Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

I don't know where to begin but most of all, I felt like it was my home from the very beginning. The owners and people working there are the nicest. It had really made my stay in Mexico. You really feel like you are part of something amazing there. The hostel have everything you need. Don't even think twice and stay here for as long as you can! The island is paradise, streets are made of sand. I can't wait to return.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Great very friendly people. Poor aircon, and annoying kitchen closes at 11pm. Otherwise fantastic stay.

Good hostel, great atmosphere, it was very hot at night

I highly recommend Tribu enough. The owners at Tribu were friendly and accommodating. I would see them daily with their two young boys and dog. They fostered a welcoming place of serenity with loads of fun and I met new/interesting people - some of which have become great friends who I am still in contact with. Tribu has scheduled bar activities for those looking to mingle and I did Yoga overlooking the Caribbean on the terrace. To me,Tribu represent fun, safety and a break from stresses of NYC

• 14th Apr 2015

Great hostel over all, but I wish they improve some conditions. I wish they had a kettle for heating water for making the morning coffee/tea. Heating water in a pot on gas stove is extremely time consuming. Also, critical lack of wifi. The wifi was in and out every 30 seconds. Also, in the area where wifi is available, there are only 3 plugs!!! There was a constant line up of people who wanted to plug in their electronic devises. Same story in the dorm. However, their staff is super amazing!!

Great hostel! We had a really good time, the whole hostel was very clean and the staff super friendly and helpful! The private room was very nice, nearly like in a hotel. They have their own bar, a terrasse, yoga classes, tours,... and the hostel is located close to the beach and the town center. Would definitely stay there again!

I have stayed in many hostels all over the world and this one is without a doubt the best so far. The staff is great, everything is very clean, colourful and beautiful decorated, every night there are activities in the hostel bar. The island itself is the absolute paradise-Really cant think of anything negative

• 21st Mar 2015

Nice social vibe, great location. Its annoying that if you want to use the computeres they provide, you have to pay. And i would like that they serve breakfast, even if i had to pay one extra dollar. Its a small island, it'd make easier the start up of the day for travelers. Good bar and beautiful facilities

Amazing!!!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Wonderful place to really relax and enjoy life!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Tribu was awesome. Staff was friendly and I really enjoyed the chill atmosphere of the place. Beach nearby is not the best but the walk to punto coco is worth it. The reception doesn't open up till 9am and there is no overnight staff so don't get to the hostel at 7am like I did.

probably the best hostel i stayed at this trip

By far the best hostel I have stayed at. The facilities were great. The staff were great. The guests were great. I cant fault anything about this place. I had planned to stay for 5 nights and ended up staying for just over 2 weeks and still didnt want to leave. Thanks Tribu for being so awesome!

This is one of the few hostels in the world that is truly memorable. Mia, the owner is beyond wonderful. She cares about her guests, and it shows most during times of emergency like the one we experienced during my stay there. All staff go above and beyond to make our stay most pleasant. I highly recommend this hostel. I will be back next year.

I really enjoyed this funky spot! Despite the incredible social scene of the place, I managed to get some excellent sleep going to bed rather early compared to most of the other guests. While people are here to interact, I found the atmosphere to be very respectful. It's a pretty hip place. I do wish there was a little more structure for those leaving early as 2 of the 3 buses/ferries are scheduled to leave before reception or the kitchen opens.

we had a wonderful wonderful time in tribu hostel! thanks to the staff !!! we both agree that it was the best hostel we have ever visited :) highest recommendation

Great kitchen, you can even wood grill your fish. Nice activities all week long.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

hostel is very nice but no room to lounge. no lounge chairs or long hammocks to lie around in. Also they have a cinema room which is used as a bedroom for visiting musicians and overflow for the hostel. never did see the tv in the two weeks i was there. they close the kitchen at ten which also closes the only community seating área they have. If it rains very crowded in the only place you can sit. close to the beach but checked out Golden Paradise hostel which was farther from the beach but nice

Hello! Thank for staying with us in Tribu. We just wanted to tell you that in the 14 days that you spend with us, not even once you asked to watch a movie or tv, why :)? The cinema was occupied only 5 nights in total... We close the kitchen at 11 pm in order to not disturb the private rooms attached to the dining area. But....I'll make sure though to send you the pictures of our new garden chairs, (it's one of our next projects) once they are done. bye bye

Best hostel I've stayed in my last month of traveling! Only the ladder to reach the upper bed is really stupid and challenging...

Incredibly beautiful hostel.But, for 3 days it was loud party late into the morning. I love all the fun, but there was no quiet.Then the people would come in late and turn the bright light on in your eyes, as there is no other light. And the only place to get relief from the mosquitoes was in the bed.Suggestions would be; some chairs in rooms, porches, or just available, party @ 7 to 11, add soft lighting in dorms.Screen table area.Cover & put lots of hammocks on bar decks. Thankyou for being!

View all Holbox Island Hostels