Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

Fantastic hostel- everything is new and clean, however lacks atmosphere, if there were more drink specials at the bar, live music and group BBQs or dinners this place would be great! Information about the island on arrival was also lacking. This hostel is lovely, clean and really well set out- just needs more emphasis placed on the bar upstairs and some live music to get everyone to join in!

• 31st Dec 2013

We enjoyed our stay. It was clean, people friendly and fun. Suggestions: Consider drying rack for the porch outside the 10 female dorm room. There aren't enough places to dry our few clothes.Also, someday it'd be nice to have a community room where people can read, sit on sofas, chat, play games. The hammocks are great but w/ rain not all can be used (and you don't play games in these). The balcony is a nice; however its small and not a comfortable social area. Great place-love it!

Tribu is an ok hostel in a great area on Holbox. The dorm rooms have a lot of beds so it can be quite noisy and you can hear the bar from almost every room I think - although they do shut things down at 11pm. It wasn't the cleanest but not the worst either. The lockers were way too small. It was a bit of a party hostel which is great if you're in to that but I wasn't so it kept me up. Amazing architecture but I felt it lacked any kind of character or atmosphere.

• 12th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Best hostel i ever stayed in!!!!

Great rooms and an excellent equipped kitchen. Enjoyed the common area with comfortable hammocks.

• 18th Nov 2013

Even if the weather was not that good, we loved our stay at Tribu!! Maybe see you next year! Thomas & Paolo

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff and in a good location, right by the beach. Huge kitchen so you don't have to fight for stove space, and lots of space around the hostel to chill out. Great place to stay!

best hostel I've ever stayed at

• 12th Sep 2013

Tribu Hostel on Isla Holbox is a very nice place to stay. The hostel is located just 50m away from the sea and is very good equipped. Also the staff is very friendly and helpful. Just keep in mind that there aren't that much activities on Isla Holbox which means that this is not a Party-Hostel but rather a safe and quiet place for relaxing. I recommand to end your trip with this hostel because of the lack of possible activites around. Thanks for this great time at Tribu Hostel.

• 6th Sep 2013

Everything was great! Until they trow away my food...They have a sigh saying that they clean their fridges every Monday.,Cool. I come to the kitchen TUESDAY around 3:00 pm and put my stuff of goodies for dinner., dinner time comes and whalaa my food is gone! they cleaned the fridge on tuesday! Everything else was great! but that insident really sucked...

We felt home in the hostel, they did everything to make us feel comfortable , the atmosphere was great i sure will be back soon!

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

I really liked our stay in Tribu Hostel. We had everything that we needed. The hammocks were great to take a nap in! :) All the people who worked there were really nice and helpful.

Tribu is a mad hostel. We had some things stolen from our room so keep your doors locked, but besides that, we had a great stay. Isla Holbox is paradise. The staff are chilled, very helpful and friendly. If you don't stay here, there's something wrong with you probably.

• 20th Jul 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at Tribu. Our room and bathroom were clean. We were beneath the kitchen and next to the bar so it was noisy at night. Kitchen and bar themselves are great, wish the kitchen opened a little earlier than 7am. The beach is right around the corner. Reception was helpful in setting tour activities and area information.

Great hostel. Superb facilities. Community activities and atmosphere. Whale shark trip a must. Bug spray a must

• 11th Jul 2013

Wonderful, amazing place.

Amazing place in paradise, always again

The poeple that work at the hostel are great, Ricardo and Ion. The bar is cheap, location is great, the hoste basicaly was built to be a hostel, the atmopshere is great. I loved this hostel.

Amazing! super cool hostel, with lots of colour and different places to chill out and meet other travellers, everything you would want in a hostel, super clean and a great vibe. Close to the beach and really helpful staff with info on tours activities etc. Tribu provides a great atmosphere, with lots of activities and a cool cheap bar, making it very easy to enjoy the chilled out vibe of Holbox. One of the best hostels I have every stayed at. Definitely recommend staying here! Thanks Tribu!

• 18th Jun 2013
  • Rardy

Tribu Hostel is one of the best Hostels I stayed ever! The staff is very helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean, the kitchen is huge, there are several different places for hanging around and you can get rinks in the bar for very fer very fair prices. Moreover, there are every evening different activities and they provide Spanish classes which ended up for me as private classes because I was the only student! I ended up there 3 weeks but could have there forever!

View all Holbox Island Hostels