Travelers' Soul Inn Nanjing Reviews

B5, Chengguan Science and Creativity Park, Nanjing, China

When I arrived to my dorm it was dirty (I was the only one there). But the following days they cleaned it. The WiFi didn't work in the dorm, so I had to be in the corridor in order to get connection. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would come back here.

The hostel is lovely, but quite a long way away from central Nanjing. There was damp in the room but it didn't smell. Also, the restaurant is madly expensive. 10 kuai for a can of Sprite? Not cool.

The staff here were extremely helpful and friendly. In particular, the food served in the hostel's restaurant was excellent too. The room itself was a little tired but comfortable enough.

Having meals in the lounge was made so much better thanks to the amazing service. The staff was friendly and ever so willing to help us despite our poor Chinese skills.

It was a pleasant stay. We had booked the "Basic Twin Private Shared Bathroom" and the cost effectiveness here is very good. Perfect for a short stay to explore Nanjing. We also enjoyed the hostel's bar very much as to its warm and cozy atmosphere and its friendly staff.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Looking at their page, I saw beautiful rooms and many services that I was in need of. I also noticed it was a bit far from the tourist spots but ok. In REALITY however the rooms are very simple and bit nasty. No services at all (no laundry, no travel desk, no common room). And the biggest problem was: it was absolutley off the grid, it is hard to get a taxi, subway is 15 min. walk, even food is hard to get if you don't want to pay lots in their expensive restaurant. Speaking Chinese is a MUST!

The washroom facilities were extremely dirty, the toilets filled with people's f***s, floors covered with phlegm and hair. I found this a particularly revolting way to start my day in Nanjing. The WiFi didn't work in my room, which was frustrating and to top it all off the restaurant and bar wasn't open so I had to spend almost an hour finding a place to eat. To be fair to the staff, they were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction for sightseeing and kept all my possessions safe.

• 23rd Feb 2015