Tropical Breeze Guest house Reviews

Wat Damanak Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Lovely guesthouse with a very nice atmosphere. Good facilities (bar, decent menu, pool table, towels etc). About 10 minute walk to the markets, restaurants and bars etc. Would stay here again!!

the staff here were so good - did everything for you. i wanted some beer and the staff went out and got me some one day. booked trips for me and the girlfriend, held our luggage, let us pay for extra bits on leaving. such a nice place and the room was massive with a very good shower

I made a booking 2 weeks in advance, and when I arrived, they took me up to the room. But when the front desk guy opened the door, someone else's things were there. He went downstairs again and when he came up, he said that he was sorry but they were full and sent me to a hotel across the street. Totally unacceptable.

The hostel was in an excellent location and was just around thw corner from the night market and pub street. The hostel itself was lacking atmosphere with a very uncomfortable social area. The top floor was being renovated which started early in the morning and since our room was on the 3rd floor it was very noisy. Overall I would say this hostel is a good base.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

A good hostel with excellent staff, especially a young man named Prodo. He was very helpful arranging my tour of Angkor and onward travel to Phnom Penh.

Nice hostel, big rooms. Our had a problem in the bath room but it was immediately solved after asking for help. nice location (5-10 minutes walking to pub street). Recommend it

Staff friendly for stay at hostel and advice around for getting around town. Nice hangout area on entry floor and balconies on each floor after. Clean, spacious, comfortable atmosphere. Good quality and price for laundry service and food/drink available. Just a five minute walk to the old market and nearby cafes/restaurants. I recommend blue pumpkin for breakfast or a coffee. Plenty of street food options nearby old market. Good wifi, towel provided, no hot water - though I visited in hot July.

Building work on going at the moment and the first day was woken at 7.30 am to the sound of neumatic drilling on the concrete walls echoing through the building . No hot water. Breakfast was average, bathroom didn't smell great. No real atmosphere. Moved onto a new place after 3 days of been woken up by building work

The room was spacious and clean. The sink was broken but they came and fixed it real quickly. It's close to the main area but still about 5-10 minute walk.

Staff were trustworthy, spoke English well and were helpful in scheduling day trips. Free water was available and had some wifi in the room (intermittent) but had wifi in the lobby.

• 17th Jun 2014

Really nice and clean rooms, very cheap so great value for money, only a 2 minute walk to pub street. The staff were really friendly and very helpful, free computer use which is handy. Had a really good stay here would definitely go back

The staff were very friendly and helpful in fulfilling any requests, organizing activities and answering questions. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the food was delicious and reasonably priced. I would definitely go there again when visiting Siem Reap!

This guest house is good if you are a quiet person. Not crowded and the staff doesn't speak much. However, they are still friendly to say hello. And there is a little girl very cute and wants to play with you. But, they don't reply to any email. And they are really not friendly to my tuk tuk driver. May be they want to keep the place quiet and safe, but they even don't allow my tuk tuk driver to enter the restaurant. And they had double charged me for the breakfast and some of the deposit.

Great place to stay. Nicer room than I expected for the price! Had a TV! Bit more like a hotel room than a hostel. Really nice balcony to hang out on. Staff are all friendly and very helpful. The bikes they have to rent are really good quality too, better than many others you will see available to rent in town. Definitely highly recommend this place.

Amazing location! Barely 5 minutes walk to Pub Street and the Old Market. Staff are very helpful with all our questions. Booked a tuktuk tour of the temples and we were very much taken cared of.

This is an absolutely great location. Off the chaotic main street but close to things. The staff was incredibly helpful and I will definitely stay here again when I return to Siem Reap.

• 9th Apr 2014

No dorms, so I had my own room with air con and TV. Staff are good, very helpful and friendly. Don't get your laundry/clothes washing done here though....mine came back as dirty as I sent it, and I needed clean clothes!! A good cheap place to stay in Siem Reap, but there are many hundreds of others.

We loves our stay here! Offering a cheap Tuc Tuc service to Angkor Wat and the airport when we needed it. Friendly staff who are very helpful and offer great suggestions for where to go and what to do. Room was lovely! Good value for room. We were happy!

Thanks for having us. We had a pleasant stay.

Had an okay stay here, okay location to pub street (3/4 min walk). Easily and conveniently sorted out Angkor Wat 'tour'.

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts