Travelers' Soul Inn Nanjing Reviews

B5, Chengguan Science and Creativity Park, Nanjing, China

The hostel is lovely, but quite a long way away from central Nanjing. There was damp in the room but it didn't smell. Also, the restaurant is madly expensive. 10 kuai for a can of Sprite? Not cool.

The staff here were extremely helpful and friendly. In particular, the food served in the hostel's restaurant was excellent too. The room itself was a little tired but comfortable enough.

Having meals in the lounge was made so much better thanks to the amazing service. The staff was friendly and ever so willing to help us despite our poor Chinese skills.

It was a pleasant stay. We had booked the "Basic Twin Private Shared Bathroom" and the cost effectiveness here is very good. Perfect for a short stay to explore Nanjing. We also enjoyed the hostel's bar very much as to its warm and cozy atmosphere and its friendly staff.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Looking at their page, I saw beautiful rooms and many services that I was in need of. I also noticed it was a bit far from the tourist spots but ok. In REALITY however the rooms are very simple and bit nasty. No services at all (no laundry, no travel desk, no common room). And the biggest problem was: it was absolutley off the grid, it is hard to get a taxi, subway is 15 min. walk, even food is hard to get if you don't want to pay lots in their expensive restaurant. Speaking Chinese is a MUST!

The washroom facilities were extremely dirty, the toilets filled with people's f***s, floors covered with phlegm and hair. I found this a particularly revolting way to start my day in Nanjing. The WiFi didn't work in my room, which was frustrating and to top it all off the restaurant and bar wasn't open so I had to spend almost an hour finding a place to eat. To be fair to the staff, they were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction for sightseeing and kept all my possessions safe.

• 23rd Feb 2015

This is a great plce to stay if you're heading to Nanjing and you have some grasp of the language. The staff didn't speak much English but seeing as I wanted to practise my Mandarin, that was perfect. They were really friendly and helped me paw over my map to find the places I wanted to visit and helped me figure out what transport to use to get there. 我觉得这个地方太好了。他们很友好喜欢帮助人!

Not too hard to find, a little hidden within the art finder district. We booked a double bed room, but got a twin bed room, which was still nice, but didn't at all resemble the photos you'll see on hostelworld! Lots of good freebies in the room, and a complimentary bottle of water each, which is a welcoming touch. One morning the shower had zero hot water, which was exciting! The restaurant attached to the hostel is pricey but really good food, and a lovely, chic atmosphere with live music!

I had a fantastic stay with absolutely no trouble at this hostel. Staff were polite and friendly, I came back very late and had to wake up the security guard, and he did not mind at all. The location is a bit far from where things are happening, but my friends were staying even further away so I had no complaints there either. Facilities were nice and clean, everything was well looked after and my bed was comfy. All in all a great place to stay!

It's got the minimum that a hostel needs to call itself a hostel, but not much else. There's an attached - but expensive restaurant. Location is a bit funny, inside a techy-arty district on the outskirts of the old ciity wall. The place has a run down aspect but it's more old than dirty really - the beds and the linen are clean, the showers not that clean but overflowing with hot water. Not bad for the cheapest option in Nanjing but also not a well-rounded place.

The staff speak a not really good english and if you don t speak chinese some times communication will be hard. They took my original document and returned me a photocopy, i did not realize until I was in the train station and I had to came back. It is a little hard to find but the place is really beautifull in the art district and near the Zhong Hua Men, one of the doors of the Wall that surrounds the city. It is also close to the main traditional street where the confucius temple is.

Difficult to find at night. Staff was helpful and kind. They don't speak English. Good food at the adjoining restaurant.