Travel Talk Taipei Backpackers Hostel Reviews

2F, No.96, Sec.2, Minquan E. Rd. Zhongshan District., Taipei, Taiwan

Stayed here for four nights. Highly recommend this hostel. Found the facilities acceptable and the staff very helpful. Provided all the answers to my questions about what to do and see in Taipei,and particularly to Jane who advised me on planning my route through Taiwan.

I really enjoyed the common room because it was welcoming and everyone wanted to hang out in it. The owner is very helpful in both English and Chinese. The hostel is not close to a ton of attractions however it is so close to the MRT that anywhere is just a short ride away. We had to stay in a dorm a couple of doors away from the main building but we were shown exactly where we were staying and were given keys to both doors so we had access to everything.

I like the common lobby for everyone :)

This was the best hostel I have ever been to! Super friendly and helpful staff, very comfortable beds (they do not squeak at all!), well working AC (even though it can only be switched on from 8pm to 10am) and good wifi! I met so many nice people from all over the world in the common room, it was never boring. The only things missing are soap dispensers next to the sinks and maybe a pair of scales.

On paper it might seem a little sub par but the staff brings the entire hostel to life. If your a more low key kind of person you will really enjoy this hostel.

It's nice and clean..it does feel like in your own home..

• 31st Jul 2014
  • India

very good place to stay and meet new friends.

Staff were really friendly and would recommend you to places around the area! Cosy little place that you can meet lots of people!

The host was really helpful and I would be completely lost without her.

We traveled around Taiwan for about 1 month and stay here when we arrived and as we liked it so much stayed there again before we flew out. The staff were ridiculously friendly and helped us loads with plans for our travels. The location itself had everything we needed, metro close, buses to the airport and night markets. The room we stayed in was a 2 bed private. It was small but fine with no window which in my opinion was better with just air-con because of the humidity outside anyway. A+

I love this hostel. If i go taipei again, i will stay this hostel.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

TravelTalk is in a very good location, close to Songshan Airport, an MRT stop, a major Daoist temple, a traditional food/shopping street, and many stores. Jean is very helpful and friendly. Checking in and out was easy. Wi-Fi signal was very strong in the room. Rooms are very small and air conditioning is off from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., so this hostel is appropriate for someone who plans to be out exploring most of the time. The common area is basic (no bar or food) but a nice place to meet people.

Cool Cool Cool

Toilets and bathrooms are shared with each other. Staff are very helpful and nice. Great mixture of people from different backgrounds. You can make a lot of friends there.

We couldnt chat each other after 12

• 30th May 2014
  • South Korea

When we first arrived, we couldn't find the Hostel caus there was no sign from outside. But when we arrived the lobby made a quite inviting atmosphere, there are also instruments you can play. The rooms are small and without window but ok. There is a simple breakfast provided and the staff is very nice and helps you if you need anything,

Jean (the host) has a great personality! Though my stay was short (1 night only), could tell that she is a genuinely nice host who tries to make the stay for all her guests pleasant and possibly fun! Complained of a mosquito attack while I was trying to sleep, and she immediately went to get an electronic mosquito repellent for me - was really glad that I met her during my trip in Taiwan. Good: Conveniently located near the temple. Bad: Could be better decorated / bed and pillow was too soft

The bathroom door is translucent even though its a mixed dormitory. After reflecting our concern to the host, nothing was done. Check in to travel talk only if you can accept bathing under the spot light. Twin room equipped with 2 power point. However, if you are not using the tw plug, most likely you cant slot in two plug side by side. Effectively, you can only charge one thing at a time in the room.

• 16th May 2014
  • Singapore

Friendly and very helpful host, good location with all facilities nearby within 3 minutes of walking. If I had to nit pick at anything, it's that there is no air-con between 10am-8pm... but we knew that before coming in :) Would certainly come back, thanks Jean!

• 9th May 2014

I ended , up staying here for almost 2 months on an extended visit to Taipei, and was beyond happy with everything. Jean, the owner, is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and is EXTREMELY helpful with everything from letting you know where to do laundry, to ideas for where to take a day trip outside of the city. She has put a lot of work into the place, and it shows. It's very clean, wonderful homey atmosphere, lots of nice other guests, great location and great prices. Try it!!

• 5th May 2014