Travelers House Hostel Reviews

43 Sherief Street, 4th floor, Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

This hostel was amazing! The location is great. Close to downtown. The staff was exceptional! They were super accommodating and helped me plan all of my trips and tours. They also recommended restaurants and nightlife and took us out! I would definitely stay here again! I was supposed to stay one night and go to another hostel but I stayed there the whole time in Cairo.

The hostel is nice. Facilities might be a bit old but value for money is good. Staff at the hostel is really good. They are very helpful. They even took us out for dinner on our first night.

For starters, this hotel has the nicest staff in the world. I am a 23 year old.woman who traveled alone. On my birthday i went on the Nile Cruise, the hotel ordered me a cake and it was amazing. The hotel is middle of downtown, lots of shooping,noise, and people. If you like that then fine. It didnt bother me at all,but it was interesting. I did all of my tours through the hotel. They provided a wonderful driver Ahmed who was amazing and kind. The staff members gave me great company.

The staff is wonderfully friendly.

It was a good place to be in Egypt. Adel was very nice and kind with us. We recomend it.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel in downtown. The rooms and common areas are clean and the staff are very welcoming and polite. They are always on hand to provide helpful information to make staying in Cairo and Egypt so much easier. I really feel like my trip to Egypt was so much better because I stayed here first.

• 9th Feb 2014

The staff was absolutly great. They orginized everything for us, cruise ships by the Nile, visit to the temples, to Giza etc .They were always on time, the drivers were so kind and respectful. I was really surprised by the efficiency, which made us really happy, because when you go on vacations the only thing you dont want to have are problems and delays as there is no so much.

The staff was excellent. My view of the city was amazing. I was supposed to be picked up from the airport my driver was no where to be found for about an hour, I found a BEDBUG bitting on me in the common area!! They were a little pushy about booking tours with them, and the elevator was a scary death machine. Its completely open- meaning you can touch the floors and walls when you're passing them, it broke down on us once while we were between floors & we had to climb out between floors!

• 5th Jun 2012

A Heaven in cairo downtown...nice place,nice people!!! Alipio Raposo from São Paulo-Brazil

• 23rd May 2012

This hostel is absolutely fantastic, all the staff at Travelers House were super friendly and extremely helpful and the location of the hostel could not be better, it's close to bus, rail, and metro lines!.The hostel itself has tv room,free internet,wifi and kitchen I am certainly planning to go back to lovely cairo and without a shadow of a doubt Travelers House is where I will stay. Absolutely outstanding service, THANK YOU sooooo much for a wonderful stay cannot recommend highly enough..,,

• 13th Apr 2012
  • British Virgin Islands

The hotel was perfect for what I needed. My room was clean, the breakfast was filling, the mattress was good quality and the staff were polite and very importantly not pushy. I'm a constant traveler, or try to be, and it's nice to find a hotel that fills all these requirements.

• 27th Mar 2012

Had a great stay here. Nice clean hostel. They were nice enough to let me leave most of my luggage with them for free while I went on a week long diving adventure in Dahab.

• 24th Feb 2012

I want to thank the staff here for proving me with a stunning trip to the desert. Everything from start to finish went flawlessly. It was nice to be able to enjoy the trip without having to worry about the details. I would highly recommend visiting the desert while in Egypt, Cairo is an exciting city but it was great to get out of it and back to nature for a couple of days.

This is a great little hostel in the middle of Cairo. The room was great - far larger than I was expecting with floor to ceiling windows and even a balcony. The staff were very kind and helpful with pointing out places to eat and things that were worth checking out. I had a room with a shared bathroom and I was happy that the shared bathrooms were kept very clean and were big unlike some other hotels I've stayed in.

Very good place to stay in Cairo. Fantastic staff et super location. Little bit too noisy but the friendly staff has what it is necessary to make a good night!

I had an excellent time here the staff were brilliant. Will definately come again and recommend to others.

• 6th Jul 2011

The staff was excellent! I was quite ill my last day in Cairo but they made sure to take care of me with hot tea and on my way out they even hauled a taxi and negotiated the price for me. The hostel is located in Downtown-a close place to the Egyptian Museum and main shopping areas. Also another plus, breakfast is freshly served (they make a run to the bakery in the mornings) and Internet is free (most places in Egypt will charge you for internet time).

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was made especially enjoyable by the kindness of the staff. They were so helpful in many different ways, from helping organize day trips to making phone calls when we needed to find missing luggage and arranging transport to leave. Adel was a really sweet guy and all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 24th May 2011

Great place! It's a small hostel that really feels more like home than a hostel. It has a relaxing common room where you can find refuge from the busy and noisy life of Cairo. The staff is very friendly and can arrange inexpensive tours as well as providing you with valuable advice on where and how to go. The entrance to the building is rather old but the upstairs is very nicely done

Travelers House was Like my Base camp in Cairo.. Everytime I went on my adventures outside of Cairo I would be gone for days but knew I had a place to come home too. It was almost like a group home. I felt safe and secure and actually enjoyed just hanging around there.. Adel, one of the guys who runs Travelers house is a gracious and classy Host, who made me feel welcomed. On top of that, he will line you up with tours and if you dont wanna do the tour thing with him he will try and help you to figure out w