Travel Talk Taipei Backpackers Hostel Reviews

2F, No.96, Sec.2, Minquan E. Rd. Zhongshan District., Taipei, Taiwan

Big recommendation for this hostel! The location is great, the staff super-friendly and prepared for every question, the rooms are clean and the next 7-11 is just seconds away. We absolutely enjoyed our stay there!

Had an enjoyable stay at Travel Talk with their helpful staff, comfortable and clean room. Jean was extremely helpful and nice to talk to, very good service. Place to go if you're looking for a cosy place to stay in Taipei :-)

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Singapore

The person in charge there very friendly and talkactive, convenient public transport around, such at bus to Taoyuan International Airport, MRT.

We stayed in the hostel for one weekend. The welcome was very friendly! Very nice people working there. We were introduced a map from the surrounding area, where to eat well and how to get to the metro station. The rooms were very clean and comfi. Only thing that was missing were windows and more toilets than 2 per floor would have been great. But that is only one tiny little thing that was not a 100% fitting!

• 14th Mar 2014

Very nice staff, they told everyhing about the city and how to get around. My holiday wouldn't have been the same without them.

If u want a better living environment better do not choose here. Seriously, the room is very small only 2 single bed width for 2 people room. No window. I know for backpackers we should not require much since we pay less. However compared with other living places, this one is really not good for a living

• 28th Feb 2014
  • China

everything is very good, the staffs are very nice

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

Travel Talk Taipei Backpackers Hostel was definitely a homey hostel, where I got to know many new friends. The nights spending there were amazing and memorable. And the hostel is located in a quite center place from where we can go out easily. Also, we were given many useful tips about traveling in Taipei, which made us feel at ease when going out. All in all, thank you Travel Talk Taipei Backpackers Hostel!!

Few nights with good sleep although staffs were friendly-a kind of business-like. Invisible surveillance for security reason was there. Perhaps I am that of special case, a dissident of Ma’s government, and I have been attacked by electro-magnetic machine and intensely stalled by public servants, who probably act as intelligent agents in the govrnt (I know it sounds crazy). Of course, I know the public servants of Taipei city govrnt has colluded with Ma system and intensely spied on those civili

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

Really low key, but I liked this place and the staff was lovely

Everything's fine in this hostel, Jean, the hostess is vert attentive and personable who always makes effort to introduce guests to each other to create the friendly mood in the hostel. Thank you, Jean for your graciousness.

Unfortunately, my roomie was horrible but the hostel itself is nice to stay. Staffs were nice as well. If you like hostels can have big nights with drinking, I don't think here isn't suit you as staffs care about people sleep. Liked that staffs's attitude for travellers!

• 6th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

both 2 host were really warm people and tried to make travelers feel comfortable. 7 days in taipei was all rainy but nice trip. thanks for the host and friends met there. If i have a chance to taiwan, i would choose this hostel again.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

This was a really friendly place thanks to Jane who goes out of her way to make the place is clean. She also breaks the awkward ice that sometimes exists between travelers and I appreciate that. Great place thanks Jane

I have stayed in a LOT of hostels over the years but this is one of my all time favourites!!! The location is perfect, you are so close to the bus stop for the airport bus and the train station, there are convenience stores/food places/markets all within walking distance so you will never go hungry and I have never come across more helpful or friendly staff in all my hostel says!!! Will stay here again and recommend it to everyone!!

It's my first time travel to taiwan and this hostel's staff Jean is very nice and kind! Her advice for travel is very helpful.There is a place where tourists stay relax and have some tea, meal etc...and some travel books they have.(english,japanse etc...) And it's clean and the place is near 7eleven and MRT.I had a very special time here and want to come back again:)

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Nice hostel. Good location.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Israel

I like both the front desk receptionist. Jean works at night and she is friendly. The other one who works during the day is friendly too, but didn't get a chance to talk much with her.

The amount I paid for a private room is so worth it! it's cheap and good! some may complain that the room is small, but you get everything you will ever need during travelling. A good bed to sleep on, aircon, clean toilet, towels and even soap and shampoo! very ideal for people who want to travel light as well! As with most hostels now, they have two different units. The unit that i went to was more for people who chose privates. the toilet was very big and nice!the hosts were very nice as well!

• 11th Jan 2014