized for that. Just be careful with the dishonest guides.

Hi, We're glad you can enjoy our hostel,and thank you very much for your review. We're so sorry about the tour .Hope you have a nice day!Thank you Best regards This Old Place

Location fantastic, rooms really big and clean. Internet worked ok for me and i tried the Pizza, which i thought wasnt that Bad. I have had worse, Even in italy ;) can definitely recomend it here, best Location in guilin

Dear, Thank you very much for your review and recommend.We're glad you enjoyed your stay here.We’re always committed to giving our guests the most comfortable experience.Thank you a lot. This Old Place

My friends and I spent one night at "This Old Place International Youth Hostel". We had a three people bedroom, which was very big and clean. Staff is very helpful in case you need information. In this hostel, you'll find a beautiful rooftop with an amazing view of Guilin karstic landscape.We really loved the atmosphere... It is moreover well-located. Pretty close to the night market. 2 mn walking from the bus that drives you either to the coach terminal or the railway station.

Dear, Thank you for your reviews! We’re so happy that you enjoyed your stay in This Old Place.We are always committed to giving our guests the most comfortable experience.Have a nice day!

Nice common room with a pool table and a tv corner. Food was delicious and reasonable priced. We liked the roof terrace although its not like a bar, just tables and chairs. But you can still enjoy the view. We would stay there again.

Hi, Thank you for your reviews!We're glad you enjoyed staying with us and looking forward to see you again.Have a nice day! This Old Place

Nothing to complain, great location, helpful staff. I enjoyed the time I spent there.

• 27th Oct 2013

Hi, Thank you for your reviews! We’re so happy that you enjoyed your stay in This Old Place.Have a nice day! This Old Place