Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

Amazing atmosphere, lovely, kind staff... If I'm ever back in holbox I'll be coming back here

If you're going to go to Laguna bacalar this is the place to stay. It's right on the water, has a big communal kitchen and breakfast is provided. The sleeping arrangement is a little unauthedox (1 door is a school bus and tents are available) but all in all this hostel was great. Would recommend the 6 bed door that has AC!

for some reason, Tribu never received our reservation ?.... BUT all of the staff there were absolutely amazing!! They were able to get my friend and I into a dorm, and everyone was so sweet to us. We had a blast at Tribu... the game nights, dancing, etc was all great and I would go back in a heartbeat!! Muchisimo gracias!!

really nice place to enjoy the beautifulness of isla holbox, nice place to chill in hammocks, friendly and helpful staff, nice bar bar upstairs closes really early, very few possibilities to charge your phone, not much space in the room to put your staff, nothing to hang anything (just outside)

Poor WiFi.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

we are really sorry for the inconvenience but due to the saturation and the rainy season, the entire island of Holbox suffered poor connection during this summer. We told to our guests and we also report the problem with the internet company, but Holbox is an remote island and it takes time to fix all kind of problems...usually people come to enjoy the nature.

The hostel is nice however they refuse to turn the A/C during the morning and afternoon even though the heat is unbearable. Moreover, we booked a whale shark tour for which you must pay in advance, but we couldn't go on the tour because one mate got really ill over night. They refused to return us the money. The cost was 1100 pesos each which a lot of money we paid for nothing.

Hola, You booked the whale shark and didn't want to go because you felt sick...we understood the situation (also because before opening the hostel, we've been backpackers as you) and asked, begged the company to consider your reservation and let you go the next day without any additional charge. The next day, you refuse to go, saying that you were too tired and preferred to go on the beach even though we told you that in this case you would loose the money...

Only thing that bothered me is the wifi. I could only connect it to my phone in the reception area, which was very unconvenient. It didn't connect in the hammocks, the kitchen area and even less in the rooms. And quite a lot of ants everywhere. But other than that it was great. Staff is nice, place is colorful and very well located. Oh and don't make the same mistake as I did and bring your bug spray!! You will want to rip your entire skin off if you don't. Mosquitoes are crazy.

• 9th Aug 2015

Easy place to stay, nightly entertainment and popular bar. Rooms clean, close to the beach. The arrival Staff were unimpressed at our 10pm arrival (even though it was the last ferry) and appeared like it was a huge effort for them to accommodate us. All the other staff over the following days were fantastic though. Book in advance though!!!

• 5th Aug 2015

Receptionists at the front desk seem a little disorganized, ordered a cab but never came so after waiting an hour and a half for it we just walked to the ferry.

The best hostel at the island.

The staff was very kind and we had a nice stay in Holbox. The place was clean and the bar was awesome. Thanks!

The hostel is cool, but they offer the Whale Shark excursion and it includes snorkeling with manta ray and turttles, which is not cool because the fishermans fed them in order to be watched by to many people... I felt sorry for the animals, it was quite stressful for them. The excursion includes fishing too, and I think nobody should encourage this type of activity in tourism, just the opposite, which is respect.

Lovely, colourful hostel close to the beach. Staff were great and very helpful. Wished I'd booked a room with A/C but that's my own fault! People were regularly getting turned away because it was full, so make sure you book in advance!

Hostel was nice, no wifi in the dorms. Great kitchen facilities. Staff were pretty average and lazy... Kept giving us the run around when we wanted to pay our bill. Reception would send us to the bar and the bar would send us to reception...some weird politics in play. There is always a bit of a wait for the shower (1 for a 12 bedded dorm) and randoms not from the hostel come use it too! Good location and great whale shark tour.

I can be agree or in a disagree with you, but I for sure think that we deserve more than a terrible for our staff. There is a HUGE effort behind the front desk, to make everyone happy and welcome in our Tribu. I also wanted to let you know that we never had 12-bed dorm. The security of our guests is also our priority...the cameras, the wrist bands, our volunteers is helping us to not let no one from outside to get into the hostel. Thanks anyway to stay with us... be happy :)

One of my favourite hostels!Stayed here twice,once in a dorm and a private room. Both great! Great location (2min walk beach, town centre) chilled hammack areas, well equiped kitchen which is cleaned everynight, 3 roof terraces, cinema room. Staff are really friendly and helpful! Excellend bar with different event on each night (live music, quiz, body painting). They often have yoga on at sunset too! In private rooms towels are provided and the room is cleaned everyday - only no AC but fan!

I really love this place. Happy hostel :)

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Tribu is a great hostel it's almost like living in a house rather then being in a hostel! Beautiful clean space with a great kitchen to make your own food or if you prefere you not far to great restaurants. Your less then a block from the beach and Tribu has different activities each night to join if you like! I I've this place and look forward to my next time there!

I absolutely LOVE this hostel! The staff are really friendly and helpful. The two Swedish volunteers working at Tribu were funny and they always came up with fun activities. The environment at the hostel is very homey and it's really nice that they have a kitchen so you can cock your own meals. Plus the free water is great. I also recommend doing the dinners on Mondays. The chefs are from Argentina and their food is seriously amazing. Tribu made me feel at home and I hope that I get to go back.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Sweden

really nice activities every night. Great chill-out areas, and the whale shark and kayak tours were just amazing! Some areas could be cleaned more often and including a breakfast in the price would make this great place even more perfect.

• 30th Jun 2015

This is definitely one of my favorite hostels so far! Always good vibe there. Also, I absolutely enjoyed the $80 trip that Tribu Hostel provided for me and my sister (along with other hostel guests) to swim with the whale sharks! It was a breathtaking experience! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3