U Surf Me Reviews

Estrada do Pontal, 3091 - Recreio dos Bandeirantes, Rio de Janeiro, 22785-560, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

No Rating

Dasha and Andre are lovely hosts and the breakfast is the best I've had in a very long time. In fact I still think of it now. I think this is a great hostel despite the location being further out of the city. I would make efforts to stay here again. Many thanks and all the best.

This place is out of the way of downtown Rio, but it's really a great place. The family who owns the hostel is friendly and accommodating. It's walking or biking distance to loads of beaches, and there are plenty of hammocks slung for lazing away the hot afternoons. It's quiet and adorable. I had a great time here and would highly recommend it.

• 4th Feb 2013

Upon arrival we sat in the communal area. The sheets on the sofas stank & obviously had not been washed in ages. There was an infestation of Mosquitos (hundreds of them) swarming around. In the morning the water for the bathroom had not been filled & the shower was not working, plus a rather large unflushable turd. When told to use other shower I hardly got a trickle of water. We left the next morning having wasted 700rs in transfers & deposit. Hostel address on site is a lie. Great New Year!

Estamos muy agradecidas por el tiempo increible que pasamos en el hostel. Lo recomiendo ampliamente a los amantes de la naturaleza y del surf. Nos sentimos como en casa y nos dio mucha tristeza tener que irnos ya que conocimos gente increible. Muito obrigado por tudo, saudade!! GRACIAS!!! We are completely grateful for the amazing time that we had at the hostel. Definitely recommended for nature,beach and surf lovers. We felt like home and met such incredible people. THANKS A LOT !!!! :D

We took advantage of the surfing lessons offered and very much enjoyed them. The surrounding scenery and beaches are stunning and the owners are very helpful. We certainly recommend staying here.

• 18th Nov 2012

Rio never ceases to amaze me. Not too far from the buzz of the center or the popular beaches of the Zona Sul you can find the most beautiful nature surroundings. U Surf me has got a great atmosphere, very friendly and helpful owners and very good services for those wanting to enjoy the best scenery in Rio. We’d most certainly recommend it!

I had a fantastic time and would recommend staying here to anyone who is interested either surfing or relaxing in a beautiful surroundings. The food was excellent and location very close to the beach ( as well as numerous different breaks). I ended up staying two extra nights so they must have been doing something right!

View all Rio de Janeiro Bed and Breakfasts