Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

Best hostel I've stayed in my last month of traveling! Only the ladder to reach the upper bed is really stupid and challenging...

Incredibly beautiful hostel.But, for 3 days it was loud party late into the morning. I love all the fun, but there was no quiet.Then the people would come in late and turn the bright light on in your eyes, as there is no other light. And the only place to get relief from the mosquitoes was in the bed.Suggestions would be; some chairs in rooms, porches, or just available, party @ 7 to 11, add soft lighting in dorms.Screen table area.Cover & put lots of hammocks on bar decks. Thankyou for being!

This is an excellent hostel. It's extremely well located, with a great staff and it's built to be a hostel and very well designed. The kitchen in particularly is a marvel. Great nightly activities, It's not exactly a party hostel, more of a social place that has a party element.

Every single thing was awesome.. Killer kitchen, great location, the bar is chill and entertaining without having hostel vibe late night noise into all hours, very well thought out with attention to the smallest details. Staff were all very helpful. The last night we were there they had live music and it was some of the best i have ever heard in my life.. CLEAN CLEAN!!! I would highly recommend Tribu if you plan on visiting Holbox!!

• 7th Jan 2015

Tribu Hostel was one of the best hostels I´ve ever been to my life! Everything is perfect, the staff, the hostel, the cute bar, the rooms! The location is perfect for going to the beach and also going to the pueblito! There is nothing more to say than thank you! Just one tipp, bring some moscito repeller, because all around the island they are really annoying!

Excellent hostel, friendly staff. Nothing to improve, really!

We arrived the las night of 2014 and the party was awesome. The first day of the year we enjoyed the wonderful beach and the relaxing atmosphere of the hostel. We definely come back!

Everything was lovely but the noise. There was loud music blasting from the hostel bar until all hours. Despite the fact that they ask for quiet time after 11 pm in common areas. Very disappointing that their own bar did follow the rule. I met many other travelers who were upset and tired, a few that left to find other accommodations, and friends who were staying a few blocks away even suffered sleepless nights due to the bands playing so loud.

Fun hostel with a great atmosphere. Well designed layout and good facilities / activities. Staff were brilliant & very helpful. Good range of ages so we didn't feel like we were crashing a college party :-)

We booked there for 6 nights..arriving 15th December. . Within 2 nights we wanted to book until after Christmas day due to the friendly owners and staff.. but because it was high season we couldn't. . We ended up booking next door with the staff's help.. We won't be making that mistake again !!!! Book in advance :-) Great bar on the premises, wifi great for users, our room (private double) was cleaned every day and was spotless. . The staff were fantastic and always helpful

• 15th Dec 2014

Very good hostel with welcoming people! The kitchen is just perfect to cook anything you want. I recommend it deeply

Incredible building- like a colourful treehouse for adults! Every detail has been thought out.

• 12th Dec 2014

Far and above, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Comfortable, congenial atmosphere, 20 seconds from the beach, a minute or so from the main square (nothing is very far on Holbox). Always something going on, but very easy to find a quiet space as well. Highly recommended.

Unfortunally I could only stay one night. Super nice stuff and super sympathic ambiente :)

Overall good hostel but I wish they swept the dorms daily or at least left a broom since there was a lot of sand on the floor. Could also use more fans in the dorm rooms. Also it is important to tell people that the kitchen has hours, especially for those leaving before 7am - I had to leave my food behind because the kitchen was closed.

Tribu Hostel is more a family than a hostel. Right next to the beach, activities every day, chilling areas, good facilities... All this plus the amazing staff/volunteers will make it tough to leave the place. Definitevely coming back! See you soon guys!

Very good hostel with great staff and a really nice vibe. I like many others stated longer than originally planned!

Great, modern, super clean hostel. But the Mosquitos are a killer with no indoor communal area to chill out in.

The security wasn't as tight as some hostels we've been to, but we had no problems. I think the staff should wear a little paper badge or a pin, because it was hard to tell who worked there and who was just hanging out. The island is amazing, but the bugs are voracious. I think it would be a good idea to screen in the upper or lower porch area, it would be a relief to hang out and not use bug spray for a part of the day. Even if the fans worked up top deck would help. Nice kitchen great staff.

One of the best/nicest Hostels I have ever been to. Thx a lot to the staff.

• 1st Nov 2014