Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

Great hostel. Superb facilities. Community activities and atmosphere. Whale shark trip a must. Bug spray a must

• 11th Jul 2013

Wonderful, amazing place.

Amazing place in paradise, always again

The poeple that work at the hostel are great, Ricardo and Ion. The bar is cheap, location is great, the hoste basicaly was built to be a hostel, the atmopshere is great. I loved this hostel.

Amazing! super cool hostel, with lots of colour and different places to chill out and meet other travellers, everything you would want in a hostel, super clean and a great vibe. Close to the beach and really helpful staff with info on tours activities etc. Tribu provides a great atmosphere, with lots of activities and a cool cheap bar, making it very easy to enjoy the chilled out vibe of Holbox. One of the best hostels I have every stayed at. Definitely recommend staying here! Thanks Tribu!

• 18th Jun 2013
  • Rardy

Tribu Hostel is one of the best Hostels I stayed ever! The staff is very helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean, the kitchen is huge, there are several different places for hanging around and you can get rinks in the bar for very fer very fair prices. Moreover, there are every evening different activities and they provide Spanish classes which ended up for me as private classes because I was the only student! I ended up there 3 weeks but could have there forever!

the good things: very good place to stay, very clean and it is near to the beach. I was in a private room, it was very confortable and the bed was big and linen seems good. The kitchen was nice, I didn't use it but there were a lot of stuff, and it is big for many people. the bad things: the wifi does not work in the rooms, you can't read in the rooms because the light is very poor. the "hamacas" are not confortable. I enjoyed my stay there, it was a very good deal. I will stay again.

• 24th Apr 2013
  • Mexico

I just love this hostel, everything is awesome I can't say anything wrong, best hostel ever

99% excellent! Only there is missing the direct beach access.

• 31st Mar 2013
  • Czech Republic

Thanks to the staff for their help and advice. They are really helpful. Nice atmosphere, nice hostel.

• 25th Mar 2013

great staff, clean rooms and even better service, we couldnt be happier with how everything went! we strongly recommend it, great price as well

• 23rd Mar 2013
  • Mexico

Had a great time here. only regret is that i could not have stayed for longer. Congrats and many thanks to the owers and staff for achieving such a great finish and wonderful atmosphere.

• 22nd Mar 2013

Olivier and myself stayed at Tribu Hostel for four days in March and we absolutely loved our experience. The hostel has SO MUCH character, everything is in the details! The staff was super friendly, even lending us some essentials when our baggage was delayed for a day. We felt welcomed, at ease, and had great times at the roof bar! You can feel that the staff is happy to be there, which is a rare quality sometimes in hostels!!

• 18th Mar 2013

This hostel was just like the island, just perfect! Just go there and enjoy!

The best hostel :)

They allow pets in the kitchen, which I find gross, not to mention they get in your feet while you carry stuff and owners let them bark all day (& night). Kitchen tables were covered with filth any time of the day, bathroom for an entire floor cleaned only once a day (left a paper at 3pm, it was still there at 11am the day after). Tiny toilet paper bin in the ensuite wc emptied only once a day too, for a 10 girl dorm, it stank. Ppl were minding their own business & it was overall boring

Hi, Thank you for staying in Tribu. We are really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. :( Let me just say that we have a dog, but he stays always with us in our house...while the neighbor's one, yes I have to admit that he visit us sometimes and look for some food and love. I also wanted to tell you that each dorm have a bathroom en suite and that we clean the kitchen 3 times x day, but not all the guests love to wash after using the facilities...enjoy the rest of your trip!

Staff was very friendly and helpful with navigating the island. My girlfriend and I met many new traveler friends, cooked in the excellent kitchen facilities, and enjoyed the bar and hammock hangouts. Would definitely recommend Tribu to anyone visiting Holbox!

Hostel is great! Set-up exactly how a hostel should be! They have events every night usually. The owner is super nice and makes you feel welcome! The staff on the other hand can be very bitter and all have a closely knit friend group of longtermers and if your not in that group they make everything difficult for you asif they want you I leave so they have the place to them selfs again.

I loved Tribu! Stayed in a private room, which was clean, bright, had plenty of storage space and a balcony. Mia and her staff were friendly and always ready to help out, even when off-duty. And the attention to detail was truly inspiring! From registration forms to recycling bins, everything is designed to be both practical and beautiful (or funny). Maintenance and upkeep was excellent, as were the public spaces: lots of hammocks to hang out in, big, well-equipped kitchen. I'll be back :-)

This hostel looks amazing. You can really tell a lot of attention and energy was put in it. The kitchen is very well equiped but unfortunately it will only open at 7 in the morning so we werent able to get the food we prepared for our trip back because we left before that. The reception only opens between 9 and 19 so before and after that we didnt know who to adress to. We were in a 10 bed female dorm and we were out of toiletpaper all the time. There were 2 grumpy women "living" in the room.

View all Holbox Island Hostels