Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

Tribu is a beautiful and unique hostel, and the location is perfect for anything you want to do in Holbox. The contruction details are so beautiful, and everything is designed to catch the breezes from the ocean, which is only a block away. Fun activities happen in the bar every night (salsa lessons, etc.), or you can just relax in a hammock chair (the best!) or watch the stars from the roof. Lovely place!

Excellent! Loved the place. Great attention from the staff, comfortable, beautiful artwork and a bar adjacent to it, with live music and good drinks, with bar promotions almost each nights. Breakfast is not included, but it has a big kitchen wich is very well equipped to cater yourself if needed. Recommended (y)

Very beautiful hostel, located 2 minutes away from the beach and the centre. Lacked a bit of that typical communal/family hostel atmosphere when i was there, everyone sort of just kept to themselves, but i guess that always depend on the people staying there. Great bar, would be nice if it would open earlier. Helpful and welcoming staff. Poor wifi.

Probably one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! The one bit of feedback I would like to give is that the ladders to the top bunks are extremely awkward to use. Normal ladders would be a lot better. Apart from that really enjoyed my stay and the people I met there.

• 13th Jan 2016

The location is fantastic, close to the beach, nice common spaces to chillout, nice bar with lots of things Jam sessions, concerts and so on. We had a wonderful stay, definitely willing to go back!

One of the best hostels I've been so far. Really good vibes, good facilities, awesome place to stay for a while.

Everything is good with this hostel highly recommended

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel was excellent, the kitchen facility and set up is perfect even for a few groups cooking at the one time. The hostel could be improved if the hostel bar opened A LOT early, for example 4pm and did more two for one cocktail deals. Otherwise, amazing hostel in an amazing island.

Fantastic vibrant hostel on a beautiful, peaceful island unspoilt by tourism (so far)!

This is the most amazing hostel. Clean and very very friendly staff. Always helpful and kind. It attracts a good crowd of travelers as well. It is located very close to the beautiful beach, but set away from noise and commotion. I would love to return soon.

This is one of the better hostels that I've stayed in. Staff is really awesome. hostel is very cheerful, lots of hammocks and murals and bright colors. there's a bar if you're inta that and they have some kind of activity just about every night. kitchen is well stocked but it is a big hostel so the kitchen can get quite crowded. biggest complaint is the showers- water comes at you like lasers. location is prime though, right on the beach

I felt very welcome at the hostel and enjoyed my trip and I'm sure I will come back. An included breakfast would turn the hostel from "top" to "perfect"! Thanks for your work!

this was probably one of my top 3 hostels so far. the atmosphere is amazing for meeting people and that's what really makes it. the hostel itself is very colorful and I never had any issues with cleanliness. the staff was happy to answer any questions I had. without a doubt I would recommend staying here. the only downside is the street it was on was flooded the entire time I was there making it a little irritating to get around

Great hostel, only thing i could complain was the wifi wasnt accesible in all areas (ie. rooms). Other than that great place, nice staff and good travellers.

Cool hostel, great staff, super close to the beach, enjoyed an organised meal one evening which got everyone socialising together. Make sure you choose a dorm with air con as in my opinion the dorm with the fans is too warm. You also pay 20 pesos for a towel.

We loved staying at Tribu, everyone was super friendly and helpful, we had a chance to relax, meet other travelers and over all, had a great experience in Holbox thanks to the lovely receptionists help.

Great hostel with great facilities! Dorms are spacious and have AC. Great hot shower! Wifi worked great. Good well stocked kitchen and comfy hammocks. We were there in low season so there were no activities which sound awesome (yoga, games, bar etc). The cinema was great for a rainy day..which was most of the time for us. Must see the plankton at night! Truly amazing!!

Nice place in holbox. Has good hammocks and is close to the beach. Staff very friendly too Atmosphere was a bit depressing as it was closing down for two weeks, but that's the way it goes! Would have been nice to have some kind of breakfast included

Hello! Thanks for your review! After a long and super busy year, Tribu needed some love and care... For all our guests the hostel will open again the 12th of October, fresh, clean and colorful! :) see you soon

Perfect stay at a wonderful place! Thank you so much!

Such a great, chilled out place in paradise. Couldn't have asked for a better stay and the staff are lovely! Definitely go for the rooms with AC!

View all Holbox Island Hostels