Travel Talk Taipei Backpackers Hostel Reviews

2F, No.96, Sec.2, Minquan E. Rd. Zhongshan District., Taipei, Taiwan

This was my second trip to Taipei and I choose to stay here again because I liked the atmosphere of the hostel. Right below the hostel there's a 7-eleven and it's really convenient. Also the staff are very helpful and friendly.

• 10th Oct 2014

진짜 너무조아요! 주인 짐(jeam) 친절허구요! 행천궁에서 도보로 2분이면 되욬.추천합니당!

• 29th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

I am an avid traveler and Travel Talk has been one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Jean, the owner, is extremely helpful who really went out of her way to make me feel welcome. She even helped me book my train ticket to my next destination. Other hostels should take note! I would definitely recommend this place.

Good accomodation in Taipei! Clean rooms, everything very tidy and bathrooms very clean as well. The staff is very friendly and answered all my questions. The location is excellent since there's a subway station, a long foodstreet as well as a night market just around the corner. Down the stairs is a 7-Eleven. Stay includes a toast breakfast.

Very nice place, good located and with very polite and easy-going staff members. If I come back to Taipei, I will definitely go there. Thanks for all girls.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Stayed here for four nights. Highly recommend this hostel. Found the facilities acceptable and the staff very helpful. Provided all the answers to my questions about what to do and see in Taipei,and particularly to Jane who advised me on planning my route through Taiwan.

I really enjoyed the common room because it was welcoming and everyone wanted to hang out in it. The owner is very helpful in both English and Chinese. The hostel is not close to a ton of attractions however it is so close to the MRT that anywhere is just a short ride away. We had to stay in a dorm a couple of doors away from the main building but we were shown exactly where we were staying and were given keys to both doors so we had access to everything.

I like the common lobby for everyone :)

This was the best hostel I have ever been to! Super friendly and helpful staff, very comfortable beds (they do not squeak at all!), well working AC (even though it can only be switched on from 8pm to 10am) and good wifi! I met so many nice people from all over the world in the common room, it was never boring. The only things missing are soap dispensers next to the sinks and maybe a pair of scales.

On paper it might seem a little sub par but the staff brings the entire hostel to life. If your a more low key kind of person you will really enjoy this hostel.

It's nice and clean..it does feel like in your own home..

• 31st Jul 2014
  • India

very good place to stay and meet new friends.

Staff were really friendly and would recommend you to places around the area! Cosy little place that you can meet lots of people!

The host was really helpful and I would be completely lost without her.

We traveled around Taiwan for about 1 month and stay here when we arrived and as we liked it so much stayed there again before we flew out. The staff were ridiculously friendly and helped us loads with plans for our travels. The location itself had everything we needed, metro close, buses to the airport and night markets. The room we stayed in was a 2 bed private. It was small but fine with no window which in my opinion was better with just air-con because of the humidity outside anyway. A+

I love this hostel. If i go taipei again, i will stay this hostel.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

TravelTalk is in a very good location, close to Songshan Airport, an MRT stop, a major Daoist temple, a traditional food/shopping street, and many stores. Jean is very helpful and friendly. Checking in and out was easy. Wi-Fi signal was very strong in the room. Rooms are very small and air conditioning is off from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., so this hostel is appropriate for someone who plans to be out exploring most of the time. The common area is basic (no bar or food) but a nice place to meet people.

Cool Cool Cool

Toilets and bathrooms are shared with each other. Staff are very helpful and nice. Great mixture of people from different backgrounds. You can make a lot of friends there.

We couldnt chat each other after 12