Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

Great Hostel, great team, perfect place to stay !!

• 28th Jun 2014

Tribu is a wonderful place.Can I say more that I returned here again eventhough I live like 10000 kms away. It's like you move in to a colorful magic-castle for a while where you dont need shoes, you cook some food, all day just relaxing and chilling in the hammocks (I wish I had as good afternoon sleeps back at home as I had there in the hammocks!!) or on the beach, or on the roof terrace. Whale shark trips and the planton shining at night are again, sooo unique. The bar is excellent too!

Loved Tribu hostel. Perfect location. Helpful and friendly staff. Holbox Island is beautiful. Whale sharks are a must see.

very good hostel - nice peoples, a very friendly staff. The hostel is really very good with a nice design.

Hostel Tribu was great - relaxed and beautiful, with a great view of the sunsets from the rooftop!

• 25th Apr 2014

Excelent hostel, excellent atmosphere, the staff is really charming, the salsa lessons are an extra point, you can meet people in there ...

Really a great placr to stay, the staff are awesome, the place, the rooms, close to the beach. I higly recommend the place. Excelelente lugar, el ambiente, el staff, el lugar, todo perfecto!!!

It was my second stay in Holbox at Tribu and there is a reason why I keep coming! Tribu is one of the best hostel I've stayed at in all my travels. It has a great vibe, super chill, close to the beach. These people understand travelers and they have basically created the perfect hostel for them. Their bar is fun and they always have something different every night. It attracts ppl from all over the island so great place to see new faces! Already looking forward for my next stay...

One of my favourite hostels, great kitchen, hammocks, big size comfortable mattresses, plenty of space & personal lockers in the dorms. Very close to the beach & town centre, friendly staff - it has it all,..... and more...

We loved our stay at Tribu - everything was new, clean, felt safe, and it had a chill and nice athmosphere. The place is quite big actually with lots of people but very relaxed. Unfortunately a bit noisy during evenings from the bar - and also in the morning since our room was just beside the kitchen (opens at 7) There where both families w children and young people there and we loved the mix. Great location, near everything, and on this sweet, calm and lovely island. We warmly recommend this pl

One of the best hostel I ever stayed in

My husband and I decided to stay in this hostel because it got very good reviews and rightfully so. However, we found that although Tribu is very clean, decorated nicely, friendly, and in a great location, it is geared toward a younger crowd of travelers. There is a nice bar located on-site as well as a common area which we found to be loud until late at night. It just wasn't exactly what we were looking for in terms of our vacation ideals but that was not the hostels fault.

• 5th Feb 2014

Everything was great about it! The only shortcoming is that the reception opens at 9am! So if you arrive early, you have to wait... And you can't get the money from your deposit if you leave before 9am! Anyway, it's worth staying there!!!

This is the coolest Hostel EVER! The staff, the accommodations, the beds and rooms are beautiful, and the Kayak guide we had was stellar. The ONLY things I wish, though I know in Mexico it is much harder to accomplish one of these things, is Hot showers- even warm would be nice-, and bigger lockers to store your stuff. Otherwise I can't say enough about the place. Saw an amazing band in the bar, and the cocktails and bartenders were amazing and reasonably priced. Tribu Rules!

• 11th Jan 2014

I loved tribu hostel so much. Such a cool looking place, very clean and great vibe. The staff are really friendly and the bar is a lot of fun. This hostel made my stay in holbox awesome!

Fantastic hostel- everything is new and clean, however lacks atmosphere, if there were more drink specials at the bar, live music and group BBQs or dinners this place would be great! Information about the island on arrival was also lacking. This hostel is lovely, clean and really well set out- just needs more emphasis placed on the bar upstairs and some live music to get everyone to join in!

• 31st Dec 2013

We enjoyed our stay. It was clean, people friendly and fun. Suggestions: Consider drying rack for the porch outside the 10 female dorm room. There aren't enough places to dry our few clothes.Also, someday it'd be nice to have a community room where people can read, sit on sofas, chat, play games. The hammocks are great but w/ rain not all can be used (and you don't play games in these). The balcony is a nice; however its small and not a comfortable social area. Great place-love it!

Tribu is an ok hostel in a great area on Holbox. The dorm rooms have a lot of beds so it can be quite noisy and you can hear the bar from almost every room I think - although they do shut things down at 11pm. It wasn't the cleanest but not the worst either. The lockers were way too small. It was a bit of a party hostel which is great if you're in to that but I wasn't so it kept me up. Amazing architecture but I felt it lacked any kind of character or atmosphere.

Best hostel i ever stayed in!!!!

Great rooms and an excellent equipped kitchen. Enjoyed the common area with comfortable hammocks.

• 18th Nov 2013