Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

The security wasn't as tight as some hostels we've been to, but we had no problems. I think the staff should wear a little paper badge or a pin, because it was hard to tell who worked there and who was just hanging out. The island is amazing, but the bugs are voracious. I think it would be a good idea to screen in the upper or lower porch area, it would be a relief to hang out and not use bug spray for a part of the day. Even if the fans worked up top deck would help. Nice kitchen great staff.

One of the best/nicest Hostels I have ever been to. Thx a lot to the staff.

• 1st Nov 2014

An awesome hostel with a lot of love and colors... But what make this hostel an amazing place, is the staff and the plenty activities that are organized every single day to make our experience even better. Super recommended!!

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

Maybe i expected too much, but i didnt enjoy tribu. The "helpers" who were there for renovations were very closed off and didn't make anyone feel welcome. The bar was closed the entire time (without any compensation), the wifi is only in the common area so everyone is always online. There is no atmosphere which is sad because it has the makings of a fantastic hostel experience for travellers. I heard ida y vuelta is a better hostel, however i ended up leaving tribu to stay with a local friend x

Great place to stay but would like breakfast too

it's a great hostel on a great island. Hammocks all over the place and superclose to the beach. Nice staff. I mean hostel is great, maybe a bit big and kitchen a bit dirty. But that's normal, and other than that, brilliant.

Great hostel for solo travellers, very chilled out place on this beautiful island. Rooms are basic but fine, nice big kitchen and bar, awesome hammock area. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Great location, just steps from a beautiful beach. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Can't wait to go back!

This hostel was good but it was extremely hot at night and the fans just didn't cut it. We were there for two nights and didn't sleep either night. Other than that the staff were fantastic and there were good places to relax and a cool bar. It's close to everything you'll need. There's a small locker to put you things in.

Gorgeous hostel on an amazing island. Kitchen is great, staff very helpful (free sweets on check in), nice hammock area, bar and roof terrace, very clean, free water, good cinema room, amazing location and great atmosphere. Few things they could do to make it the best hostel yet - include a free breakfast, bigger lockers (could only fit my small bag in), more plugs in the room and wifi in the room. Do the whale shark trip through them as other trips didn't do everything that we did.

Amazing hostel, we felt like at home! The atmosphere is incredible and wait till you see all the hammocks. They offer a lot of fun activities, it's just a good decision to stay at tribu! I fell in love with that place...

this hostel is truly one of the best, i stayed in a private room with my boyfriend and it was lovely. Isla Holbox is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and the hostel will set up a swimming with whale sharks tour for you which was amazing. The staff are super friendly and accommodating and there's always a different and awesome activity going on in the upstairs bar that kept the place interesting. it was also well worth the price. LOVED IT, can't recommend enough!

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at (and I'm a frequent traveler). First of all, the atmosphere is just awesome - great people and brilliant staff. They have their own bar located at the hostel with descent prices and fun activities, the kitchen area is clean and have all necessary cookware. The suite was better than many hotels. Some of our stuff got stolen on the beach one nigh (not Tribu's fault) and the staff was so helpful throughout the process with the police and everything!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

One of the best hostels of all time!! Amazing staff, location and facilities!!

Great hostel, great kichen, and chill out area. Staff were so helpfulll but found rooms very hot.

This place cannot be faulted! Extended my stay I loved it that much. And the STAFF ARE SO SO SO AMAZING! Got very ill and as a solo travellor from home isn't the best experience. But the staff made the experience so much more barable, they checked on me all the time, called the doctor, stayed with me and made sure I was never alone! I CANT RECCOMMEND THIS PLACE ENOUGH!! Whatever you do, STAY HERE YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED!

• 16th Jul 2014

Very good hostel, social environment, well kited out

• 5th Jul 2014

At first, they had messed up our reservation for a 6 bed dorm and told us we had to stay in a 10 bed dorm, which was a minor inconvenience. The owner felt so bad about it, she found us in the hostel bar that night, bought us drinks and upgraded us to a private room for our second night for the same price. There are awesome activities every night, a great community atmosphere, and it's 2 seconds from the beach. If you like hanging out with cool people and having drinks, you will like it here!

Great little hostel, only pity is that they don't include breakfast!!

• 1st Jul 2014

Incredible! Best hostel hands down we've stayed at! Best vibe, good beds, helpful nice staff and good events on every night! Me and my friend stayed in the suite there was really amazing!!!!! Highly recommend this place! Will definately be coming back! Thank you for having us tribu xx

View all Holbox Island Hostels