Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

Wonderful place to really relax and enjoy life!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Tribu was awesome. Staff was friendly and I really enjoyed the chill atmosphere of the place. Beach nearby is not the best but the walk to punto coco is worth it. The reception doesn't open up till 9am and there is no overnight staff so don't get to the hostel at 7am like I did.

probably the best hostel i stayed at this trip

By far the best hostel I have stayed at. The facilities were great. The staff were great. The guests were great. I cant fault anything about this place. I had planned to stay for 5 nights and ended up staying for just over 2 weeks and still didnt want to leave. Thanks Tribu for being so awesome!

This is one of the few hostels in the world that is truly memorable. Mia, the owner is beyond wonderful. She cares about her guests, and it shows most during times of emergency like the one we experienced during my stay there. All staff go above and beyond to make our stay most pleasant. I highly recommend this hostel. I will be back next year.

I really enjoyed this funky spot! Despite the incredible social scene of the place, I managed to get some excellent sleep going to bed rather early compared to most of the other guests. While people are here to interact, I found the atmosphere to be very respectful. It's a pretty hip place. I do wish there was a little more structure for those leaving early as 2 of the 3 buses/ferries are scheduled to leave before reception or the kitchen opens.

we had a wonderful wonderful time in tribu hostel! thanks to the staff !!! we both agree that it was the best hostel we have ever visited :) highest recommendation

Great kitchen, you can even wood grill your fish. Nice activities all week long.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

hostel is very nice but no room to lounge. no lounge chairs or long hammocks to lie around in. Also they have a cinema room which is used as a bedroom for visiting musicians and overflow for the hostel. never did see the tv in the two weeks i was there. they close the kitchen at ten which also closes the only community seating área they have. If it rains very crowded in the only place you can sit. close to the beach but checked out Golden Paradise hostel which was farther from the beach but nice

Hello! Thank for staying with us in Tribu. We just wanted to tell you that in the 14 days that you spend with us, not even once you asked to watch a movie or tv, why :)? The cinema was occupied only 5 nights in total... We close the kitchen at 11 pm in order to not disturb the private rooms attached to the dining area. But....I'll make sure though to send you the pictures of our new garden chairs, (it's one of our next projects) once they are done. bye bye

Best hostel I've stayed in my last month of traveling! Only the ladder to reach the upper bed is really stupid and challenging...

Incredibly beautiful hostel.But, for 3 days it was loud party late into the morning. I love all the fun, but there was no quiet.Then the people would come in late and turn the bright light on in your eyes, as there is no other light. And the only place to get relief from the mosquitoes was in the bed.Suggestions would be; some chairs in rooms, porches, or just available, party @ 7 to 11, add soft lighting in dorms.Screen table area.Cover & put lots of hammocks on bar decks. Thankyou for being!

This is an excellent hostel. It's extremely well located, with a great staff and it's built to be a hostel and very well designed. The kitchen in particularly is a marvel. Great nightly activities, It's not exactly a party hostel, more of a social place that has a party element.

Every single thing was awesome.. Killer kitchen, great location, the bar is chill and entertaining without having hostel vibe late night noise into all hours, very well thought out with attention to the smallest details. Staff were all very helpful. The last night we were there they had live music and it was some of the best i have ever heard in my life.. CLEAN CLEAN!!! I would highly recommend Tribu if you plan on visiting Holbox!!

• 7th Jan 2015

Tribu Hostel was one of the best hostels I´ve ever been to my life! Everything is perfect, the staff, the hostel, the cute bar, the rooms! The location is perfect for going to the beach and also going to the pueblito! There is nothing more to say than thank you! Just one tipp, bring some moscito repeller, because all around the island they are really annoying!

Excellent hostel, friendly staff. Nothing to improve, really!

We arrived the las night of 2014 and the party was awesome. The first day of the year we enjoyed the wonderful beach and the relaxing atmosphere of the hostel. We definely come back!

Everything was lovely but the noise. There was loud music blasting from the hostel bar until all hours. Despite the fact that they ask for quiet time after 11 pm in common areas. Very disappointing that their own bar did follow the rule. I met many other travelers who were upset and tired, a few that left to find other accommodations, and friends who were staying a few blocks away even suffered sleepless nights due to the bands playing so loud.

Fun hostel with a great atmosphere. Well designed layout and good facilities / activities. Staff were brilliant & very helpful. Good range of ages so we didn't feel like we were crashing a college party :-)

We booked there for 6 nights..arriving 15th December. . Within 2 nights we wanted to book until after Christmas day due to the friendly owners and staff.. but because it was high season we couldn't. . We ended up booking next door with the staff's help.. We won't be making that mistake again !!!! Book in advance :-) Great bar on the premises, wifi great for users, our room (private double) was cleaned every day and was spotless. . The staff were fantastic and always helpful

• 15th Dec 2014

Very good hostel with welcoming people! The kitchen is just perfect to cook anything you want. I recommend it deeply

View all Holbox Island Hostels