Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at (and I'm a frequent traveler). First of all, the atmosphere is just awesome - great people and brilliant staff. They have their own bar located at the hostel with descent prices and fun activities, the kitchen area is clean and have all necessary cookware. The suite was better than many hotels. Some of our stuff got stolen on the beach one nigh (not Tribu's fault) and the staff was so helpful throughout the process with the police and everything!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

One of the best hostels of all time!! Amazing staff, location and facilities!!

Great hostel, great kichen, and chill out area. Staff were so helpfulll but found rooms very hot.

This place cannot be faulted! Extended my stay I loved it that much. And the STAFF ARE SO SO SO AMAZING! Got very ill and as a solo travellor from home isn't the best experience. But the staff made the experience so much more barable, they checked on me all the time, called the doctor, stayed with me and made sure I was never alone! I CANT RECCOMMEND THIS PLACE ENOUGH!! Whatever you do, STAY HERE YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED!

• 16th Jul 2014

Very good hostel, social environment, well kited out

• 5th Jul 2014

At first, they had messed up our reservation for a 6 bed dorm and told us we had to stay in a 10 bed dorm, which was a minor inconvenience. The owner felt so bad about it, she found us in the hostel bar that night, bought us drinks and upgraded us to a private room for our second night for the same price. There are awesome activities every night, a great community atmosphere, and it's 2 seconds from the beach. If you like hanging out with cool people and having drinks, you will like it here!

Great little hostel, only pity is that they don't include breakfast!!

• 1st Jul 2014

Incredible! Best hostel hands down we've stayed at! Best vibe, good beds, helpful nice staff and good events on every night! Me and my friend stayed in the suite there was really amazing!!!!! Highly recommend this place! Will definately be coming back! Thank you for having us tribu xx

Great Hostel, great team, perfect place to stay !!

• 28th Jun 2014

Tribu is a wonderful place.Can I say more that I returned here again eventhough I live like 10000 kms away. It's like you move in to a colorful magic-castle for a while where you dont need shoes, you cook some food, all day just relaxing and chilling in the hammocks (I wish I had as good afternoon sleeps back at home as I had there in the hammocks!!) or on the beach, or on the roof terrace. Whale shark trips and the planton shining at night are again, sooo unique. The bar is excellent too!

Loved Tribu hostel. Perfect location. Helpful and friendly staff. Holbox Island is beautiful. Whale sharks are a must see.

very good hostel - nice peoples, a very friendly staff. The hostel is really very good with a nice design.

Hostel Tribu was great - relaxed and beautiful, with a great view of the sunsets from the rooftop!

• 25th Apr 2014

Excelent hostel, excellent atmosphere, the staff is really charming, the salsa lessons are an extra point, you can meet people in there ...

Really a great placr to stay, the staff are awesome, the place, the rooms, close to the beach. I higly recommend the place. Excelelente lugar, el ambiente, el staff, el lugar, todo perfecto!!!

It was my second stay in Holbox at Tribu and there is a reason why I keep coming! Tribu is one of the best hostel I've stayed at in all my travels. It has a great vibe, super chill, close to the beach. These people understand travelers and they have basically created the perfect hostel for them. Their bar is fun and they always have something different every night. It attracts ppl from all over the island so great place to see new faces! Already looking forward for my next stay...

One of my favourite hostels, great kitchen, hammocks, big size comfortable mattresses, plenty of space & personal lockers in the dorms. Very close to the beach & town centre, friendly staff - it has it all,..... and more...

We loved our stay at Tribu - everything was new, clean, felt safe, and it had a chill and nice athmosphere. The place is quite big actually with lots of people but very relaxed. Unfortunately a bit noisy during evenings from the bar - and also in the morning since our room was just beside the kitchen (opens at 7) There where both families w children and young people there and we loved the mix. Great location, near everything, and on this sweet, calm and lovely island. We warmly recommend this pl

One of the best hostel I ever stayed in

My husband and I decided to stay in this hostel because it got very good reviews and rightfully so. However, we found that although Tribu is very clean, decorated nicely, friendly, and in a great location, it is geared toward a younger crowd of travelers. There is a nice bar located on-site as well as a common area which we found to be loud until late at night. It just wasn't exactly what we were looking for in terms of our vacation ideals but that was not the hostels fault.

• 5th Feb 2014